Amira's Secret

By problem_solveit

For a span of two years, Amira, a twenty-year-old, discreetly avoids her mate within their shared pack. The l... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3 |Unedited|
Chapter 4 |Unedited|
Chapter 5 |Unedited|
Chapter 6 |Unedited|
Chapter 7 |Unedited|
Chapter 8 - Unedited
AUTHOR's NOTE
Chapter 9- Unedited
Author's Note
Chapter 10 |Unedited|
Chapter 11 |Unedited|
Author's Note
Chapter 12 |Unedited|
Author's Note
Chapter 13 |Unedited|
Chapter 14 |Unedited|
Chapter 15 |Unedited|
Chapter 16 | Unedited |
Chapter 17 |Unedited|
Chapter 18 |Unedited|
Chapter 19 |Unedited|
Chapter 20 |Unedited|
Chapter 21 |Unedited|
Chapter 22 |Unedited|

Chapter 1

6.9K 237 44
By problem_solveit

My heart races in my chest violently while the sound of rhythmic footsteps gets nearer, causing my body to freeze. I find my breathing coming to a swift stop.

It's dangerously quiet, the slightest of movement on my part will expose my hiding location.

The footsteps halt right near my location under the couch, and my mate's radiance causes my body to heat like a furnace. My senses are heightened at his presence, making my wolf dance around in a frenzy, wishing to escape.

His breathing is heavy from the chase, he's tired and I can sense his defeat, his frustration.

After he searches and fails to find what- or should I say who, he's looking for, a heavy sigh escapes his lips and he retreats silently, shutting the door behind him.

I lay under the sofa for several more minutes, until I know it's safe to come out from hiding.

I slide out from under the furniture and stand, then proceed to brush the dust attracted from the ground away from my clothing.

Amira, please, go to him . my wolf  Amina begs.

I don't respond to her plea but rather make my way home where I find my sister Salina already laying silently. Soon after, I too fall asleep after completing my nightly routine, it has been a long day and a good night's rest is more than needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm up before sunrise,  prepared to begin my day's labor. My younger sister, Salina, is still buried in her dreams and I thoughtfully allow her to sleep a while longer.

Usual duties of pack omegas involve doing house chores and serving members of higher rank. My rank as omega makes me subject to ridicule by higher rank members of the pack, but my rank isn't the sole reason for the hatred I and other omegas are victim to.

I and other omegas of the Daniels pack originated from Morocco. There was a war amongst members of our original pack. Throughout the years of the quarrel, the conflict became too much to bare. Many lives were lost, and many people were injured. A result of the conflict was the fleeing of about 100 members of our pack. For months, we traveled hoping to find a pack that was willing to accept new members or accommodate us during our search for a new home.

Many packs were unwilling to accept us and a few even accused us of being spies and roughly escorted us out of their territory.

After two Months, our search lead us to North America where we were ambushed. More than half of what was left of our pack was killed by devious rogues. My parents, relatives and close friends of ours lost their lives that day. Only the children and a few adults survived.

The event occurred right near the border of Alpha Daniels' territory. After the attack, Alpha Daniel and other pack warriors had appeared, shocked of the occurrence. Alpha Daniels is a kind man, and thoughtfully welcomed us into his pack as new members.

While Alpha Daniels had received us so generously, other members of the pack weren't as compassionate and greeting. We were viewed as a threat to other members of the pack. Members were afraid of losing their positions and also disliked the thought of having to make moderations in their homes in order to accommodate 30 new members.

In order to appease all pack members, Alpha Daniels came to the conclusion that the only way to have  us join his pack without opposition from his original pack members, was to make the incoming members omegas. We would still have a pack to join and no longer hold the title of rogues, while other pack members could feel unthreatened and keep their rankings.

After assisting the chefs in preparing breakfast for the higher ranked members living in the pack house, I hop onto my bicycle and make my way to " Wolf's Diner" my employer.

I began working there at the tender age of fifteen,  Mariel, the owner of the diner, had been so kind to allow my fifteen year old  self a job during difficult times.

To make an extended story short, once I got to the age to enter high school, I began having expenses that I never worried about in previous years. I began working to tend to the financial needs of Salina, and also,  at the time,  I was working to save up for a college education. I had dreams of attending a university and becoming a pediatrician, but I accepted the reality that my dreams weren't within reach. While working several jobs at a time, I was unable to focus on my education and allowed the world of adulthood to end the little childhood I had. A college education would cost time, energy, and of course money, which I never seem to have enough of despite how much I save.

I'm distracted from my thoughts once I hear the "ding"  of the door bell, indicating someone has entered the diner. The diner had  just opened, it's been fairly slow. Customer's typically don't begin piling in until  around eleven or noon.

"Amira, can you please attend to the customers that just walked in" Mariel says from the kitchen. I nod in response, and reach into the pockets of my apron to obtain a notepad, in which I write customers' orders.

Standing behind the diner counter, I view six members of my pack seated at table one. Being an omega, I was afraid of the type of contempt I would face once I went to take their orders. There was one person in particular I was afraid of being in any form of contact with, and that was Cora. Cora, comes from a family of Gamma's. Her brother, Nathan, was the current third in command. She was of high rank and of course affluent and used her family's lineage to her advantage.

For years, I had managed to avoid attracting the attention of any of the higher members of the pack. It wasn't until a few months ago that I came into direct confrontation with Cora. A few months ago, she'd caught  me hiding in a coat closet, during one of my runs from Leo. She had questioned me about what I'd been doing  and unable to tell the truth I had refused to answer. Then, the situation worsened once Leo had seen her and began heading in our direction. I'd begged her to pretend she hadn't seen me and steer him in another direction and oddly she had complied.

Since then we hadn't spoken, but I know she has knowledge of who I was to Leo. You might assume I should be thankful for what she had done to protect me that day, but I'm not ignorant to her and my mate's friends-with-benifits type relationship. I assume she keeps my secret because of her own interest in Leo.

The thought of my mate bedding another female obviously isn't to my liking, but I'm not in a position to complain. While he's been searching for me, I've been doing my best to run from him for the past two years.

I pause briefly before finally mustering up enough courage to walk over to the table. Bowing in respect of their presence, I then proceed to ask "What would you like to eat?"

"I'll have a blueberry pancake, with extra syrup and some butter on the side" says one person

" I'll just have some toast and coffee" says another,

" Bacon and scrambled eggs"

"Bacon and pancakes"

"Just coffee"

And finally, an order from Cora, "I'll have some french toast and coffee " she says while directly staring at me and actually acknowledging me unlike the others who had just stated their orders while playing on their cellphones.

" I'll send your orders to the chef, your food should be prepared in about 15 minutes" I say respectfully and bow once more before heading back to the kitchen to give Jeff their orders.

While setting their dishes on a serving platter, I hear the ding of the entrance door once more, indicating a new customer had arrived. I speed up my work so I can attend to our new customer, but Cora announcing Leo's name causes me to halt.

My breathing accelerates and all clamor around me seems to fade as I contemplate what to do. First, I am shocked to even see him at the diner. Leo typically ate his breakfast at the pack house and I knew this because I prepared it for him every morning.

I've mastered the game of hide and seek, but I've never dealt with this challenge at my place of work. At work, I'm obligated to attend to our customers and converse with them, and avoiding him is going to be difficult if I'm expected to take his order and serve him.

I'm still curious as to what brought him to the diner. Cora, perhaps?

The platter shakes in my hand as I allow my nerves to take control.

I continue pondering my options. I could attempt to convince Mariel to complete my work so I can hide until he leaves. I can avoid making eye contact and physical contact with him. Hiding my scent would not be much of a challenge though. Finding your mate was like( sorry to use this metaphor) sensing the emission of someone's flatulence. There's a clear scent but, if you're in a crowded location the source of the odor is unclear.

My third option, and most dangerous option, is to make a run for it, but there is no doubt that I would lose my job if I were to leave without informing Mariel or the Chef. But, how do I explain to Mariel that I 'm running from my own mate? My own sister has yet to know that I've even found my mate, let alone my employer.

"Omega, are you going to just stand there or are you going to bring our food?" someone asks rudely, snapping me out of my trance.

I nod my head and cautiously begin walking to their table

" For pete's sake, speed up ! What are you deaf? We all have places to be " says one of the pack warriors seated at the table. I can sense his agitation and it is making me uneasy. I feel the  surfacing of my anxiety once I notice several eyes glaring at me with anger.

My breathing slows and I suddenly become clusterphobic , my shaking body is now visible to others and while in this state, all I can manage to think about is my mate, who is likely witnessing the entire ordeal.

Seeking  to get out of this situation, I walk quicker, while trying to keep the platter stable under my shaking hands but failing miserably.

At the moment I reach the table and am about to set the platter down, I hear an unexpected menacing growl which causes a reaction from me and next thing I know, I'm one tile floor covered in food and surrounded by shattered plates. The laughter from the people at the table, informs me that this was planned, and likely by Cora as well. From bringing her colleagues here, and to Leo's arrival, I knew that she had come to the diner with the sole intention of embarrassing me.

I pretend to ignore their laughters and begin picking up the broken pieces and placing them on the platter.  I make sure to keep my head down and my eyes far from Leo's. I'm not only ashamed of my current appearance but I'm afraid that my years of hiding will come to an end if we were to get into physical or visual contact.But that's all easier said than done, keeping my distance from him is easier than keeping my eyes from him.

Rushing to clean up the mess, I panic once I see feet beside me.

"Are you alright?" his voice alone causes me internal conflict and my breathing comes to a halt again. I nod to avoid having to speak and make sure to keep my eyes from meeting his.

Reaching for my hand, he aims to grab a shattered piece from my grasp, but I'm quick to retract my hand as if his own carried silver.

"Sorry, I was simply trying to help" he says, assuming he'd done something wrong

I regret my actions instantly and open my mouth to justify my reluctance for his help.

"No, I just feel wrong for accepting your help. This is my mess after all , I should be the one to clean it up" I explain with a low voice

"You're from our pack?" he asks changing the subject,  while helping me cleanup despite what I had said.

His question saddens me but also causes me relief. I'm saddened that my mate has no knowledge of who I am, but also relieved of the fact because that means my years of hiding have been successful.

"Yes" I respond quietly still managing to stay calm with my head down, despite his close proximity.

I finish cleaning up with his help and stand aiming to escape and hide in the kitchen. I excuse myself and begin walking away until I hear a call.

"Wait" he says. Unable to refuse the Beta's command I freeze.

I hear his slow strides behind me until he comes to sudden stop.

" I don't think we've introduced ourselves. My name is Leo, but I'm sure you already knew that. You are my mate, right? " he says to my bewilderment

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, How are my favorite readers? So this is a new story I'm writing. Ive been thinking about writing it for several months now but, was always too lazy to start.

I'm really going to need support from my readers to continue on with the story, so please

Leave comments

Vote

And Share this story

Thank You <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 11.3K 24
For Keira, finding her true mate, should be one of the most exciting time of her life. But what happens when it doesn't turn out as she expected. Or...
1.5K 64 32
Amira Altaha has lived her entire 18 years alongside the natural - and supernatural. In her hometown city of Morrowfalls, it isn't unknown to be work...
274 29 22
Follow Arabella on her path to discover who she really is... The secrets that were kept from her. What will happen when she find out who she reall...
1.2M 33.4K 25
When your mate is an Alpha and you're the rogue that causes all the trouble, you can't exactly go up to him and say "How's it going big guy! Even tho...