It All Started With A Dare

By quruxley

"I dare you," He said to me with determination in his eyes. "I dare you to try and make me believe those word... More

It All Started With A Dare/ Meet The Characters
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome To My Life
Chapter Two: I Dare You...
Chapter Three: Change
Chapter Four: Visiting The Homeless
Chapter Five: Presents And Drunken Nights
Chapter Six: He Saved Me
Questions
Chapter Seven: Mr Perfect Is Not So Perfect
Chapter Eight: Comebacks, Malls And Accidents
Chapter Nine: Things Just Got Real
*Isa [1]*
Chapter Ten: Unexpected Alliance
Chapter Eleven: Announcements, Family And Confessions
Interview #1 (Dumb, Dumber & Dumbest)
Chapter Twelve: Oh My Allah!
Chapter Thirteen: Awkward
New Story
Chapter Fourteen: Words Unspoken
Chapter Fifteen: Betrayal
*Amir [2]*
Chapter Sixteen: Start Of Something New
Chapter Seventeen: Gatherings And Discoveries
Chapter Eighteen: Little White Lies
Chapter Nineteen: Hit Me Like A Ton Of Bricks
Chapter Twenty: A Hard Blow
A/N
Chapter Twenty Two: Seeing Veronica
Character's Fun Facts*SPOILER ALERT!*
Chapter Twenty Three: Plays, Drama And Drama
*Third Person [3]*
Chapter Twenty Four: Ice cream, Bets And Oh No
Chapter Twenty Five: When Danger Lurks
Chapter Twenty Six: The Rescue
Chapter Twenty Seven: Moments
Chapter Twenty Eight: Dreams, Perfect Dresses And Awkward Encounters
IMPORTANT!
Chapter Twenty Nine: Confrontation
*Isa [4]*
Chapter Thirty: Weddings (Part One)
Chapter Thirty One: Weddings (Part Two)
Chapter Thirty Two: You Make Me Crazier
Chapter Thirty Three: The End
Chapter Thirty Four: Best Thing I Never Knew I Needed
It All Started With A Proposal
100k READS CELEBRATION WITH THE CAST OF IASWAD
Interview #2 (Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest)
Life Update: My Tedx Performance
It All Started With A Deleted Scene: Unseen Scenes

Chapter Twenty One: Unexpected Meetings

16.6K 1.2K 195
By quruxley

"It all started with a dare. A stupid dare." -Isa Amin, IASWAD.

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:Unexpected Meetings

Zamzam Amin

Ever since my encounter with the guy with the two different colored eyes, I've been way more cautious than before. It's so weird because one day you could be normal and carefree even, then the next you get weird text messages and strangers warning you to be careful who you trust like what the heck? Since when did things begin to get so complicated!? When did my life change from worrying about school and home work to being cautious about everyone? This isn't some sort of blockbuster movie!

I sighed as I laid down on my mattress and stared up at the ceiling of my room. My phone vibrated beside me so I picked it up.

Unknown: I have the answers to your questions. If you want to figure everything out then meet me at Central Park, alone. If someone else comes then the deal is over.

I shouldn't go, I know that already but I also want to clear everything. I hesitantly started replying. Kids, don't ever do what I'm about to do.

Me: What time?

I'm already starting to regret making this stupid decision. I know I'm being an idiot right now but I have to know. And plus I have Allah on my side which is all the protection I'll ever need.

Unknown: Now.

* * *

After parking my car I got out and headed to the place where they told me to meet them. Bismillah, I whispered under my breath. I know it was stupid for me to go but like I said earlier, I need to find out what is going on. I need to know who's sending these texts to me and what they want from me. As I continued to walk around I noticed that there weren't many people out today. Then again not many people would be at the park at 3:00pm on a weekday.

"Zamzam?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. Turning around, I noticed Adam standing behind me as he gave me a confused look. What is he doing here!? "What are you doing here?" He questioned as he observed me. "What are you doing here?" I threw his question back at him. For a second neither of us said anything and just stared each other down. Wait...was he the one who was texting me? No...it couldn't be him. He's not the type of person to mess with someone like that. At least I hope he wasn't the type of person.

"Okay," I let out a sigh. "Remember the weird text I got the other day?" He nodded his head slowly. "Well the person told me to meet up with them here if I want to end this." Surprisingly his expression was neutral. "So why are you here?"

"I got the same text." He got out his phone and showed it to me. "I think the person wanted to get my attention. I understand why they called me here but I don't understand why they have to involve you. You have nothing to do with this," He started pacing back and forth while running a hand through his perfect hair. I've never seen him look so...defeated and freaked out before. I mean this guy always tries to act cool about everything. But recently I've been seeing a new side of him, the more real side. Right now he isn't being cocky, arrogant, or annoying, he's just being a normal human being who is going through something tough. I want to be able to help him but I can't if I'm always being left out.

