Love In The Dark (A Deckersta...

By FanFic_Love13

Chloe and Lucifer are caught in a case that places Chloe's life on the line, and makes Lucifer question leavi... More

Author's Note (Updated 2019)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue

Chapter 13

6.6K 210 54
By FanFic_Love13

Three Months Later/Part Two

xxxxxxxxxx

You are okay, Chloe has to remind herself.

Every. Single. Morning.

It's like when her eyes open, they don't see her bedroom. All she sees is the damp basement in which she was trapped in three months ago. When her eyes open, she doesn't see Trixie at the edge of her bed. Instead, all she can envision is Thomas coming towards her with a scalpel. It's like her brain ignores the feeling of warmth under her covers and swaps it for the chilled air of that place. Some mornings, it takes a full five minutes to place herself back into reality. Many nights she has suffered through night terrors, practically screaming herself awake. Not even the safest locks on the door could make her home seem like sanctuary anymore.

What seemed even more puzzling was that it was not only Thomas haunting her dreams. Sometimes, she would envision herself at the bottom of the metal staircase. Looking up towards the stairs she would see a red figure, running towards her. But something made her feel as though she wanted distance from the figure, not closeness. Something about the approaching figure made her feel like she was in danger. The figure had horns, and burnt skin. His eyes...there was only one thing Chloe had ever seen similar to it. When Lucifer was threatening that girl oh so long ago, Chloe could swear in the nearby mirror that she saw Lucifer's eyes and face change. In the darkness of Chloe's nightmare, those eyes burned straight through.

It was almost like her dreams were telling her that Lucifer wasn't what she thought he was. Almost as is she should distance herself from him. If she wanted to play within his metaphors, then sure. Chloe did believe if Lucifer really was the devil that she should probably stay away from someone like that. But, all his talk about not being the root of all evil had really gotten to Chloe. Lucifer had told her a couple of days ago that he doesn't make anyone do anything. Everyone makes personal choices, and then blames them upon the devil. What if he really wasn't all that bad? With deeper thought processes however, she wondered, What if he is showing up in my dreams as a creepy figure because I am afraid to actually be with someone again?

Her last attempt at love had crashed a burned. It left deep scars, both physical and mentally. But something about Lucifer was different. These past few months had really allowed them to grow closer. Lucifer had stayed by her side throughout the entire healing process. Through thick and thin, through blood work, check-ups, and even physical therapy for her ankle. Not to mention, Chloe was required to attend court about the details of Thomas' death. It was an open-shut case from that point on, with little to no investigation. Still, bringing it back up was like cutting her open yet again. Lucifer was by her side through it all, making her smile with his little remarks. How could someone who says such nice things and sticks with her through so much be evil? Why was she still holding back?

"Mommy! Lucifer is here!" Trixie shouts from the kitchen. Within seconds she can hear Lucifer's footsteps approaching the bedroom. His sleek physique enters the doorway, his hip resting on the frame.

"What are you still doing in the bloody bed Detective!" Lucifer remarks, his hand flying up in confusion.

"It's a Sunday. It is my day off Lucifer. I intend to spend it in bed," Chloe argues.

With an eye roll, he replies. "You have got to be kidding me. Crime doesn't take a power nap, there has to be something we can do today!"

Throwing her arm over her forehead, she groans loudly. "I can't believe this," she mutters under her breath.

"It's a beautiful day outside. Not only is in only one degree above freezing, but it is also raining! C'mon out of that bed! We can go for a joyride and do some hydroplaning wheelies in a parking lot somewhere!" Lucifer exclaims.

"Lucifer, no. I have to help Trixie with a school project and then I intend to sit in front of my television and tackle all my PVR'd shows. I am way to many weeks behind on Law and Order."

Lucifer makes his way into the room without permission. "No no no! That sounds boring!"

"Wow, way to be positive about my plans." Now it is Chloe's turn to roll her eyes.

"Almighty then grouchy. I am POSITIVE that your plan is boring!" Lucifer stands his ground with his words as he sits on the bed near Chloe's knees. "You can't tell me you do this every Sunday. Where is the fun Detective?"

Jokingly Chloe replies while sitting up, "Have you ever really watched Law and Order?"

Rubbing his brow, Lucifer takes his tone down a notch. His eyes suddenly gleam as he comes up with an idea. It's like an actual light bulb lights up over his head, but this isn't a cartoon. "May I suggest a change of plans?"

Eyeing him up and down Chloe tells him, "You have my interest. Two minutes." Looking at the imaginary watch on her wrist, she has already begun counting the seconds, waiting for them to be over. Most of his past ideas were rash and stupid, so she wasn't exactly looking forward to this one either.

"You and me. Dinner at my place, seven o'clock sharp. You call the babysitter, and I'll pick you up in my car. Then we come back to your place, and I'll watch this Law and Order you speak of," Lucifer suggests.

After taking a few moments to fix the plans out in her head, she nods. "You know,'" Chloe reveals. "That doesn't sound completely terrible."

"Excellent," Lucifer confirms, placing emphasis with his accent on the "x". Sealing the deal, he reaches his hand out towards Chloe. Hesitation, Chloe wrinkles her nose.

"Just a date?" Chloe confirms, holding her hand back.

"Just a date. Haven't I earned that much from you?" Lucifer pretends to act hurt, using his other hand to cover his heart.

Chloe places her small hand in his, and shakes in up and down once with a firm grasp. What did I just get myself into?

xxxxxxxxxx

There are three knocks at Chloe's door cause her to run out of her room, even with the last section of uncurled hair still awkwardly pinned upwards. There is still a burn mark on her left hand from the iron and she winces as she grabs the door handle. Muttering a swear word, she quickly looks around to make sure Trixie wasn't around. At this moment, she did not feel like putting any money into the swear jar. With the mentality that nothing had to be done if she wasn't caught, she pulled the door to her place open wide. Lucifer is not the man in the doorway.

