Not a good girl

By BlackAshes

Abigail Rose Harris -or Abigail (Abby) Williams as everyone besides her family and best friend calls her- is... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Deal with the devil
Chapter 3: The Track
Chapter 4: I'm Veronica Williams
Chapter 5: Rivercrest, Home Of The Sharks
Chapter 6: You Should've Just Said Please
Chapter 7: Bond, James Bond

Chapter 2: Brothers and best friends

202 14 0
By BlackAshes

UNEDITED

__________________________

Chapter 2: Brothers and best friends

"Shh! Be quiet or you'll wake 'em up!" Someone whisper yelled.

"Fine fine calm your tits bro."

Replied another voice.

"These pictures are so going on Facebook" Replied yet another voice. I heard a clicking sound right after the person spoke.

Go back to sleep or deal with whatever the hell is going on? Hmm... Sleep. Most definitely sleep. I grumbled and scooted closer to the left side of my bed, only to be stopped by some type of wall. What the fuck? Oh right Danny had to sleep in my bed last nigh-

Shit.

Slowly I open my eyes. Squinting and trying to make it so that, whoever was in my room, was oblivious to the fact that I was no longer asleep. There stood my three older brothers. Carter was snapping pictures of me and Danny with his phone.

My eyes flew open as I shot up in my bed. "You bastard!" I bellowed as I sprinted towards Carter.

"Aww don't be all grumpy Abby bear." Chuckled Carter as he backed away from me.

"I swear if you don't delete those pictures I'm going to rearrange that pretty face of yours!" I screeched.

"You think I'm pretty? Aww stop it your gonna make me blush" he mocked. Really that's all he got out of that sentence? I began hitting him repeatedly with my fists as everyone else in the room -except for Danny and I- were laughing there asses off.

"Just delete the damn pictures Carter." Danny said as he came to stand next to me.

"But there so cute!" Carter squealed in an obnoxiously high voice that resembled over half the female population at the school that i currently attend -thankfully I won't be going there much longer.

"Hand me the phone asshole" I hissed. Carter snickered before tossing the phone to Jer. Jeremy bolted out my door and into the bathroom adjacent to my bedroom. Danny and I both groaned when we heard a faint click. The bastard had locked the door.

This was going to be a long day...

**;-;**

The next day Devon had woken me up an hour earlier than normal to train. He said that since he had given me the day off yesterday, I would have to train "extra hard" this morning. Which basically meant that after he was done I was going to feel like I had been dragged to hell and back.

Guess how many times I had to practice that damn roundhouse kick? Twenty freaking times! After practice I literally looked like I had just been killed and then resurrected. Danny made that pretty clear.

Danny even wanted to come to school with me. He asked the same question every year because he wanted to "scope out" the school. Make sure it was safe. I tried my absolute hardest to say no but I just couldn't resist his puppy dog face. His bottom lip quivered and his eyebrows furrowed, yet his eyes stayed soft. It was literally the one thing that I couldn't resist. Ethan and Kayla did it often, and even when Danny did it I couldn't bring myself to say no.

So here Danny and I were, in the principal's office, being lectured about bringing a student that didn't go here, to school. Apparently you had to get permission and all that happy go lucky shit. My principal, Mr. Rodgers, happened to have one of those voices that droned on, and on, and on.

I had stopped trying to listen a few minutes ago and was now staring at the clock behind him on the wall, wondering what it would be like if I was a clock. Haha poor clock, it had to stare at Mr. Rodgers all day. I wonder what he did when no one was looking...

"Do you both understand?" Mr. Rodgers' voice snapped me out of my thoughts and I began slowly nodding my head. I had no idea what he had said previously but then I looked at Danny and noticed that he was nodding his head as well. The late bell rang and I couldn't have been happier that it had.

"Good. Now off to class before you're marked absent Ms. Williams. And no more surprises like this understood" he began writing me a note to give to my teacher.

"Yes sir"

I slung my backpack over my shoulder and pulled Danny with me out of the room as I grabbed the note Mr. Rodgers had written.

"What did you say to him to let you stay?" I asked when we were finally out of the main office building.

"I told him the truth; that I was your best friend and you wanted me to go too school with you since I live in a different state. Didn't you hear me?"

"No I kind of zoned out a few minutes into the lecture and if I remember correctly, you begged me to come."

