The Distance Between Us (BWWM)

By PRIDEISMYLIFE

Will Jayla and Luke be able to over come their differences. Will Jayla skin color stop Luke from being in lo... More

BIO
I Think You're Cute
A Long Night
A New Day
I Think I'm Falling For You
It Just Another Monday
I Forgive You
Interracial Problems
Date Night
It's Not You, Its Your Skin Color.
I'm Sorry Too.
Three Months After
Second Date
Meet the Parents
Nobody Wants To See Us Together
Graduation

A New Start

3.3K 56 2
By PRIDEISMYLIFE

"Luke get up, it's time for school." Jamie said walking by my room door.

"I'm not going." I said loud enough for Jamie could hear me. My dad is gone to work and his wife won't be back until Sunday. So I know I will be able to just say in bed until Monday.

"Luke. Don't make me go to school by myself on the first day." Jamie said, walking into my room, and taking a sit on my bed.

"Don't go." I said, pulling the covers over my head, hoping she will leave me alone.

"Luke pleases." Jamie said begging me.

"Okay." I said, giving in. "I be down in a second. " I said, getting out of bed and heading for the showers.
"Luke, hurry up!" Jamie yelled at me. She need to chill, she better be glad I'm going to school today.
"I'm coming." I yelled at her as I grabbed my phone and backpack.
As I walk downstairs, I see Jamie looking pissed at me.
"Jamie let go." I said, gabbing my keys and walking outside the door.

"Right behind you." Jamie said locking the door.

I see Jayla getting into her car with two other girls I wave and got inside my car.

"She's cute."Jamie said, getting into the car with me.

I always forget that Jamie is bisexual, and she loves messing with my girlfriends.

"Yeah, she is." I said, pulling out of the driveway.
"So are you and Lauren still dating. " Jamie asks me as I speed down the road.

"No. We broke up before I left." I said,thinking about Lauren, my ex girlfriend, for the first time since the move.

"Why?" Jamie asks pissing me off.

This girl can talk. She can't let nothing go.
"Because she is a hoe, and I know if we were still dating that she will eventually cheat on me. " I said shutting Jamie up for a few seconds.

"You don't know that. She could be faithful. " Jamie said, making me laugh.

"Jamie, really, Lauren, being faithful. She cheated on Shawn with me." I said. Shawn was one of my best friend until I let Lauren in between our friendship.

"She could have changed. " Jamie said as I pulled up into the school campus. I am so glad the school is not far from our home.

"Are you ready." I ask Jamie before cutting the car off. For some reason I am nervous. It feels like the first day of preschool, or worse freshman year of high school. I just need to get over it and act like a senior.

"Yeah. Let go." she said, getting out of the car. I followed right behind her. As the butterflies fly in my stomach.

Jayla Pov
I see Luke and I guess his sister before heading out for school.

"Who was that." Latoya asks me as I waved back at Luke.

"He new here. I met him yesterday at school." I said, getting into the car.

"New white boy at school. Dem white girls are going to cut up." Shatoya said. She wasn't lying every time we get a new white boy the white girls go crazy.

"And he cute. " Letoya said as I pulled out the driveway. I hope Luke and I have at least one class together, I want to get to know him, as friends nothing more.
I glad it doesn't take long to get to school because the twins are getting on my nerves with all this talking.
"Who do you think is going to be the first girl to date Luke?" Latoya asks as we pulled onto the school campus.
"I bet one of the cheerleaders." Sha'Toya said as she and LaToya got out of the car leaving me there alone for a second to clear my mind from their talking.

"See you two later." I said to the twins as I got out the car to meet up with Rod at his car.

"Bye" the twins said before walking their different ways.

"Hey, Jay." Dee said, getting out of the car to hug me.

"Hey Dee. Hey Rod." I said, hugging Dee back. It feels weird hugging Dee since he just a friend now.
"Do I get a hug?" Rod said, getting out of his car to join Dee and me.

"I'm saving the best for last." I said hugging Rod. "Have y'all seen Jazz?" I ask looking around the school campus for his car.

"She got the flu. " Dee said.

"Damn. Whom I'm going to work with for my senior project." I said getting upset.

