Dark and Wild~Jikook

By Darknyx21

Having a miserable high school life was not what Jimin had in mind. He planned to stay away from any trouble... More

Note
1. Encouter
2. Decision
3. Learn Your Lesson
4. Don't Mess With Me
5. I Can't Get a Break
Note
6. A Little Adventure
8. Clueless
9. My Mistake
Delete
Note
10. Smile
11. Deceived
12. Unexpected
13. Epitome

7. Why Me?

8.2K 383 141
By Darknyx21

My dad and I sat in pure silence eating the quick breakfast I prepared for myself and the 'meal' he made me do for him. He never even thanked me for it or even bothered to glance my way. I wanted to tell him about the burglar that was lurking around our house last night but figured he wasn't having it. He left his plate on the table and went out to work without saying goodbye. I sighed in frustration, taking his plate and mine to the dish washer.

The last thing I wanted to do was miss class today, like I did yesterday for the most part, and even if I did my father would hold it against me forever. I still didn't want to go though. I attempted to dress myself up a bit more but the result was probably the same old me. No style at all. I knew what was coming today and I would like to think I was prepared for it but deep down I knew I wasn't, not even a little bit.

I took my bag and walked over to the bus stop. I wasn't allowed to have a car because according to my dad, I didn't deserve it and it looks like I'll never get the chance to have one anytime soon. My goal was to finish high school and move out as soon as possible. To get as far as I could from my 'family' and attend a faraway university. He actually thought I only got in because of my grades, but it was more than that. The school actually had a good performing arts program, and I was into dancing. That's how much he cared that he didn't even know my interests. The bus took a long time to arrive because of rush hour in the morning. I was always prepared for it, being tardy wasn't my style.

Out in the field in front of the school, friends and classmates gathered together, chatting away and playing around. Inside the school, I slithered through the crowded hallway avoiding people as much as I could. I made my way to Ms. Kwon, the school's nurse, successfully. As soon as she saw me, she welcomed me with a big smile. Once I was seated, Ms. Kwon bombarded me with questions, like 'how was my ankle?' And 'if I was doing okay?' Her concern was much appreciated by me, even if it was her job to do so. I took that time to explain to her my situation. I told her that although I wasn't dismissed home, my ankle was still hurting after I woke up and took the medicine she gave me, so I left home and missed all my lessons.

Even if most of it was a lie, she didn't have to know that. Luckily for me, she believed everything I said and even stated that she was worried the whole day after she left me to rest, wondering if my ankle got better after the short nap I had. I assured her that I was doing much better after I woke up but that I was still in pain, which was the reason why I couldn't stay in school and left. With that, Ms. Kwon wrote a note for me, backing up what I said, to show all my teachers as an excuse for my absence yesterday. After signing the paper and handing it to me, she wished me the best and told me that if I needed anything, she was here for me. I smiled and bowed before leaving.

I made my way over to my Geometry class as fast as I could, considering that the infirmary was a good distance from it and I was already running late. Mr. Choi was already taking the attendance when I opened the door. He called my name the second I walked in. The whole class sniggered when he said that I barely made it before he was about to make me kneel outside the classroom with my arms raised high over my head as punishment, until the end of the class. I sincerely apologized and vowed that it was never happening again. Disregarding my apology, he gestured me with his head to go on and sit.

Making my way to the back of the room, the girl from yesterday watched my every move attentively. I could see her from my peripheral view. She still had that smug on her face, but didn't dared to make direct eye contact with me. It was only her and one of her friends, probably why she didn't do anything...until she took her leg out from under her desk, placing it in my way just before I walked past her, almost tripping me. Wow, I spoke too soon. Almost had me there.

It was too bad for her that I was also on the lookout for any little tricks that she had in store for me, and the fact that she missed made her expression darken and mine brighten.

I took a seat right in front of Jungkook's throne; I might as well call it that since he was so keen to only wanting that chair, and put my belongings down. I had no idea if the seat I took belonged to some other student that was absent today, but it was either this one or the devil's chair. I know that Mr. Choi said that Jungkook never made it to class, most likely because it was early, and no one likes math, especially first thing in the morning. Can't blame him.

