The Dead World I Live In

BlackRose54 द्वारा

1: Ava Barns believes she is the last human left alive in a world full of zombies. She knows the cure, but ho... अधिक

The Dead World I Live In (Prologue)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 1)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 2)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 3)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 4)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 5)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 6)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 7)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 8)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 9)
The Dead World I Live In (Chapter 10)
Authors SOS
The Dead I Live With (Prologue)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 1)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 2)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 3)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 4)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 5)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 6)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 7)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 8)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 9)
The Dead I Live With (Chase's Chapter 1)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 10)
The Dead I Live With (Chase's Chapter 2)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 11)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 12)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 13)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 14)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 15)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 16)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 17)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 18)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 19)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 20)
The Dead I Live With (Chapter 21)
The Dead I Give Life To (Prologue)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 1)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 2)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 3)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 4)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 5)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 7)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 8)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 9)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 10)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 11)
The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 12)

The Dead I Give Life To (Chapter 6)

917 15 4
BlackRose54 द्वारा

When I woke up the following morning, the first thing I expected to happen was the overwhelming guilt to hit me like a wheelbarrow of bricks. So when I opened my eyes, and looked at Kain sleeping silently (not to mention nakedly) beside me, and the guilt didn’t hit me, I found it surprising.

I mean, not only had I just cheated on my boyfriend (who yes admittedly tried to rape me), I cheated on him with my best friends boyfriend, who also happens to be my ex. And, this was the ex who only a few days ago admitted to me that he loved me, outside of the room that contained my baby daughter who I’d only just given birth to at least 4 months early.

Wow, how complicated....

I rolled over completely to look at Kain, and once again, I felt no guilt or any regret whatsoever for last night. He was...Well....Amazing....

I stared at him beside me, and my face wrinkled into a grin. Huh, he mumbles stuff when he sleeps. I wonder if he’s having the same thoughts as me. I bet he’s not, he’s probably thinking what he’s going to eat for breakfast this morning.

I bet its cereal. He likes cereal.

“Huh..........gun.........Ava, stop that tickles.....uh uh uh I like it, more please....” Kain mumbled under his breath, still deep in sleep, and I buried my face into my pillow to cover my mouth. My whole body shook with silent giggles. Whatever I was doing in the dream he clearly liked.

Maybe it was that thing with his feet, he likes that. Or was it the other thing that I make his hands do, because he really seemed to go for that last night...

Eager to find out, I stopped myself laughing, and tried to remain still and silent to hear my lover boy reveal the rest of his sexual dreams.

“Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh....” Kain let out a really long moan, and I could see that the covers seemed to be forming a mountain... Oh god!!! I squawked in shock, and quickly covered my mouth, laughing so much I was nearly wetting my pants. I tried to keep silent though, although now my whole body was shaking uncontrollably.

“More! More, please....Ava....More.........ahhhhhhhhh” Kain seemed to relax, and I saw the mountain fold back into the duvet. I bit my lip, smiling to myself, unable to think of what to say.

I decided then I wouldn’t ever say anything. This was my thing that I had over him, so if I ever was being blackmailed by him, I would have this as leverage! Result! I would never tell him what I’d seen or heard, it would be an unforgettable moment I would take to my grave, grinning as I did so.

I was too wrapped up in my own thoughts to notice Kain had begun to stir, and I turned to look at his sexy body. Some of it (the good bit) was covered (darn), but his manly chest was exposed and I shivered in delight just looking at it.

“Morning sleepy head, are you enjoying the view?” Kain asked, mumbling slightly as he stretched his arms over his head. As they fell back down, he draped them over me, and I snuggled into him.

“Indeed, I often find the view of naked male pleasant in the mornings” I told him, and he wiggled his eyebrows comically.

“I bet you do!” Kain replied, and I giggled, closing my eyes and resting my head against his chest. He kissed my forehead, and I sighed in bliss.

“The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead”

A quote I’d read somewhere that the infamous Marilyn Monroe had said, and now I realised how true it was. I didn’t need Jesse’s lust, Chase’s ‘Love’, I needed Kain’s real love, unconditional and real and everything I’d ever needed or wanted.

I hadn’t thought much of it at the time, but now it all seemed to fit. I realised what she meant, and it was freaking wonderful. Especially Kain’s arms around me, they were wonderful, I could stay here forever...

Almost as soon as I had relaxed into him, Kain leapt out of bed, leaving me alone in the warmth. I sprawled out on the rest of the bed, not bothering to cover myself up, and I looked up at him. I put on my most suggestive face, and winked at him.

He raised his eyebrows suggestively when he saw me, making me blush and giggle.

He lent back down, and I basically launched myself at him. I wrapped my legs around him, and my tongue dove down his throat like an Olympic diver would. He grunted in pleasure, but sadly detached himself from me.