"Pfft. Don't act like you didn't want me to come." Danny said as he slung his right arm across my shoulders. I rolled my eyes but didn't say anything else as Danny and I walked to my first period class. Yuck Science. The hallways were empty except for a few stragglers that were rushing to class.

"Hey why was he calling you Ms. Williams? Unless you suddenly had your last name changed and decided not to tell me..." Danny questioned suddenly.

"At school it's Abigail Williams," I whispered "wouldn't want Michael to be able to find me that easily would we?"

"Oh okay. But why not change your first name too?"

"I tried that a couple of years ago remember? I told everyone my name was Veronica. I never answered to it when my teachers called my name and my brothers always forgot what it was." I was becoming irritated. Why did my best friend -only friend- have to be so damn forgetful?

"I remember!" Danny exclaimed "That one teacher called your brothers and they had no fucking clue who Veronica was or what she was talking about!"

I rolled my eyes and continued walking with Danny to my first period. Damn it I was already late and Mr. Carpenter was such an ass.

Being the gentleman that he is; Danny opened the door for me with his left hand, keeping his right arm around my shoulders. When we entered the classroom everyone's heads snapped towards us. I swore I saw some girls gape at Danny, but that might just be my imagination.

"Your late Ms. Williams." Mr. Carpenter, my chemistry teacher barked out.

Well no shit Sherlock.

"Yes I understand sir. My apologies." I handed him the note that Mr. Rodgers had given me.

"And who is this?" Mr. Carpenter grunted in distain whilst pointing to Danny.

"A friend of mine from out of town sir. I believe it is written on the note that he will be attending school with me today." I gestured towards the note that he had neglected to read.

I swear, if I wasn't at school and he wasn't my teacher, I would be groaning and rolling my eyes at his teacher's ignorance.

"You and your boy toy may take a seat there." Mr. Carpenter read the note quickly and then pointed to a lab station in the back. Two chairs were behind the decent sized black table.

Danny gripped my shoulder lightly and then sucked in a breath. He thought I was going to do something? At school? Ha, I already knew that Mr. Carpenter was an asshole. I wasn't going to ruin the whole good girl thing I had going on just to punch a teacher. Right?

(I gritted my teeth and clenched my fists) Right.

"Abby," whispered Danny "come on." Danny pulled me with him to our seat and I slumped down next to him. There was an unbelievable amount of girls staring and flutter their lashes as Danny. It nearly made me lose the little food I had eaten for breakfast.

**;-;**

Lunch came faster than I had anticipated, but I wasn't complaining. I was literally imagining my third period teacher as a nice steak and it took everything in me not to just go over and take a chunk out of her arm.

I really didn't want to sit in the cafeteria or outside so when Danny opted to eat in the library I was nothing but happy.

"So how's school?" Danny questioned whilst digging into his sub sandwich.

"Same as every other school. It's not like it really matters," I shrugged "I'm going to a different school next year anyway." This school wasn't really anything special and next year I would be going to a different school in a different state just like I did every year.

Danny frowned "Can't your brothers find you one school that you'll like?"

"Well senior year is coming up... And I kinda got invited to go to Rivercrest..." I murmured.

Danny looked at me with complete distain. "That snotty rich kid school? Come on Abby there is no way that you can afford to go there."

"Yeah but they offered me a scholarship." My voice barely audible as I spoke. Danny's eyes widened slightly.

"What!? Abby that's amazing!" Danny yelled before giving me a bone crushing bear hug. The librarian shushed us and then walked away slowly as she glared at us.

"You really think so?" I whispered not wanting to get the death glare from the librarian again.

"Tots." Danny squealed in a high pitched girl voice.

"Tots?"

"Yeah you know like tater tots? I don't know why girls say that I mean I don't get what the big deal is about tater tots." Danny whispered confused.

I chuckled lightly. I swear my best friend was so clueless sometimes "It's totes." I stated.

"What?"

"Totes. It's the abbreviation for totally."

"Oh. Are they too lazy to say the full word or something?" Danny asked me, his eyes showing genuine confusion.

"No they just think it sounds cool. Why would they say tots?"

"They're infatuated with tater tots." Danny said in a "duh" tone.

