Drapple - A Broken Boy

By Drappleisbae

A very complex and slightly realistic story about a boy named Draco Malfoy falling in love with an apple. More

Chapter 1: One More Day
Chapter 3: Three More Hours
Chapter 4: Four More Months
Chapter 5: Five More Seconds
Chapter 6: You Must Lose to Gain
Chapter 7: Good News Abound
Chapter 8: Eight Last Breaths
Epilogue: Your Mom

Chapter 2: Two More Weeks

2.5K 62 344
By Drappleisbae

It was a warm summer day with a light breeze, and surprisingly no rain. August 17, 1993.

Outside Malfoy Manor, a young boy named Draco was sitting in the grass enjoying the light winds. He had an Apple for a companion.

"Yes Apple, you will be coming to Hogwarts with me. Maybe you can even get sorted!" He exclaimed happily. He had thought about this before. Dumbledore surely had to! But what if Apple didn't get into Slytherin? He really didn't care. He just wanted her to be happy.

They talked for a while about what their adventures were going to be. What they were going to do at Hogwarts together. Apple would surely have to meet his friends. He would be judged, he knew, but he didn't care.

He began to read aloud his friend Nova's letter.

"Hello, dearest dragon boy. I'm glad to hear that I will be able to meet this wonderful Apple. Tell her that I said thank you for keeping you company. I would have tried, but I know that your father would never even think about it. Druna is at my house. We are preparing for Hogwarts as it is only two weeks away. We will be traveling together. We hope to see you guys on the train. I also have some unfortunate news..." Draco stopped reading the letter aloud, but instead read the rest on his own. Because he believed that this was too gruesome for Apple to hear. He was already terrified because of the tear stains and the blood spatter on the parchment.

Apple became jealous and eventually she got angry. "What did she say Draco?!" Draco was scared that Apple would hate him if he didn't tell her. But this was between him and Nova. Apple began to cry. She was very angry with Draco. What was he hiding?

Draco heard her small whimpering and this broke his very fragile heart. He decided to tell her.

"Back in first year, I had mad a few friends in Ravenclaw. Nova, Druna, and Starly. We were good friends until the year ended and Starly went mental. We were on the train heading back to Kings cross station, when Starly turned into a rabid pack animal. We were all frightened, everyone on the train, except for Nova. I asked her why and she told me that she knew that there was something very wrong with Starly. She changed back into human form, but things were not okay with her anymore. Early in second year, before the chamber of secrets thing. After Potter and Weasley drove that muggle contraption into the whomping willow, though that didn't really whomp them enough for me. Starly disappeared a lot. Nova and I talked about this. We finally came to the conclusion that she had a magical disease. We went to Madam Pomfrey and we asked her. She comfirmed our suspicion. Starly had a very, very rare magical disease called Sanæ Mentis . It caused her to lose control of her magical ability. This disease is usually caused by dark magic performed on the mother while pregnant. Starly eventually became so non controlled that she turned into a pear, and she never turned back. Nova took Starly home with her in hopes of changing her back. But since there is no cure for this horrific disease, she could do nothing. Today, Nova told me in her letter that Starly had made some progress, being able to turn into other things besides a pear. Starly turned herself into a small mouse and crawled into Stormy's cage, thats Nova's owl. She begged for it to be over, because Senæ Mentis is a very painful thing to have to go through. Stormy ate Starly and Starly is no more." Draco had small tears trickling down his face while telling Apple about his no longer living friend.

He sent a letter telling Nova that he was sorry, and that this was a sad time and he was really hoping that Starly was going to get better. He also felt guilty about telling Apple, so he told Nova that he spilled their secret.

He sent it away on Snowy, Druna's owl, and began to read her letter.

Hello Draco. Are you having a good time with Apple? I assume that you've heard about Starly. Very sad it was. I'm at Nova's house. The environment is very gloomy to say the least. Nova, Heaven, Sienna and I are mourning together. I don't think that we will ever be the same. Nova never told me what was wrong with Starly until today. It was hard hearing all the things that Senæ Mentis does to people. I know that you'll see the tear drops on this paper, and somehow I know that there will be more. Looking forward to Hogwarts, it's the only thing keeping Nova and Sienna sane. Lots of love towards you and Apple. - Druna p.s. FREEDOM

Draco was feeling very melancholy after reading that letter. He was crying so much that he couldn't bring himself to write back.

