Asher's Heart

Galing kay rhxpsodicxlly

Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It su... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Acknowledgments | Character Interview
Update
Extra #1
Extra #2
Cast

Chapter 17

37.3K 1.7K 240
Galing kay rhxpsodicxlly

"Bye Nora!" I said as I made my way to the entrance after my baking lessons and helping her in return.

I wasn't looking where I was going so naturally I ran into someone. Thankfully I didn't fall. Neither did the person I ran into.

"I am sorry," I started apologizing.

"Ellie, is that you?" a familiar voice said with a tint of surprise.

I looked up to meet with blue eyes behind red spectacles.

"Megan?" I said equally surprised.

"Hi," I smiled at her. It was really unexpected to run into her here. Nobody from school came here. It made it easier for me to help Nora. You know with them knowing and sticking their noses in and making it an entire different story.

Also I hadn't talked to Megan for weeks. She seemed to be avoiding me or she was just too busy to even say hi.

"Hi," she said. "I didn't expect you to be here," she remarked.

"I help here," I said and gestured at Nora who was taking orders from a couple a few tables away.

Megan looked and nodded slowly.

"Helping your mom," she said pushing her glasses up her nose.

I let out a short laugh.

"Oh no, she is not my mom," I said although I wish it was true.

"I help her in return of baking lessons," I explained.

"Okay. If you say so. She is too young to be your mom anyway," she said.

"Do you want to hang out for a bit?" I asked just because I missed her.

She looked uncomfortable then she said.

"I am sorry I can't today," she declined.

My face fell.

Seriously what was up with her?

"Maybe we could just grab a drink?" I tried again. My doubts about her avoiding me were getting bigger.

"I just realized I have some work to do," she lied.

"But you just came here," I pointed out, frowning.

"See you later Ellie," she waved and rushed out, completely ignoring me.

My doubts just became reality.

****

I was sitting in my biology class completely immersed in doodling on my notebook while waiting for the teacher to enter.

I huffed. Even my doodles were pathetic. I was definitely going to fail arts.

I was so immersed in rubbing the doodles angrily that I didn't give any attention to the sudden commotion in class. After I was done I finally looked up. I furrowed my brows at the people staring me. They were whispering to each other.

As I realized what was actually happening my heart started beating faster.

They weren't staring at me. They were staring behind me.

He was here.

After more than two weeks later he was back.

I was holding the eraser too tight. I dropped it on my table and started to turn back.

I recognize his chocolate brown hair instantly. He was staring at his book ignoring all the other stares. After being such a famous celebrity I didn't think he would feel uncomfortable being stared at. I thought he would have gotten used to it by now. I thought wrong.

I started to say something when Mr. Gampp entered the class. Asher looked up and for a tiniest moment his blue eyes met mine. Then he stared straight ahead.

I didn't turn back. I just stared at his face trying to find answers to all my questions. Of course I couldn't read a single thing. His face was as blank as an unused canvas.

His eyes fell back to me and he rolled them. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look ahead. I muttered a curse under my breath and rubbed my jaw.

I heard him snicker behind me.

After the class ended I dashed out the room in hopes of catching Asher before he disappeared again.

"Hey! Asher, wait up!" I called, gaining weird looks from people in the hallway.

He kept walking so I started running to catch up with him. It was unlike me to do something like that. Chasing boys. But it was needed.

He turned back at the last moment and I skidded to a halt, almost crashing into his chest. I looked up at him. I didn't realize I had my hands planted on his chest until he held my wrists and lowered them to my sides.

My blushing disease made me blush.

"What do you want?" he asked.

It would have been so easy if he actually gave me what I asked.

"I want to talk," I said.

He grimaced.

I was very aware of his hands still holding my wrist at my sides.

"Talk," he said.

I looked around and bingo. People were staring. I wondered what it would do to all the threats I was still getting. Being seen like this with Asher would probably increase them many folds.

"Can we talk somewhere else?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't have time," he said curtly.

I freed my hands and glared at him.

"What is so important that you don't have a few minutes to talk?" I bit out.

"Let me think," he said and pretended to think. "Sleep," he said, turned around and started walking away.

I rolled my eyes and matched paces with him.

I didn't say anything else until we were in the parking lot.

"Asher," I said.

"Stop annoying me," he grumbled and went to his car.

I followed.

I hated doing this. I really did. It was undignifying on so many levels. I shoved my dignity up my ass and stopped him.

He sighed and leaned on the hood of his car.

"You know if you act like this people will call you obsessed," he commented.

I really didn't care what people said.

"Are you done running away?" I asked.

He raised one eyebrow.

"Well you didn't leave much of a choice," he said.

"That's not what I mea—" I started but he cut me off.

"I know what you meant," he snapped.

He stood up and came to stand in front of me, our faces inches apart. I could clearly see dark blue specks scattered in his eyes.

"I don't know why you are so interested in knowing what doesn't concern you," he said lowly.

"If it involves you it concerns me," I said boldly.

That took him off guard just as much as it did me.

"See that's where you are wrong. Nothing I do should concern you in any way," he said taking a step back.

I frowned.

"We are just neighbors. Neighbors do not meddle in each others lives. And I would prefer if you don't meddle in mine," he said.

That hurt more than it should. I felt my throat closing up on me. That's what I was for him. Just a neighbor. We've practically known each other our whole lives. I thought that counted for something.

I clenched my fists.

"You know what? I am done," I spat. "I give up. Mr. Asher McArdle you won't have any inconvenience on my behalf from now on. I will stay away from you and your awesome life," I said.

I didn't wait to listen what he said instead I turned around and walked to my car and got in. Only then I let tears fall from my eyes.

📚📚📚📚
Hey awesome people!!!
How are you all?
Do you like this short chapter? Yes? 😁No? 😢
Please vote and comment and share.

Random question - Who is your favorite author?

Bye!
-K

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.2K 36 22
"Dear Crush, I exist... and trust me or not, but no one else in this whole world can love you the way I do..." He fell in love for the first time in...
1.1M 14.3K 33
Allison is 16 years old. She lives with her mom and older brother Alex who is 17. What happens when she goes to a party and gets in a fight with her...
483 74 20
Why universe why?? Or Nikki here. "You don't, again, mean him right?" "Yes, I do." She smirks. Fine. What? She is not gonna back away anyways. Tru...
3.9M 115K 59
* * * Lauren Collins is a good girl. She's responsible and shy but has a tight knit group of friends, excellent grades, and is dating Thomas Clark, a...