"You know you could tell me what's going on. I could help, please just give me a chance." I said sincerely. I don't get why they're treating me like I'm a baby. I'm an adult, I've had to grow up faster than other people. He looked hesitant for a moment as if deciding if he should tell me or make up some lame excuse as to why I should still be kept in the dark. "What do you do when you feel helpless?" He looked me in the eyes, making my heart skip a beat.

"I pray," I responded. "I pray for guidance and patience."

"I'm going to need a lot of both of those right now."

"You s-" I stopped talking once I saw the man from the other day walking towards us. I probably looked freaked out because the moment Adam saw my face he looked alarmed. "Zamzam, what's wrong?" He said worriedly and turned around. By the time I was about to reply Scar-face was already standing right in front of us. "I see you both came." He gave us both a crooked smile. His breath smelt strongly of cigarettes and alcohol. Ew I think I'm about to puke.

Adam immediately stood beside me as if preparing to shield me at any moment. What is he doing!? I can take care of myself. "Who are you?" Adam asked angrily. Scar-face looked him up and down before replying. "I'm not the person who sent the text to you guys. I'm just the messenger here to say that we're not the bad guys. The real bad guy is your father and we just want to take him down. We just wanted to scare you guys a little bit so we could catch your attention. I can't tell you who my partner in crime is just yet but trust me when I say it's for your own good. I'm just here to say that you," He turned to Adam this time. "and your friends need to stop what you're doing. You guys are interfering with our plans."

Okay, now I'm completely lost. What did Adam's dad have to do with any of this? Before we could ask further questions he was already gone as if he was never here to begin with. I turned to Adam who looked as if he just saw a ghost. "I think I know who's helping him." He said realization. "It's my mom..."

Adam Mathews

Of course! That made perfect sense. Why else would she be here? She wants to take down my father and take her life back. I can't believe I'm just now realizing it. "W-What? I thought you said your mom left you?" Zamzam looked completely and utterly confused. "I can't tell you everything I'm sorry." I snapped back to my senses and proceeded to walk to my car but was stopped when she grabbed my hand. "Stop! Okay just stop. Don't you see I'm already involved!? I don't see why you can't tell me." She shouted angrily.

I turned around to face her. This time when I looked at her face I saw hurt in her eyes. There it is again...I felt what I felt last time once again. I don't know why I'm feeling like this. My heart started to beat faster than usual and for the first time in my life I felt nervous. After realizing she was holding my hand, she pulled away.

"You could trust me."

"Okay." I let out a sigh of defeat. I know Isa is going to kill me later because of this but how could I say no? I told her about my dad, how he drove my mother away, threatened to kill her, how he sent his men after her and the part about him selling drugs. After I was done she looked completely mortified.

"I-I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that... I bet I just made it way worse by nagging at you." She said sincerely.

"It's okay," I shrugged my shoulders in response. "You didn't know what was going on and that was my fault. It actually felt good to get all of that off of my chest."

"Good, but how is Isa involved?"

"That is up for him to tell you. In fact I was just about to meet up with him, if you follow me then we can both confront him." I offered as I grabbed my car keys from my back pocket.

"Alright, let's go."

Zamzam Amin

I walked back to where my car was and put my keys in the ignition of the car. I can't believe what he just told me. This is all so crazy! It's like a scene out of a movie. But this is real life and it's really happening. After Adam started his car up and pulled out of the parking lot, I proceeded to follow him.

* * *

We ended up meeting at a local Panera that wasn't too far away from my house. I could already see Isa's car and surprisingly Amir's as well, parked side by side in front of the restaurant. Wait, Amir knew about this too? Why am I even questioning it? Of course he would know about it. I mean Isa tells him stuff more than he tells anyone else.

"You ready?" Adam asked as he got out of his car.

"Definitely." I responded as I open the front door. Immediately both Isa and Amir looked at Adam and I as we walked inside.

"Zamzam? What is she doing here!?" Isa looked pissed.

"Calm down let us explain what happened."

* * *

"So you know everything?" My brother asked as he rubbed his temples. He only does that when he's really stressed or upset. "I know mostly everything but not the part where you're involved. Come on Isa you could tell me." I bet I looked really desperate right now but I don't care.

"Fine, I'll tell you."

"It all started with a dare. A stupid dare." He started off, a look of regret flashed in his eyes. "It happened around the time mom passed away, back then I was friends with Avon. But I didn't know about the drug dealing or anything. One day I was with him and his group and he dared me to break into a store so I did. I know it was stupid but back then I didn't care about anything. I was so hung up on mom's death that I was willing to do anything to make me stop thinking about her." I could see the tears welling in his eyes.

