Dangerous Liaisons [Sterek]

By BekkaChaos

A Sterek fiction. When Derek realises that Stiles has become a trigger for him he tries to stay away. He know... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue

Chapter Seventeen

131K 2.7K 3K
By BekkaChaos

A/N: Okay, so there is a lot packed into this chapter because I didnt want to make two short chapters. I thought that this would do better as one. PLEASE leave your comments, as always, the best one will get a dedication and I love, love, LOVE your feedback.

This chapter is dedicated to my biggest fan ;) Thanks for being so supportive!

                                                                  ~ ~ ~

Stiles woke the next morning still feeling drunk with the ecstasy of last night. He rolled onto his back, making a tent with the covers because, hey, it was morning and he was still very much aroused. Especially so when he turned to the side to see Derek lying on his stomach, the sheet beginning just below his hips and looking unbelievably sexy.

He sighed as he tried to readjust himself just to end up even more aroused. He reached out to stroke the gorgeous toned lines of Derek’s back, his fingers tracing the lines of his triskellion.

Derek let out a consented sigh before rolling onto his back and allowing Stiles’ fingers to drag from his shoulders and over his chest and stomach. He was still half asleep but that didn’t stop him from reacting to Stiles’ wandering hands.

Stiles crept closer until he was able to press his body into Derek and swiftly position himself above him. Derek crooned as Stiles suckled at his neck, leaving bruises that healed almost instantly. Derek lifted his hands and took hold of his hips, holding him firmly in place.

“You’re feisty this morning,” Derek groaned, gently rocking his hips upward.

Stiles muttered a feverish ‘uh-huh’ into Derek’s neck as he kissed his way down over his collarbone and flicking his tongue over his peaked nipple.

Derek dropped his head back and once again his hand was tangled in Stiles’ hair. He not so subtly tugged him down and Stiles chuckled.

“Is that how it is huh?” He said with an arrogant smirk.

“You know I can make you, it’s just easier if you play along.” Derek growled, his smile just as cocky.

He was enjoying Stiles’ new-found confidence, it was almost better that ordering him around. Almost.

“Hey, I’m not complaining.” Stiles said before he was wrapping his lips around Derek’s erect member.

He didn’t hesitate this time. From the first elated groan that escaped Derek’s lips he was performing a vigorous assault of fellatio that made Derek’s toes curl and his voice grow ragged as he gave Stiles more than adequate encouragement.

"Stiles…" Derek panted in a slow, uneven breath.

He didn’t respond, didn’t even look up from the tantalising acts that he was performing with his tongue.

"Stiles…" Derek pleaded.

"What?" He mumbled, his mouth full.

Derek's eyes closed tight at the vibration and he let out an agonized growl to which Stiles pulled away and held his body over Derek's with an annoyance in his eyes.

Derek's face was contorted, his jaw slack and eyes glowing blood red with fangs growing from behind his lips. He looked more like his wolf-self than he did human and Stiles swallowed hard.

"I think there is something seriously wrong with me because I find that impossibly hot."

Derek let out an inhuman growl and rolled Stiles over, positioning himself firmly between his legs. He kissed Stiles on his neck, his teeth grazing the skin and making both of their hearts beat faster. He slipped a finger inside him and Stiles let out a gasp before digging his nails into Derek’s shoulder, biting his lip as he added another. His hold grew ever tighter as Derek angled his fingers upwards, bending his knuckle to hit his sweet spot.

“Oh… migod…” Stiles panted before Derek gave another few flicks and pulled his fingers out to press himself against his entrance. He stared down into Stiles' eyes as he pushed his heat inside him. His body couldn’t wait but the human side of him controlled himself long enough to save from hurting Stiles. Not that he even seemed to notice, his eyes rolled back in his head and he let out a strangled groan as Derek rocked his hips.

His elbows rested by Stiles' chest and their lips were but an inch from one another. Stiles looked up, lips parted, eyes hungry as they stared into Derek's wild red irises. He slipped his tongue out to slide it up one of his extended canines and when its tip reached the underside of Derek's lip he crashed them down into Stiles' for a greedy kiss.

He thrust his hips faster, emitting a low whine into Stiles' mouth and pulling apart to breathe. Derek’s legs shook as the white hot light engulfed him and he inclined his hips to give Stiles what he needed before letting himself go inside him.