To my surprise, the period ended quick. Perhaps because it was peaceful, even if the hyenas were killing me deep down inside. If looks could kill, I'd be dead...probably wiped off the face of the Earth.

Unfortunately for me, my luck didn't last long. Once I was out in the hallway on my way to my other class that I haven't been to, the pack of hyenas and a group of guys, none I recognized, started name calling me and slamming me from person to person until one moved back and I lost my balance, landing face down on the slippery floor. They all laughed, while other students stared at the commotion and some just kept walking by, ignoring the whole thing. The name musty was brought up again and the main bitch of the group, which I still didn't know her name, told them all about yesterday.

"Look, look. He's glaring at us again. That's all he does." She pointed at me, and I almost wanted to snatch her hand to break it. But I was too much of a coward to stand up for myself.

The bell rang, making me late for my next class but the bullies weren't going anywhere. A tall guy came forward and went down to match my eye level, giving me a cold glare.

"I like weaklings. We're gonna have some fun with you later." He grinned and I swear it was like those evil grins you see in cartoons. He must've been the head of the group, they always tend to stand out more. The leader of the hyenas intertwined her arm around his and I looked up at both of them, understanding the situation. He was the alpha male and she was the alpha female. Their height difference was pretty remarkable though. If I saw them out in the streets and didn't know them, I would've probably smiled at their cute height difference. But looks can be deceiving, 'cause they're bitches.

I had to run to my class after they finally left. Not only did I missed this class yesterday but today I was running late. What a treat.

-

Taehyung sat with me outside the school patio during lunch. We discussed the project we had for science, since today Ms. Kim showed us examples of previous projects students have done. Yoongi wasn't in today, 'cause apparently he had a show to attend today. I actually just found out that he's an underground rapper. He's doing that and composing music here at school, while he goes to underground rap battles and whatnot. I never thought I'd have such a cool friends until today.

"Taetae." I nudged Taehyung as he was going through the handout of the project.

"Hmm?" He didn't take his eyes off the papers.

"If Yoongi-hyung is doing rap and composing, what are you doing? Are you in the performing arts program too?."

"Ah. Yeah I am. I'm actually a saxophonist. I always wanted to learn how to play the saxophone since I was little." He grinned from ear to ear.

"You seem to enjoy what you're doing." I ruffled his hair. He's just so cute.

"Mhmm. I do. I'm in symphonic band."

"Symphonic?"

"Yeah, or concert band. Whatever you wanna call it," he shrugged.

"How come I never see you with your saxophone, like I see some students walking around holding their instrument cases?" I took a bite off the chicken wrapper I had in my hand.

"I don't have to unless there's a concert and I need to practice for it. But other than that, I don't." He looked at me this time, "we actually just leave it in our band room, you know? Plus the case is too heavy."

I nodded.

"And you Jimin-ah? What're you here for?" he asked, eager to know.

"I dance," I said, and Taehyung gasped in pure shock.

"You mean, you dance?" I just nodded, holding in my laughter because of his expression just now. "Who's your dance teacher?" He was now too interested to know. He even held my hand tightly and looked at me straight in the eyes.

"A-are you okay, Tae?"

"Huh?" he looks down at our hands. "Oh, sorry about that." He immediately looked away in embarrassment. I tried to turn him around but he held his place.

"Do you want to join and study dancing instead?" I asked in pure wonder, as to why he gave me such a reaction when I said that I'm a dancer.

He still looked pretty tensed when he finally turned, but this time he didn't look at me. "I do. It sounds like fun. I admire good dancers, and the way their bodies move to the beat of the music. But...that's not for me. I'll just admire it from afar"

"Oh c'mon, don't be like that. You can join if you want to. You'll be a saxophonist and a dancer" I smiled at him widely, encouraging him to at least give it a try.

"But I'm already super busy with all the band stuff and to come to practice for that and band? I don't think I have the time." He pouted slightly.

"At least come with me today, I'm sure they'll let you in. Do you have a free period?" He shook his head. "Okay...then how about we go now before lunch ends, since that's my next class anyway. Yeah?" I didn't give him time to answer as I took his hand and pulled him up. Before we left, I took all our trash and threw it in the bin. "Okay. Let's go."

All the music rooms were in the other direction of the cafeteria and on the lower floors. Band rooms had soundproof walls and they were all down in the basement. The basement also had piano lab and music theory. On the first floor where the dance room was, the choirs were also here. Because of the loud music, even if all the rooms were soundproof, the dance room was all the way in the back, far from the rest. If there was one thing I checked out when I came to this school, it was the dance room but I never got to go in.

Taehyung was still hesitating and pulling my arm to let go of him as I walked him to the music section of the school. I knew very well that all he needed was a little push, because deep down he did wanted to come.

When we arrived, I looked through the glass window and saw a few students, stretching and talking to each other. I put my hand on the doorknob but Taehyung pulled me back. Now he was more nervous.

"Tae, no one will bite you. Plus, class hasn't started yet." His reaction was making me laugh because he looked like a cute little kid. He gulped and nodded, letting me know that it was okay to enter, now that he felt more confident.

When I opened the door, the room turned out to be bigger than I expected. Bright lights from the ceiling illuminated the whole place, even when it was bright outside. Through the big mirror all along the long wall, some of the students that were stretching, looked at us. Whether they've seen me or not, a few looked surprised that I was here. Taehyung hadn't walked in yet, so I gestured him with my head to come in and stop hiding. A middle aged man, I figured he was our instructor, walked over to us with a friendly smile.

"Hello, hello. Are you new here?" He only spoke to me, immediately knowing who was the new student and who wasn't. I guess he knew Taehyung since he did say he liked dancing. Taehyung probably came from time to time to watch them practice.

"Yes, sir. I was supposed to come in yesterday but," I searched my bag for the letter Ms. Kwon wrote for me earlier, finally finding it and handing it to the dance teacher. The note was already signed by my other teachers, he and one more were the only ones left. All I had to do after that was hand it in to the main office. The instructor read it and looked up.

"I see. Well that's unfortunate. I won't push you to dance today or anything but you can join when I teach new steps, if you can handle them with your bad ankle." He passed me the note after signing it.

"Sure, I can do that. My ankle is much better now but I'll be careful."

He nodded understandingly.

"My friend here came to watch and I told him that he can join if he wants to. He's in the band so," I turned my head to look at Taehyung and he had this look on his face, pure disbelief as I took his hand and pulled him to the front.

"Oh sure. Anyone is welcomed, even if you can't dance. My son can actually work with him just for today, to see if he likes it," he looks at Taehyung, "how does that sound? I always see you around the dance room but you never walk in." The instructor smiled. He turned his back to us, and called a guy that looked about our age. He was sitting down next to a sport bag, using his phone.

Taehyung immediately left the room when the instructor called the guy, I think he said it was his son. I almost went after him but both the instructor and the guy were now in front of me, confused just as I was.

"What happened? Did I say something wrong?" the instructor asked, more to himself.

"I'm not sure what's going on either. I didn't know he was this shy. I'm sorry about this, Mr...?"

"Oh, where are my manners? I'm your dance instructor, Mr. Jung and this one here," he points both hands to the guy next to him, "he's my son, Jung Hoseok. He doesn't go to this school but he comes to help when he can."

I bowed politely at Mr. Jung and shook his son's hand. Hoseok smiled and put his arm around my neck, taking me back to where he was sitting. I looked back at his father, and he smiled back at me because of the confused look I had on my face.

"What's your name? My, you're so cute with those chubby cheeks. I bet you look better with those ugly glasses off." I didn't have time to snatch his hand away when he reached for my glasses, taking them off. I never liked taking my glasses off in public. "Aw how cute," he pulled on my cheeks. "You have to be younger than me."

I didn't want to be rude but he was invading my personal space. This is all so new to me. "Hey! Give them back to me."

