Nothing Wrong With Being a To...

By Dostomozartsky

People say that love is in every corner... looks like Riley's been walking in circles. You see, Riley is a pr... More

Chapter 1: Bats, Punches, and Crushes
Chapter 2: Overconfident Tomboy
Chapter 3: Deal With an Imp ✔
Chapter 4: First Date ✔
Chapter 5: Little Did He Know ✔
Chapter 6: Riley Benjamin Doesn't Blush
Chapter 7: Weak Truth
Chapter 8: The Tomboy, the Player & the Wardrobe
Chapter 9: Cupid Takes Over
Chapter 10: A Night to Remember
Chapter 12: Bad News, Good Miseries
Chapter 13: Crushed From Rolling in Woe
Chapter 14: Shanghaied By Feelings
Chapter 15: Lies and Other Agonies
Chapter 16: Loss of Bravado
Author's Note: Please Read
Chapter 17: A Drop of Love in the Ocean Of Hopelessness
Chapter 18: The Word Left Unsaid
Chapter 19: New Start; New Costume
Chapter 20: In Your Deadly Arms
Chapter 21: Rout Even
Chapter 22: Going Out of My Head
Chapter 23: Throwaway Twofold
Chapter 24: Fraidy-cat's Nods
Chapter 25: Through Gardenias
Chapter 26: Soppy Hearts
Chapter 27: Better, Restored, Lovelier
Chapter 28: Ringed Happy Luck of Ours
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End
Acknowledgments

Chapter 11: Lost in Our Hands

51K 1.3K 545
By Dostomozartsky

|Andrew|

  “Go faster! Boba! What the hell do you think you are? The snail’s granny?!”

    “Shut up! And stop moving! It’s making me hotter!”

    “What the fork do you want me to do? I’m melting here like the freaking Wicked Witch of the West. Go faster! Faster!”

    “Do you want me to stop now? ‘Cause if you keep whining and complaining, I’ll stop and kick you out.”

    “I’ll be the one driving before you can kick me out. Let me drive!”

    “No! This is my truck and I’ll be the one driving. We’ll be there. Just in time, you’ll see.”

    “Boba! I’m serious! I’ll die if you don’t press the pedal gas.”

    “Will you shut up?! Let me have some peace, for the love of Megan Fox!”

    The scorching old leather seat—that was underneath me—was stuck at my limps' bare skin and the humid breeze puffed a hot vapor on my face, making me wish to stop the truck and ran away from this burning sun. The road was deserted and somehow I was expecting for an exotic animal to make us company but nothing accompanied us. I wish my ears could be pleased with some good music but since this truck is timeworn, the radio doesn’t work.

    “Boba?” Riley whispered from the passenger seat, “I intend to go to the beach at daylight, not at night, so go faster.”

     I glanced at her and saw the strands of her hair stuck on her sweaty face, “I’m going fast, Riley. And this road is a shortcut; I know this was the way dad took when we went to the beach last summer. Just let me do this. And shut up!”

    “It’s a long-way that’s what it is! We’re going to be late!”  

    “Well, if it wasn’t for the sleeping beauty that woke up thirty minutes ago then maybe we will already be there with them.”

   “I’m sorry! I couldn’t sleep! What did you want me to do?”

   My glare silenced her just in time before she could ramble what happened last night. I snapped my sight back to the main focus: the heated road. In some way, I thought the air will be awkward since last night, but I was wrong. It was normal… more than normal. Riley was happy, and I knew why.

  “Are you mad at me?” Riley asked insipidly, “You seem really off.”

  “No,” I retorted, “How ‘bout we talk about my moment of silence?”

  “Gees, talk about crankiness. And I thought I was grumpy.”

   My conscious sense opted to ignore her obnoxiousness. I knew I was mad. I was pissed, angry, frustrated, insane and in love. That’s why I’ve been acting so stupid lately. Because of her. I took one last glance at her and thought silently, I’m aching because of you, all because of you.

