In Another World

By milkdrunk

❝Can you be the grease to my bacon?❞ ❝I found that equally touching and disturbing that I don't know which si... More

foreword
trailer + playlist
01 » hello
02 » you again
03 » friendless
04 » kinda nice
05 » i know you
06 » need to find you
07 » because of me
08 » stop screaming
09 » michael jackson
10 » effin' fool
11 » twin sister
12 » changing subjects
13 » different approach
14 » meet up
15 » id love yoo
16 » stuttering
17 » just buds
18 » plans
19 » biology lectures
20 » be yourself
21 » clueless
22 » good news
23 » crying
24 » terrible liar
25 » feli & chris
26 » medical condition
27 » heal soon
28 » some research
29 » the note
30 » maybe
31 » thoughts
32 » bidding goodbye
33 » i choose you
34 » shirley
35 » finally see you
36 » nonsense
37 » karen
38 » shitty and apologetic
39 » jackson can sing
afterword
in another call

40 » bye (epilogue)

7.6K 504 359
By milkdrunk

just a note:
- play the song while reading!!
- this is the last chapter of this story. my last update would be the afterword/the final author's note. it's up to you guys if you'll consider this as an epilogue or nah bc i do lmaoo + forgive me. this is not edited lol i just rewrote it.

***

Fizzledbomb Hospital
8 : 09 pm

- - - - -

"What is Shirley taking so long with the popcorn?"

"I don't have a clue."

"Eh, I'm not surprised. You were always the clueless one between the both of us."

"Oh, I was the clueless one?!"

"Yep."

"Shut up the two of you! You were both clueless, jeez."

"Finally! Where's the edible stuff, Shirls?"

"Do you mean the popcorn?"

"No, I meant my balls! Of course, I meant the popcorn."

"You're gross."

"I think you were trying to say, 'I love you,' so I love you too."

"I immensely can't process in my mind why you guys are a couple but whatever it is, thank God for creating an otp."

"Your otp 'til I die."

"Stop being so negative! The doctor said you're healing faster now."

"Whatever y'all say. Can't we just watch the film?"

"Yes, and no."

"What do you mean?"

"You're quoting Bieber again! Ugh."

"It's not my fault that he makes songs about almost every expression existing in the English language!"

"This is why."

"Third wheel probs."

"It's okay, Shirls. We understand but where will you be staying? I mean, it's not that you'll just bounce out this hospital room and bounce in again after two hours."

"Actually, yes."

"And what the heck are you going to do for a good one hundred twenty minutes?"

"Flirt with the hot doctor outside, duh."

"Er, suit yourself!"

"Have fun!"

Shirley went out the room, leaving Saturn and I alone inside.

The television set was all prepared. It was playing the film, A Walk To Remember. I honestly refused to watch it but little Miss Sixth Planet Close to the Sun had to playfully have a childish tantrum in order to convince me.

That's why I couldn't help but go with it. She's too cute for me.

We were both intently focused upon watching the movie. I was failing to cry whilst Saturn was using the cloth on her bald head to wipe the tears streaming down her cheeks.

I'm so heartless. I thought, snorting.

"What?" Saturn asked, a bit confused.

"Nothing... nothing."

"You're staring at me like crying is a sin."

I smiled at what she said. I grabbed the remote control next to me and switched off the TV.

Saturn immediately frowned at my sudden actions. I, on the other hand, made my grin wider.

"It was already the best part!"

"She was going to die!"

"Yeah, I know!"

"Why the heck would that be the best part?!"

"'Cause it's not cliché!"

"Wanna go sleep?"

"You're already on my bed though."

"I wanna sleep next to you."

"And that's aaaall I wanna do right now."

"Your singing voice sucks."

"Then sing Cold Water again for me!" She giggled. With our shoulders almost touching each other, she rested her head on my left shoulder. Not long after, I rested my head onto hers.

We were both silent yet satisfied.

This was more than anything we've wanted.

Abruptly, she curled her fingers into mine and began, "seriously, I'm sleepy," and ended with a yawn.

"Here," I got up and tucked her blanket in.

"I thought you wanted to sleep next to me?" she smirked slightly.