Derek’s quivering arms barely held himself up as Stiles finished, his face contorted with a satisfied smile, his lips parted to allow for his ragged breaths.

He rolled over onto his back and the both of them struggled to catch their breath.

“You know what? We should just… stay here. Screw Beacon Hills… sex is so much better on… vacation.” Stiles said, still in the process of recovery.

Derek chuckled a little but said nothing as he gathered himself. Stiles took a few minutes to let himself come down from the high before rolling onto his side. He looked down at Derek, his eyes closed as if he were sleeping, and placed his hand gently on his cheek. It didn’t take long for his lips to find their pair and they kissed him lightly. They lingered for a moment before he pulled back, his thumb still caressing his cheek.

Derek opened his eyes to see Stiles gazing down at him and reached up to run his fingers through his hair. He heard Stiles’ heart begin to beat faster so he pulled himself away, sitting up on the edge of the bed.

“I’m taking a shower.” He said firmly and didn’t miss the sigh that Stiles was trying to hide.

He stood up and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind him. Stiles flopped back onto the bed and made a number of babbling noises before deciding to join him.

Derek –

I told him to pack his things before we had breakfast. Naturally he didn’t listen.

If he was a werewolf member of the pack he wouldn’t have a choice. It’s pretty frustrating to be the alpha of a pack with humans; they didn’t respect the position of alpha. Then again, it makes me angry that I actually enjoy his defiance.

It took a few intense glares to make him gather all of his stuff. I know that he was stalling. I could see it in that cheeky glint in his eye. He is almost definitely the most infuriating person I have ever met.

I’m going to include my uncle in this.

He’s given me a lot to think about lately but I try to keep most of that to myself and block him out. I don’t need anyone trying to get me to do things the way they want.

That’s why it’s amusing that I enjoy the way Stiles tries it. I don’t know where his lack of fear comes from, he’s almost attracted to danger.

At least, that’s the only way I could describe his attraction for me; for all of me. Being part wolf isn’t exactly something that makes you better. There’s a reason it’s called the cursed bite.

Obviously it has its perks, healing and intensified senses, but there is always a cost. Part of the package I guess.

“Well come on Sour wolf.” My skin prickled.

“Do you have to keep calling me that?” I asked, turning around to see him grinning like an idiot.

“We’ve been through this Derek; I don’t like it any more than you do.”

“You better wipe that smile off your face and get in the jeep. Now.”

I’m just glad that he doesn’t know that I actually do like it. Mostly it irritates me, but sometimes… it’s not so bad.

He climbed into the passenger seat because I insisted on driving, mainly because I don’t think Stiles brought enough Adderall for the weekend. There was quite a while back to Beacon Hills so I let him fiddle with the radio as we began the drive.

When we got about an hour in he decided that there was nothing good on the current channel and began flicking from one to another incessantly. The sharp changes in pitch and tone, from music to chatting hosts to advertisements, was infuriating to my sensitive ears. The longer he continued the more frustrated I got and on about the twentieth skip I snapped.

“Stiles! Would you pick one and stick with it?”

He raised an eyebrow at me and made one more switch before sitting back in his seat.

“You know, I really don’t know how you don’t get the whole ‘sour wolf’ thing.” He smirked.

I shook my head. “The sound changes from soft to sharp to loud, ever think that my ears might be hearing that differently to you?” I looked sideways at him and he thought about it.

“Alright you win…you’re still a sour wolf though.” He said that last part in almost a breath.

“Heard that.”

He smiled.

He sat on his phone for a while in blissful silence but I knew that it was never going to last, it never did. He tossed his phone onto the dash after about half an hour and sighed, shuffling about to try and get comfortable.

“So…” he said, looking over at me.

“What?”

“I don’t know, you’re just quiet.”

“I’m always quiet.” I said.

“True, but you know.”

“No Stiles, I don’t.” I said, starting to get annoyed.

I know where he wants this to go. He thinks that I can't read him but I can, he tries it enough that I’m used to it now. He wants me to talk more about what we were saying last night and I don’t plan on it. He was right to stop me from saying anything because I’m glad now that I said nothing.

“I mean you seem quieter than usual.” I rolled my eyes at him and he scoffed. “If you want to be a douche then whatever.”

I groaned. “Stiles… if you want to ask me something just do it. Stop trying to get me to bring something up that you know I’m not going to.”

