The Billionaire's Awakening (...

By MsDreamerGirl84

| Sequel to Secret Love | Previously called "The Steadfast Love." "If you are here to give me hope yet... More

Copyright
Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Freaking Out
Chapter 3: Hearts Set on Fire
Chapter 4: Miles Apart
Chapter 5: Fashion Week
Chapter 6: Courtship Begins
Chapter 7: The Past
Chapter 8: Gloomy Day
Chapter 9: First Night
Chapter 10: Buried Past
Chapter 11: Haunting Past
Chapter 12: Sleepover
Chapter 13: First real date
Chapter 14: Choices
Chapter 15: Regrets
Chapter 17: Request
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Bitch
Chapter 20: Clash
Chapter 21: Heartache
Dedication and Random Advertisement
Chapter 22: Stranger
Chapter 23: Job
Chapter 24: Naughty
Chapter 25: Tease
Chapter 26: Past and Present
Chapter 27: Getting Dirty
Chapter 28: Truth
Chapter 29: Taryn
Chapter 30: The Lost Son
Chapter 31: News
Chapter 32: Hypocrisy
Chapter 33: Judgement Day
Chapter 34: About Time
Chapter 35: Not so perfect family
Chapter 36: The Wedding
Chapter 37: Finale
Epilogue
Sequel (Will be a long wait)

Chapter 16: Choice

51.2K 1.8K 57
By MsDreamerGirl84

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." ― William Jennings Bryan

...............

Xandrous' POV

I nodded. I quickly unlocked my door and invited her in. My heart quickens as I took in her scent instinctively as she walks in past me, and I followed her quietly.

I remembered the five empty bottles on the coffee table. I involuntarily quicken my pace to reach the table before she could and as I attempted to reach the bottles, she already saw it. Her eyes stared at the knockdown bottles, without a single word.

"I-" my hand involuntarily rub my nape feeling stupid as I fumbled for words.

"Do you hate me?" instead she asked directly, her eyes stared at me with so many emotions I can't stand. My eyes met hers and pinned it, taking in her beauty, memorizing every emotion swirling in her orbs and trying to read each single emotions like an open book, and each emotion comes down to only one, pain.

I shook my head furiously as I felt every emotion in her words. "No. Never! I never hate you," I said sincerely, my eyes never leaving her face. My voice cracking as I spoke with so mixed emotions swimming in my chest. I felt the lump in my throat. "I'm sorry, I never know. I was stupid," I rambled as I clenched my jaw, guilt nagging me.

"You didn't hate me? After keeping it from you?" she repeated, her eyes looking at me incredulously. I could fathom disbelief in her voice as well as her eyes.

"No. I don't think I have the right to hate you. After all, it's all my fault," I said shaking my head. She was quiet for a moment. "I just want to know, did you abor—"

She steps back, gaping at me for a second before she finally says a word. "NO!" she shrieked, shaking her head profusely. I almost kicked myself after realizing how much it would offend her. I watched in remorseful as she shook her head. "How could you?" her eyes widening in horror, the pain now profound in those honey orbs, and I felt a kick in my gut. I was so impulsive, I should have considered her feelings.

"No. I just want to know. How did it happen? I'm not accusing you or anything, I'm sorry, baby. I'm being insensitive," I quickly responded as I narrowed our gap, but I didn't touch her, fearing that she will run away. She relaxes a bit.

She stared at me, searching for something. Her eyes glistening. "I slipped on the floor then I bleed." Tears obviously welling up around her eyelid. "When I-I"

Her eyes losing its life. The glow was gone, left a spiritless one. My heart clenched tightly, feeling like a vice gripping it and twinge it painfully leaving a gnawing pain. I instantly pulled her into me, holding her protectively. "Sshh..." I hushed, trying to stop her from talking. I know it's hard for her. My palm rubbing her back to soothe her, the least I could do. "I'm sorry, baby." I pressed my lips on her head and lingers there for a while as I close my eyes. I could feel her body shaking as she kept sobbing and it pains me. I was kissing her head like it could help her, holding her like she was going to fade.

...........................

Vicky's POV

I felt the pain seemingly decreasing. His soothing words, his warm body against mine, and his protective arms around me made me feel secured and home.