Before he could bring his shaky hand to write on the already tear stained parchment, Stormy came by with a short letter from Nova. It was almost impossible to read. He had trouble with the introduction. He kept shaking his head and wondering what it said. The penmanship was worse that he'd ever seen from Nova. It was the worst handwriting he had ever laid his eyes on. He was sure that a five year old could write better than this. But if that wasn't enough, tears covered the paper, it was damp everywhere. But the ink didn't have enough time to dry before it got smeared all over the parchment. Apple came to Draco's assistance in trying to decipher the messy scribble. Draco decided to try and write the letter on a new sheet of parchment and see if he could understand it then.

Hj traitir.j why twll fruiy stary had vitigo dou b le truble vould be apple hidind az  skvi im I■ loye whitc you Dragom bo•  why caNt yu seee!

NOVA

He tried to decipher the letter this way, but it was still hard. He brought out another sheet of parchment and tried to make sense of this.

Hi traitor. I why tell fruit Star had Virtigo double trouble would be apple hiding as ??? I'm in love with a dragon boy why cant you see!

Okay..... what?

Dear lovely Nova, I am sorry if you think that I am a traitor  because I  told the love of my life something that she wanted to know. Draco

Why do you love her? Nova

Because she will always be here for me when no one else will. She makes me happier than a little girl finding a unicorn next to a rainbow. She makes me smile like no one else can, because no one else tries. She helped me get over my fear of the dark. She is a perfect companion. She always listens. She will never leave me. She is the most beautiful thing that I have ever laid eyes on. She is more than my everything. Nothing makes sense without her anymore. That is why I love her. Draco

Okay... tell her I said that she is very lucky to have you. And your whipped as hell Draco. Anyway gotta go back and face the git called life... and the git called Shane. Heaven, Druna, Sienna, Shane, and Luna all came over... we now have people from every house at hogwarts... bye Draco. Xoxo - The ever-so-lovely Nova

Draco was happy that she was okay now... though he did send back a short letter asking who Heaven, Sienna and Shane were.

He took Apple inside and they had a small bedtime snack of cheese and crackers.

When they reached his room they talked about everything, nothing, and all in between. They cuddled up goodnight and Draco kissed the side of her round figure and they both went to sleep instantly.

Draco woke up to a large figure towering over him. The figure was holding his precious Apple. The figure took off his hood and pulled out a knife. The face was familiar. The dark eyes, so troubled. The long untidy curly black hair. The pale features on the face of a liar. Draco could not put a name to the face, but he could tell you that they were related somehow... they had the same nose... the man had the same look that he did when he became angry... but yet this man took a knife to his precious Apple and cut her straight in half. Apple screamed loudly and begged for mercy... but the man kept slicing her until she was nothing but a minced apple making no sound.

Draco was woken up by his mother. She held him tightly and rocked him back and forth. He held her and sobbed hysterically. That nightmare seemed do real... What if it was! "Apple!" Draco screamed. "APPLE! WHERE ARE YOU!" He cried out. He opened his mouth to do it again when a soft hand clamped over his lips.

His mother stared at him with wide eyes and an accusing gaze. She lectured him on how dumb he was. What if Lucius had heard? Draco looked around frantically and found Apple on his bed. He quickly leaped forward and grabbed her and held on as tight as he could.

His mother stared at him incredulously. He handed her Apple and told her that it was enchanted to talk. But deep down inside Apple was more than just enchanted food. Apple spoke to Narcissa "Hello, beautiful lady." But Narcissa did nit blink an eye. She just stared at her son.

"Did you not hear her, Mother?" Draco asked. "Draco, do not speak of this again, or I am afraid that you will have to go somewhere where they can help with your mental disabilities."  She began to walk away with Apple still in her hands. "Mother, can I have Apple back?" Narcissa turned around and said harshly "Why?" "Because I'm hungry." He lied. But his voice got higher and he knew that his mother didn't believe him.

But nonetheless she handed him his precious Apple back.

He looked at the clock on his nightstand. It was 4:23 in the morning. He took Apple and crawled under the covers. "Goodnight Apple.. only two more weeks until Hogwarts.
"Goodnight Draco... I can't wait."

1749

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

540K 19.6K 21
FINISHED!!! Based off of this prompt: Drarry AU in which the Slytherins give Draco a 24-hour love potion so he'll fall in love with Harry Potter, and...
90.7K 2.1K 7
After the Malfoy's tragedy, Harry decides it's time to let go off the past and show Draco what he really means to him. The friendship between the two...
511 46 28
Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter fall in love, but someone else had their sights set on the Chosen One.
318K 9.1K 67
a story of a witch that loved the night and stars too much and a boy that found comfort in the constellations hidden in her eyes