Prayer

By Naynageo

Slow updates / To anyone who reads this book, please be advised that some contents in the book can be trigge... More

Hey everyone!
Chap: 1
Chap: 2
Chap: 3
Author's note
Chap: 4
Chap: 5
Chap: 6
Chap: 7
Chap: 8
Chap: 9
Chap: 10
Chap: 11
Chap: 12
MUST read chapter 12
Chap: 13
Chap: 14
Chap: 16
Chap: 17
Chap: 18
Part 2 of Chap: 18
Part 3 of Chap: 18
Recap
Chap: 19
Chap: 20

Chap: 15

27 14 0
By Naynageo

~ Nothing, but trouble ~

Claire got into the check up area to give sample blood and all other testing, that needed to be done also checking up the baby's health and also who actually was the father I sighed leaning on the wall then heard the elevator door open I got in to where I had to see another patient before I left, the doors opened I walked out towards my patients room until I spotted El, sitting inside the room all by her self "El you're still here" I got inside to see a quite El playing with her crutches too busy drawing circles with them, she looked at me, I could tell she was very tired, Scarlett should be here, I'm really beginning to worry for her "do you want me to call her" she just nodded inaudible. I rang up Scarlett, again it went to voicemail, something didn't feel right, I rang again still going directly to voicemail, I had no choice now "Hi it's Aaron, El has been waiting you for long" I paused and asked how long she waited for Scarlett, an hour and a half my heart skipped a beat, I'm really beginning to worry this wasn't her at all "she waited you more than an hour and a half Scarlett, if you have something that you're busy with tell me so I could take El home on your behalf, thanks" I hang up and looked at El looking at her crutches, I wanted to ask both of them to come today for dinner but looks like one down another to go "you know what I'll take you instead of Scarlett, home, for today" she agreed then got up with her crutches supporting her weight, we got down to the parking lot of the hospital, El followed slowly, as I got her inside the car safely, we drove off, two blocks down I purposely missed the hotel "why did you skip our hotel it was" she pointed out with her fingers, I reassured her that it was fine, that she would joining me and my mum for dinner, so she didn't need to worry, not with me.

When I reached home I smiled, getting out I helped El, then we walked inside the house, where my mum looked like she just finished making dinner, the soft music of Michael Bublé played in background, when she spotted us, she excitedly greeted El, they started to laugh and talk while I was just standing there, I coughed lightly breaking the silence, both of them looked at me at the same time "mum I'll be back I need to get some gas you two have dinner I'll come back have it later" mum unexpectedly hugged me, I hugged back smiling, I waved then walked out with my keys in my hand

Stacey's pov

I can't wait to see the girls, I made so many things, for all of us, suddenly, I heard the door open, I went to the radio changing the song to one of my favourite Michael Bublé song. I heard foot steps approach as I plated up the table, I sow El just in front of my son I excitedly approached her, I'm so happy she's on crutches, she can finally move, like she wanted, I'm really happy for this girl she deserves all this commotion, I looked again at my son, I wonder where Scarlett was, he gave me that look, the same look when my other son, Alex, was pronounced dead, years ago, it was worrying but I didn't want or let that affect my good mood, embracing El in a hug, I looked as El did at him "mum I'll be back I need to get some gas you two have dinner I'll come back have it later" I just nodded, before he was about to leave, I hugged him, sometimes he scares me, because I feel, he still blames himself for Alex's death, which I always told him it wasn't, I let go, there was a feeling that he wasn't his usual self, he smiled taking his keys and walked out "he looks worried, it makes me worried" El sat slowly on the chair "you shouldn't dear, he has that affect when something is bothering him" I half lied, I hope it's something in between what I just said, I started plating up the table, putting some food into El's and my own plate, we started eating and El talked about how she had another few months left until she leaves for Australia, I smiled I'm happy she came so far.

Aaron's pov

"how you feeling" Claire sat beside me "I'm okay, I'm worried about the baby" she rubbed her stomach "what did the doctors say" she looked at me with teary eyes "I'm so scared Aaron, I can't do this" I came closer brushing her hair from her face "Claire it's okay, you can tell me anything" I put her face to rest on my chest "it's a matter of life and death" I held her face "Claire stop talking with codes" a tear fell down her face "if I give birth, there is ninety percent chance I won't make it, if I abort the child, then I'd live" she cried into my chest "Claire, come on don't say it like that" she pulled away "that's the truth Aaron, I'm just stating facts" I reached to hold her hand but she pulled away, I sighed, I haven't even eaten anything, because this was eating me alive, it was really getting to me "what now" I leaned back on my chair "I'm keeping the baby Aaron" stunned I turned my head and looked at her, I really misjudged her, and underestimated her "Aaron don't, I don't want you to apologise, I already forgave you, I'll see you in a week" she grabbed her bag and left "I'm sorry" I murmured low as water clouded my eyes "Doctor, there is someone here to see you" I turned my head to see a nurse stare at me till I responded "send them to my room tell them it won't be long" I got up and walked to my room.