"Anyways after I broke into the store we went out back and that's when his dealers came. Once I figured out what was going on I tried to get away but he told me he took a video of me breaking into the store and that he would send it to the cops if I didn't stay. In a month there's going to be this big drug deal going on and he's still holding the video over my head. If I don't go I could get arrested and if I do go I could get arrested. I have my whole boxing future right ahead of me and it could all go away with just a simple trip to the police station. Now do you see why I didn't want you to get involved?" He finally finished explaining what happened. I don't know what to say by now. The only question I had was how could this happen?

"So what's the plan now?" I asked raising an eyebrow. All three of them looked at me as if I was crazy for even asking that. "You're not getting involved. We just told you what happened just so you could stop asking questions but that is it." My brother said angrily. "You're not getting involved in this Zam. Not as long as I'm alive."

"I could help you guys!" I tried to argue my point but they all looked like they weren't having it.

"It's too dangerous." Amir agreed.

"Just tell us if you get anymore texts." Adam added.

"Fine but what about the store? You still broke into it." I asked my brother curiously. It isn't like him to to do something like that.

"I know, after everything happened I came back to our house and got all of the money I kept saved throughout the years that I was going to use for college and left it at the store I broke into. I also wrote a note telling them how sorry I was. I figured that money would be enough to pay for all of the damage I caused." He responded while hanging his head low in shame.

"Wow, it took you years to save that money up." I replied in shock. Isa's always worked ever since we were young and every pay check he got he would either give me some allowance with it, buy my parents presents every now and then, and the rest he stashed away for college.

"I know but I could always make it up." He said

"That's admirable." Amir said as he clapped Isa's back.

"I'm proud of you big bro. Oh and," I turned to Adam with a smirk on my face. "After all of this is done the bet is officially back on." With that I got up off of my chair and let the three of them continue talking. I could see how changed he is now but there's always room for improvement.

* * *

Mondays, there's nothing that I hate more than Mondays. I could already tell that today isn't going to be a good day at school. After I let my alarm go off a couple of times, I lazily hit the snooze button once again."Zamzam! Ya Allah! Get up it's 7:30am you have to be at school by 8!" Grams pulled my comforter off of my bed. I immediately felt cold because of the absence of my wonderful comforter. "Grams do I have to go to school? Can't I just stay home one day?" I groaned as I tossed and turned in bed. "Do you want me to pour water on you again?" She threatened. I got out of bed before she could even spill the cup of water I know she is hiding behind her back. You see Arab elders don't play when they say they'll do something because they really will do it. I do not want to have freezing water poured all over me at 7 o'clock in the morning.

After brushing my teeth and getting dressed I managed to get out of the house early enough for me to make it to school on time. Hopefully today will be a nice stress free day In Shaa Allah.

Then again one could only hope.

* * *

"Guys there's only a couple of weeks until the opening night! It's been a blast working with all of you talented students on this play. Although we still have a lot of stuff to work do, I'm not worried." Mrs. Smith said as she wiped away tears. I love Mrs. Smith and everything but there's one thing I don't like about her and it's the fact that she's way too emotional. I mean I bet if she saw an ant that got stepped on she'd still probably cry.

"Nice job on the set design." Adam whispered under his breath.

"Thanks."

"What? You're not going to compliment me on my part? I mean I slayed playing Troy." He had once again another cocky smirk on his face. It actually doesn't annoy me as much as it did before whenever he smirked. Seeing him do that feels like everything is normal. "Nope, remember what I told you last time? If I compliment you, your head just might explode." I retorted with a smirk of my own.

He let out a small laugh. It was one of those laughs that made you want to let out a chuckle or two of your own. "Nice one, Scarfy." He winked at me before walking away.

Wow it's been a while since he called me Scarfy.

LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS!!💕❤️

STAY

QURUX

MY

QURUXLEYS

MWAH!!:)😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 24.8K 42
Book 1 of Ishq Series. || Highest ranking: #1 in Cousins on 30 Aug 2020|| || Highest ranking: #1 in spiritual on 23 March 2021|| ||Highest ranking: #...
79.3K 3.9K 31
"Let go of me!" I yelled, trying to push Kevin off of me. He grabbed me by my hair underneath my hijab (headscarf) and pushed me to the floor. "Next...
222K 32.8K 84
"Start packing your belongings, you're leaving right before my husband leaves for work. I'm sorry." Maryam said and sauntered back to their room, lea...
614K 47.9K 55
Layla Hayat is many things; philanthropist, introvert, gymnast, bad drummer, prodigal daughter of a famous designer... ....Forgiving is not one of t...