"Maybe Mrs. Jones will postpone it until Jazz get back." Rod said.

"You know she wouldn't. " I said. Mrs. Jones will never postpone a project for one person.
"We need to be getting to homeroom before we late again." Dee said.

"Yeah. Let go." Rod said, grabbing Dee.

I have to walk to homeroom by myself since Jazz not here, which means I will not have no one to talk to in majority of my classes.

"Hey. Jayla." Luke said screaming loud enough for me to hear him as I walk down the hallway.

"Hey Luke." I said, turning around to see him and the girl from this morning.

"This is my little sis, Jamie." Luke said.

"He says little sis like I'm 10 or something." Jamie said making me laugh.

"Hey. Jamie. I'm Jayla." I said, reaching my hand out to shake her hand.

"So do you know where Mrs.Jones homeroom at?" Luke asks me.

"Yeah, I got her for homeroom,too." I said.

"I see you two later." Jamie said, walking away from Luke and I.

"I see good looks run in the family. " I said, smiling at Luke.

"Why would you say that?" Luke asks me.

"Because your dad is handsome, you are handsome, and your sister is beautiful. " I said telling Luke, I think He's cute.

"While. I guess you can say good looks run in the family. " Luke said as we begin to walk down the hall like a couple.
"So how long have you been going to this school? " Luke ask me as we walk to homeroom.

" Since kindergarten." I said to him as people stared at us as if we are aliens.

"I been to over 5 different schools. " Luke said making conversation.

" For what? " I ask him.

" Trouble. " He said making me think about Rod.

"Are you a bad boy, Luke Adelstein? " I ask him in a playful sexy voice.

" Maybe. " He said giving me a smirk, as we walk into homeroom together.

4th Period
Its 4th period the last class of the day for me, and I haven't seen Luke, Rod and Dee since this morning.

I have US History with Mrs. Jones, and I know she won't let me postpone who I'm going to be working with on my project.

When I walk into the class the first person I see is Dee and where there Dee there a Rod."What's up guys." I said taking a seat behind Dee and Rod.

"What up Jay." Dee said being loud, turning everybody's head. I playful punch him in the back when Luke walks in.
I got to know a lot about Luke this morning in homeroom. I believed we will be good friends someday.
Luke Pov

I'm glad it's the end of the day for me. I only have 4 classes. When I walk in I see Jayla. I hurry and took a seat in the desk right next to her.

"Hey." I whisper to her this class is filled with black people, unlike my other classes.

"Hey Luke." Jayla said back to me. "Dee, Rod, this is Luke." Jayla said making Dee and Rod turn around to face me.

"What's up." Rod said, looking me up and down.

"So where you come from." Dee asks me.

"California. " I said, turning my attention to him as Rod continued to look me up and down.
"Damn,mane. Cali. This dude said Cali." Rod said loud enough for the whole class to hear him. The whole class turned their attention on me. I quickly realized I'm the only white person in here.

"Well, you not in Cali no more." Dee said smiling. "You down here in Mississippi, look around you. "

"You guys are crazy." Jayla said play punching them both in their arm. I am glad she thinks they are playing because I think differently.

"So I hear we have a new student. Mr. Adelstein will you like to induce yourself?" Mrs. Jones asks me.
"Sure." I said, lying, but I stood up anyway. "My name is Luke Adelstein. I am from California. My favorite subject is math,and After high school I plan on being a lawyer. " I said before sitting down.

"Thank you, Mr. Adelstein."Mrs. Jones said."Now I will like to know who your partner will be for your end of the year project. Mrs. Jones said to the whole class. I have no idea who I'm going to work with. I'm new here and I don't know no one named, and being in a room filled with blacks didn't help.

Jayla Pov
Damn. I don't have no one to work with Jazz isn't here and I know I have to pick someone today.

"Mr. James, who will you be working with?" Mrs. Jones asks Rod.

"Dee."Rod said quickly and to the point. I wish he would have chosen me.

"Ms. Evans, who will you be working with?"Mrs. Jones asks me.

"I don't know." I said telling the truth. Jazz is not here and I have no one to work with.