We were in that position for seemingly a while. My shaking body now relaxes, and his hot breath fanning my earlobes feels a little ticklish. "Xandrous," I called softly.

"Hmm," he hummed, not bothering to move an inch. His arms still wrapped around me possessively all the while kissing the side of my head occasionally.

"I'm sorry about your dad," I said warily. I tried to pulled myself off his hold, but he grips me firmly yet with gentleness.

"Not yet," he growls softly and he buried his nose in the crook of my neck.

"When are you leaving?" I asked, ignoring my heart starting to constrict. I hate it when he's far away from me. I'm starting to feel nostalgic, in a really bad way.

He didn't respond and I felt him sucking my neck. "Xandrous," I shrieked softly as I felt waves of sensations assaulting me, causing havoc in my system. "Xandrous," I called rather moan when his lips trailed down the hollow of my neck and then suck it, tingles spreads like a wildfire, slowly consuming me.

"I missed you so much," he breathes as he kissed and suck my neck.

Suddenly, flashes of red spots under my skin brought back my senses.

Love bites!

I quickly pushed him away from me when I realized I struggled to conceal those red marks he gave me before. My skin was too sensitive and it stays for a while. I had to wait for weeks to subside.

"What's wrong?" Xandrous asked in a worried tone, his eyes were dark and intense as he stares at me, though worries etched all over his handsome face.

My hand instinctively flew to my neck and it felt so hot. "I can't be walking around wearing love bites!" I hissed, glaring at him. The worries in his face vanishes and the frown in his forehead morphs into a playful grin.

"I can't help it, baby," he drawled huskily and then pulled me again, against his chest. "You're not going to that party, right?" he asked after a short pause.

I remember Deshawn and his party. I was too lost that Deshawn's party slipped out on my mind.

"What time is it?" I asked as I tried to pull myself away from him. He growls softly but he releases me anyway. "Past eight," he simply retorted. I inch backward, and my eyes stared down at the coffee table. There are empty beer bottles. "You're not going, right? Not without me anyway," he stressed out in disapproval.

Deshawn was going to tell me something and he actually piques my curiosity. I'm dying to know what is it all about.

I reluctantly met his hard stare, swallowing thickly as I spoke in a soft convincing voice. "Deshawn was nice and I really like him," I started and I regretted it right away as soon as I saw his eyes morphing darker, his stare becoming hard, but not in a good way. His jaws tightened and I hesitantly continue my words. I swallowed hard and look away. I couldn't stand his ferocious stare.

"So you like him." It wasn't a question, it was a statement and my eyes snapped up back to him.

He sounded jealous and at the same time, annoying. "As a friend," I responded briefly. "He's just a friend to me, nothing more intimate," I said defensively. And why would I need to explain? 

He looks a bit relaxed after. "I'll go with you, then I'll fly straight home after the party," he said decisively, and with his impassive tone. I bit my tongue as I saw the determination in his face. His tone already made it clear, there's no room for an argument.

"But," I seethed, and he stared at me, challenging me. There's the control freak Xandrous again and I hate it. I clenched my jaw, seethingly. The irritations kept growing.

He suddenly looks alarmed. "Baby," he said softly after realizing that he was acting like an ass again. His hard stare softens all the while inching forward, stopping when our body an inch away. "Don't you want me there with you?" he drawled and even though I knew what he was doing, I like it when he's flirting with me. My irritation magically withered and the way his eyes softly staring hard at me, like he was memorizing every detail of my face, it makes my heart melts.

"Of course, I do!" I replied quickly. Too quickly than I intended to be.

He smiled with satisfaction. "Can I kiss you again before we get ready?" he asked, but his hands already coiled around me, possessively. His face inching forward. 

"It's passed eight. We need to get ready," I pushed him away before his lips descended on mine, but his hands were like a vice around my waist.

 A mischievous grin playing at the corners of his mouth. "An hour is long enough to get ready," he muttered softly as he started attacking my neck. 

I let out a loud chuckle while trying to stop him. "Xandrous, I swear to God, if you give me hickeys, you will never hold me again!" I warned him and he stops kissing my neck and stared at me like a lost boy.

"But I love sucking your neck. They tasted better than lollipops," he whined, his frown deepened.

I rolled my eyes. "Let's get ready," I pulled myself away from him and he grunted as he releases me. I felt disappointed at the broken contact but I swayed it away. "I'll ring you when I'm ready," I said and spun around heading to the door.

Halfway across the living room, I heard him. "Can you come with me? I promise to bring you back here when your boss needs you," he said in an almost throaty voice, almost pleading. 

I slowly turn to look at him. He looks anxious as he waited for my response. I remembered Frankie's words. 

"We have another two weeks to go before our next photo shoot. Use it to claim what was yours. Fight for him, I believe you're not alone into this battle. You have him, trust me,"

"Vicky," Xandrous called softly. He looks defeated as he gave me a small smile. A smile of consideration. "I understand if you don't want to come with me—"

"Yes," I cut him off. I saw how his face lit up like a bulb and his eyes glowed like his sleek Bugatti under the sunlight. "I actually have two more weeks to go before my next photo shoot," I explain briefly. 

His smile widens and I let out a soft chuckle at his precious reaction and turn to the door. He looks like a boy who found Santa's presents. "I'll see you shortly," I said over my shoulder and then head back to our place.

......

"Oh my God, I'm glad you showed up, Vicky!" squeals Deshawn and my eyebrow shot up in interest. After hugging me, he hugs Xandrous and the latter acquiescently hug him back. He's seriously acting strangely. His eyes were focused at my Xandrous to my annoyance. He gave Frankie a brief hug, too. 

"I'm sorry, we are late," I said trying to get his attention. 

He shot back his eyes at me and smiled sweetly. "It's better to be late than never," he replied shortly, letting out a low flirty chuckle as he spared Xandrous a subtle glance which the latter only nodded. I could feel his coldness towards Deshawn, but it seems Deshawn didn't notice since he was too elated. 

The place was packed and I noticed that men dominated the crowd. The huge condo looks smaller with all the crowd filling the space. Several were gyrating in the middle of the room, with their drinks, some were chatting while drinking, and most were making out at every corner. 

I saw Sydney and the rest of her gang, with their partners. "Elisa is here," Frankie nudge me, and I followed her gaze. Elisa was a nice girl, too, who became one of our friends, working as a fashion stylist. With her sky high pumps she doesn't look short next to any of us, with a pitch black tresses that contrasted her off white dress that hugs her slender body. Her natural olive skin looks incredible on her, making her stands out like she belongs to the group.

Elisa waves her hand at us then flagged it down, calling us. She was with another male model but I don't know his name. They were sitting at the bar, next to each other at one corner. 

"I'll go see her," she said and walked away, weaving her way through the throng of the guests.

"Have some drinks and have fun, Vicky, Xandrous," Deshawn handed us both a cocktail drink and patted my shoulder lightly, leaning his head forward. "I hope you can give me a minute later. I need to tell you something," Deshawn whispered loud enough for me to grasp over the loud music. 

I nodded in agreement. "Hope you both have fun," he finally left and approached another group. 

"What did he said?" Xandrous asked after sipping his drinks. I was about to make a sip of my drink when he took my glass away. "The vodka is too strong, they put too much," he said and then stopping a waiter strolling around with his tray and place the glass down, trading it with a flute of champagne.

I cocked my eyebrow at him. He sip the champagne before handing it to me. "Isn't that what's party is all about?" I teased as I took the flute and thank him. 

He shrugs his shoulders then snake his hand around my waist. "I don't want to ravish you when you're drunk," he bluntly teased and I felt all my blood rush to my cheeks. My body suddenly got excited.

"Who said about ravishing?" I said trying to conceal the excitement growing in my gut. My heart hyperventilating. 

He chuckled sexily. "But I'm looking forward to exploring you tonight in the plane, babe." 

"Only if you agree to allow chains and whips. And no kissing." I cocked my eyebrow at him and he let out a loud carefree laughter. 

"Xandrous!" A flirty voice interrupted us and we both look at our unwelcome privacy intruder.

Sidney flashed him her sweet smile, obviously flirting with him and it triggers the animosity I felt towards her that I've been trying to disregard. My face hardens as I stared at her wicked saccharine smile. I suddenly felt revolting when Xandrous pulled his hands off my waist and returns her smile. 

