Cursed Bound.

By Maroon1479

A curse bound them together.... From the time Kaden and Jesse first met, they were always teasing and picking... More

Before You Read!
Prologue.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twevle.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-One.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty-Seven.
Chapter Twenty-Eight.
Chapter Twenty-Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty-One.
Chapter Thirty-Two.
Epilogue.
Extra Chapter! Kaden First Transformation.

Chapter One.

202K 4K 1.1K
By Maroon1479

Nine Years Later

"Give it back Kaden!" I yelled after the annoying seventeen-year-old. He stole my freaking phone! Ugh! Why do I even try to hang out with him? He always takes something from me! And it had to be right when Logan text me! Ugh!

My family and his family were having a picnic by the lake because school starts tomorrow and I'll be a sophomore and Kaden will be a senior.

I heard Kaden's laughter and he was a few feet ahead of me, "Run for it, Jesse. Run!" he taunted as laughing. He knew he was much faster than me. I hate running and he knows it too! Ugh!

Fear washed over me when I realized he was running to the dock where the lake is. He wouldn't drop my phone in the water, would he!? "You better not be doing what I think you're doing!” I yelled.

We ran past our dads and they shook their heads and laughed. They know me and Kaden always fight with each other when we hate each other. Well, we don't hate each other exactly, but we don't get along sometimes. But it's Kaden's fault! He just has to act like an immature nine year old!

I can't believe he's older than me.

Kaden ran onto the dock and went all the way to the edge and held my phone over the water and laughed, "Come and get it, Jesse,"

I stop midway and got down on my knees and put my hands together, "Please, Kaden, don't!" I begged, hoping he wouldn't do it. I gave him a puppy dog face by thrusting my bottom lip out and making my eyes bigger.

He chuckled, "I need more than that, Jesse!"

I growled at him, but continued, "Please, please, please, I'll do anything you want! I'll be your best friend if you give it back," I promised.

He snorted, "You're already my friend, Jesse. I will need more than that," he said, empathizing 'that'.

I snorted in my mind. I'm hardly his friend! Why would I want to be friends with a jerk who's about to throw my phone in the water--which he does have the guts to do--and who constantly taunts me? I only hang out with him sometimes because our families are friends with each other.

I crossed my arms over my chest and glare at him, "Fine! If you drop my phone, I won't be your friend anymore."

He chuckled again, "You're not helping your case you know Jesse."

To try again, I put on my begging look again, "Pretty please with a cherry on top! I'll um, get you a date with Tabitha Jones.", I said. It should be easy since Tabby thinks he's a hot stud. Ugh, I wanted to roll my eyes now, but can't or else my pleading look will go down the drain.

Tabby's one of my friends. I'm popular in the sophomore hallway, but in the rest of the school, I'm just another girl in the crowd. I don't do any sports, but I'm in the drama club. My best friend—girl best friend—is Melanie Williams. We've been best friends since fourth grade when Kaden went off to middle school and I had no one around to play with. So one day when I forgot my lunch, Melanie happily offered to share her peanut butter and jelly sandwich with me. We've been close ever since, but not as close as me and Kaden.

Tabby's a different story. We hang out sometimes and talk on the phone, but she's mostly hanging around the boys and is well known in Hayden High School.

Kaden stopped laughing, "Seriously? That chick is hot." this time, I roll my eyes. Guys.

"Yeah, whatever. So, deal?" I asked, looking at my phone then back at him.

His pursed his lips, "Um," he grinned and walked up to me. "Sure. You do good begging, it's cute on you--ahh!" he yelled when he went to walk pass me after giving my phone back, but as I grabbed his right leg and he tripped. I laughed my butt off and got up.

"That's for taking my phone, jerk!"

When I started walking, he grabbed my ankle and I tripped.

"Ahh!" I screamed, but luckily I saved my phone from being smashed by covering it with both my hands and held them against my chest. "Kaden!" I screamed in frustration. He laughed and we sat up on our butts.

"Don't do that again, brat." I scowl at him and rub my cut knee. "That hurt! I could have broken my ankle. Jerk,"

He rolled his eyes, "Grow up-."

"Grow up?! Me?!" I yelled, even more annoyed at him now. "I'm not the one who takes peoples' phones and makes them beg for it!"

He rolled his eyes. "It's just Logan. Even, he just said 'Lol' with a wink face."

My mouth dropped and I growled at him, "You read my text!" I said, accusing him of the obvious.

Logan is in the same grade as Kaden and I'm just amazed he knows who I am! When we were at a pool party this summer, we kind of talked and he asked for my number. He has dark brown hair and a killer smile. Jeez, he was so freaking hot! We've been texting ever since. I'm hoping he'll ask me out soon.

