Runaway Horse

By sparkybark17

#1 in Adventure 6/16/2015 Taylor Evans, a foster child, has been planning her runaway for a while now. Ever s... More

Runaway Horse
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
A/N

Chapter 10

16.5K 678 87
By sparkybark17

I head back to camp, and fix Beau and I some breakfast.

After I eat, I wash my face off in the brooke, and brush out my hair. I glance at my reflection in the water. I don't look great, but I don't look terrible.

I need to get Ezhno out of that barn and fast. I know when I was little, there was a town somewhere close to the farm. Maybe I can gather my stuff and take it there.

I gather as much stuff as I can fit in my backpack, and start walking towards where I think town is. But I'm not sure. I'll come back for everything else later, when I find a safe place to stay.

Beau and I meander through the forest, and despite everything, I feel peaceful and happy. 

----

About an hour and a half later, I see a building. And then another. And another. I made it to town. I climb up a nearby tree, and hang my backpack in it. But first, I grab about 100 dollars.

I head into town, Beau walking alongside me. A sign says "Welcome to Oakville."

This town has changed over the past 10 years, but I recognize it.

I see a pet/tack shop, and walk inside. I head over to the equine section, and look around. I probably won't buy anything, because everything I need for Ezhno, I can steal from the barn.

"You have a horse?" a husky voice asks from behind me. I jump, startled. "I'm Carter, by the way."

I turn around and see a guy who looks about two years older than me. So he's probably 18. Let's just say, he wasn't bad to look at. But I don't have time for frivolous things like boys.

"Yes. NO!" I reply, and then sigh. "Ugh, sort of."

"How do you sort of have a horse," he questions, chuckling under his breath.

"It's complicated," I snap. "What about you?"

"I have a couple horses. I mostly ride a Tennessee walker named Chester. But I really love this Pony of the Americas I got when I was 8. He's too small for me to ride now, but I could never sell him," he replies.

"What's he look like," I suspiciously ask.

"He's black, with a white star on his forehead. His name is Charcoal."

I gasp, and take a step back. "I-- I have to go," I stutter. "It was nice to meet you."

"Hey, what's your name," he calls out as I walk away.

"Taylor," I yell, before leaving the store.

A/N Sorry for the extremely late update. I've been über busy with school, and feeling uninspired. But I'm going to start writing more. School has just been crazy. It's homecoming week and for some reason this makes the teachers think "oh yes, this is the PERFECT time to give all the major tests and quizzes. Oh and let's give them five billion homework assignments. =D YAAAY" bleh.

Author's Feedback to Past Self: Even at 12 years old, past-me, you should have known never to talk to strange men in strange places. Even if they are cute. So why did you make your main character do it? Most serial killers are nice looking! Also "You have a horse"

What a line, Carter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.3K 412 19
Blake's family is far from normal. Her father is a billionaire, and her mother makes tons of money with her photography business. They own a big hous...
396K 20.1K 44
Taylor Evans is in the run yet again, leaving behind the boy she came to love, along with her dog. Not to mention her sense of security. When she c...
6.7K 440 14
Mackenzie Dawson is afraid to trust. Her parents died when she was ten and she has been in and out of foster homes and an orphanage ever since. All...
731 37 38
Original Content in 2015. Revise and edit in 2021. Most original context will still be here. Summary for Caroline's story: Caroline is a farm girl wh...