Kidnapped

By avatare91

What would you do if someone you loved was kidnapped? Erica knew instantly what she would do, and it wasn't g... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue

Chapter 7

3.7K 98 16
By avatare91

Hey!! Anyone who reads this story, please comment and let me know what you think! Even if you hated it! I'd like to know if its worth continuing or not. Please let me know, and thanks to anyone who's read it so far!   

Chapter 7:

We pulled up to the jail about ten minutes after leaving the police station. The officer didn't say anything to me. I followed him and they had me put on some orange clothes, then took me to cell number twenty-four. It was a small room with four bunk-beds in the corner. Was I going to be sharing a cell with other people? This was just wonderful.

Why was I here, anyways? I hadn't done anything wrong! They didn't even give me a chance to prove my innocence! Well, Dave said he'd get me out as soon as possible. I knew he would, too. I trusted Dave with my life. He'd always been there for me, through every time I got in trouble and every time I scraped my knee, as far back as I could remember, he was there.

My mind went through all the memories of me and Dave. We'd been friends since forever. No, Dave and I weren't friends, we were best friends.

A loud ringing noise shook me from my thoughts. The door to my cell opened. I stood up and poked my head into the hall. A bunch of people were heading down the halls. Maybe it was lunch time? I decided to just follow everyone else.

I was walking down the hall when someone shoved me to the side and I fell onto the ground, landing on my injured wrist and causing pain to shoot through my hand and up my arm. I whimpered in pain as whoever had shove me laughed.

"Stupid girl," A voice muttered above me and someone kicked my side, causing more pain. I heard a whistle, then someone picked me up and pushed me forward. I was walking with the crowd again, but I was clutching my side and clamping my teeth in pain.

A few minutes later, I reached a cafeteria. I grabbed a tray and a lady put a huge lump of what looked like pudding, but smelled like vegetables, on my tray. I went to find an empty table and sat down, avoiding everyone in the area.

For a long time, I just swirled the pudding-stuff around on my plate, refusing to eat it.

"It's edible, you know." A voice said from behind me. I turned to see a girl behind me. She was really tall and looked like she could smash me with one finger. She kind of scared me. But her voice was soft when she spoke. "You don't look like the type to be in jail. What brings you here?" She sat across from me and started scarfing down the pudding-stuff like a starving animal.

"Umm, people thought I kidnapped my little brother," I told her.

"But you didn't." She said.

"No. They have evidence to 'prove' it, though, and they didn't even let me defend myself." I told her. She rolled her eyes.

"People will believe anything these days. The justice system is so screwed up around here."

"I can tell."

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, another bell rang and people started heading back to their cells. When I got to mine, there was still nobody there. Maybe I wasn't sharing a cell with someone. Good.

Around five o'clock, I was allowed a phone call. I took the phone and punched in the number I knew so well. The number I'd call almost every day. The only number I knew by heart.

"Hello?" Dave said on the other end of the line.

"Hi." I said.

"Erica! Are you okay?" He asked. I could tell he'd been worried about me.

"Kind of. Someone pushed me earlier and my wrist is hurting again." I told him.

"Who pushed you?"

"I don't know."

"I promise, I'm doing everything I can to get you out, okay? The police station isn't being very nice about all this."

"Okay. Well. . .thanks." I paused for a second. "For everything."

"No problem."

"I still don't understand why you keep helping me. I'm never going to be able to repay everything you've done for me."

"Don't worry about it, Erica. I-" He started to say something else, but stopped.

"What?" I asked.

"Never mind."

"Well, I have to go now," I told Dave. There was a timer that only allowed me to talk for a certain amount of time, and it was almost up.

"Okay, bye Erica. I'll see you soon." Dave said.

"Bye," I said. Then the timer went off and the call automatically hung up.

I was escorted back to my cell by a police officer. Once I got there, I laid down on one of the beds and stared at the ceiling.

I couldn't sleep that night. Jail beds are not the most comfortable, and being in the same building as a bunch of possible murderers and rapists doesn't help. Even if they are under tight surveillance, it's still a bit disturbing.

Morning rolled around, and I was tired after having less than a wink of sleep. When the bell rang for breakfast, I waited a minute so I wouldn't be shoved again, then left my cell and followed a distance behind everyone.

For breakfast, they had some weird egg-thing with really watery orange juice. I actually ate this time since I was hungry, and found the food tasted no better than it looked.

I would hate to be here for my entire life.

The girl that had sat with me the night before sat with me again, but neither of us spoke to each other.

The shrill bell sounded again, signaling for everyone to go back to their cells. So I went to my cell, and waited.

The day dragged on, and I stared at the ceiling for hours.

After dinner, they called me up to the front because I had a visitor. Dave. But a glass window separated us and we had to talk through the phones.

"Hey." He said. He smiled sweetly.

"Hi." I tried my best to smile back.

"They've opened the case again, and they're looking through it. I told them exactly what happened, even gave them the note that we found. Everything's looking good so far." He told me.

"That's good," I said.

"I even hired a lawyer." Dave told me. My head snapped up.

"Lawyers are expensive." I said slowly.

"Not really," Dave started to say.

"Dave, I know how much lawyers charge. Why would you do that for me?" I asked, staring at him through the glass.

He looked down, then played with his hands. "Because." Was all he said.

After Dave and I finished talking, I was 'escorted' back to my room. I laid down on the hard, uncomfortable bed and watched the ceiling again.

I sat there for hours and hours, trying to sleep, but every time I closed my eyes they shot back open remembering my dream about Jake.

He's safe now, there's no need to worry, I kept telling myself. But part of me wouldn't believe it. Part of me knew he was still in danger.

They came for me around three in the morning. I was handed my clothes and they told me to change. They said I was free to go now, so I changed and then they took me into the lobby. Dave was waiting.

"Erica!" He said, a small smile appeared on his face. He stood up and hugged me.

"What's going on? Did you get them to let me go?" I asked. Dave didn't reply. He just nodded and hugged me tighter; I hugged him back.

"Come on, Erica, let's go to the car. I need to talk to you about something." He said. He grabbed my arm and pulled me out to his big truck. Once we got in, he took a deep breath and sighed.

Something was bothering him again.

"Dave, what's wrong?" I asked urgently. Was he mad? What was bothering him, and why wouldn't he tell me? Dave used to tell me everything.

Dave took a deep breath, then shook his head. "I just wanted to say I'm glad they let you out."

"Is that it?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

"Yeah. That's it." He said without looking at me. He put the key in the ignition and was about to turn it when I reached over, took the key out, and stuffed it in my pocket.

"Tell me what's bothering you." I said.

"Nothing important." He said. "Can I have the key back?"

"It's important to me." I told him. He took a deep breath in then breathed out slowly. He didn't say anything.

I handed him back the keys, and we drove out of the parking lot.

He would tell me eventually. But right now I just wanted to go home

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

My Protectors By M

Teen Fiction

2.5K 85 35
What would you do if someone wanted to kill you? Make you suffer? I have my protectors to help me..... but nothing goes right. At the end, we all suf...
10.9K 157 21
Completed. What would you do if your family got murdered and you had to go into the Witness Protection Program?
148 50 25
If the reason you were alive was threatened, what would you do to save it? If the person who kept you alive was forced to leave, what would you do to...
56.3K 2.4K 26
What would you do if your mom was murdered , your dad betrayed you , the baby you never meant to have was in danger of getting killed and the only pe...