Alexis

By MWhisker_

REVAMPING | Chapter 3 in progress We were sitting on the roof of his car with our faces tilted towards the st... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 5

53 2 8
By MWhisker_

Alexis

Trent didn't show up in school the next day, which was surprising.

"Trent Grayson!" I pounded on his front door as the door swung open a brief moment later with Trent facing at me and straightened his clothes. "Nice bed hair." I commented as his hand shot up to give it a quick fix before giving me a thumbs up and a childish grin and I rolled my eyes at his childishness. He was different from his usual self today.

"Come on in then," he said monotonously as I went into his living room and he closed the door behind us and it closed with a slam, I looked at him as he apologised for slamming the door. He walked towards the kitchen with his back facing me. "What are you here for?" He looked back and locked eyes with me. He stopped in his tracks momentarily.

"I brought you burritos," his eyes lit up with the mention of food, "and your homework from school." His eyes then dropped, I suppressed a laugh as I placed the wrappings and the stack of paper on his dining table and swung my backpack off my shoulder before walking over to his bathroom and washed my hands. I re-emerged a moment after and slipped into the seat opposite to his, finding him had already gotten it unwrapped and was taking a bite off it.

"Tasty." He muttered his thanks and I unwrapped mine and joined him. We ate in a comfortable silence before he continued. "My mom would be back soon so we could just finish our homework in my room, if you'd like."

"Fine with me, where have you absent today though?" I asked as he stuffed the rest of his burrito into his mouth and folded the wrapping into a perfect square before walking to the trash bin and threw it.

He held up a finger, swallowed the food before continuing, which was completely unusual, for he was never a guy with manners. "Caught a cold."

I propped my head up and let out a noncommittal aww, "get well soon." The room fell silent, but I broke it. "...Trent?"

"Hmm?"

"What were you doing outside my room yesterday?" I asked, feeling ashamed of the question. He didn't want you to be sick, the sensible side of me scolded myself. I wanted to hear it from him, the other of side of me argued.

He was silent for a moment, as if he was debating whether he should tell me. I walked to his kitchen to throw the package away and I felt him inching towards me. "I just wanted to make sure that you're alright," he spoke softly that it almost came out like a whisper, and then I noticed how different was he comparing to his usual self. He looked with his brown eyes boring into mine intensely, immersing me in its intensity. He sounded so serious today, the cocky and arrogant Trent was gone. "I don't want you to get sick."I felt myself on the edge of blushing just by this sentence. I fanned my face with my hands to calm myself down, but the more I think about what did he just say, the more heat was coming up on my cheek.

This boy is driving me crazy.

No, wait. Scratch that.

This boy drove me crazy.

For a moment, I felt as if I couldn't speak as I stared back and the silence occupied the moments afterwards I adverted my gaze because I felt awkward looking into his eyes. My mind was racing and I realised my fear had came true.

I liked him.

I have never liked someone so intensely that it's terrifying. I couldn't stop thinking about him, whenever I try to push him away from my mind, he always came back, to claim it as his. It felt as though I had been in the wrong place all along, but when I saw him again on the first day of school, when we locked eyes with each other, it felt like I finally find the right place for me. I belonged in his gaze, his intense brown gaze, the way his eyebrow furrowed together when he was thinking hard, the way how he stroked his chin, pretending there was a beard in there, the way he hold his gaze with me and there was something in his eyes, in the way he looked at me that I couldn't explain. I liked every single part of him, the childish part, the cunning part, the charming part, the mature part, or even when he was dozing off at class.

He watched me with his head tilted to the sideways as I inhaled sharply, realising that I had been holding my breath all along. "But is it worth it, Trent?" I spoke softly, looking at him and frowned. "To be sick just to ensure my safety?"

He opened his mouth for a moment, as if he was trying to say something in return but thought better of it. He exhaled, "yes it was worth it." I felt like fainting with the amount of happiness I'm feeling.

"Why?" I asked, "I don't understand why would you..." I trailed off when he titled my chin upwards with his index finger gently. I jumped a bit at the sudden contact but soon relaxed myself, knowing that he wouldn't hurt me on purpose. His pupil dilated slightly as he fixated his brown eyes on me.

"Somethings are better left unexplained." He whispered and I felt my heart swelling with the amount of happiness I was feeling and I could feel butterflies flying wildly in my stomach. I looked away, suddenly feeling insecure. I had a lot of flaws and I didn't understand why would a guy like him would take liking on me. His hand wrapped my jaws and pulled me towards him a little too roughly to my liking as I let out a gasp of surprise and winced at the pressure his fingers were exerting on my jaw. His eyes widened a bit and his grip loosened. "Sorry," he whispered, looking guilty. I flashed him a small smile, indicating that it was alright and he didn't hurt me.

His beautiful eyes was fixed on me and I could definitely feel my heart beating wildly with each second of intense staring. He tugged a strand of loose hair behind my eyes and whispered softly, "God, you're beautiful." I had to close my eyes in order to prevent myself from blushing furiously. "You are the best thing that walked into my life."

It couldn't be real. I told myself, he was just lying. There is no way for him to like you back. You are not in a romance novel about two people being friends since they are babies falling for each other on the Internet. What is this? A romance story on the net?

Wait, I'm not falling in love with him.

Not... My train of thoughts were interrupted when he leaned in closely and I braced myself for the contact. My breath hitched when his lips brushed against mine lightly and I was overwhelmed by his scent. He whispered in a low voice with our lips brushing against each others while he spoke. "Kitten, tell me what you want. I'm afraid I can't control myself." I inhaled and looked at him with determination before closing my eyes, placed my hands on his cheeks and pulled his face towards mine as the response, closing the distance between us. He seemed taken back in surprise at first, but he soon returned the favour with his soft, plump lips. His hand on my jaw relaxed and it wrapped my waist protectively, holding me upright against his hard frame. "Trent..." I tensed up, starting to get insecure about myself and broke the kiss to mutter but his another hand, which was not holding my waist went up to my head and messed with my hair.

"Shh..." He murmured, "baby it's alright. I'm here." I widened my eyes in pure shock, realising what did he just call me. The jiggling of key was soon heard outside the front door and we broke the kiss, both of our directions were looking at the door. I took deep breaths, trying to calm my breathing and to calm my heart, which was beating wildly with what the shock that followed what happened earlier.

The door was then opened and his mom, an elegant looking woman with her gold locks tied around her hair entered the room with her arms full of groceries. Trent winked at me, trying to hint something but I didn't quite catch it as he walked over to his mom, taking the groceries from her hand and placed it onto the kitchen countertop. His mom placed the rest of the groceries onto the countertop before looking up and met my eyes. "Hey Alexis!" She grinned from ear to ear and ran towards me to engulf me in a hug. She hadn't change a bit after all those years, I thought to myself as I hugged back, smiling a bit at the familiarity of her warmth. We must've hugged each other for a longer time, because Trent cleared his throat and was glaring at us when we finally managed to detach from each other. His mom smiled sweetly and patted my arm as she told me to take care before walking back into the kitchen.

Trent grabbed my hand for my attention and I whirled around, blushing at the contact. "Alexis," Trent said at a low voice that showed a hint of authority in it. "My room." I crossed my arms over my chest and gave him the death glare, not obliging. He knew how much I hated people bossing me around, especially if the person was a guy. His expression softened as he ran his hand over face and sighed softly. "Sorry kitten. Can you go to my room and wait for a while? I promise I'll be back very soon." I smiled in satisfaction as I walked up the stairs and felt his longing gaze followed me up the stairs with the stack of paper.

I went up the stairs and turned left when I reached the second floor. I searched the white coloured room and entered it, closing the white painted door behind me. I sat down on his white coloured study desk and smiled at the familiarity of it, since it had been quite a while since I've last visited his room. There was a rack of books placed on top of the desk neatly, which he called them display books, in attempt to show his guests that he read books. I stood up and brushed my hands over the books, grinning from ear to ear when I saw the book he got from my bedroom 4 years ago. He refused to give it back to me since then and he obviously added the book to his collection of display books. His black laptop was placed on the desk, and textbooks scattered on top of the laptop and on the desk. I scrunched my face up in disgust as I picked up the textbooks and arranged them into a pile and placed it on the right, next to his wardrobe. I placed the stack of paper on top of it and sat down with satisfaction.

The door was then opened and Trent stepped in and slid onto the seat next to mine. "What are you smiling about?" He then froze in his track when he saw the tidiness of his own desk. "Your OCD's at it again?" He teased and I slapped him in the arm, laughing. He always teased me when I tidied his place, especially his workspace. I shook my head and took out my own homework and started working on it when I noticed him writing on his desk with his pencil. I leaned over his arm and watched him doodle an s in there.

"What are you drawing?" I asked out of curiosity and gave me a wink before working on it again. I rolled my eyes at him fondly before answering a few more math questions.

"Tada." He spoke in a childish voice and I was laughing so hard as he crossed his eyes and stuck his tongue out. I slapped his head and leaned over and found my name was doodled on the table. "Write mine below yours." I looked at him uneasily, since I was never one of those girls who could draw. "It's okay, Kitten. Write whatever you want."

I nodded and scribbled Trent Grayson below mine as he started working on his own name, turning it into a masterpiece. After a while he stood up and asked whether I wanted a cup of coffee, I nodded and he told me that he would be back soon with a smile. I watched him grabbing the keys off from the desk and closed the door behind him softly as I exhaled and my cheek flushed red with the moment in the kitchen.

Trent

Is it a bad thing that I am obsessed over her? My heart seemed to race faster whenever I thought of the moment in the kitchen where I claimed her lips. I wanted more. I wanted every single thing of her. I wanted her.

I wanted her to be mine. I wanted to be the reason for her smile, I wanted to be her knight in shining armour with a horse.

Okay that was cheesy.

If she were Rose, I'd be her Jack. But she isn't Rose, she is Alexis; and I'm her Trent.

I closed the door behind me lightly and walked down the stairs, grinning from ear to ear. "Where are you going?" I heard my mom's voice from the kitchen as I held up a finger to silence her and she gave me a knowing smile before returning to her work. I smiled at her and snuck out of the living room without making any further noise. I started my car and drove to the cafe where she bought her coffee for the first day of school. Yes I remembered it very well.

I got off my car and jogged over to the cafe, where there were students studying with their laptops in front of them and their textbook next to their notepads. I started to wonder if I should do the same, since I've seen Alexis did it once in the library, but I was never one of the students that will treat my school seriously unless necessary. I'm pretty sure my achievements in sports already made that up. "Hello there," the barista asked when I approached her and she flashed me a grin. "Do you need anything?" She asked, batting her eyelashes when I looked at her.

"Yes, one iced caramel macchiato please." She stared at me and frowned for a second before typing my order in. "Alexis." I replied when she asked for the name and she stopped batting her eyelashes when I mentioned her name, as if she got the hint that I was taken, which I actually hoped for it to be true. "Alexis, not Alex. It's spelt A l e x i s." She gave me a glare which was closely resembled to Alexis's death glare... The barista snapped her fingers in front of me and I jolted for a second, realising I had been too focused on her. I paid for the coffee and watched the barista waved me away with a look that I couldn't quite comprehend. I walked back to where I parked my car and slipped in before starting the engine. I thought of how she would react when she found that I bought a cup of coffee just for her. Would she hug me or would she kiss me again? Would she looked at me with her light brown eyes that silenced my inner beast, which was constantly consuming me? When the brunette with bright light brown eyes, dressed in a pink dress which looked like what would a princess looked like glanced at me on the first day in one of our classmate's birthday party, I knew it from my heart that I already belonged to her. I had been searching for someone special in my life for years, until I finally saw her on the first day of this year, with a cup of iced caramel macchiato and tripped on her way to her desk, I knew then she was the one. And that no other girl could catch my eyes anymore, except her, my Alexis Williams.

I didn't realise I was grinning at the thought of her until I snuck back into the house and found myself in front of the door to my room. I hid the cup behind my back and I pushed the door lightly, placing  the cup on the desk before seeing her standing in front of my window with her back facing me. I tiptoed over to where she was and embraced her from behind and heard her shriek in pure horror. I laughed and she elbowed my stomach. I winced and tackled her to the ground but I made sure it was my back that landed on the ground, not hers. She smirked and attempted to stood up but I reached out and wrapped my hand over her waist and tugged her down again. She let out a soft scream and straddled me. She then wrestled with me, trying to break free, and I was able to fend her off. She looked so beautiful even when she was acting violent.

Now tell me I'm not obsessed with her.

I easily fended her off for a few rounds but I soon got tired of it. I grabbed her by her waist with one hand and flipped us over so I was hovering over her. I looked at her lovingly and placed a strand of loose hair into where it belonged. I looked at her plump lips, which I've kissed earlier. I thought of the way her lips fitted with mine and how they moved when she talked or when she laughed.

Without any thoughts, I let mine met hers and she stiffened for a bit before relaxing again. She reached out her hand and cupped my face and the world around us faded away. There was only us. The two of us. In this room. Just us.