He sighed. “Well… I mean last night you said something about you and Laura…”

I felt myself tense up. I knew this was coming and I don’t want to talk about her. Her chapter is closed, done. She’s dead and that’s not going to change.

“I just… I mean you don’t have to say much, it’s just that I know you left Beacon Hills for a while but I have no idea what happened between then and when you came back.”

“Are you finished?” I asked.

He nodded to himself. “Yeah, yeah I’m finished.”

And then he went quiet. If there’s one thing worse than his incessant talking it’s his silence. He doesn’t realise it but he says far more when he says nothing.

I sighed. I knew I would have to say something.

“I left with Laura as soon as I could, we never really stayed in one place for too long.”

“Derek, you don’t want to say anything so don’t, okay?” I wasn’t expecting the frustration in his voice but I didn’t say anything more.

The rest of the trip was marred by silence. Clearly being locked up in an enclosed space was not a good idea.

It was mid-afternoon by the time we got back. He seemed to be cold with me still and I didn’t push him. For some reason he still decided to come up to the loft with me.

I don’t think I’ll ever understand what makes his mind tick.

I threw my bag down on the couch and headed into the kitchen to grab a glass of water.

I heard someone walking quickly down the stairs and at first thought it could have been Isaac but his scent was different. It was Jackson.

“Dude, where have you been?” He said.

Something was off.

“We went out of town, I told Scott and he told Boyd… why, what’s the matter with you?” Stiles said.

I could sense that something wasn’t right. He seemed frantic, he was already beginning to sweat and I could smell the nerves on him.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

He swallowed hard and looked me dead in the eye.

“It’s Isaac.”

* * *

Jackson didn’t have to say more than that for them all to get into their separate cars and drive to the hospital. Derek tried to question him about it but he said that Scott knew more than he did.

Stiles knew that something was severely wrong if Jackson was this worked up. He didn’t get worked up about much, but the pack was something that now had a whole new effect on him and it was hitting him hard.

Derek, well he was just unreadable. He had a dark expression and fierce eyes that actually kind of scared Stiles but he drove with them to find out what the hell was going on.

He made it to the hospital first and parked as close as he could. He rushed into the buzzing ER room and his eyes found Melissa McCall on the phone at the front desk. She looked up to see him standing there and covered the mouthpiece with one hand.

“Third floor, corridor on the left, room 42E.” She said, not even needing to ask.

He nodded thanks and rushed to the elevators. “Come on, come on, come on!” He hissed.

They were slow and sluggish and he was wishing he had taken the stairs. When it finally hit the third floor he practically forced his way through the doors. Running down the left corridor he frantically checked the ward numbers, C, D, E… E!

He entered the ward and didn’t have to look far for the room. Behind a shrouded curtain was bed 42 and he tore back the green sheet. Scott sat beside the bed, pushing the curly mop off of Isaac’s sweaty forehead and staring stoically down at him.

Isaac was quite pale, a tube extending from his throat and a drip in his left arm.

“Holy shit what happened?!” Stiles said and Scott looked up.

“I… I don’t really know.” Scott said croakily.

“He found him in the forest.” Stiles spun around to see Erica walking over to the bed, Boyd not far behind. They both had hard faces and Erica’s arms were folded over her chest.

The three of them looked up and Stiles heard heavy footsteps approaching. Derek and Jackson walked over and Derek’s face became even darker when he saw Isaac’s unmoving body.

He looked over him carefully, his mind ticking over as he tried to understand it. “What happened?” He asked without looking up.

“I don’t really know, he was practically unconscious when I found him.” Scott said.

“Practically?” Derek raised an eyebrow, clearly not impressed with the fuzzy detail.

“He was seizing when I got there.” Boyd said.

“Can someone please do this in chronological order?” Derek spat.

Most of them looked over at Scott who sighed. “He wanted to go for a walk, I don’t know, clear his head or something. I know his usual trail and I got worried about him when he didn’t come back so I went out looking and… and I found him struggling to breathe.

“That’s when I called Boyd and Erica to come and help.” He looked to them for help.

“We weren’t long, like Boyd said, he started seizing when we showed up and after that he’s just been unconscious.” Erica bit her lip, clearly worried about Derek’s reaction.

“Is he healing?” Derek asked.

“We can't tell.” Boyd said.

“So why bring him here?” Derek hissed.

“We tried calling Deaton but he’s not even in Beacon Hills, he’s gone until tomorrow.” Jackson said, clearly frustrated.

