The Devil and I [Completed]

By imalwaysdreamin

Her name's Angelle Avery, she gets mocked and bullied everyday just cause she isn't as beautiful as her two s... More

Please Read:)
c h a p t e r 1
c h a p t e r 2
c h a p t e r 3
c h a p t e r 4
c h a p t e r 5
c h a p t e r 6
c h a p t e r 7
c h a p t e r 8
c h a p t e r 9
c h a p t e r 10
c h a p t e r 11
c h a p t e r 12
c h a p t e r 13
c h a p t e r 14
c h a p t e r 15
c h a p t e r 16
c h a p t e r 17
c h a p t e r 18
c h a p t e r 19
c h a p t e r 20
c h a p t e r 21
c h a p t e r 22
c h a p t e r 23
c h a p t e r 24
c h a p t e r 25
c h a p t e r 26
c h a p t e r 27
c ha p t e r 28
c h a p t e r 30
e p i l o g u e
j e r e m y

c h a p t e r 29

10.3K 520 46
By imalwaysdreamin

You know what they always say right? Time flies when you're having fun. It has been fun with Jeremy around. He never failed to cheer me up whenever I was feeling down. We made lots of progress, from being complete strangers to lovers.

In less than a week, the 100 days would be up and Jeremy would have to leave. I dare not imagine life without him. I have gotten so used to his presence that I never stopped to think of what life would be like without him around. This thought never failed to bring tears to my eyes at night.

The mark had long faded; it was a good thing that Jeremy was able to stay despite it. We both thought that he had to leave when the mark fades.

"Elle, have you been listening?" I jolted back to the present.

"Yea?" I answered absent-mindedly.

"Let's spend the last few days happily, I want to leave happy memories, not sad ones," Jeremy looked at me with an unidentifiable expression.

I nodded. Whenever I think of Jeremy in the future, I would want something to reminisce as well.

"What shall we do then?" I asked.

"Let's go outdoors," he suggested.

--------------------

"The water's cold," I laughed as I wiped water away from my eyes and directed the hose with water spraying out towards Jeremy's face.

"It is," Jeremy remarked but nevertheless, continued chasing me while spraying water at me.

Moments later, we both ended up on the ground laughing our hearts off. I collapsed above Jeremy and laid in his warm arms as we both looked up at the blue sky.

No matter how far you are, we will always be under the same sky.

My heart clenched at this. I'm missing him already.

"Come on, let's dry you off. Wouldn't want to catch a cold," Jeremy said as he helped me up.

When we were both back in my room, Jeremy wrapped a towel around me and used another to dry off my wet hair.

His gentle actions brought this thoughts to my mind.

I wonder if he would be a good husband in the future.

What would we be like in the future? If we even had one...

--------------------

<4 days left>

Jeremy stayed with me the entire day. We watched chick flicks–I kinda forced him to, cooked and cuddled.

"Can you give me the recipe for the dish you cooked just now?" I asked Jeremy who has his arms wrapped around me from behind.

"Do you like it?" His husky voice sent the tingles through me.

I nodded.

"Why don't I teach you tomorrow instead?" He asked and I turned back to look at him. "Really?"

"Really," He answered.

--------------------

<3 days left>

"First, season the chicken with salt and pepper," Jeremy instructed.

I grabbed the bottles of condiments and seasoned the two chicken fillets.

"Add olive oil to the pan and cook the fillets."

*

"It doesn't taste the same," I commented after taking a bite of the dish I cooked.

"Did you follow all the steps?" Jeremy asked. "Yep."

"Maybe the seasoning wasn't right," he suggested. "There wasn't enough salt."

I nodded in agreement.

As I looked at Jeremy who was deep in thoughts of why the dish tasted differently, I wondered if I would ever be able to taste his food again.

"Give me a moment, I'll go jot the recipe down," I said before rushing up to my room.

It was after I shut the door that I let the tears drip from my eyes.

--------------------

<2 days left>

"Are you okay? Your eyes are really puffy," Jeremy asked worriedly when he saw me the next day.

"Huh? Yea... The movie that I watched yesterday was very touching," I lied.

"What movie did you watch?" Jeremy questioned with a frown.

"Uh... Its... You wouldn't like it," I replied when no movie titles came to mind.

"Don't lie to me cupcakes, was it because of me?" The frown on Jeremy's forehead deepened.

I couldn't reply and looked at the floor instead.

"Cupcakes, look at me," Jeremy said softly but I refused to show him the tears that threatened to escape from my eyes once again.

"Cupcakes..." Jeremy's voice was laced with pain as he lifted my chin up to face him.

"I'm really sorry. I don't know what else to say other than that, but we really should just forget this for the time being and spend the last few days happ­–" Jeremy tried to say but I cut him off.

"How can you be so nonchalant about all this? Won't you miss me when you're gone?" I asked him, sadness fueling my anger.

"I will. I definitely will. Why wouldn't I? You've become such a huge part of my life that I don't know, or don't want to know what will happen when you're not around me anymore," Jeremy breathed.

"Do you think I feel good about leaving? I don't want to leave, but what can I do? I'll give everything I have to stay with you here, forever, but I don't have the power to change anything. I don't want you to regret not spending the little time we have left meaningfully. I love you more than you think I do," he whispered the last part as a few stray tears made its way down his cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I cried as I wrapped my arms around him. He was trying to be thoughtful and tried his best to hide how he felt, but I only thought of myself. I was being selfish.

"I'm sorry," I apologised again as we both cuddled each other to sleep that night.

--------------------

<1 day left>

This was the day I dreaded the most. In less than 24 hours, he would be gone. "Cupcakes..." Jeremy's gentle voice chorused in my ears and I opened my eyes to see him looking down lovingly at me.

I gave him a small smile and hugged him tighter. "Do you remember? The day when I first saw you?" I asked Jeremy, my voice a little muffled against his shirt.

He let out a little laugh. "Yeah. You almost drooled. That's the first time someone has done that."

I shook my head and laughed. I recalled that day very clearly. "Actually, now that I think about it. I was attracted to you at first sight," Jeremy mused.

"Really? I thought that you were attracted to Ari," I voiced out.

"She's pretty, sure, but you were the one that caught my eye," he replied.

"Why? I would be the last of my sisters to catch your eye. Especially so before the whole 'beautifying' thing," I asked curiously.

"When I first saw you, you were already beautiful, both inside and out. Its just that you never realised," Jeremy said sincerely.

"You know...when I first saw you, I would never have imagined us ending up together," I said.

"Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love was beyond my control," Jeremy said, causing me to chuckle. "That was cheesy."

"Yes, it was," he agreed and we both ended up laughing.

As we spent the last few hours we had together that night, I said the three words that I never expected myself to say to anyone anytime soon.

"I love you, devil."

"I love you too, cupcakes."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 391 87
"What will you say when I show you my locked up secrets, burried in the center of my heart? Will you still love me then, or will you just run like th...
41K 3.7K 29
He treaded on a path of destruction, lost among a sea of souls, and then he was drowning in her perfection. * * * * Kanza never expected much from...
35.1K 1.6K 33
α΄…Ιͺᴠᴇʀɒᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› ᴏʀ α΄…α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄˜ ΙͺΙ΄ α΄…Ιͺκœ°κœ°α΄‡Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄› α΄…ΙͺʀᴇᴄᴛΙͺᴏɴꜱ.
16.5M 641K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gâzleri gâzlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...