   No wonder I’m acting like this, her rosy glimmering face increases in its beauty and it slowly captures every single inch of my existence. Everybody thought she was beautiful last night—and she was—but to my view, I see that she gets more beautiful every day. Each day that passes, each day that beauty kisses Riley’s cheeks and leaves a bit of its magic.

   Just to think about the girly side of Butch makes my scowling face soften in a smile. How my heart began to sprint—last night—to throb until exploded. The horrible sensations that I felt when I saw her are still tangible; my eyes were glued to her delicate figure, my heart suddenly became numb due to so much pounding, beads of sweets were formed on back of my neck as the killing butterflies—along with the love bug—slayed my huge ego.

   I’ve never felt so stupid in my whole life. And when I tried to talk to her stunning self, my confidence crumbled, “I’m a little bit hurt, that’s all. As in physically hurt… you know, I was punched a couple of times.”

  “Oh. But don’t laugh, ok.” And while she dialogued with me, a smile was splashed onto her glossy and enchanting lips. I can’t explain how I felt when she smiled at me; I just knew that I was deeply in love with that butch—who looked like a princess. In fact, I might call her my Princess Leia.

   Focus, Andrew!

   Those lips… I kissed.

  Do you know the meaning of focus, Andrew?

  “Riley?” I was going to be brave and explain to her why I was mad and maybe I’ll… be brave enough to confess her my love.

  “Yes?” Butch glanced at me with a foolish grin on her face, like those you have when you’re in love.  She’s thinking of Ayden…

  “Never mind,” I shook my head and fixed my eyes at the road.  A frown emerged as I thought how I kept twirling around  my bed; thinking about her beautiful self.

   As soon as she left the table last night, Ayden excused himself too and said he was going to the bathroom. I didn’t buy that crap, so I followed him. And after escaping from my aunts’ hugs and kisses, I arrived at the patio. I hid behind a wall and made sure not to emit any sound. And there he was, good old son of a…

   Ayden was whispering serenades and compliments to a trapped Riley who was obviously blushing.  Rage crept inside my body and I wanted to punch Ayden so badly.  But I stopped myself, I mean, that was what Riley wanted, right?  She deserved it and I wasn’t going to let something interrupt her happiness, not even my stupid feelings.  That I have control over them, right?

   I was going to leave—I couldn’t bear the scene—but a seducer’s voice stopped me, “You know… you look beautiful tonight.”

   My mouth took life of its own and started to curse a man named Andrew Lukewood.  I wasn’t able to tell her that because sometimes Riley is so damn naïve. But the fact that he told her what I wanted to, made my face boil.  However not long enough, I heard some clacks and suppressed squeals that dared to interrupt my raged thoughts.  I peered back and saw Riley jumping and smiling like a fool, but there was no sight of Ayden.  So I hurried back to the table and hunted Ayden, but still he was not there.  The only place he could be right now is in his bedroom, I thought as I jogged the steps that lead to the second floor.

   “Ayden!” I hollered with furrowed brows when I knocked his door. “Open!”

   After a few seconds, I heard some footsteps and the door opened, “Hey, Andrew, what’s the—“

   Before he could finish his question, my fist crashed against his chin. It sent him backwards and made him fall on his back.  “You bastard!” I grabbed his shirt and pulled him on his feet. I wanted him to face me.

  “What the hell?!” Ayden widened his eyes when I was about to punch him again, but he decided to shove me against the wall. “Andrew, calm down!”

  “If you hurt her, I swear,” I didn’t even end my threat. Rage took control of me and forced me to punch him again, to manhandle him around the room and to destroy his player’s smirk. As if assaulting him will destroy the image of Riley blushing because of him.

  “You done?” he asked swiping a bead of blood that lingered between his lips. “Andrew,” he panted and winced, holding his free arm up in surrender, “please, talk to me.”

  My scowl unstiffened into a grim as I sighed hoarsely, “Sorry, man.”

  “What?! What the hell is your problem?!” He looked actually amused and upset… and somehow, I was amused too. This wasn’t the first time we fought and I’m sure it wouldn’t be the last. “Come on, what happened?”

   “What happened? Well, let’s see, shall we?” my sarcastic tone gave me away, I was pretty pissed—jealous actually, “First, you flirt with Riley in front of me. Second, you didn’t stop staring at her while we ate. And third, you followed her and said something stupid like ‘oh, you look beautiful tonight’.”

   “And?” he shrugged his shoulders.

   “And?” my eyes blazed in anger, “And?”

   “She’s not your girlfriend, Andrew.  Don’t forget that little detail. Besides, I wasn’t lying when I said that,” and a smirk curled his lips as soon as he finished.

   He was right but still, “Ayden, I swear that if you hurt her, I’ll beat you so badly you’ll end up unrecognizable.”

  “Are you in love with her?” his smirking face turned into a serious one, “Are you?!”

  “No! She’s my friend! Nothing else!” I lied effortlessly.

  “Then why so much jealousy and possessiveness?”

  “Because,” I took my time to reply, “She likes you.”

  There, I said it. I wasn’t lying but maybe I shouldn’t have said that. A blank look crossed Ayden’s face because of my bluntness, “She-she-she likes me-me?”

  Did he just stutter? “Yes, Ayden, that’s what I said,” I hid my angry face away from him.

  “What? She likes me? Are you serious?” I was actually surprised at his reaction after I stared back at him. It was like he wasn’t expecting that, “I mean, did she tell you something?”

  “Yes. Ayden what the heck? I thought you suspected that.”

  “No,” he started to laugh, “Not at all! I thought she hated me! I mean, she forgot my name and even ignored me!”

  “Oh,” I chuckled, “well, that’s Riley.”

  “She likes me? You’re not joking, right, Andrew?” Ayden was actually reacting like a teenage boy happy to know that a girl likes him. Which is really odd since it is normal for him to know that girls are attracted to him. “Dude,” he laughed amused and happy? “She likes me!”

   “Just kill me,” I muttered, walking towards the door, “Just take me.”

   “She likes me! She does like me! Whoop!”

   I closed the door behind me and sauntered to my room, but not before stealing a weird look from my family.

   “Andrew? Boba!” Riley’s shouts brought me back from the flashback of last night.

  “What do you want?!” I involuntarily snarled, glancing back at her with a stiff frown on my face.

  “I really like your family. I wish I had a family like them,” she smiled and went back to admire the landscape but I just couldn’t stop looking at her.

   Her words tormented me and I was forced to pay attention to the road. “You have,” I said severely though I meant good.

  “What?”

  “I said you have a family like mine,” I glanced at her and back at the road, “You’re more than welcomed back to a family reunion. They like you and I’m sure they will be okay if they know the truth.”

  “Oh,” she lowered her gaze, “Are we going to tell them that we were faking?”

  “I suppose. You know, I’m not used to lie that much to my parents,” I forced a laugh and continued, “You look sad, what happened?”

  “Are you bipolar?” She asked genuinely and I couldn’t help it but laugh.

  I guess I am. Just a second ago, I was jealous and mad and now I’m worried about her, “No or maybe I am.”

  “Anyways, I wouldn’t be able to tell the truth. Imagine what Ella could say or think of me?”

  “Relax, let’s just enjoy this hot weather now and then, we’ll think of a plan.”

   I never believed in leprechauns or in imps that hit us with bad luck but now will be good time to believe that one of those minions cause the truck to stop. The engine was coughing and I could feel the frustration roasting my head.

  “Oh, this is just great!” I smacked the steering wheel with my hands and started to curse loudly.

  “What just happened?” Riley asked apprehensively. “Did the car died?”

    “No… the truck just decided to take a nap. Of course, Butch!” I snapped with exasperation transpiring from my pores as I climbed off the truck and opened the hood of the old truck.

    “Now what are we going to do?” Riley soon appeared by my side.

    I looked down at the hissing motor engine and as I expected, the hot weather fried some cables and the engine was cooked. “Call Ayden and tell him that we are stuck in the middle of the road.”

   “Will you call him?” She pouted. “I have to pee, I can’t call him if I’m in doing the potty dance, you know.”

   “Whatever,” I sighed and took my cellphone out of my pocket. “Here, after you finish doing ‘the potty dance’, call him. Go! I’ll be busy trying to fix this crap of a truck.”

    I extended my cellphone to her and she snatched it off my hand, “How did you know I was lying?”

   “It’s simple. You pout every time you lie. Now, go! It’ll be dark in a couple of hours so you better hurry.”

   “Wow. That well you know me, Boba?” she flashed a smile and headed to the copses that were neighboring the melted road.

    I continued to check the engine but the vapor limited me. It was so freaking hot, I was able to do anything to go back and take a shower. Droplets of sweats were rolling down from my temple. Even a couple of sweat beads—that lingered in the back of my neck—rolled down to my back.

   The sticky and uncomfortable feeling my sweaty back made me feel, obliged me to take my tee off, leaving me only with a white tank top. “This is just freaking great,” again with the sarcasm, yes, I can’t control it.

   Feeling upset and useless, I closed the hood and swung the shirt over my shoulder. I ran my hand through my wet hair, and inhaled as much oxygen as I could. But without prior notice, some screams were heard from the little forest.

   Riley!

  I ran through the woods and yelled, “Riley!” worriedly. I was thinking the worst. Could she be hurt? Did someone capture her? Did she fall down of a cliff?

  “Riley!” I yelled again, ignoring the scratches the some spiny twigs provided me.

  “Ah!” she screamed, fear could easily be distinguished.

  “Riley! Where are you?” I stopped and turned around, trying to locate her.

  “Boba! Help me!”

  Finally, after following her voice, I eyed her scared face, “Riley!” I caught her attention but she glanced back at the ground.

  “Andrew,” she whimpered, staring down at the ground with shaky legs. “There’s a-a-a—“

  “A spider?” I asked confused when I saw the big tarantula moving closer to Riley.

  “Stop laughing, Boba!” Riley shot me a glare when I started laughing.

  “Sorry! I just didn’t expect this, Butch. Maybe a snake or a puma but a spider? A little itsy bitsy spider!”

   I continued to laugh but the laughter was interrupted by a heavy weight that suddenly hung from my neck. Involuntarily, I raised my hands and secured Riley in my arms, holding her bridal style. “Please, stop laughing,” she looked up at me with teary eyes.

  “I’m sorry,” I whispered my apology when I perceived her phobia of spiders. Maybe for me was a joke but for her was a nightmare.

   I carried her back to where the pickup truck remained dead. She hopped off of my arms and landed on the ground, rubbing her eyes. “I called Ayden. He says he’ll be here before the night falls.”

   I cleared my throat and replied, “Good. Well, I checked the engine and we might have to leave the truck here. It’s done, more than done: fried.”

  “And about the spider thing, if you tell somebody, I’ll cut your tongue out,” she threatened before she sauntered to the back of the truck. She climbed in and sat right on the edge of the trunk. I was impelled to join her, and so my presence accompanied her.

  It wasn’t rocket science to sense that she was mad and felt embarrassed so I decided to break the ice, “You know… I hate frogs.”

  “What?” she glanced up at me with a puzzled look on her cute face.  Focus, Andrew!

  “One time, I caught a frog and it attacked me by jumping on my face. Since then, I hated frogs and I could scream like a little girl if I see one.”

   She chuckled and smiled, “I guess we both shared a secret now, huh?”

   “Hey,” I caught her full attention, “If you blurt out my secret, I’ll cut your tongue out.”

   Riley laughed at my imitation of her and I joined her. There was nothing more blissful than to hear her laughs. “Okay, okay, easy now, tiger,” she chuckled.

   The sun was hiding from us and the winds decided to become colder, so I grabbed a blanket—I packed before—to cover her. “You should be thankful for having me. I’m a smart man. I packed some blankets and food,” I stated as I reclined to reach the little fridge and the picnic blankets that were behind us. “It supposed to be for the beach but it comes in handy for this situation.”

  “Thanks,” she said with her delicate voice after I sheltered her with the blanket, “Why do you have to be so nice? That Lora was dumb to dump you.”

   Her words startled me and I blinked surprised at her compliment, “Thank you?”

  “No, seriously, Boba. Sometimes, I want to punch her so bad because you love her and she didn’t appreciate you.”

  After she huffed, I grinned as my heart pumped hastily, “Nah, I was the one who didn’t appreciate her. She was in her right to dump me, and somehow, I’m glad she did.”

  Riley looked up to meet my gaze and frowned, “You are? How come?”

  “Well, first of all, if she wouldn’t have broken up with me, I wouldn’t met you, Butch,” I locked my gaze with hers and smirked at her shocked look. “You’re quite a character and your friendship means a lot to me. I want to apologize to you if I hurt you in the past.”

  “You knew? You knew all this time?” she smiled diverted, “Don’t apologize. I was the one who punched you.”

   “But I pushed you. I was a kid and well, let’s say that I never had a good temper. But I didn’t meant to hurt you,” before I could go on with my apologies and guilt, she interrupted me.

   “It’s ok. We were both kids.”

   “Um… can I ask you something?” curiosity tickled me with its teeth, gnawing my bones.

   “Sure,” she rose an eyebrow and waited for my question.

   My eyes were fixed on her lips as the dusk’s cold breeze enfolded us, “Why did you left after we… um… kissed?”

   Nervously, she glanced at me and then back at the ground, “Well, oh, urn, I’m not sure if you should know.”

   “Just tell me. Because I felt a little bad, you know. Your reaction made me think I was a bad kisser,” I chuckled lazily and ran a hand through my head.

   “You weren’t,” she covered her mouth with her hand and widened her eyes after she said that, “What I meant was that you weren’t the reason I left after we… um, kissed.”

   I bit my bottom lip, trying to hold the smirk from forming as I eyed her flushed cheeks, “Then, what was it?”

  “I’ve… never… kissed someone before,” she confessed sadly.

  I had to control myself from hooting and grinning. I mean, I, Andrew Lukewood, was her first kiss! I was the one who kissed her! I was the first! “It’s okay. At least you can say now, that a handsome man was your first kiss.”

  “It’s not funny. This is serious, Boba. Do you remember your first kiss? How was it?”

  My heart began to pound vigorously. I couldn’t get over the fact that I was the one that kissed Riley for the first time. Right now, I couldn’t even remember who the first girl I kissed was, and I actually didn’t want to remember her either, “Um… it was nice.” But the kiss Riley gave me was beyond nice, it was exhilarating.

  “I don’t want to say that ours wasn’t nice but I have to admit that I wasn’t ready or expecting it and for that, it was—“

  “Riley, look at me,” I whispered; my eyes were anxiously waiting to meet her beautiful ones.

  She hesitated but her eyes met mine and moreover, they swallowed our hearts in the intense gaze we sealed, “Uh?”

  “Shut up,” I quietly said as I leaned closer to her lips.

   She closed her eyes. It was like she knew I wanted to kiss her and she was waiting for it. Taking a bold step, I wrapped my arm around her back and pulled her closer to me. No rejection whatsoever, came from her, instead she cuddled closer and rose her chin up. My fingers caressed her cheek and lingered on her jaw line as I grasped it and pulled it closer to my lips. Her demeanor was submissive and relaxed, not tense like I was expecting. So I had the green light. I was going to kiss her, again. Not only will I be the first, but the second and I hope the third and last.

  “Do the dance. The way you move is a mystery. Do the dance. You’re always there for music and me,” my phone started to ring in the worst moment ever.

   She stuttered a couple of words and nervously, rummaged for my phone inside her pockets. In the other hand, I was grumbling and cursing under my breath. Just when I was finally going to show her how I feel… something happened.

  “Here,” she said hiding her face from me and handing me back my phone.

   I cleared my throat and draw in what was left from the thick air to answer the call, “Hello?”

   “Hey, Andrew, man! Where are you? I’m currently driving up to the Pi’ilani Highway. I already took the route thirty-three to Wailee. Riley said you weren’t that far from your house,” Ayden replied.

   It had to be him, didn’t it?  Oh, Ayden, you’re always being so opportune.

   “I’m in Pi’ilani, well, actually in the middle of it. Go straight and you’ll find us. I’ll flick the headlights on so it’ll be easy to spot us. See you in a bit,” I was going to hang up the call but his concerned voice interrupted me.

   “Um, Andrew, how’s Riley? Before hanging up, she sounded tense and I don’t know… kind of scared. I thought something happened to her and though I called, nobody answered.”

  “She’s fine. She just saw a spi-bear… you know, those big bears here. But she’s fine, I saved her.” I wasn’t able to glance at her but I felt her glare burning holes on the surface of my skin.

  “But how the hell? Is she alright?!” Ayden sounded worried and attentive, which made me think that maybe Ayden was really interested in her.

  “Yeah, don’t worry, Ayden. I’ll tell her how much you wanted to see her in her swimsuit. Oh, and of course I'll inform her that you can’t wait to see her,” I lied and started to tease Ayden, ignoring my jealousy and my stupid self.

  “What the hell, Andrew? What are you saying? Is she there? Please, tell me that she’s not there! I’ll kill you! I swear!”

  “Yep, I love you too, Ayden! Oh, Riley, Ayden says he’s wearing a hot swimsuit just for you. And that his wiener looks tight with his gold swimwear thong. I’m sure you’ll love it. You know, he’s usually fond of Austin Powers and he wants to give you a little surprise,” I blabbered the first things that came to my mind. And slowly but effectively, the dense atmosphere relaxed at Riley’s snicker.

   “The hell?! You’re so dead, Andrew! I swear! I’m gonna get you! You’re so going to pay for this! If she doesn’t speak to me, you’ll be six feet under! Andrew!” his growl was actually choked in hatred and self-doubt. C’mon, I’m just having some fun. No need to get angry!

   “Oka! Toodles! Toodle-oo! Poopie you too!” I cooed with the spirit fingers and hung up.

   When I looked over to Riley, she was snickering and smiling. “What was all that?”

   “Just some fun. Eat something, there are some crackers on the little picnic box,” I answered lifting myself up from the trunk and hopping off of it. After I landed safely, I walked to the driver’s door and opened it. I plunged myself in, turned the truck on and twisted the lights headlamp switch on. After I was done, I headed back to the back of the truck and stole a glance from Riley. “What?”

  “Nothing,” she didn’t even looked at me, “Aren’t you cold? I mean, you’re only wearing…”

  “Oh,” I looked down at my chest and my plaid shorts, “Now that you mention it.” I removed my tank top, and rummaged for my shirt. The chilly breezes the nightfall brought made me quiver as I started to hunt my tee.

  “Is this what you’re looking for?” she said behind me and I turned around and clasped my shirt off her hands.

  “Thanks,” I mumbled, studying her. Her eyes were glued to my torso and her cheeks glowed. Even under the dim sunshine I could see the spark in her eyes and the red shade of her rosy cheeks. “Something wrong?” I smirked at her.

  “You better dressed up before somebody confuses you for a gigolo.”

   I mocked a laugh, “Very funny, Butch! I’m too sexy and I know it. But you have to go there, don’t you… a gigolo? Seriously?” I was already dressed when I followed her back to the trunk and sat on its edge, next to her.

  “You have to see your face, Andrew. You make this weird expression when you are offended,” she stated, laughing at me.

  I just smiled. If it takes for me to be a clown in front of her, I’ll jest and juggle just for her beaming smile. I could cope with her laughter for the rest of my life. I even wish my life depended on it. “What? This face?” I scrunched my nose and brows with monkey-like whoops.

  She laughed at my comedian’s ways and hugged herself from the cold wind, “Stop it, Boba. You’re too funny!”

  “Thank you, thank you, thank you very much,” I mimicked Elvis Presley and once again, I won her sweet laughter.

  “Are you cold?” she asked with smiley eyes after she ceased laughing, “We can share the blanket.”

   I smiled at her idea. I couldn’t even think something better than that! “Sure, why not?” My body scooted closer to her whilst it felt her hand wrapping part of the blanket around my back, “Thanks.”

  “Don’t mention it,” she flashed me a smile and fixed her eyes at the sunset. “Isn’t it beautiful?”

  “It is.” My sight dawdled on her face a little bit more before following her gaze and admiring the sun the was hiding behind the horizon. “It’s really a beautiful scenario.”

  “Isn’t it the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen in your life?” she asked with a grin as I drew her gaze to mine.

  We locked our gazes once again and I slightly smiled, “No, it isn’t.”

  Her eyes widened and I think she understood my insinuations. But maybe I’ll never know.

   My heart will wait for you, Riley. Don’t worry ‘cause my heart will always wait for you, my soul whispered to hers in an inaudible low voice that I hope she listened.

   I enfolded my arm around her and pulled her closer, “Do you see that mountain right there?” I asked as I felt her warm body pressed against mine. I admit that I controlled my hormones and my own body that almost reacted at some avid thoughts that overwhelmed my brain.

  I felt her head nodding against my shoulder, “Yup.”

  “Well, I don’t know its name or how much it heights but I do know that that is one special mountain. And that I will always remember it.”

  “Why?” she slightly rose her eyes and I lowered mine to admire her face.

  “Well, because I had a great day here with you, Riley,” I confessed with honesty.

  “Andrew?” she hid her face inside my ribs and said, “It’s cold.”

  A smile stole my mouth as I hugged Riley closer and felt her snuggling against my chest, “The itsy bitsy spider crawled up the water sprout. Down came the rain, and washed the spider out.”

  “Boba!” she jerked her head off of my chest and shot me a glare.

  “What?” I chuckled and made up an excuse, “From now on, every time you see a spider, sing that lullaby. You’ll see that that fear you have, will soon vanish. It worked on me. But I must give props to Kermit the Frog. He or it helped me a lot since I was a kid.”

  “You’re something else, Andrew, I swear,” she chuckled and nestled herself back under my arms.

  “Come, sing with me,” I inquired her to join and not shortly we began to softly sing, “Out came the sun, and dried up all the rain and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again.”

   The nursing rhyme echoed the whole deserted road with streaked bushes. I’ve never felt this good and I wasn’t planning to let Riley go. But even though my heart didn’t want to, my reason was right to scold my heart and to tell it that it was selfish. When was I going to be unselfish? Now it’s a good moment to start.  Because she's my bittersweet goodbye.

  But in the meantime, I admired the beautiful auburn colors painted across the skyline as Riley began to lose herself in my arms.  And I was beginning to lose my own self by her side, thinking: I could stay like this forever.

__________________________________________________________

Thank you so much for reading and for being so freaking awesome!! 

What do you think? Isn't Boba so nice?? And what do you have to say about Ayden? Does he still has some haters?

Tell me what you think! I love hearing from you! Your opinion matters to me!

Vote, comment, fan, or you can just vote, comment or even fan! It's that easy! lol :D ♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
6.3M 229K 21
She didn't fall, she was pushed. Let me explain more, yeah? She was pushed, by her best friends, into a guy- but not just any guy. Cyrus Angelo, the...
26.2K 832 28
"Please, Princess, by the end of the semester, you'll be begging for me," I had never been too good with the opposite sex, and I mean I've had boyfri...
363K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...