I giggled softly "Okay Danny. Whatever you say." I rolled my eyes playfully and began munching on my favorite food in the world: Gummy Bears. They were the nest damn thing ever invented and they were delicious. I swear I eat about a pack a week, but no one needed to know that.

We sat there in comfortable silence for a few minutes, just enjoying each others company. I couldn't remember the last time we just hung out together like this. With me moving all the time it didn't really give Danny and I the opportunity to see each other that often. Sure we texted and video chatted all the time but it wasn't the same. He flew over to whatever state I was in every year and stayed for a week or so. That was pretty much the only time we saw each other in person.

"What'd Devon get you for your birthday?" Danny questioned.

"I don't know. He was going to give it to me yesterday but everyone was watching the Super Bowl and he decided that it would be easier if he gave it to me when we move..." To be honest I was pretty disappointed that I hadn't gotten a present from Devon, but I would just have to be patient.

"Oh." Was all Danny said before we again fell into silence.

A mischievous smirk made its way onto Danny's face while he munched on his lunch. "You got your eye on anyone?"

Great this again. He asked this every year and like always the answer was- "Nope" I said popping the 'p'.

Danny groaned "Come on Abby! There has to be someone that you like."

"No. But there is someone that likes me." I grumbled.

"Ooh! Spill it gurrlll! Is he hot!?" Danny squealed, changing his voice so that it sounded like that of a teenage girl.

"She isn't my type" I muttered.

And that was all Danny could take. Soon his face was tomato red and his laughter rang through out the school library. I glared at him and we were again shushed by the librarian. After that he tried to settle down, his laughter turning into a chuckle.

"Y-you better sn-snatch her u-up!" Danny's entire body still shook as he chuckled whole heartedly.

"Shut up!" I hissed.

"Aww don't be mad Abby. I don't judge." Danny had finally calmed down but that didn't stop me from punching him in his arm. It wasn't as hard as I could but it should still hurt nonetheless.

"Ouch! What are they feeding you?" Danny grumbled rubbing his arm.

"I don't want to date anyone Danny, Cameron kind of ruined my opinion of the male population." I whispered incoherently. Some how Danny heard though. His smile faded and a solemn expression made its way into his face.

"Abby?" Danny whispered.

"Yeah?" I sighed.

"Just forget about him okay? He doesn't deserve you. Him cheating on you was his fault and it's his fault that he doesn't have you."

"I have. But it doesn't mean I'm going to date anytime soon."

Danny looked at me in a way that said he didn't believe me but he didn't push any further. Cameron and I had been broken up for almost a year now but it didn't mean that I didn't think about it. I put on a straight face -just like I always did when my ex boyfriend was brought up.

The bell rang signaling the end of lunch and the beginning of fourth period.

"Come on let's get to class before Ms. Cook skins me alive."

Danny nodded his head and threw away the remains of our lunches in a nearby trash can. We walked out of the library in silence both of us lost in our own thoughts. Could I really date again after Cameron?

Only time will tell.

A/N:

Hey guys! Sorry about not updating for an entire month! I sprained my wrist a few weeks ago trying to do a stupid freaking handstand and typing hasn't really been something I've been looking forward to. So who's Cameron? Why is it a touchy subject for Abby? And aren't you just loving Danny's character?

F.Y.I.:

Cameron will be talked about more in the next chapter and Abby should be moving to her new school by chapter four. I really want to make sure that there's a good plot and that Abby's personality is shown along with how she interacts with people before I add yet another character. I'm still thinking of the name for the main guy character that Abby meets. Either Ryder, Alexander, Eli, Ashton, Nathan or maybe even Kaden. Tell me what you think!

~Ash

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 4.5K 24
"Come on Austin. Please delete the video!" "No way." He smirks, "That'll be too easy." "What do you want from me?" "I need you to be my fake girlfr...
235K 5.8K 29
"Sorry Mr. Diper." I try saying with a straight face. "It's Mr. Piper, Kristen how many times do I have to tell you?" I pretend to think hard. "How m...
634K 21.4K 53
"Do they not say that a good friendship builds on a ground of lies?" I joke, lightening the mood immediately as his green eyes glint in humor and a s...
230K 9.5K 61
Book 1: Affinity Romance series "Watch your step Eli-phant might be to big to start an earthquake." "I heard she raids the vending machine during her...