“There wasn’t really another choice Derek!” Scott said, raising his voice.

“You two,” He looked over at Erica and Boyd. “Get down to the clinic and see if you can find another number for Deaton or wherever he’s gone.”

“Can we even get into that place?” Erica asked.

“So hijack Lydia and get her to break the seal.” Derek growled.

“If you go through the back door you should be able to get in fine, it works for me.” Scott said and they rushed away quickly.

Derek looked up at the drip that they had running into his arm and looked as though he might push his hair out of his face like Scott had, but he didn’t.

“We tried calling you too you know.” Jackson said quietly.

Derek looked up with cold eyes, staring straight at Stiles, “yeah, I know.” He said.

Stiles tried to stifle his scoff by sucking his lips into his mouth but part of it made its way out.

“Hey, don’t blame him.” Scott said.

“Did I say that I did?” Derek snapped.

“You didn’t have to, it’s not like you could have done anything even if I did get through to you.”

“Scott, don’t. Like, really, don’t worry about it.” Stiles said. “He’s going to blame me anyway.”

Derek didn’t look at him; he just stared down at Isaac, trying to figure it out.

“Hey, we don’t know what happened so I doubt you could have figured it out.” Scott snapped.

“I could have been here.” Derek snarled, the two of them pulling back their shoulders with their nostrils flared.

“Whoa, chill out.” Jackson said, taking a step in front of Stiles.

In any other situation Stiles may have found that kind of sweet but he would have to revisit that thought at a better time because right now, Derek was ready to slash throats.

“You were with him before it happened?” Derek asked Scott.

“Yeah, so?”

“So take me to where you were. Now.”

Scott sighed and shook his head.

“Do you need us to do anything?” Jackson asked.

Derek looked from him to Stiles and back again. “You can come with me.” With a bitter glare he turned back to Stiles. “You… I think you need to go home.”

Stiles bit his tongue and nodded. “Yeah. Yeah I figured you’d say that.” He said in an equally icy tone.

“Derek you really need to-”

“Scott, just don’t, okay? Thanks, but I’ll be fine.” He said and Scott gave him a nod before the three of them headed out of the ward.

Stiles sighed, running his hand through his hair and collapsing in the chair next to Isaac’s bed.

“Oh Isaac, what the hell have you gotten yourself into?”

Jackson –

We headed back to Derek’s place. I swear this is just a big circle we’re going in. We don’t even know what the hell is wrong with him. How is this going to help? Whatever.

For some reason I have this churning in my gut that won't seem to go away. I’m pretty sure it’s a wolf thing because otherwise this pack is getting a little too intimate. So yeah, I’m going with the wolf thing.

We headed back to Derek’s place and Scott led us up the stairs to Isaac’s room. As he opened the door I whistled. It was a freaking mess in there. It was like someone tore the place up.

“What the hell happened in here?” I said.

I felt Scott’s mood change and both Derek and I looked over at him.

“We uh… we kind of had a fight.” He said sheepishly.

“You and Isaac? You and Erica maybe but what the hell would you and Isaac have to fight about?” I scoffed.

“None of your business.” He snapped.

“After you fought, is that when he left?” Derek asked, completely bypassing the amusement factor.

“He needed to cool off so he left. I felt pretty bad about it and he left his phone here so I wanted to wait for him to get back so we could sort it out. After an hour I got worried.”

“Take us down the trail you went. You said you know where he runs. Lead the way.”

I’ve got to say, not many people scare me, but right now Derek was looking pretty damn mean. He went after Stiles pretty harshly too. I don’t really care what that was about though, they can keep it to themselves. I don’t do drama. Not if I can help it.

Scott nodded and once again we were off, this time we were on foot. Which sucked. I mean I want to find out what the hell happened to Isaac too but now it’s just like we’re putting ourselves in harm’s way to figure it out. I guess we’re stronger in numbers this time.

* * *

Stiles had stayed at the hospital with Isaac. He was thinking about what the hell could have happened and why he wasn’t healing properly.

He was also pretty pissed at Derek for blaming him. He was always going to though, wasn’t he? If Stiles knew what Scott had been calling about he never would have hung up the phone, obviously. And Derek didn’t do a whole lot to get to that phone.

He shook his head. That’s not exactly the most important thing right now Stiles! He thought to himself.

He jumped as the curtain pulled back and Lydia flinched at the sight of him.

“Stiles! I didn’t think you were back.” She said, putting the bouquet of flowers down beside the bed.

“Yeah… seems like it was just the right time too.” He said.

She looked over at Isaac and nodded to herself. “So how was your weekend?”

“Can we not talk about asshole werewolf boyfriends right now?” He said and dragged his hands down his face.

She put up her hands and pouted her lips. “Say no more. If anyone can relate, it’s me.” She gave him a wry little smile at the end.

“What are you doing here?” He asked.

“Well… I just didn’t want him to be here all alone when he wakes up.” She said, sitting gracefully on the end of the bed.

If he wakes up.”

“Positivity Stiles.”

“What even happened? I mean what the hell incapacitates a werewolf?!” He said.

“I’m sure there are a number of things.” Lydia said.

“I’ve only heard of mountain ash and that so does not look like this.”

“Just because you haven’t heard of it doesn’t mean that it isn’t out there.” She said with a roll of her eyes. “God, Stiles, you’re thinking about this all wrong.”

“Oh really?” He said, folding his arms and she nodded.

“You can't just jump straight to what happened. Have you asked yourself why he was out in the woods at night?”

“He went for a walk to clear his head, and he’s a werewolf so why wouldn’t he be in the woods?” Lydia rolled her eyes.

“Why did he need to clear his head?”

“Well he-” Stiles let his mouth hang open as he tried to think of something and failed.

Lydia gave him a haughty smile and he rolled his eyes.

“Yeah okay. That doesn’t help us though.” This time he gave her a confident smile and she shook her head with a sigh.

Both of them jumped as the curtain was pulled back and Mrs McCall walked though.

“Oh! I thought you guys left earlier.” She said as she put her stethoscope in her ear and pressed the other end to Isaac’s chest.

“The others did. We figured someone should be here with him.” Stiles said and Lydia raised an eyebrow at him.

“Any change?” She asked.

Melissa shook her head. “No, I’m sorry. His lungs are still struggling.”

“What, uh, what exactly is wrong with him?” Stiles asked.

“Well, I’m just a nurse I’m not his doctor.” She said.

“But you do know what’s going on, right?” Lydia gave her widest eyes and Melissa sighed.

“We think it’s an infection, I’ve seen a few cases before and this strain usually attacks the lungs first, putting the patient in a coma. At this stage he’s doing better than the other ones I’ve seen but maybe that’s just because he’s a… werewolf.” She whispered that last bit, still pretty new to the whole thing. “They’re giving him antibiotics so hopefully that’ll do him some good over the next few hours.” She smiled and picked up his chart to mark off her check-up. “Honestly I don’t have anything else to tell you. If I find anything out I’ll let you know, he’s a pretty good kid.” She gave him a sad smile before she headed out to check up on her other patients.

“There you go, infection. So there must be something out there that’s poisonous to werewolves.” Lydia said.

Stiles nodded, his head already thinking things through. If they could figure out what was around him when he started reacting then they could maybe figure out how to stop it. He jumped up and Lydia just looked at him.

“Come on, we’ve got to get down to the woods where he went walking.” He said.

“What? Why?”

“We’ve got to figure out what this thing is because if the doctors don’t know, they can't treat him. We should have something to go on when Deaton gets back.” He said.

“And this involves me going into the woods to look for some werewolf kryptonite?” She asked derisively.

“Come on Lydia, I wouldn’t ask if this weren’t important. Look at him and tell me you don’t see the importance in at least trying?” He said.

She shook her head and closed her eyes before throwing up her hands. “Fine. Just one question; where exactly are we supposed to be looking?”

Stiles paused for a second, “that’s a good question.”

After sending a few dozen texts to Scott, to which he finally replied with a location, Stiles and Lydia were headed into the forest.

“I cannot believe I’m doing this.” She said as she carefully manoeuvred around sticks and leaves trying to keep up with Stiles.

“You didn’t have to wear heels.” He called back.

“I was going to the hospital, not on a hike!”

“Why do you need to wear heels to the hospital?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

Stiles rolled his eyes and helped her over a fallen log. “I think I see a path up here.”

“How do you know that this is even the place that Scott told you about?” She asked as they followed a much less arduous path into the woods

“You might be surprised but I actually know the place he’s talking about. We went there once to get drunk.” He smiled, remembering a simpler time.

Kind of.

“Why didn’t you just do it in your room like normal teenagers?” She said.

“Why don’t you stop bringing crazy people back to life… like a normal teenager?” She narrowed her eyes at him and he looked away a little guiltily.

“One of these days Stiles, you’re going to say the wrong thing to the wrong werewolf, and they are going to make sure you don’t say anything ever again.” She gave him a sweet smile and walked ahead of him.

“Hey, did you just threaten me indirectly?” He asked trailing after her quickly.

Scott, Derek and Jackson were already at the spot where they had found Isaac.

“Can you smell that?” Jackson asked, a strange scent filling his nostrils.

“Did you smell that last night when you were here?” Derek asked, turning to look at Scott.

“I can't remember, I was a little distracted.” He said snippily.

“Try.”

“Maybe, okay? I don’t know Derek.” Scott said.

Jackson’s ears picked up movement and a familiar smell filled his nostrils. “Lydia?” He called.

Scott and Derek turned to look in the direction of the scent. Derek’s nostrils flared when he realised that Stiles and Lydia were out here too.

“Derek!” Scott tried to grab him as he stormed over to the pair of them and grabbed Stiles by the shirt, pressing him roughly into a tree.

Lydia jumped aside and Jackson gave her a look. “What are you doing here?” He said.

“Trying to find something to help Isaac.” She replied. “I didn’t know that was against your little werewolf law.” She directed some of that at Derek and he snarled.

“I told you to go home.” He growled at Stiles.

“Yeah, and I didn’t. Scott’s mom told me that they think it’s an infection and I think they’re wrong.” Stiles said.

“This doesn’t concern you.” He scowled.

“Why? Because I’m not a werewolf or because you want to blame me for the fact that you feel guilty?” He wasn’t afraid and he balled his hands up in Derek’s shirt, pushing back just as much as he was being pushed.

“Get out of here.” Derek let him go and turned his back.

Fuck, Derek! You’re not the only one who wants to get to the bottom of this. Whatever’s happened to Isaac affects all of us. Not just you. And it’s no one’s fault.”

“Does anyone else feel like we just stepped into a lover’s quarrel?” Jackson asked.

“Shut up Jackson!” They all said in unison, causing him to fold his arms in a huff.

“Derek I know you’re angry about this but-” Scott started but Derek was in no mood.

“Shut up, all of you!” He roared. “Stiles, get the hell out of here and take Lydia with you. We’re more than equipped to handle this.”

“Gladly.” Stiles shook his head and Lydia grabbed his arm as they walked away, without a glance back.

Jackson and Scott exchanged a look, they could smell Derek’s fear, his panic, his pain. They knew that he was volatile because he knew this could be bad for Isaac. His anger wasn’t real, it was just masking everything else but he couldn’t hide it from them. You can't stop the pheromones from leaving your body when you feel something like fear.

That foreign smell just cemented his fear. This might not be something but someone, and if they know how to take down a werewolf there might not be much time left to help Isaac.

He’s not healing properly and they all know it.

Derek let out a shiver-inducing roar and slammed a fist into the nearest tree. As an alpha, feeling like you’re losing a member of your pack can tear you apart and now he’s gone and pushed Stiles away.

He didn’t mean it, he didn’t blame Stiles; he blamed himself for leaving. His pack, his responsibility. It didn’t matter if he couldn’t stop it from happening. He was the alpha and this was a part of his curse. The pack’s pain was his to bear, and right at that moment, he was in agony.

Scott sat in the hospital that evening with Isaac. Derek stayed out in the forest for a long time trying to figure out what he could smell. Scott knew he probably wouldn’t sleep tonight trying to find a cure for this, whatever it was.

He knew he couldn’t do anything. All he could do is be there in case Isaac woke up. He took his hand and the veins in his arm turned slowly black as he tried to absorb some of Isaac’s pain. He didn’t know if it was going to do any good, but all he could do was try.

Derek had his reasons for bearing the blame but Scott felt like it was more his fault than any. He knew the truth as to why Isaac was alone last night. He sighed as he thought back to that moment.

He knocked on the door of Isaac’s room. He hadn’t really spoken to him since… well since the last time he had been in his room. He had barely finished his second tap before Isaac opened the door and the two stood face to face in silence.

“Hey.” Isaac said softly.

“Hi…” Scott said.

Isaac pushed the door open and Scott walked inside, hands deep in his pocket and staring at his feet. He shut the door behind him and leant against the wall, knowing perfectly well why this was so stupidly awkward.