She pushed me away from her and she blushed shyly. I watched the red crept up from her neck to her cheek and she adverted her gaze. I closed my eyes, wondering why did she look away from me. Was it because she didn't like me? Because she didn't like the kiss? Because she liked another guy and I was standing in the way? I was driving myself crazy with those thoughts. I wanted her to like me, I wanted her to be mine, and I would fight until she's mine.

I felt her moving away and I sat up, watching her retrieve a guitar out of nowhere and her cup of coffee and sat down on the bed, as if she knew how to play it. I watched her as she placed her fingers on the fingerboard - oh how I wanted her fingers to be on me instead, exploring its way as I claimed her mine. I shook my head when I realised she was looking at me. "Hm?" I asked, running my hand through my hair.

"Is it right?" She asked softly and I had the urge to pounce on the bed and kiss the air out of her mouth.

"Not really." I cleared my throat, trying to clear my mind a bit as I climbed on the bed and sat myself behind her as I held her hand and fixed her fingers' positions so that it formed a chord. She smiled at me and asked me to teach her a song. Without any other thoughts, I taught her my heart will go on, which she never realised it. I was kind of glad that she didn't notice it from the chords, because I would be a nervous wrack when she realised it. What if she told me that she wasn't interested in me? What if she told me that she had a boyfriend?

I was never a guy that would be nervous in front of girls, because they always come by my side and flirted with me, but I never paid attention to them. They were beautiful, I had to admit it, but I couldn't see through their thick layer of makeup and fake smiles. I couldn't see their true personality. But Alexis is different. She was real, she was not a fan of makeup. she showed her true personality, though there were flaws and that made people dislike her. But I didn't care. This is her, my Rose. And I'll protect my Rose no matter what happens, I would always be there.

"Thank you for the coffee." She said afterwards, flipping around and saw her name written on it correctly. "Did you ask someone to write it?" She flashed me a big grin. I smiled back and I felt butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"Yea," I responded as she smiled sweetly and took a sip from her macchiato. "Thanks," she spoke softly and stared at me with her light brown eyes, and I was lost in their softness. I stared back and found myself leaning forwards uncontrollably. When my hand wrapped around her neck and brought her lips to mine, immersing myself in her smell, everything suddenly made sense.

All of the struggles in my life were gone for a moment, as if she came into my life and opened all of my windows and introduced me to sunlight again. She drove the sadness, the darkness in me and filled happiness and light in it. I was a whole new person when we locked eyes with each other back then.

There was something in her eyes that calmed me and drove my fears away and that I couldn't quite comprehend and I didn't bother figuring it out.

Because I finally found where I belonged.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: IMPORTANT

Mom, where can I buy a Trent Grayson?

I hope that you loved this chapter! And here are a few things I'd like to say:

1) My dears! I am done with my exams, which mean I have a ton of free time to write a few more chapters so yay for that. I will be rewriting chapter 1 to 4, so stay tuned for it. (I promise I will do it, really.)

2) You can make my day by pressing the star button on your screen and sharing it to your family and friends! <3 Thank you so much, it inspires me to write knowing that there's someone supporting me out there.

3) I knew what happened to Christina, and I am beyond heartbroken about the passing of my idol and my perfect role model. I love you Christina, and I'm pretty sure you're singing your heart out up there. You mean the whole world to me, you inspired me and encouraged me to do things I never thought I'll never be doing. I remembered I had to perform in the school hall in the morning assembly, representing my class, and before I went out there to the stage, I thought to myself: if Christina can do it, why can't I do it? Besides, I can make her proud, even though she may not know who I am. And so I did, because I believed. Mother nuggets, although you are gone from this world, I always know that you're inside my heart, encouraging me, inspiring me, you're up there watching over team Grimmie. I cannot write any further, it's not because I have nothing to write about, it's just because I'll become an emotional mess (which you don't want to witness... lol..)  All I wanted to say here is, #RIPChristina and you'll always be in my heart and I'll always love you, role model. You will be greatly missed. I love you </3

Here's a quote:

"Don't try to be someone that society wants you to be. That's stupid. So be yourself." — Christina Grimmie (1994-2016)

----------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 34.9K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...
1.9M 46.8K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
3.5M 89.8K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...
171K 3.1K 22
"Don't call me anything but Jade!" I scowled. "And what happens if I don't?" He took a step forward making me feel smaller in seconds. "I-i..." "Rig...