Tokyo Ghoul - NEST

By FallenJester3

"Do you enjoy a Good end, or a Bad end?" "Aren't they the same thing?" "How so?" "No one has the right to say... More

Prologue
Escape from Solitary
A Normal Errand
The New Residents
Under Cover
The Mask Maker
Curing What Can't be Cured
The Plan to "Buzz Off"
The Choice, and a Highway Shootout
The Old Man and Dreams
Re
The File that Marks Life or Death
Hostage Situation
Letting the Monster Loose
What Does She Want?
Lazy Days
New Faces
Going Back
Talking French
In the Dark
Clues in Plain Sight
Delay for Home
Tsukiyama Residence
Control
Other Self
1000 - 7...
Not You...
Aftermath
Waking to a "Beautiful" Sight
Meetings
Follower
Fake Friendship
Quinx
Auction
Chaos
Voting poll!
Kakuja
God of Death
Gone
Silently Suffering
Time, Slowly Passing
The Bandaged Girl
Date with a Celebrity
Accept it
The Levin I Know
Say It!
She's Hungry! (For Me!)
Bookstore and a Bath
Through Whispering Thoughts
Hold Up
Acceptance
Kaneki Ken
Quiet, Once Again
Mom & Dad
Favorite Coffee
Unexpected Party
Scars
Women Are Needy
Preparation
Start of Operations
Trap
Melancholy
The Nutcracker
Torso
Jasons Legacy
Mister Nice Guy
Job
A Memory Filled Storm
Last Meeting
Anteiku
H Cell
Plans for Dates
The Calm Before the Storm
Storm Approaches
Orca
Broke Once Again
Sorrow
The Words of a Lost Friend
After the Storm
Turning your Back
No Matter What
Realization
The Aogiri Spy
Eye Patch
Teacher
Consideration
Stealth At Its Best
Mixed Feelings
To be Missed
Takatsuki Sen
Hidden Pain
Smell
Decisions
Without a Trace
Initiation
Lab Raid
Tools
Pinnacle of Insanity
Floppy
Remember
Don't...
Different
Fear over Love
White Christmas
End of the Chase
Intense Questioning
Looming Darkness
Vincent Valhalla
Flames Grow Taller
Not the Same
Bitter Reunion
Unexpected Friendship
Forgiveness
Target for Extermination
Stronger Bonds
RC Gates
Not Sorry
Ready?
Stronger than Before
Opposite Sides of the Same Coin
Make Them Hate
Thanks for the Memories
Miracles Don't Exist
All in Vain...?
Those Three Words
Seperated
Let it Out
The Hidden Error
Favorite Books, Secret Meanings
Next Move
Pawn
The Fight Draws Near
Sins of a Prophet
"I'll Be Back"
Lulluby for the Owl
The Foolish Plan
Infamous Clown
Riki Hada
The Reaper Knows Death
The Cruel One (Bonus Questionnaire)
I'm So Lonely Without You
Favorite Meal
Truths from Family
Snow White
The One Eyed King
King & Crow
The MIA Dove
Half of a Promise
Old Friend
Seidou Takizawa
The Journal
Where's The Frenchy?
Mouse Hunt
The Circus Is In Town
Clowning Around
Insane Love
The Fake Kings Ideal
Failure
Nightmares of Truth
Nashiro Yasuhisa
The Crows Ideal
Betrayal
Reaction
Beginning of the End
Destroy Everything
Binge Eater
Dead End
King vs Crow
Blood in the Street
Not -Alone- Anymore
Zealous Act
Clown Parade
No Escape
Rize Kamishiro
A Sea View
Building a New Future
Kurona Yasuhisa
The Planned Finale
Cruise to Valhalla
Short Reunions
Fall
Clipped Wings
Levin Seto
Black and White (Epilogue)
Part 1 Author Notes

Newfound Hope

509 32 4
By FallenJester3

" We know what we are, but know not what we may be."
- William Shakespeare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki POV

All of us stared at the computer screen. I was standing over Levin's shoulder as he clicked on all of the files and scrolled through them all.

No one said a word, everyone didn't dare. Touka had her mouth covered with a hand, looking as if she might faint. Rize pursed her lips and stared at the screen, then shifted her gaze to Nashiro.

Nashiro was next to Levin in front of the screen, both of the stared with different looks. While Nashiro looked like she was going to cry, Levin just had a blank face on with his mouth slightly open.

The room for felt compressed. Until Ayato broke the silence, while turning to our small messenger. "Where did you get this?" He asked.

The girl didn't even look at him while answering, she was fiddling with her camera. "A man named Kuki Urie. He said I should get this to Kaneki or the Crow as soon as possible." She said, "but it seems like it was much more important than he was letting on."

"Important? This is ground breaking! V is hiding Yasuhisa in that dampened prison without even the CCG knowing!" Ayato bursts, flailing his arms in anger.

Touka put a hand on his shoulder. "We need to calm down and think about this." She suggested.

All of us nodded, including Nashiro, who finally pulled her eyes from the screen. I cross my arms and frown while looking down at my feet, then look up again to see everyone looking at me.

"This means that Quinn definitely back stabbed us. But we haven't seen him ever since he made off with Kurona..." I trailed off, glancing back at the screen.

The screen right now was displaying a video tape of Kurona in a large room, with a syringe. We had already watched it, but Levin was replaying it over and over, still with that blank look on his face.

It was of her Taking her blood and stabbing her eye with a syringe under orders. It was sick and made me want to go barging into Cochlea myself.

"Can you all... leave the room so I can think?" Levin suddenly said, getting everyone's attention. Nashiro seemed worried, but Rize put a hand on her shoulder.

Rize eased everyone out, even though I didn't want to, I went to. Rize spoke into the room before closing it behind her. "If you need to talk, were outside." She said to Levin.

He only nodded, then the door closed.

We all stood in silence for a short period of time, then Touka sighed and clapped, making everyone jump from the sudden loud noise.

"Get back to work. We'll talk about it when Levin is ready." She ordered.

We all reluctantly went on with our duties. To think that Quinn back stabbed us... but he had a clear record of helping ghouls, that I wouldn't think twice about trusting him back then. What made him do this? There has to be a reason.

I search through my mind as I sweep near the front entrance, then the back, and the cafe. Over time, it started to get dark quickly. Levin still hadn't come out of that room.

I frown while staring at it after work. A voice gets my attention from behind me. "Still worried about him?"

I glance behind me to see Touka there, crossing her arms and also looking at the door. I turn back and stare again. "Yeah, I suppose I am." I mumbled.

She walked up beside me and gave me a playful nudge on my arm. "C'mon, he'll be fine. He's been much worse. He's just in shock, is all." She said.

I glance back at her and then back at the door. "Its just... he thought that she was gone. And now she's suddenly back? If that happened to me, then I'd be too confused and overjoyed to even think." I exclaimed.

Touka grinned. "Oh yeah? And who'd be that person in your position?" She asked.

I slowly make eye contact with her and she freezes. At this moment, she probably knows that I meant her. She's probably thinking about my sudden confession awhile ago.

She avoided eye contact and looked at the floor, her ears turning red. "W-We should get back to work." She mumbled in a cute yet quick voice.

"Wait-!" I said, grabbing her sleeve before she could make her escape. But she pull her arm free with a sad face, but she was still blushing.

"Its a no, okay?" She said.

"Is what a no?" I asked, a bit confused.

She glanced over her shoulder, her eye making eye contact. "It wouldn't work... if we were like that." She said with a sad tone.

My heart felt like it had been punched. She rejected me? I slowly let go of her sleeve and looked at the ground.

She quickly walked away before I could say anything. I stood there for a couple of seconds, then the door opened. I jumped back a bit from it suddenly opening, but Levin emerged from the room.

He looked fine. I had half expected him to look miserable, but he looked just like he had this morning. He notices me and gives me a small smile. "Did I make you worry?"

"Yeah, you okay?" I asked, trying to get what just happened out of my head.

He shrugged. "I guess... but I need to talk with you and Ayato." He said, his face becoming serious.

I give him a nod before he walks off towards the kitchen, probably to get something to eat. He had been eating human food lately, so has to eat a lot.

I go find Ayato near the entrance with Nishiki, they were talking about something, but I didn't catch much of it. "Hey, Levin wants to see us." I said, pointing upstairs with my thumb.

Ayato glanced at me and nodded, saying a short goodbye to Nishiki and walked past me. He still didn't like me, and I really didn't care.

Nishio tapped my shoulder. "Hey, you okay? You look a bit pale." He exclaimed, raising an eyebrow.

I smiled, rubbing my chin. "I'm perfectly fine, just thinking about the situation, is all."

Nishiki stared for a moment, then nodded and patted my shoulder as he continued his work. I walked back to Levin's room, and as I entered, Ayato was sitting on the couch.

Levin was seated at his desk, with a plate of meat. I was sure that was human meat... he would only eat Human meat if he was planning to use his kagune.

"So, let's get down to it. What are we going to do?" Ayato asked, leaning forward and folding his hands.

Levin talked while eating. "We have two problems, really."

I crossed my arms. "Two?"

Levin finished and grinned. "We've got Eto challenging me to that death match, and now we've got to find a way to help Kuro." He said while wiping his mouth with a napkin.

"Yeah... we're in a bad situation." Ayato mumbled. I hate to admit it, but he was right, this was the worst situation we could be in.

I run a hand through my hair and sigh, how are we supposed to fix this problem? This wasn't going to be easy. Suddenly, me and Ayato look at Levin as he begins to laugh.

"Bad situation? This is perfect." He said, a sinister grin growing wide on his face. It wasn't that much like his insane faze, but more like, a person who'd just gotten away with cheating in a poker game.

He knows how to use this to our advantage.

"I now have a way to get two birds with one stone." Levin exclaimed, standing and putting his hands on his hips. "Ayato, gather everyone in our group... but don't tell anyone from Re, I don't want them involved."

Ayato nodded and got up, swiftly leaving. Levin walked over to the window and stared out of it. I watch him with eagerness. "How exactly are we going to do this?" I asked.

The grin only grew. "For too long I have been on the receiving end of being screwed over..."

He turned to me, I could feel the cogs moving in his head, the glint in his eyes. In a way, he looked almost like his old self.

"You might want to sit down. I'm going to tell you my plan. It's about time were the ones fucking them up." He said, sitting opposite of me and putting his hands together. "But your going to think I'm crazy."

I slowly smiled. "Try me."

He told me.

I thought he was crazy.

(Its time for another game, this time Levin is at the head of it. With his master mind cap on, what is Levin planning to do, taking down two birds with one stone? Nonetheless I hope you enjoyed and have a wonderful day!) - MnMs171

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 31 10
For Your Eyes Only this story contains: - violence - sexual content - verbal and physical abuse - harsh language - heavy drug use - suicidal th...
1.3K 116 44
I used to be normal. I was a 17 year old girl, with one more year left of high school. And everything used to be fine. But then they showed up. That'...
572 8 61
" aww, how kind. Is this your way of getting another proof that I am a criminal so that you can put me in prison. Because, if that is the goal, you g...
Gold ✓ By Alexa

Short Story

29.5K 1.4K 13
| Rumpelstiltskin Retelling | He placed the knife on her lap and started talking again, "You see the thing is, you're lucky to escape with your life...