"I work with you."Luke said out of the blue.

"Well, there you go Ms. Evans you and Mr. Adelstein will be partners." Mrs. Jones said without asking me if that was okay.

"You are okay with that, are you? "Luke asks me, unlike Mrs. Jones.

"Yeah." I said, forcing a smile on my face. I didn't want to lie to Luke, but I didn't want to work with him.
I know this morning I said I wanted to get to know Luke better, but now I take it back. I don't want to be his partner.
End of 4th period Luke Pov

I could tell that Jayla is not cool with working with me. I'm cool with it though. I shouldn't have put her on the spot like that.

I stop at my locker before going to my car, I have to put my books away.

"Hey Luke. I'm glad I'm working with you." Jayla said, walking up to my locker. I have know idea if she lying or telling the truth.

"Yeah. I'm glad to be working with you too." I said, closing my locker to look at her.

"So are you doing something after school?" Jayla asks me out of the blue.

"No." I said bluntly and in a hurry. Making she will be my first friend here, or at least an associate.

"So do you want to start working on the project today or do you want to wait until tomorrow?" Jayla asks me. I was hoping she would invite me someone.

"We can start today, do You want to work at my place?"I ask her.

"Yeah."she said."See you there."Jayla said as Dee and Rod walk up to her. Giving me a sign to leave her alone.

"Bye." I told Jayla before walking away from my locker to my car.

Jayla Pov
"Don't trust him."Rod said as we walk to our car.

"Don't listen to Rod."Dee said."But don't trust Luke." Dee said, repeating what Rod said, which didn't help me.

On my way home, I stop at Jazz house to see how she is doing.

I knock on the door and Ms. Wells answer the door, Jazz grandma.

"Hey Jayla. " Ms. Wells said.

"Hey Ms. Wells. " I said, hugging her. "I am here to see Jazz, I hear she have the flu." I said as Ms. Wells let me in.

"Yup the old flu bug bit her."Ms.Wells said."Go right up stairs."Ms.Wells said as she sits down on the sofa.

"Hey girl." I said, walking into Jazz bedroom as I cover my face. I can't get sick.

"Hey baby. " Jazz said.

"You are really sick." I ask her, she looks fine.
Yeah, but I am feeling much better."Jazz said, smiling to me as I smiled back.

"So let me tell you about this new guy." I said, sitting on a desk in Jazz room far enough away from her.

"Is he fine." Jazz said, sitting up in bed.

"Yeah." I said, taking a sit in her room.

"Do you have his number?" Jazz asks me.

"Nope, but I have his address. " I said. "He's my neighbor, and he is also my partner in Mrs. Jones class." I said, getting if nervous because I know how bad Jazz want to work with me.

"Wow. So who am I going to work with. " Jazz said, getting upset.

"I don't know." I said, smiling at her as I lift my shoulders and hands.

"I guess this a blessing from God. Maybe you two are partners for a reason." Jazz said smiling. "So what's his name."

"Luke. "I said.

"Luke. That said, like a white boy name." Jazz said, making me smile.

"He is." I said, smiling at her.

"Then maybe it's a curse. "Jazz said, laughing at the fact that Luke is white.

"I have to go." I said. " I need to get to the Luke house before he thinks I'm setting him up." I said before leaving Jazz room.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do." Jazz said, smiling at me, I gave her the finger as I left her room.

"Bye Jay." Jazz yelled at me.
"Love you." I yelled back at her as I made my way back to the living room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 1K 52
Josh and Gino like Maddie. But after they find out Maddie likes Josh. Will their cfriendship end? Or Will It continue?
14.4K 300 78
It's not always Black and White. Two potential lovers, who never realised how much they needed each other until they met. Bea, a black girl in a pred...
365K 12.2K 39
"𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’š π’…π’†π’π’š π’Šπ’•? 𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’π’” π’šπ’π’– π’•π’‰π’Šπ’π’Œ 𝑰'π’Ž π’Žπ’Šπ’”π’”π’Šπ’π’ˆ 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏, 𝑰...
10.1K 361 34
Alexis was not your typical high school student. She had no friends and was know as the school slut. Luke was not your typical high school jock. He...