“Uh… look, I think you know why I’m here…” Scott said.

“Yeah… just, I mean I think you should just forget about it. I was pretty drunk.” Isaac smiled weakly and Scott nodded a little.

“Really?” he said.

“Well yeah.”

“Is that all?”

Isaac knew how hard it would be to lie to Scott, not only was he a werewolf but he was one of his closest friends. Not to mention the way he felt about him.

Isaac sighed and threw his head back. “I don’t want this to be weird Scott.”

“Why would it be weird?”

“Because it’s not like I can hide it! Can you honestly tell me that you don’t know what I’m thinking about right now?” Isaac said and Scott blushed a little.

Isaac’s scent was adrenaline mixed with arousal, and Scott couldn’t pretend that he didn’t smell it because they both knew the truth. He was just hoping that Isaac wouldn’t realise that he wasn’t the only one.

Scott hadn’t been able to stop thinking about it since it happened and it was driving him crazy. He was in love with Allison but he had never thought about Isaac like that before, he never had a reason to, but now there was a reason and it was staring at him from across the room with hunger in its eyes.

Isaac could smell it now too and he bit down on his lip as he tried to push it to the back of his mind.

“I guess I can't.” He said with a rasp in his voice that made Isaac swallow hard.

He took a few steps forward and Scott closed his eyes trying to think of anything else. Why had he even come here?

“Isaac…” Scott started but Isaac’s eyes were glowing in an iridescent golden colour and his chest was rising heavily as he tilted his head to the side, only a few feet away.

Scott shook his head but with a flick of his tongue to wet his parched lips Isaac lurched forward and took Scott’s head in his hands, slamming their lips together and propelling them both backward into the dresser.

Scott took a deep breath in through his nose and opened his mouth to let Isaac’s tongue slip inside and tangle with his in a hot wet mess that sent shockwaves through his body. Isaac rested on of his hands on the handle which snapped under the pressure and Scott took hold of his shirt just above his stomach and forced him back into the bedside table, knocking off the lamp and most probably damaging the counter but neither of them cared much as they toppled back onto the bed. Isaac rolled them over so that he was lying over Scott, their tongues dancing an intrepid dance that had Scott holding Isaac firmly into him.

He could feel their bodies hardening and Isaac let himself give in and ground his hips down a little. Scott felt his claws begin to extend as he flattened his palms against Isaac’s taught chest, accidentally grazing his side and drawing a little blood.

Healing instantly Isaac pulled his lips away from their torrid embrace and nipped at his neck. Scott heard himself emit a ragged breath and suddenly remembered where he was.

He shoved Isaac off of him and wiped his mouth as he stood back against the wall.

“Isaac I can't do this!” He said.

“Why not?” Isaac asked, panting lightly as he sat on the edge of his bed.

“This isn’t… I don’t want this, okay?” He said.

Isaac nodded. “Who are you trying to convince there Scott?”

“Don’t take it like that Isaac! It happens; sometimes people don’t want the same things!”

“So what the hell are you doing then?” He yelled.

“I’m telling you the truth.”

Isaac nodded again. “Keep telling yourself that Scott.” He stood up and punched the dresser once before heading for the door.

“Where are you going?”

“For a walk. Just… just let me sort myself out, okay?” He said sharply.

Scott sighed and Isaac left the room and then the apartment, and then headed into the danger of the woods that none of them saw coming.

Scott took his hand tightly in his and rested his head on the hospital bed as he listened to the sound of Isaac’s beating heart.

“I’m sorry Isaac.” He murmured.

He tried not to think about how this room smelt like the rest of the hospital, how it smelt like the end.

                                                          ~ ~ ~

A/N: And it started so well at the beginning of this chapter... sorry for all the angst. Hope I dont hit your feels too hard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 2.3K 26
When Derek's pack notice something a little off, they send Stiles to save the day of course because almost everyone knows that Derek has a soft spot...
240K 4.2K 64
Smut - (Mature Content) or (Mild Mature Content) Trigger Warning - At the beginning if there are any possible triggers
789 32 3
It's not Derek's fault when he's hurt he wants Stiles. He can't help the warm loose headspace the younger man pulls him into. Stiles didn't know when...
33.3K 911 7
Little did Stiles know that he was bitten by a werewolf who marked him as his mate. Now Stiles has to figure out who this werewolf is that wants his...