My Life With My Best Friend's...

由 LovelyLoopyKari

Perfect. That's what Nora thought of her life at this moment. She was dating the lead singer of a famous boy... 更多

My Life With My Best Friend's Brother
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 10

38.8K 866 65
由 LovelyLoopyKari

My flight arrived and I boarded the plane. I was sad that I had to leave this way but I was also happy that Asher didn’t come after me. I mean I wanted him to stop me, to save me from leaving but I was glad because I need some time to be alone.

I fell asleep as soon as we took off and was awoken by the stewardess when the plane landed. I was still groggy as I made my way to baggage claim. I waited as the luggage rotated on the belt. It was nearly two in the morning and the airport was busier than it should have been. I sighed and grabbed my bag as soon as it came around.

I made my way outside where there was a line of taxi's waiting to take people. A guy came over and took my bag and placed it in his trunk.

“Thank you.” I nodded and hopped into the back. He got in as well and started up the car.

“Where to Ms?” He asked.

I gave him my parents address and he hit the meter and began driving.

We pulled up to the house around four and my dad was waiting on the steps. I paid the driver and thanked him again. My father smiled slightly as a greeting and helped with my bag.

"Hey baby, safe flight?" He asked with a one armed hug.

"Yeah dad." I nodded, "I'm tired though."

"I'll bet." he chuckled, "come on then your mother made you breakfast."

I followed him inside and was greeted by the smell of fresh cinnamon rolls and a squeal of delight. "My baby!" My mom threw her arms around me, "you alright? Hunter told us what happened.”

“I’m fine.” I smiled and inhaled the scent again, “but I’m hungry.”

“You’re just in time, I just took them out of the oven.” She lead me into the kitchen and my dad set down my bag by the stairs. The smell overwhelmed me as I sat at the table, “So what’s the plan now then?” She asked bring the plate over.

“I’m going to go off on vacation so where.” I shrugged, “I’m not sure where yet but I need to just think some things thru.” I pulled apart the roll and was greeted with a warm steam.

“Might I suggest the beach.” My mother smiled, “Your father and I just got back from there not even a week ago, you might enjoy it.”

“Yeah. Maybe.” I smiled and ate the rest in peace. After I finished my mother shooed me off to bed.  

“You look dead on your feet, go get some sleep because Daniel will be awake in a few hours and then nobody will rest.” She grinned.

I smiled, “He still practices the drums as loud as he can?”

“He’s got some rhythm to it but it’s mostly noise, plus Hunter gave him one of his old guitars so he likes to play that too.” My dad rolled his eyes.

“Sounds enjoyable.” I laughed, “Well I better get a few hours in before he starts then shall I?”

“Night sweety.” They responded together as I drug my bag up the stairs. My room was the same as when I last left, of course there was a few more boxes and storage stuff that my parents put in here but other than that it was practically the same room as I had when I was a teenager.

By the time I was all ready and in bed it was nearly five thirty. I turned my phone on and sighed as I waited for it to boot up. My heart flutter in my chest as the missed calls and text began popping up, the only one that did was Asher’s name. I had nearly a hundred missed calls and about a billion text messages. I closed my eyes as his words rang in my ears. He was happy we broke up so he didn’t have to marry me. He was glad so he didn’t have to be miserable.

But was I in the wrong? Sure I might have jumped to conclusion and I was going to apologize but things got out of hand. He made it into a fight, he told me that it wasn’t the same thing, that I didn’t trust him. It was exactly like before, he didn’t trust me. I didn’t get mad over it, sure I was pissed but I NEVER called him a horrible name or even told him I was glad we broke up. What he did was unforgivable…

Who I am kidding? The second I stare into his eyes, hear his voice, or even smell him I knew I was going to forgive him. I loved him.

I threw my phone on the floor and cried myself to sleep.

“Nora?” Danny whispered in my ear, “Nora?” He sang again.

“Danny.” I groaned as I turned my ear away from his annoying voice. “Go away.”

“Do you mind if I practice?” He kept talking.

“Yeah I do.” I told him annoyed as I tried to hold onto sleep, once that was gone so was the hope of going back to sleep.

“But Hunter says I need to practice if I’m going to get any better. Please let me practice.” He whined.

“Fine.” I sighed giving up hope, this conversation had already gone on for far too long. “I don’t care anymore, I can’t get back to sleep anyway.”  

He grinned and slammed the door behind him. “Thanks Nora.”

“No problem.” I mumbled as I stretched and grabbed my phone from where I threw it last night. I had ten new calls and five texts, all from Asher. Why doesn’t he understand that I want to be alone?

I sighed and sent a text to Grace telling her to tell Asher that I wanted to be alone and that I’ll contact him when I’m ready. She must not have seen it or told him because I keep getting texts and calls. Finally after hours of him trying, he stopped.

I went downstairs where my mother was cooking dinner, “Hey, sweetie sleep well?”  

I nodded and then flinched when a loud screeching noise travel up from downstairs. My mother sighed but continued her cooking. “I told your father about making it sound proof.”

“That would cut down on the headaches.” I agreed.

She laughed, “You bet. Have you decided on a place yet?”

I shrugged, “I haven’t thought a lot about it. I think the beach seems nice.”

“The beach is perfect.” She nodded and then groaned. “Shit I burnt it.”

I shook my head, she wasn’t the best cook. Well she was, before the accident, now she burns things left and right, even though its been years since it happened. She still can’t remember anything from before but I don’t care, she’s still my mother and I love her.

“Something smells burnt.” My dad came in scrunching his nose up. I grinned as my mother’s head flashed to face him, glaring hard at him. He looked scared as he held up his hands in surrender, “I meant it smells burnt...ish.”

I snorted and then both turned to look at me. My mother held her glare and my dad shook his head his lips twitching into a smile. “Sorry.”

“Fine.” She threw her oven mitt on the counter, “You two are in charge of dinner.” She pointed to me and then him “I’m going out shopping.” She sent a wink to me as she passed and I knew that this was exactly what she wanted.

“You good?” I laughed as my dad’s face was pale.

“Yeah. I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut.” he shook his head. Something tells me that this wasn’t the first time this has happened. “What’s for dinner then?”

“I don’t know, we could make a roast?” I suggested as I made my way around the counter to check the fridge.

“Takes too long.” He grumbled and I smiled, yup he’s definitely had to do this more than once.

“Let’s order pizza.” I sighed rummaging through the fridge to come up empty.

“That’s why you're my daughter.” He grinned causing me to roll my eyes.

Now that dinner was settled I grabbed a snack but earned a swat from my dad as  he picked up the phone. I ran up the stairs and laughed. Being with family was the best medicine. I felt almost normal. Well I did until I thought about everything that has happened.

I groaned and flicked the tv on. I settled onto my bed and watched as a familiar picture filled the screen, it was a picture of the band. I quickly turned the volume up.

“...The band leads signer, Asher Hudson, going down a bad path? We’ll have the story of why his girlfriend left and what effect this has on the singer as the tour continues.....”

I rolled my eyes and turned the tv off. I needed to get away from the internet and cable.

Sorry it's not longer and that nothing really happened...

:) 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

533K 35.1K 36
Formerly known as Edge of Romance / Three times is the charm, they say. But Addy needs more like a miracle if she's to have any hope with Miguel. ***...
4M 86.5K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
2.8M 152K 55
Liam Smith is in Texas for the funeral of a fallen comrade. He proudly serves his country and would do anything for a fellow Marine. What he doesn't...
128K 4.4K 28
Tiffany Veyne is an ordinary girl (well she thinks she is). Good grades, she doesn't like school that much, but there is something she does not know...