“Where are you going, darling?” I asked him, and he sniffed his armpit.

“Are you really asking me this, I smell! I blame the fifth time last night, I mean really! Woo! I’m going to go clean myself up, baby; I’ll see you for breakfast!” Kain told me, tossing me his oversized t-shirt to cover myself up with, and I caught it.

He then pulled on his pants, throwing his underwear into my wardrobe (naughty!) and leaving, but not before winking at me. Blissfully, I closed my eyes, and sank back into the bed, smelling of Kain and the dirty we did last night.

The very dirty indeed might I add.

I giggled, burying myself in the covers more. I couldn’t believe I could ever feel like this with anyone, especially not Kain. He’s lovely. I never expected this from him.

But I have doubts too. Let’s not forget that Kain and I used to rule the school as the ultimate bad power couple, until he went and kissed my Taylor Swift loving best friend. And he cheated on me with her, even if it was only just a kiss, but it still hurt me.

And now I’m doing the same thing to Paulie, which is awful because I know how bad it is to be cheated on. I hadn’t thought about any of this until now, and you know what those old zombie wives used to say:

‘Once a cheater, always a cheater’

Or as she did on iCarly:

‘Innocent until proven cheaty’

But however you want to say it, Kain and I are doing a bad thing, but to us it feels so good. We never spoke of it last night (too busy doing other things) but we know that Kain needs to end it with Paulie.

And what about Chase and my beautiful baby Nadia?

How could I ever end things with Chase? After yesterday I don’t think I’ll ever be able to look at him again, and I wouldn’t ever be able to make it okay for Nadia’s sake because he never wanted her, did he?

I need Nadia, and I need Kain, but I also need Paulie, and I don’t think I can have all three.

Everything’s changed, and in such a wonderful way it has too. Well, maybe not, considering Chase, but apart from that everything’s getting better, right?

Wrong.

After finally getting dressed, I walked down to breakfast, and joined my friends at the table. Paulie beamed brightly the moment she saw me, and that’s when the guilt set in. But the moment I saw Kain’s beaming face, I was alright again. Not fully, but some of the weight was lifted.

“Morning sugar lump, ya’ll sleep alright? I wasn’t, I was up and a-listening all night, for there were some mighty strange noises, all sorts a grunting and squealing” Paulie scratched the top of her head, perplexed.

I could feel Kain’s devious eyes on me, but I avoided them, for fear of giggling, and giving away the whole thing in front of Paulie.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not totally heartless, I would tell Paulie eventually, but only when the time is right. And over breakfast consisting of out of date tinned meat was not exactly perfect timing. My knees were touching Kain’s under the table, and I felt his fingers beginning to drum a pattern on my knees.

Just by contact made me go dizzy from Kain.... Not to mention what i saw him do and murmur about me this morning...His little Murmur Mountain..... Giggle.

One of my hands slipped under the table, and Kain began playing with my fingers in such a heavenly way that I thought I was going to start purring. I held my adulterer tongue though, and simply smiled at Paulie.

“No, sorry sweetie, I have no idea what the noise is” I lied. I jabbed a piece of her meat with my fork. “Are you gonna eat that, because I’m starving over here, and I’ve only given birth a few days ago and stuff so...?”

That’s great, greedy guts. First steal her boyfriend, and then steal her meat. What a wonderful best friend I am!

“Sure, help yourself. My, when are we going to see that sweetie pie chick of a baby you got hoarded up? I been knitting it a little hat, it’ll look cuter than a squirrel surrounded by pink poodles!” Paulie chortled to herself.

I am becoming increasingly more worried about Paulie, and more to the point, worried about what she refers to as cute.

But not worried enough to stop sleeping with her boyfriend, the voice in the back of my mind said. As true as that was, I ignored myself and continued to let Kain stroke my fingers under the table.

We continued in idle talk for about 10 minutes, until everybody suddenly became very quiet, and so we became silent too. I saw Stark and Mabel enter the room, and Stark looked at me with a serious look on his face.

He directed Mabel over to me, and she came and sat beside me, twiddling her thumbs in her lap. I played with her hair to try and sooth her with my free hand. Stark went and stood on top of the table, and all eyes in the room followed me.

“What you must all remember is remain calm. We have a herd of zombies, a large herd, approaching the base, and we are running low on bullets. We will therefore have to find new ways to dispose of the undead, using more than bullets”

Stark continued to talk about how we would only fight if they got into the base, that we would take out the more serious threat zombies with bullets, and that we should not panic, that everything is under control. We didn’t panic, we all remained calm.

The whole room was silent as we listened to Stark.

Until the first window bust, an undead hand reached from it.

Vicious snarling came from outside the window, and suddenly more windows burst, causing more hands to burst through. They desperately tried to grab onto us, but we all hurriedly moved into the centre of the room.

Paulie was the first to scream, and when she did, everyone else began panicking too. Screams echoed throughout the halls, making the snarling louder. I pulled my penknife out of my back pocket, and flicked the blade, arming myself. I linked my arm through Paulie’s, a finger to my lips silencing her, and I moved her away from the window.

I looked to Kain, and he had his gun, so he’d be alright.

Or so I hoped.

 Stark was frantically shouting orders, Mabel was crying, not being able to find her dad and generally being scared, so I released Paulie (still keeping my eye on her though) and picked up Mabel in a fire mans lift.

I hurried over to Stark, knife at the ready if need be, and dropped Mable near him. He thrust a gun into my hands, a big gun, and told me to protect myself. I nodded, and grabbed Paulie’s hand, dragging her away.

We hurried through the halls, and by now, there were more zombies in the compound, as I could hear their heavy footsteps and blood thirsty howls from here. I swallowed my fear, and I wondered how I was supposed to get everyone out.

Nadia- how would I get Nadia out, how would I get to my baby?

She was still in the glass incubator thing that Chase had set up- Chase, where was he? Maybe he’d go for Nadia? That’s ridiculous, why go back for a child you didn’t even want?

Blood bonds didn’t matter to Chase anymore, nor did love.

Paulie and I kept running, and I could hear her whimpering beside me. She was panting badly now, and I knew she wouldn’t be able to keep running forever. I kept going though, until we could stop somewhere with more than one exit.

Paulie suddenly stopped, and I checked the exits. Since there was only one, I scooped Paulie up and ran a bit more, until I was satisfied we were safe and in a select enough location. I dropped her on the floor, and she lay there panting beside me.

I crouched down beside her, though I remained on my feet, constantly checking everywhere around us, never keeping my eyes in the same spot for more than a minute. I checked the bullets in the gun, there was only a few there. They wouldn’t last long, so I would have to use them scarcely. My knife wouldn’t get me far either, I needed something better.

I checked the hallway, and there wasn’t much on offer. There was a tall plant pot made of terracotta, so I smashed it, and salvaged the biggest parts and fashioned them into weapons. I handed one to Paulie, who accepted it with trembling hands.

“Thanks sugar” She panted and I nodded, listening for sounds. There were some in the distance, but none too close thank god. I had no idea how many zombies were in the building, or how many were dead, or infected, but I had to stay alive.

Though to be honest I was uncertain if I could actually die.

“Ava, if we’re swimming in the shallow pool here, and if our rubber dingy goes under, I need to tell you that I-!” Paulie begins, but I interrupted her.

“Don’t talk like that; we’re going to get out of this!”

“Ava, lord knows how I really feel about you, but I think you’ve gone more cuckoo than a clock! There’s nowhere to go! We’re trapped here, and if we leave this place, the world outside will eat us up alive! There’s nowhere left to go!” Paulie wails in anguish, and I clamp a hand over her mouth, terrified that something’s heard us.

“We are going to get out of this. We don’t have many bullets, no, but we have each other, my blood, and broken pieces of a terracotta plant pot. We’re gonna make it out ok?”

Paulie nods, my hand still over her mouth. She’s looking at me with eyes I’ve never seen before, something there that’s hopeful, terrified, and willing. Slowly, I removed my hand from her mouth, but she keeps her gaze transfixed on me.

“I love you”

Jesse certainly didn’t see that one coming.

Then again, neither did I, or anybody for that matter.

Before I can say anything, Paulie brings her mouth to mine, and kisses me. I don’t stop her; I let her tangle her hands in my hair and explore my mouth. Instead, I pull her body closer to me, so we’re pressed together, and I kiss her back stronger.

She releases me for air, but keeps our bodies pressed together. My heart rate is accelerated, and I don’t know why. I hate my heart. I supposedly love Kain, but then I’m kissing his girlfriend, who also happens to be my best friend, who I cheated on with her boyfriend which is Kain...

We should just have a threesome; it would just solve so many problems.

Then again, it’s probably just the adrenaline pumping through my body that’s making me feel like this. How fear can be lust though I don’t know.

I continue staring at her, panting in a way so sexual I fear the tension between us will crack like ice. A chorus of low, grumbly growls interrupts us, and I hear them coming for us. Along the other end of the corridor, a group of zombies are stood there, ligaments hanging off, and grotesque faces growling.

There is one in the middle, his head broke off and hanging to the right side, one eye missing and blood pouring down his face, his hands outstretched like claws. He is by far the most decent looking, as the one on the left side of him has all of his chest ripped open, and is being picked at by the rest.

He’s looking at us hungrily though.

Slowly, Paulie and I rise to our feet, making no sudden movements. Any sudden movements and we are as good as dead, more so than we are already.

“Don’t make a sound” I whisper, so it’s barely audible “Go to my room, lock the door, arm yourself with the gun form my wardrobe. I’ll knock 3 times to be let in. Don’t answer to anyone else; nobody else. I’ll get Nadia. Run left, I’ll go right and take the herd with me. Run on the count of three.”

Paulie’s eyes are begging me no, but I know if I do this she might have a chance.

“One...Two...Three!” I yell three, and Paulie dashes left. I go left, and the zombies begin charging, running towards me with gangly legs and arms dragging behind like a child’s plaything. Paulie is already out of sight, but I grab some smaller terracotta pieces and throw them at the zombies, just so I’ve definitely got their attention.

They growl, and limp after me, running surprisingly fast for rotting corpses. I run quite fast though, so I am always in front of them. I turn around and fire a few bullets, causing some of the herd to fall to the floor, dead, making a few others stumble over them.

I can’t keep running, as the corridor is leading to a dead end. There is a toilet door ahead of me and I run in, slamming the door behind me. I rip the whole sink until up, and prop it against the door, hoping for it to be a decent barricade.

Panicking, I grab another sink, and drag it into a toilet with me, locking the door behind me and propping the sink up against the door. I collapse onto the toilet, and push the sink onto the door, steadying it with my feet.

It’s not brilliant, but it’s the best I can do, and I know that I have to try everything otherwise I’m zombie food.

I hear the door to the toilets burst open, and I hear the zombies scramble in, growling. I squeeze my eyes shut, not wanting to see my death coming upon me. They immediately began thumping on the toilet door, creating a dread drum beat on the door. My toes curl up inside my shoes as I hear them thumping away.

A desperate attempt to try and knock at least one of them out, I bang loudly on the sides of the cubicle, but this only seems to make the zombies more determined. I contemplate screaming, but I doubt it will help anyone. Hearing another loud bang, my eyes shoot open, and I look down between my legs, and see dirty dead hands reaching under the bottom of the toilet, trying to reach me.

Oh god, oh god, oh god.

Thankfully, there isn’t enough room for them to slide under and get in, but there trying like hell to. I see a forearm slip under the door, followed by a snarling head. It grabs for my ankles, which almost caused my feet to drop my sink barricade, and I cried out in fear.

Scrambling, I aimed my gun and fired, shooting the invading head dead. My breathing was short and rapid, and my chest felt like it was collapsing. I couldn’t breathe.

Shot a few more heads that appeared under the door, and soon enough I was almost out of bullets. How many others were like me, trapped with no other way of escape? I had one bullet left.

I could....

No. That wouldn’t help, would it? I have no other means of example that I know of, there may be no-one left to save me, and I know I can’t save myself.

One bullet, should I...

No. I have to live to save Nadia, I have to go for Paulie, I have to...

Get out of here, except, there is no way out. Well there is, and that way is currently in my hands being aimed at zombies. My eyes blink. I don’t have enough time to decide. I’d rather die of my own doing rather than be eaten.

Oh god, what should I do?

Who am I asking? There’s no-one here but me and the grim reaper, hovering in the air, ready to collect his next victim one way or another. Trying to steady my breathing, because I only have one shot at this, literally, I press the gun to my head, my finger on the trigger.

Should I?

**********************************************************************************

Should she?

What do we think? Should she die? Do we want to kill of our zombie slaying adulterer? How we feeling about Kain and Paulie and Nadia and Chase?

I WOULD VERY MUCH LIKE YOUR COMMENTS!!

EXPECT SHOCKS NEXT TIME!!!!! REAL BIG ONES!!!!! HUGE!!!!

Some of you may never forgive me....Mwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Vote, comment, and fan!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS A LOT!!!!

Dedicated to crazy_in_love because she is one of those awesome people that comments every chapter and that really means a lot to me!!! BrainySmurf, don't even need to say it, you know how greatful I am for your support.

Megan_horrorcrazy, would be super cool if you'd comment this chapter, if you do, I'll dedicate next chappy to ya babes!!

LOVE YOU ALL XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

84 66 30
It's been a year since the virus changed Ava and her sisters life now Ava is struggling to survive and constantly searching for her sister when Ava e...
Undead Mute Spirit_5758 द्वारा

कथेतर साहित्य

264 40 30
"You killed him!" Savanna shrieks. "I had no choice!" "Yes, you did! You didn't have to pull the trigger!" Savanna shrieks again. "He's dangerous...
56.4K 4.1K 41
It took barely over a month for the epidemic to spread across the globe. Contrary to belief, the world didn't end with a bang and neither did it go q...
1.6K 151 37
(Art by me. Took me a while to do this. So this is the new book cover :3) Humanity has always been curious creations that never learnt quickly from t...