Prick!

"Sidney," he acknowledges her and was about to stretch his free hand for a handshake when all of a sudden, she flung her hands around his neck and kiss him. Xandrous were surprised and the drink he was holding with his other hand spilled on the guy next to him. My eyes twitch and before I knew it, I handed my drinks to the guy not farther from me and I pulled her away from him tugging her by her hair. 

She let out a loud scream of pain as she tried to pull her hair away from my grasp. 

"Damn, shit just got real!" I heard someone said but I ignored it. I was too furious to care about the people watching us. 

I felt two strong hands holding me by the waist, pulling me away from her. Someone also untangling my hands off her hair, all the while she was screaming profanities towards me.

"You, bitch!" Sidney screams. I saw Deshawn behind her, holding her by her waist.

I didn't step back. My teeth grinding in enrage. "Don't start me, hoe. I don't come with brakes!" I smiled at her sardonically as I crossed my hand over my chest, tilting my chin up.  

She returns the gesture with a mocking smile, as well. "You're acting like he's yours." She smirked evilly. "He'll also dump your ass after he's done with you!" she said brushing her tangled hair away from her face. Her face as red as a ripe tomato, so am I.

"Sidney," Xandrous warns her. His tone was hard. Sidney just spares him a brief glance and smirked before giving me another deadly glare. 

I felt Xandrous hold tightens around my waist. I could feel his anger rising. "Baby," Xandrous breath tickling my earlobe. I ignored him. I was burning Sidney with my stare, killing her in my head. "That's kind of you to warn me, but you should know that I don't care." I flashed her a mocking smile. "But he already did, almost eight years ago, and here he is, taking off from his work to be with me. Is that considered as done with me?" I retorted sarcastically. 

She looks quite surprised, but she quickly recovered. She smirked. "Of course, if the hole is always open, why not take advantage of it, right?" she rebutted sardonically.

"Sidney, stop!" Deshawn pulled her away, but she squirms, still calling me foul names. I felt Xandrous' hands left my waist and were about to follow Deshawn when I stop him by the hand. 

I just realized everyone was watching us, the music was gone, and only the sounds of glass clinking, and tapping of shoes against the floor.

I felt suddenly embarrassed and prayed the floor would open up and swallowed me  in and for the love of God, will not spit me out.

"I think we need to call it a night," Xandrous lead me to the door. What happened still lingers in my head and I was swimming with it. 

Would he leave me again after he's done with me?

"VICKY!" I heard Deshawn's voice calling us while Xandrous was holding the passenger door of his car. We both look at his direction. He looks like he was chased by someone.

"I apologized for Sidney's behavior tonight," he said as soon as he reaches us. He stops a good few inches in front of us.

He looks so masculine in his black pinstripe dress shirt tucked in black suit pants. 

Xandrous looks cool but I could feel his anger radiating off him next to me, trying to keep his cool. He didn't say a word. 

"It's my fault," I admitted softly, feeling remorseful for letting my jealousy gets the best of me. 

Deshawn just waves it off. "Can I talk to you for a few minute?" he asked. I nodded my head. "In a private?" he added on. My eyes snapped in Xandrous' direction and he was staring at me impassively. I could sense the disapproval in his aura. 

"Can I?" I asked him. He reluctantly nodded his head. "You have five minutes," he said to me, not bothering to look at Deshawn who was patiently waiting.

"Thanks, Xandrous," Deshawn gave him a tight smile and the latter just nodded. Deshawn walks towards the entrance of the building and I followed him.

...........................

A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I hope this makes it up to all of you. Thank you for standing by. Have fun reading! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...
32.7K 1.3K 52
It was only her comments that made her feel worthless. Only one bully. Only her betrayal made him give up on love, making him ruthless. Only one woma...
170K 5.3K 30
|||| COMPLETED |||| Highest rank on what's hot list: #2- heartbreak #2- betrayal #2- billionaire #2- relationships #6- lovestory #13- love #27- se...
363K 10.2K 54
❗❗THIS IS A RENEWED VERSION OF MY STORY HIS VICTORIA, YOU CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL ONE IN MY PROFILE❗❗ ⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke ...