MINE

由 Maggy-Mae

One million years into the future, a young man stumbles upon the truth about the destruction of humanity's fi... 更多

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Alternate Ending
Special Thanks

Chapter Sixty Eight

208 47 9
由 Maggy-Mae

Nathan remembered Brooke screaming and the world crumbling before his eyes. He watched Brooke die in the chaos and had no memory of how he got into the MoonEx bound ship.

"Virtual reality, Nathan. The shockwave must have been the introductory signal." She stated calmly.

Nathan knew exactly how the concept worked but couldn't believe it was used in such an elaborate terrorism scheme. It all made sense to him now. The best way to kidnap the brightest minds in the world was to make them feel they weren't kidnapped. No one will try to escape when there was nothing to escape to. He had to give it to the Colonel. The man was a brilliant mastermind.

"I saw images of the crumbling Earth from the window of the spaceship that brought me to MoonEx. It was like watching a movie. Those windows were screens, weren't they?"

He didn't need Nurse Reese to reply. The answer was right there in front of him.

"Why did Borgina let me believe all of it? There's no way she wouldn't have known."

"She must have done it to keep you away from Brooke. Listen, Nathan. From the first time I walked into your apartment, it was obvious to see Borgina cared for you. Unfortunately, you only had eyes for Brooke. Think about it this way. On MoonEx, Brooke will no longer be a threat." Nurse Reese replied.

Nathan didn't want to believe Borgina would keep a secret like that from him. She always looked out for him. Why would she allow him believe the pack of lies the Colonel told when she knew the truth?

"There has to be another explanation. Borgina has looked out for me my entire life." He stated.

"...and loved you through it. Is it that difficult to see?"

Nurse Reese recounted the 'Nathan's mine' message she found on her computer screen and showed Nathan her severed lower limb lying against a wall in the apartment.

"Borgina did that?"

"Yes she did. I don't know what else she's capable of but I'm sure she'll do whatever she has to, as long as it keeps you with her. That includes sabotaging whatever plans you have of leaving."

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

446K 16.5K 41
Walking into an empty house is normal to me. I guess I got tired of saying 'I'm home' when nobody is home to reply. It wasn't always like this. I re...
1.8K 53 28
**book one** Keep to yourself. That was the first rule to surviving a life on the streets. Don't concern yourself with any one but yourself, mind you...
88.6K 4K 65
In a world ravaged by ruins, the game of hide and seek takes a scandalous turn as Macon is whisked away from Earth by two smoking-hot aliens. Brace y...
210K 3.2K 7
[Wattpad Picks: Editors' Choice] In a world ravaged by global warming, there is the Offering: A rite in which every eighteen-year-old woman in each...