(Claire's song)

Claire's pov

"That will be all for today, come back next week for the other testings" the nurse smiled holding her clip board where she wrote everything down on a piece of paper "do I need to do any ultrasound" the nurse looked at me and sat beside me rolling her eyes from side to side "in a weeks time" I just nodded "if you don't remember to get them in a week's time, the testings, you'll receive a text from the hospital, we will take care of you Claire don't worry" she rubbed my back soothing my tensions "okay" I sighed in relief "just sign here you'll be done for today" I signed the piece of paper, handing her pen back "I'll see you soon huni" I got up took my purse then waved her, she waved back. walking out the elevator I bumped in to Aaron.

"Aaron" he held me by my arms "Claire, how did the testings go" he smiled genuinely "it went good" I frowned slightly, I didn't like what the nurse said to me, I'm not planning to discuss this with him right now, I'm confused, lost, I don't know what to do, I sighed pushing against him to walk away from him "where you going" he held my hand, I miss him, but I can't, I can't do this right now "Claire talk to me" he grabbed slightly below my waist "Aaron don't you have somewhere to be" I sobbed through my words "Claire enough, you're really worrying me" I rubbed my eyes "I'm so scared" he held me in his arms and I just cried, and cried, on his hard chest "talk to me, I want to know what's going, I want to help, you have to let me help you" he held my face in his hands "when the testings came back about the baby's health" I paused biting my lip "they said, that I'd have healthy baby, that she would grow up healthy" I exhaled "you're going to have a baby girl" his eyes illuminated with happiness, I just nodded, he brought his arms again around me and hugged me tightly, sighing in relief, I closed my eyes, here comes the bad news "Aaron there's a catch" he looked into my eyes "what do you mean" I broke from his hug "can we sit somewhere please" we walked and sow two spare chairs, I sat and straightened myself out "how you feeling" he asked me "I'm okay, I'm worried about the baby" I sighed rubbing my tummy "what did the doctors say" he interrogated me, I should just fulfil his curiosity, I don't know what to do "I'm so scared Aaron, I can't do this" I blurted out, tears clouding my vision, he brushed my hair to the side "Claire it's okay, you can tell me anything" he allowed me to rest my face on his chest, I miss his heartbeat, no, I can't, but this feeling "it's a matter of life and death" I blurted accidentally, crap "Claire stop talking with codes" I felt the agitation in his voice, here goes nothing I thought "if I give birth, there is ninety percent chance I won't make it, if I abort the child, then I'd live" I put it out there for him
"Claire, come on don't say it like that" he thinks I'm just playing, I'm not, it's what the doctor said
"that's the truth Aaron, I'm just stating facts" he makes me so flustered, he always thinks of me as dumb and a joke, I loved him, I actually still do, but, I can't relive the pain again, enough is enough, I need to move on, even if everything is falling apart, mum was right, not every person lasts forever, forever doesn't last with one person, I pulled my hand before he touched it "what now" I just wanted to hit him, can't he see this is a big sacrifice, what's wrong with him, I can't take this anymore I pulled on my purse "I'm keeping the baby Aaron" he's eyes opened wide just looking at me, he understood he didn't I don't care, I need a peace of mind not his sorry's "Aaron don't, I don't want you to apologise, I already forgave you, I'll see you in a week" with that said I stood up and left.

I walked to my car, turning it on. My phone rang "hello" I answered "I got your call dear is everything okay" she asked worried "I just wanted to tell you, I can fill in the adoption papers, today if you're free to come see me" for a while I heard silence I thought she hang up on me "hello" I said, hoping she didn't "sorry dear I was just trying to find them" I sighed "can you come over to my apartment, I need to tell you something" I really hope she helps me, I need her to do this for me "yes of course dear I'll just drop in tomorrow, I can't today I have guests over" I sighed in relief " tomorrow is fantastic, is four in afternoon fine" she accepted the time and I was thrilled, I can't wait to see her, I'm scared, but this is for the best, I just need to calm down, eat, then visit her tomorrow, one step at a time. Plan it so it all goes well, I reminded myself.

"Hi, I'm just looking through the menu" as a tall guy with brown sparkly eyes and brown hair walked towards the register that I was standing in front of "sure take your time" I searched through the menu and looked at the salads and sandwich section "do you have the desert menu" I bit my lower lip "sure, here you go" he handed me a smaller menu "can I order now" he nodded, I ordered chicken cesar salad, chicken aioli sandwich and two mud cakes with ice cream, my tummy grumbled, I'm so hungry, after waiting he finally came back with my orders "thank you" I reached to take the bags that he handed, I looked at his name tag 'Aaron' "thank you Aaron" he smiled back at me "have a nice day" he winked playfully "you too" I left and got into my car, too much 'Aarons' in one day I thought to myself.

Finally, I was home, I sighed leaning against my door. Time to eat and fill my hunger.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574 30 28
I have restarted this book. I wanted to make it easier to read and more enjoyable. I hope to make shorter chapters and update frequently. :) In the b...
5.2K 540 36
The one who has eyes on her. The one who is hiding from him. The one who needs her. The one who lusts her. The one who cares for him. The one who pro...
1.1M 24.5K 37
NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A WOMAN WHO SURVIVED. Highest rank # 1 in Mystery/Thriller! Written on Wattpad and now published worldwide in print and eBook...
104 3 13
When all she knows is abuse, abandonment, heartache, pain, and fear can anyone make her feel safe again? What happens when her Knight in shinning arm...