"Don't be rude to your hyung," he was still smiling, playfully nudging me.

"How do you know I'm not your hyung?"

"Hard to believe. There's no way that you're my hyung. I was born in 1994."

Oh...

"Well? Are you my cute dongsaeng or what?" He pulled me down and sat next to me, ruffling my hair. I just nodded, in shame. He laughed.

"See? I told you." He moved his bag out of the way to the other side and got comfortable; as comfortable as you can, against the wall. "Here you go. But just know you're really cute without them. Face full of cheeks." He gives me my glasses and I put them back on with no hesitation.

I pouted, wary of his compliments because of the simple fact that no one was this nice to me. Well there was Taehyung but even in nice standards, this hyung was too nice and clingy. He was smiling and I smiled back, which was almost fake.

"You never told me your name"

"My bad. I'm Park Jimin...born in 1995" I coughed, still embarrassed.

"Aw your face is all red." He takes out one of his earbuds and gives it to me. "Let's listen to music Jimin-shi. I wanna see what you got later on." From my peripheral view, I see him face me. I turned my head and he smiled at me.

"Okay hyung, but when my ankle gets better." He hummed in agreement.

-

"YO MUSTY!" I heard someone shout and I knew it was to me. The voice sounded deep and remembering the pack of wolves I met earlier, I picked up my pace.

I was having such a good day so far. I managed to avoid the hyena pack and even Jungkook, but I didn't see him all day, not even with his friends either. And to my luck, cause I'm such a lucky person, as soon as I got out of school, the other pack finds me.

"If you run away, you'll only make it worse!" He was now tailing me, with the others parting away and positioning themselves in a circle, like ambush predators about to strike their prey. I didn't stop, and I missed my bus home that was at the bus stop, heading the opposite way. I didn't want them to know where I lived or the ways on how to get there.

Outnumbered, I tried my best to escape, even if I had to go inside a store, just anything to get them off of me. Just as I was about to turn the corner, a hand slammed me down on the concrete. I didn't even had time to ponder how in the world this one got ahead of me when I thought all of them were tailing behind me, as the leader of the pack was upon me. He picked me up and punched me in my abdomen, knocking the air out. I was on my knees holding my stomach, whimpering.

"See? I told you that running away would only make it worse." He signaled the others to kick me, avoiding my face. They were smart to do that. No evidence on my face, meant that no one will know that I got beaten up.

I cried out in pain, begging them to stop but they kept going. The leader would spit on me whenever I cried out for help. I thought I was going to die like this, when he told the others to stop and that it was enough.

"Remember this, you disgusting piece of shit. You tell anyone about this and I swear to god the little friend you was hanging out with all day today, will get it much worse." I immediately thought of Taehyung. And the tears came out even more, remember what Yoongi-hyung told me before that Taehyung used to get bullied too.

Not Taetae, he doesn't deserve this. He's finally free from all this...agony.

They all spat on me and kicked me before they left, leaving me there in so much pain that I couldn't move a muscle. I wanted to call Taehyung, now that we exchanged our contact information but even moving my arm was impossible. My tears got mixed with the pouring rain that started to fall. I lied there on the hard concrete, crying my eyes out from not just the agonizing pain I was feeling but everything that was resurfacing from the deepest parts of my heart. Everything I was hiding. All the pain.

Why me?  Why is the world against? I shouldn't even exist...

Yeah... there's going to be a lot of angsty moments but later on there will be a lot of fluffy moments and even smut ;) for those that are looking forward to that. I think this will be a long book.

Anyway, one more chapter for today! Thank you so much for taking the time to read it <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 371 14
A nerd and a jock. What happens when the line between friends and lovers is crossed? Jimin is a university student tormented by his inappropriate fe...
476K 37.6K 78
"A little game won't hurt... Right?" Jeon Jungkook is a struggling Twenty-One year old college student who tries his best to work hard and...
65.4K 3.2K 46
Jimin is a new student who have move from America to Korea (Busan) at another school called Tecna High to continue his studies. Jimin is known to hav...