Fighting Blind [Published]

By ElannaMarie

"Answer my question," the mystery man growled but I simply continued to ignore him. Following where the power... More

Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1: Kei Valancia
Announcement For All Of You Lovelies!!
Chapter 2: Kei Valancia
Chapter 3: Ryker Dare
Chapter 4: Ryker Dare
Chapter 5: Kei Valancia
Chapter 6: Ryker Dare
Chapter 7: Kei Valancia
Chapter 8: Ryker Dare
Chapter 9: Kei Valancia
Chapter 10: Ryker Dare
Chapter 11: Kei Valancia
Chapter 12: Ryker Dare
Chapter 13: Kei Valancia
Chapter 14: Kei Valancia
Chapter 15: Ryker Dare
Chapter 16: Ryker Dare
Chapter 17: Kei Valancia
Chapter 18: Axel
Chapter 19: Kei Valancia
Chapter 20: Ryker Dare
Chapter 22: Ryker Dare
Chapter 23: Kei Valancia
Chapter 24: Kei Valancia
Chapter 25: Ryker Dare
SURPRISE
Chapter 26: Kei Valancia
Chapter 27: Kei Valancia
Chapter 28: Ryker Dare
Chapter 29: Kei Valancia
Chapter 30: Ryker Dare
Chapter 31: Kei Valancia
Chapter 32: Ryker Dare
Chapter 33: Kei Valancia
Chapter 34: Ryker Dare
Chapter 35: Ryker Dare
Chapter 36: Kei Valancia
It's Here!

Chapter 21: Kei Valancia

181K 8.2K 1.2K
By ElannaMarie

Was it totally horrible that I found Ryker's rage so enjoyable? Yes, yes it was. But you know, the mate bond is such a mysterious thing but you have to live with it.

I sat with amazement as his power engulfed the whole room, the dark glittery form writhing around his body. I relaxed deeper into the couch and watched silently as Ryker's black form disappeared a moment before reappearing behind the other outline of the Potato Man.

He was totally holding back on our fight, Rei pouted. I chuckled quietly.

Of course he was, I said. I watched as the Potato Man was lifted in the air and thrown across the room, over my head and crashing into the wall. Ryker hadn't let up however as his black outline appeared besides him in a flash. The walls shook as Ryker lifted him up and slammed him against it, his arm outstretched while his hand seemed to be clamped around his throat. I heard Potato Man's choked gasps and his hands scrambled to unwrap Ryker's fingers. I knew it would be impossible to do so.

Kei do something! Brad's voice said through mind link. I turned my head to give him a pouting look.

"Awe, but it's so fun. Come on, you have to admit that he was asking for it."

"Even so, if Ryker kills him Thomas's pack will be even more vulnerable from losing its alpha." I couldn't argue so I sighed and got up slowly.

"I hate it when you're right." Sighing again, I strode over to where the two men quarreled. The man was now on the ground while Ryker stood over him, his black power now pushing down onto Potato Man, I guess who is named Thomas. Before I interrupted however, I studied the way Ryker's power grew, filling the whole room with its intensity.

"Kei." I must have been standing there a bit too long as Brad warned me again.

"Alright alright. I'm going," I walked over and stood besides Ryker without touching him. "Come on King, we all know you're livid and you want to kill the man but let's try and let your anger out in a more productive way." He ignored me. Uh, excuse me? Honey, just no. "King, come on. Put the man down," I said again, trying to be soothing.

"Kei stay out of it," he growled back at me.

No. No. No. NO. Did he just growl at us?

Yes. And we're going to deal with that later but right now let's just ignore it, Kei grumbled.

"I know. But dang it he's lucky he's my mate," I muttered before finally laying a hand on his shoulder. Just as I did, Potato Man had to open his fat mouth once again.

"Why don't you listen to your little mate, King Dare?" I face palmed. He was really asking to die, wasn't he? Ryker made a move to do something but I wrapped my arms around his torso.

"Whoa there hot shot. Let's just let the Potato Man go and talk like civilized people. Sound good?" I patted his chest while I hugged his back. His muscles were coiled tight underneath my hands and I could sense his anger waning.

"Don't worry King-" I leaned over Ryker's side while unwrapping my arms and threw a punch at Potato Man's face. My fist made contact and that shut him up. Ryker still had a grip on his throat but not as tight as he was able to breathe more easily.

"Look Potato Man, I would really suggest that you shut your mouth." I reached up and gripped Ryker's hand that was around his throat, gently unwrapping his fingers. I managed to get Potato Man out of his death grip before he fell to the ground, his back sliding down the wall. I interlaced our hands and I pulled Ryker away.

"Well that was close. Maybe you'll learn your lesson to shut up next time." Thomas coughed loudly before I heard his sharp intake of breath. Ryker stood besides me quietly and I shot him a sideways glance. Even though he seemed calmed down, I could still sense the animosity underneath. His power was also writhing around like an angry snake.

"You-" I was cut off by an intense wave of heat and pain going through my body. I choked on my next words and gripped onto Ryker's arm like a lifeline. I honestly didn't know what was worse - breaking twenty bones or getting blasted by what seemed like a flame thrower. Why did the Heat have to be so painful? Sure, I get we are part wolf and needing to mate and all but isn't the monthly curse enough? I guess not. I could see Ryker's worry suddenly bloom around him.

Don't say anything. Follow me. My voice sounded weak even through the mind link, but I managed to drag him towards the door without stumbling.

"Brad, King and I have some business to attend to. We'll deal with Potato Man when we come back."

I didn't give him a chance to reply as I pulled the door open with unnecessary force and yanking Ryker behind me. He still hadn't said anything but I could feel his growing concern. As the door shut behind him, my knees collapsed from underneath me, the pain almost unbearable. It ripped through me like knives, tearing and burning everything inside. I hardly noticed Ryker wrap his arms around me to keep me from hitting the ground, my senses all blurry.

"Take... Me... Room..." My words were broken by my heavy gasps and pants. Seeming to understand, he immediately picked me up, hooking one arm underneath my knees while wrapping the other around my back to cradle me to his chest. I didn't notice how we suddenly appeared into my room, the black outlines of the furniture and walls blending together into an inky mess of black. Another shot of heat filled my body and I reached up and ripped my shirt off. I felt myself being lowered onto the bed, clutching to Ryker's shirt tightly. As he made a move to slide next to me, I slapped him weakly on the arm.

"What was that for?" he questioned, sliding his hand over my clammy skin. Almost instantly cool relief filled the places where he touched. I sighed in relief before relaxing slightly.

"After... All... Of this.... Is done, I require a.... Rematch." I was still out of breath from the pain and it still lingered just beneath the surface. I closed my eyes and my hand searched around until I finally found his.

"Why do you say that?" he sounded amused and I squeezed his hand lightly.

"Because you didn't fight with your full powers."

"What's with you and your need to fight me? Can you just be satisfied with your win?"

"No." He sighed. We lied there for a few moments in silence before I started saying, "The reason one being is that I practically abused you since you didn't even really fight back. You do know that it's okay to hit me for real when we're practice fighting."

"But you're a woman." I opened my eyes and stared at nothing. Literally.

"I respect your morals for not hitting woman. Actually, I think that's amazing but you have to know that I am stronger than what you give me credit for. The fact that I am a woman overshadows the fact that I am part werewolf and fae, and might I add born from very strong bloodlines, yet you treat me like I am made of glass. That's not bad, but there is going to be a time where I am going to be battling right besides you if you like it or not. So when I am in a practice fight, I'm going to throw real punches as if the person I'm up against was the enemy and I expect that other person to do the same."

When I was finished with my little rant, Ryker stayed silent for a long time. His hand stroked my stomach comfortingly. I opened my mouth to say something but quietly groaned instead as another wave of heat crashed over me. The Heat is something happens naturally in many animals. Such as wolves, dogs, cats, and so on. With werewolves, it's the same concept when the female begins to go into Heat and she is ready to complete the mating process with her partner, her body going through phases to speed it up. One of those steps would be a hormonal war going on throughout the body, which is one of the main reasons why I am sweating out of every pore that covered every inch of my skin while Ryker's touch provided a short reprieve of the inferno that is my body. To put it simply, it's just another thing that woman have to deal. Hurray, girl power.

I felt the bed creak as Ryker got up, his hand leaving my stomach. I lay still, clenching my jaw as the pain rushed back full force before Ryker slid back besides me.

"I'm sorry," he whispered against my hair, pulling me close to his now bare chest. The skin-on-skin contact helped greatly to ease the pain. Now it was a dull ache and my skin was slick with sweat.

"It's not your fault," I replied weakly. "Sometimes being a woman sucks."He chuckled and the vibrations were transmitted to my cheek which was plastered to his chest.

"Being a man has its downfalls too."

"Oh? And what would those be?" I had closed my eyes and ignored the stabbing heat as it became more prominent.

"For one, we have to beat other men with sticks to keep them away from our woman," he said in a serious tone.

"Its especially a chore with me," I teased weakly, not really meaning it.

"Yes, it is." He sounded grave. Chuckling, I drew formless patterns on his chest with my finger.

"I guess I should apologize then."

"Lune, I enjoy it." I wrinkled my nose.

"Why?" I felt his hand absentmindedly play with my hair.

"I let off steam that way," he answered.

"You do know that you'd don't literally beat them off with a stick." I felt the movement of his shrug.

"Let's not worry about the details." I laughed and felt my eyes droop. He rubbed my back in soothing circles, keeping the pain at bay.

"Stay with me," I mumbled as sleep began dragging me down.

"Always."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 65.9K 52
**COMPLETED*** This is book 2 and can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read "Fated" first. Something caught my eye and when I looked up i...
8.6K 789 66
Ryan King is an Alpha desperately trying to hold his pack together. Between the blood thirsty enemy packs wanting to take what's his, a council that...
4.8K 209 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...
181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...