I've only had two boyfriends before and neither of them lasted long since they both pressed me to have sex with them but I never caved. Kaden would always handle them since he can be like a big brother to me sometimes, but I thank God he just treats me like a friend. I'm fine with being an only child. Kaden grinned and put his hands behind his head as he lay down on the dock.

"You know me. I can be nosy."

I snorted, "You don't have to tell me. I know you are." I said, lying down next to him. "So, your birthday is next week."

He frowned, "Don't remind me," he said, closing his eyes because of the sun coming out of the clouds. I frowned back him.

"Why not? You'll be eighteen, you should be excited,"

"Turning eighteen in my family isn't a good thing. It’s horrible." he said and sighed.

"Why? Are your parents making your move out or something?" I asked. Kaden has a job at an ice cream shop for the summer. He'll be quitting soon after school starts since his mom doesn't want him worrying about work instead of his grades.

Kaden didn't speak for a few moments, then he sighed, "No, something else," he opened his eyes and turned on his side to look at me, "Don't worry about it, Jesse. It's nothing that needs worrying...for you." he said and before I could ask what he meant, he got up and walked away.

I rolled over on my stomach and furrowed my eyebrows as I watched him walk away. What could be so big he couldn't tell me? Sure, he doesn't tell me everything, but he still tells me some. What could be so bad about his eighteenth birthday?

Next Day

I groaned to myself and tapped my foot on the ground as I leaned against Kaden car, waiting for the jerk to come out so we can go to school. If he makes us late on our first day, I swear, I'm going to beat him up!

I was wearing normal dark blue denim jeans, a gray long sleeve shirt, and brown boots—heelless. I've never liked heels since I broke my ankle while wearing them in my cousin's wedding when I was fourteen.

I ran my fingers through my wavy brown hair and sighed. This idiot better hurry up or I'm going to have bang on his door and demand him to hurry up. He better not overslept! The bus has already driven pass!

A few moments later, his door finally opened and Kaden strode out in a normal black jeans and a white t-shirt. I couldn't keep the thoughts of him looking so hot out of my head. I'll admit, just because he's my best friend, I can't help but think he's so cute--hot--still! Kaden is handsome and popular, but he sees me nothing but the little girl he met ten years ago.

I got up when he was close, "Finally,"

He gave me an innocent smile, "Sorry, I was taking a cold shower,"

"Why-" I trailed off, realizing. "Ew! Kaden!" he chuckled.

"Don't be such a virgin," he said, getting in his car and opening the passenger door. My cheeks were heated up as I got in.

"I rather be one then catch a disease,"

"Hey, I use condoms, okay. I'm safe." he said, starting up the car and driving to school. I rolled my eyes.

"So, who you have a wet dream about? Cameron, Suzy, Jamie, or Nick?" I chuckled, poking his arm teasingly on the arm. He snorted.

"Enough with the gay jokes. I'm not gay, Jesse. Cut it out. It was a dare and I needed those three hundred dollars," he said, getting mad.

A year ago when his friends came over to his place they dared he and their friend, Nick, to kiss and both would get three hundred dollars each. They hesitated, but they did it. It was so funny and we all laughing our butts off still to this day.

One of his friends even recorded it considering it was the perfect blackmail material. I leaned over.

"I'm sorry, Kady," I said, putting on my best little girl look. "I didn't mean to make you upset," I said, making my eyes bigger and pouted.

He rolled his eyes, but gave a one sided grin, "You're such a child, Jess," he said, putting one arm over my shoulder, "I forgive you. And it was none of them. It was...someone else,"

"Who?" I asked.

I saw his cheeks blush up and I stared at him in shock because he never blushes! He cleared his throat, "Um, no one you know,"

I leaned back in my seat and crossed my arms over my chest. "I know mostly everyone in school,"

"Well, not everyone knows you," he said and I scoffed at him and crossed my arms over my chest. "It doesn't matter; the dream was a mistake and shouldn't have happen,"

"Was it embarrassing?" I chuckled.

He hesitated, "No, but I shouldn't have dreamt it," he simply said. "Look, why are we even talking about this?" he asked. I shrugged.

"I don't know, you brought it up by saying you had a wet dream about some girl," I said, looking out the window feeling a little jealous, but I would never admit that to him.

*

When Kaden and I walked in the Hayden High School, people crowded around Kaden and I stood there, just another girl in the crowd. I sighed, hating how they all got to be around him. They're stealing my best friend.

I turned around and walked for a few minutes before seeing Logan. He waved to me and with the back of his hand he hit his friend chest and said something to him before walking up to me. He had a friendly grin on his face.

"Hey," he said, bring me into a hug so I smiled.

"Hey." I said. "How was the rest of your summer?" I asked when we pulled away.

He shrugged, "Eh, Hawaii was boring after the first week," he said. His white t-shirt made his golden tan look so much tanner. "Would have been more fun if you were there," he said and winked down at me.