"I never said I didn't want to," I smirked back whilst going back to my previous seat beside her.

"Close your eyes."

I did exactly what I told her. Next thing I knew, a soft and lingering sensation was existing on my forehead and as well as my cheeks.

I opened my eyes hastily.

"Sneaking some kisses again, huh?"

"Like always. It has a been a part of our routine, you know."

"Contented now?"

"Yup!"

"Close your eyes."

We both did the same only I was absentmindedly embracing her whilst kissing her cheek 'good night'.

Everything was perfect.

Everything was.

***

Jackson's House
7 : 36 am

Beep beep.

I snoozed my alarm clock yet again; it was the seventh time now. As everyday of my life has been for the past two years, I was not in the mood to get up nor go to school.

"Jackson Christopher Hamilton, breakfast is ready!" my mom called out from downstairs. Based from what I was smelling, she cooked bacon and eggs for me.

It was just us in the house. Dad is an ass who cheated on my mother. I don't even know if I have siblings from his other girl but with Mom, it's just simply me.

"Coming, Mom!" I screamed back at her, creasing my forehead. I was too stubborn to leave my bed although I assured her I was.

Slowly but surely, I lifted my body. Once I fully felt like moving, I went to my mirror hanging on the wall and glared at my horrendous self.

My eyes had bags underneath it. My lips were all chapped. There was some acnes on my chin.

How did I become such a wreck? I asked myself through thought.

Eventually, I decided to threw on some more decent clothes than I was currently wearing and hurried downstairs with my mother patiently waiting for me by the dining table.

"Finally going to school, honey?" Mom questioned as she read yesterday's newspaper. She must've heard my footsteps.

"Not exactly," I responded weakly.

"What are you up to then?" she said, putting down the newspaper and looked me in the eyes - the same pair of chocolate brown eyes I inherited from her.

"I wanted to visit her, you know?"

"She's gone, sweetie," she told me, trying to make it sound like it was okay.

"She's not! Where's the logic in visiting her if she's gone, right?" I reasoned out of my denial state. I could already feel the stinging liquid in my orbs.

However, she sighed. How could she argue further? Her son is now obviously insane.

"Eat, dear. Then visit her," she smiled. But it was evident that she hesitated.

I didn't want to eat though. I wanted to visit her. Is that too much to ask?

"I think I'll pass, Mom. See you in a bit," I approached her, managing to hug her. I know that it's hard to deal with the fact that your only son is subtly turning against you.

"Bye, Jackson. Take care, sweetie," she farewelled.

***

Fizzledbomb Cemetery
8 : 01 am

- - - - -

Two sets of three hundred sixty-five days have gone by and the pain of truly letting her go is not fading in me. Seeing her beautiful name carved in a tombstone was still a heartaching view.

Whenever I visit her, I would talk mindlessly by myself. Yes, call me crazy and delusional but if you would be put into a situation as mine, I won't doubt that you'll end up like me.

Though, today was different.

I didn't feel like talking.

The last conversation I had with her was in the hospital, holding onto each other. We were watching a film, only I forgot what it was.

Who would've thought that that was the last time I held her... the last time I kissed her... the last time I talked to her... the last time I saw her... the last time I'm with her...

It's like reality wanted to wake me up from this nightmare I still wanted to live.

Yet I chose the latter.

I don't like her to be the cause of my destruction. I'd rather her to be the cause of my construction - opting my recovery.

In front of me, my eyes widened for somebody has taken over my usual spot.

All I saw was a girl with a lanky figure, her hair that resembled the sunrise was all up in a messy knot. White tee and skinny denim jeans paired with some usual black sneakers were what she was wearing.

"I wasn't expecting you here," I spoke, carefully carrying the sunflowers I brought.

"I didn't expect you to be here as well."

"Shirls─"

"It's been a long time."

"Two years..."

She giggled sarcastically, "I know."

"What happened?" I asked, my emotion opposed hers.

"She died."

"How can you say that without even breaking or hesitating?"

"Because I'm already broken. I have n-nobody, okay? My family's gone. They're all dead!" she shouted, her voice was cracking slightly. Her skin was getting crimson whilst tears began to escape from her eyes.

"C-calm down..." It was the only thing I could utter. I never knew how to help myself so how can I help somebody that suffer more than I do?

"Sorry... I can't believe we hoped."

"It was the right thing to do at the time, you know."

She snorted. "Yep. We kept on hoping in something impossible now we're both crazy."

I was quiet. I don't know what to reply.

"Goodbye?" she shattered the sudden silence.

"When can I see you again?"

"Probably never."

"What?! It's senior year and─"

"Says the guy who blew the chances of being the captain of the Basketball Team and having a scholarship in Yale because of my sister's passing... and besides, I dropped out of school since last year."

"I know that but how about college? Life?"

"Jeez, don't worry about me. I'll be fine. College is for losers and life is for dreamers. I'm not one of those. I'd rather be homeless than considering this chaotic world a home."

"Mhmm."

"I wish you the best in life, Jackass," Shirley stated, but hearing that stupid nickname ached me again.

"T-thanks."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Everything will be alright, soon. Let's just enjoy the scenery right now."

"What scenery? A whole lot of dead corpses?" I asked teasingly.

"Nope. The pattern of clouds above..."

As I gaped into the breathtaking scenery, it made me realized something. I never knew how much I made an impact to both of the twins' lives, especially to Saturn's.

Just like the art formed at the sky, it was unexpected and it was most certainly beautiful. Although, the clouds that exhibited aren't always how the clouds were.

It changes.

And sometimes, it's destined to go somewhere else.

Who knew that an accidental phone call can lead into finding friendship? Next thing I knew, love was on the line, literally.

I was the lucky one to be having her as a part of me.

Saturn took me into a different world. She showed me a different feeling. And maybe, just maybe, someday she'll do it again.

In another world, in another time, in another life...

Absentmindedly, I smiled. A genuine and fulfilled smile that never came along since a hundred four weeks.

I glanced back at Shirley who seemed to be overwhelmed at the seemingly painting floating upon us.

"Shirls?"

"Yes?"

"What happens now?"

"You go home, I wander around."

"And then what?"

"We move on and discover what's still there for us."

"Can you do something for me before we go our separate ways?"

"Yea, sure what is it?"

"Do you still have Saturn's phone?"

"Um, yes," she said, sluggishly grinning.

I hastily took my phone out and told her, "accept this last one for me."

***

Incoming Call
Jackass <33
12 : 07 pm

- - - - -

"Hello?"

"Okay, so I know you're obviously not going to answer me because if you did, I'd probably freak out."

"Um, hey there, girl-who-is-not-Avalon!"

"I'm sorry if I'd bother you this time only it was twelve midnight when I bothered you the first time... hahaha..."

"I'm sorry if I always judged you with your relationship with your period. Maybe I was jealous?"

"But Michael, also known as the worst nickname I gave you, I always felt you were different."

"Who knew I'd end up falling for your quirky and not to mention cute nerdy responses?"

"I've also wondered why the hell you kept answering my calls if you never really enjoyed my company.."

"And no! That was not a Justin Bieber reference."

"Maybe you really did enjoyed it, huh?"

"Before I stop this call... Saturn Felicity Salamander, I just want to thank you for being a part of my life and giving me a quick glimpse of love."

"Jackass loves you, okay? May you rest in peace."

"And I won't forget that I'm freakishly stupid, Grasshopper. Good bye... for now."

- - - - -

Call Ended
12 : 10 pm

× = × = × = × = × = × = × = × = × = ×

A/N: THE END (not) + afterword will be posted later!! c;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.1K 743 18
Just as the dear title says. ♥ I'll redo the cover. ↬ I will warn before triggering topics~ ♥
1M 55K 40
❝Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night.❞ ❝That would be you.❞ ❝You're a smooth motherfucker, aren't you?❞ In which Nico desperately needs advice an...
1.1M 67K 88
❝Hello, this is tech support. How may I help you?❞ "Well, I might have microwaved my phone..."" ❝Ok, stop it Luke. No one would do that❞ "U...
449K 15.6K 73
Is this Greyson Hollister? I think I have your book. ---- kinda cliché dialogue story, because why not. anything can happen when you call ---- 3rd P...