"You look nice," Dan says in awe, pointing at her ensemble. Chloe knew she looked great, she didn't need her ex to tell her. Knowing that Lucifer would take her back to his apartment at LUX, Chloe decided her tightest fitting dress was the way to go. It was a little red number she had bought for an event that got cancelled. The dress ended just before her knees, hugging every curve on the way up to it's lace neckline. It didn't reveal too much cleavage, but Chloe still wouldn't want to bend over to far. If she wore this to her old high school, she probably would have been coded since it showed off her collarbone and shoulders quite nicely. This dress screamed adulthood, and sexy.

Chloe had done her make-up perfectly for once, the smoky eye bringing out the intense blue color. If Chloe could just finish curling the last two pieces before they reintegrated back into the heap that was her hair, she would look perfect. Well, besides the giant tension bandage around her ankle and the scars covering the rest of her body. Maybe she couldn't admit it right now, but she was self-conscious about them. Perhaps if she fixed the rest of herself up nicely, Lucifer wouldn't notice.

"Thank You," Chloe replies. "Both for the comment, and for agreeing to babysit tonight. The babysitter cancelled and I didn't know who else to-"

"Yeah yeah. I get it," Dan cuts her off. "Who's the lucky guy?"

"You really want to know?" Chloe questions. Once Dan nods, she finishes. "Lucifer."

His hands fly up into the air, and a part of Chloe tells her to flinch. PTSD from the incident was hard enough to deal with, even on top of the lasting ones placed there by Dan. Keeping herself still, she watches his reaction while on edge. "Seriously?" He almost screams. "He may have saved you from the basement, but they still can't explain how. That door was steel Chloe! Melting steel doesn't just happen. That man is dangerous, insane, and psychotic. I warned you Chloe not to bring that man around yourself or Trixie-"

"You know what Dan," Chloe fires back, this time cutting him off. She was done not being heard, tired of her opinion being stepped all over. "That man is caring, gentle, and funny. He stayed by my side when you were off drowning yourself in a bottle of alcohol or screwing your latest girlfriend. Lucifer has never done anything to me, just for me. His actions speak louder than your nasty words. And you know what, Trixie gets more excited when he comes around then she does when you come over. Lucifer is good to her. This is my life Dan, and you can't control it any longer!" Her screams fill the apartment. She regrets screaming while Trixie is home, but her bottled up feelings have been held too long.

Dan's face is horrified and shocked. Chloe simply turns around and into the kitchen. "I pre-made some lasagna for you two, and remember she isn't allowed the pop at the top of the fridge past eight, or she will be up all night." Heading back to the bedroom without looking back at Dan over her shoulder, she sees Trixie in the hallway. Chloe drops down to her level, wincing as she twists her ankle ever so slightly in the process. Trixie's eyes are surprisingly lit up. "Hey munchkin."

"Wow Mommy. You look beautiful!" Trixie comments, reaching out to touch the red fabric.

"Thank You!"

"Lucifer is going to be surprised at the sight of you!" Trixie cheers. her head drops but a sneaky smile remains of her soft face as she asks "Are you and Lucifer going to get married?"

Chloe's eyes grow wide as she gasps. "Um...uh...honey. I don't think so. Not right now at least. We are just going on a date. But your Daddy is here to watch you."

"When are you going to be back?" Standing up on her small toes, Trixie engulfs Chloe in a tight hug.

"I'm not sure," Chloe answers truthfully. "Who knows what could happen?" Her voice raises in hope Dan might hear as well.

"Have fun!" Trixie says.

There is another three knocks at the door, and Chloe sighs. Pulling out the last hair pins separating the last two pieces of hair she will never get to finishing, she runs her fingers through it, and bunches it in hopes of adding volume. Grabbing the pair of black flats from her room, she runs to the front door. with a smile, her hand hovers in hesitation over the door handle. Yanking it open with more power than anticipated, she is face to face with Lucifer.

One of his feet is crossed over the other, the tip of his shoe digging into the floor. He looks sleek, and intriguing as always. The pocket square is red, ironically the same color as Chloe's dress. Lucifer always looked presentable, but something about the way he looked right now was even more sexy. "De-tec-tive..." The name is slow coming out of his smirking mouth. "Someone is looking particularly seductive tonight."

Chloe's cheeks can't help but burn at the comment. "Thank You, you look amazing as well."

"I am aware. I clean up fairly nicely," Lucifer applauds himself. "You know, on top of the already fabulous job I do daily."

Chloe sighs at the size of his large ego. It was almost overwhelming. "Well what are we waiting for?"

Lucifer stands away from the door, offering for her to lead. Chloe steps out of her house, and locks it quietly behind her, with no idea of what the night lies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.5K 2.2K 47
What if the Detective Decker didn't make Lucifer vulnerable, but instead, Detective 'Grey' did? Meet 'Riley Grey', the cleaner version of Lucifer. Sh...
5.3K 199 7
*Five times Lucifer visited Earth without Chloe knowing and the one time he showed her he was there* *Post-Season 4* After Lucifer has left Chloe to...
63.8K 1.9K 40
Season 5 one-shots like I promised. It's mostly cute fluff (excuse the chapter labeled "Anything You Pour I'll Drink) so I hope you enjoy. I don't ow...
27.5K 424 10
⚠️Smut and fluff warning ⚠️ Chloe and Lucifer fluff and smut moving forward in their relationship