I blushed and a low giggle came out my mouth.

"Sorry I couldn't be there. I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and drink from pineapples, though," I said and crossed my arms over my chest, my book bag hitting my waist.

He chuckled, "Well, maybe I can talk my parents into letting you come to Jamaica with us for the next summer break," he chuckled as he threw his arm over my shoulder and started to walk again.

I secretly turned my head around to look at Kaden. He was laughing with some of his friends, and I couldn't help wishing it had been me he was laughing with.

*

Melanie and I walked out of the school cafeteria to the lunch tables outside. She was telling me about her weekend with her mom's side of the family, when they went to the beach and she got back so late last night. She was amazed she got up for school.

"My family and Kaden's had a picnic by the lake again.," I told her when she asked me what I did. I rolled my eyes and groaned, "He stole my phone right when Logan text me and looked at it! I mean, sure it was just 'Lol', but still!"

She snorted, "I swear, that boy in love with you,"

"You always swear that." I said, rolling my eyes. "The only person Kaden loves is himself when he looks in a mirror," I said, taking a bite of my ham sandwich.

"Who does Kaden love?" Tabby quickly asked as she sat down and looked bit too interested.

"Himself." Melanie and I both said.

"And Jesse," Melanie added, chuckled, and I punched her arm.

"He does not." I said. "Just because we know each other and hang out sometimes does not mean anything. I know him so well because he's my neighbor,"

"You guys are always together though." Melanie said.

"We'll, we're friends...when we want to be. He can be a real pain in the butt," I said, taking another bite of my sandwich. I spoke with my mouth full, "Oh, yeah, Tabby, I need you to do something for me," she grimaced.

"Okay, first honey, talk when you're done chewing," she said and I rolled my eyes again. "And I'll do it, depending on what it is."

I swallowed my bite and said, "You have to go on a date with Kaden since I promised I'll get him one with you for my phone-"

She squealed and clapped her hands, "Why didn't you text me right after! That boy is one big hunk of delicious angel food cake!" she said. "I'll so do it," I smiled.

"Thanks," I said, but I was a feeling a little jealous since she got to go a date with Kaden...a date I wanted badly.

Someone slid on the bench I was on, put an arm around me and stole a grape from my plate.

"What's happening?" Kaden asked. I rolled my eyes and shrugged off his arm.

"Why aren't you sitting with your friends?" I asked, curious. He put one hand on his chest and leaned backward.

"Jesse! I'm hurt! Can't I sit with my favorite girl?" he asked and chuckled. He pinched my cheek with his thumb and index finger roughly and I smacked his hand away and scowled at him. Melanie gave me a knowing one sided grin and I waved her off.

"Well, you're not my favorite guy!" I said. "Stop that!" I cried when he reached for another grape.

"They're mine!"

"Sharing is caring, Jesse," he said, taking another one.

"It isn't really sharing if I can't get it back," I said, taking one. "Here, catch!" I said, throwing the grape up in the air for him to catch in his mouth. I hate how he got it easily in his mouth and had a satisfied grin. I glared at him, "I hate you," Every time I try doing that with popcorn, I always miss! Tabby gave me a look and I sighed, "Kaden, you got your date with Tabitha," I said. Kaden grinned and leaned on the table to Tabby.

"Oh, really? And where will you like to go, pretty lady?"

"Wait!" I said. "Friday is your birthday," I pointed out. Tabby and he gave me a confused look.

"Yeah?" he asked, confused.

"On your birthday, we always hang at your house and bake a cake and have a cake fight," I said in a 'duh' way. "You can't cancel that! We've been doing that ever since you turned eleven."

"Oh," he said, leaning up. "You're right." he said. He leaned back down and gave her grin, "Since Jesse here is being selfish about not wanting to share me, how about tonight?" 

I punched him in the arm, but he ignored me. Pssh like I care anyways if he decided not to have Friday night together! I could not care at all! Screw him! And I am not selfish! I was just pointing out what we always did on his birthday! Too much to ask for? Tabby giggled.

"Cool with me. But I want one this weekend on Sunday." he frowned.

"Um, that's no good. I have, um...plans for the weekend. I'm...going out of town," he said nervously as he leaned up again and rubbed the back of his neck. I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"Going out of town? What are you talking about, Kaden? You have-"

"I have plans, Jesse," he said, getting angry for some reason. He got up, "I don't have to tell you everything!" he said and walked away.

My mouth dropped in shock. What the hell? What's up with him? He never yells at me like that. What is up with him?

---------

Comment-Like-Vote-Become a fan!

Oh! And Jesse has blue eyes, not hazel! Shailene Woodly eyes are hazel, but imagine them blue!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.7K 313 20
My wlw thoughts Men dni 🚫 if you don't like these types of books block don't report Pm me girls<3
199K 31.4K 82
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
235K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan