The Blind One

Publicinterest13 által

When Elizabeth, a self consious young adult who is looking after her disabled mother is given the opportunity... Több

The Blind One.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 48
Chapter 47
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 49

2.5K 149 8
Publicinterest13 által

"Why don't you change the material" I asked Hamda a young designer who was currently stuck in a predicament.

She was still frozen, staring at her drawing and trying to figure out how to make things work.

"It's a little different, I mean the material does affect the appearance of the garment on different body types" she sighed and chewed her fake nail, a habit she needed to get out of doing

"let's go with the silk. This way the gown will be fit for any plus sized women aswell"

I nodded and wrote down the notes of what she needed. To be honest, Hamda was a genius when it came to lingerie and night clothes, she thinks about all body shapes and sizes, comfort and most of all it has to be sexy.

I'm not the type to wear fancy undergarments but recently, Hamda has forced me to do so, and I must say I'm seeing my body in a completely different way.

"Don't worry, you'll be the first to get a sample piece" she winked when she saw my expression. I rolled my eyes and finished up my notes before walking closer to her desk and flicking through the portfolio of designs.

When you've been part of a company for so long, you begin to recognise everything.

"Wow this was the first design for last season's collection" I grinned realising that it was because the design showed the most comfortable looking pants if ever worn.

"Midnight Lace" Hamda grinned at her cheesy name

"I'm still surprised they let you use that terrible name" I snorted watching her expression.

"Oh Elizabeth, you're just jealous  because you're too shy to show the big boss your designs...and I...well I've made it" she always exaggerated things.

"I'm an assistant, I can't be a designer"  I sighed and pushed myself up to grab my folder and head back to my office.

"Hey"

I turned back to her calling voice

"Killer outfit today" she winked and turned back to her work

This girl needed to stop flirting all the time.

"Wait until I tell GiGi that you're cheating on her with me" I threatened  and laughed when she whipped we head in my direction.

"You wouldn't!"

I laughed at her and shook my head "see you later Ham"

As I walked away I could hear her shouting something like "just because I'm female, you label me as food?"

I walked back to my desk and settled down in my seat. I flipped through the folders on my desk and pulled out the sheet with all he numbers on it before dialling the number that I wanted.

"Hello?"

"Max" I spoke up whilst looking at the paper of notes

"That's me"

I smiled and continued tell him the changes for all the designers "and Hamda specifically asked for silk so set her up first before giving it to anyone else" I lied

"You're always particular about her because you think she's your friend" max grumbled on the other line.

I grinned "actually...if you must know, we're a secret couple. Just don't tell GiGi "

I felt like bursting out laughing because I knew GiGi would be somewhere in that room, or even worse, se could be listening into the call

"Gigi I swear I didn't know!" I heard max shout in the background following a thud and a sharp intake. We all knew Gigi was crazy, and very very protective of whoever she was with. Although Hamda was quirky  and joked around, and Gigi was the opposite of her with her serious fashion orientated mind set and her eyes being constantly set on the prize; which is why she did so well in the company, she seemed to have a soft spot for women with a sense of humor.

I held in my laughter and cleared my throat

"Max? I need you to do this before lunch, Hamda and I have things do do at lunch"

There was a gasp "you saucy minx"

"Liz, if you don't want to lose your teeth and your pride I suggest you stay away from my woman!"

"That  Gigi?" Hamda's voice came from behind me, I turned to see her holding my work badge. I grabbed it from her with a smile and nod.

"Your woman?" I pretended to act clueless and enjoyed the frustration in Gigi's voice as she replied through her  gritted teeth.

"You're such a B-"

"Babe? Babe she's just joking with you. I'm yours and yours only" Hamda leaned over my shoulder to get closer to the phone . She said this Whilst looking at me and rolling her eyes knowing that  her so camels girlfriend needed to hear that.

"Gigi you nearly exploded...again. Will you ever learn?"

They were silent on the other line. Hamda and I looked at each other in confusion

" hello?" I enquired "Gigi? Gi-"

"Yeah hey it's max...owner of the phone that was snatched away from me." He grumbled

"Sorry about that-"

"where's Gigi?" Hamda asked before u could

"She stormed back to her office to sulk again. Some poor intern is paying for that burning right now." Max scoffed.

I slowly turned to Hamda who was tutting and shaking her heard at me. I laughed nervously and mouthed a sorry.

"Okay Thanks Max"

"See you at lunch babe"

"Sure" I replied before hanging up. I turned to Hamda .

"Do you want to go or should I go" I asked

Hamda sighed "she's my girlfriend after all" she shrugged and turned to leave.

"She just eyes jealous too easily . I'm trying to train her to be more trusting"

Hamda turned to me. "Like you trusted Garcia?" She said it in a low bitter tone that I was shocked to hear such words come out from her
Seeing me in my standing frozen state Hamda sighed and turned to face me more.

"All I'm saying is that you should let her be. Don't tease her too much. I don't like her being upset" she explained

I  nodded swallowed at the thoughts of Dalton, shocked that Hamda had said the unsaid out loud.
I trusted her!

"Sure. I'll apologise to her When she calms down." I replied and looked down
There was silence in the office

Hamda sighed  "see now you're upset too. I'm sorry I shouldn't have brought him up-"

I turned from her and say in my chair

"You should go and talk to Gigi"

I pretended to click around spreadsheets on my computer.

"Liz I-"

"She's probably really upset right now" I cut her off

"So are you!"

I turned in my chair harshly. "I'm honestly fine. I have work to do that's all...work makes me cranky" I lied with a tight smile

Hamda sighed after a kind pause and nodded before leaving the room.

I worked until late as I finished some paperwork and emails that we're going back and forth between international companies that had a share within Motion Magazine. I smiled at the relaxed email I received from a partner in Australia, an assistant like me whine I'd grown fond of and who had become my friend after a long time f sending each other emails and talking on the phone. She was a very talented member of the team with an eye for what was the latest news within the fashion industry , which helped me a lot whenever I needed an answer to a question. In the six months that I'd began working Motions I've grown accustomed to my role. My personality hasn't ready changed but has improved into a self loving positive mindset which is one reason why I am able to be myself web after the troubles that I went through.
After quickly sending her the email on reply , I finally picked up my handbag and placed my materials inside before switching off the electrical and the light . It took me half an hour o get home by bus, sometimes I would go to a cafe and have a coffee and read to relax before heading home.
It wasn't that I didn't want to go home, but the continuous questions about why I left Daltons company still remained mystery to my family, and even though they meant no harm at all, there's still a part of me that's hurst, and a huge part of me that is also curious. Yet I can't answer their questions because I have no answers to them.

How is Dalton they always ask and then I find myself getting worried and fighting my inner battles all over again in attempt to forget him.
I walked down the street with my hands in my pocket, it's spring, so everything either looks pretty or creates pretty silhouettes. I took slow strides as I headed to the usual stop.
My hands deep in my pockets as the soft breeze ran over my short haired scalp.

Why did I cut my hair? I don't know myself. But at the time six months ago it was all a blur, filled with tears and heartache.

I thought I went crazy when I woke up the best day with an alien appearance. Then i started to think about what the hair was really there for. All I did was pack it up and take it out when I got home. It was simple and dull, just like my life at the time.
Now that I think about it with the smile on my face, breathing in the fresh spring air...cutting my hair was one the best decisions of ever made.

I stopped when I got to the quiet cafe owned by a man who was special in my heart. Through the glass doors i could see him wiping the tables, his lips moving as thought he was...singing?

I smiled at the white haired man who'd lost his wife but decided to carry on her legacy through the cafe...he wanted to carry out her dream. And he was doing it!

My phone buzzed and I slid it out of my pocket taking my attention away from Mr Moe.
I answered the phone only to be greeted by sherry asking if I'm eating out again.
The tone in her voice made me guilty . I hesitated before replying that I was infant eating out.

She sighed and once again told me how she's there for me if I needed to talk. Or a teenage student sherry had suddenly become very mature.

"I know sher" i smiled and asked her if she needed me to get her anything on my way home.
She told me the few bit and pieces shed run out of and made sure I wrote it down.

"Oh and Your mum and my dad keep asking when you're free for the dress shopping"

I sighted and punched my nose before pushing myself so that my heels took some steps into the cafe. Mr Moe looked up and waved , I gestured to the phone and waved back.

He gave me the gesture that said its fine, I know what you want before going behind the counter to get my cake and make my coffee. I smiled gratefully before sitting down in my usual seat by the window and facing away from the door. I didn't like watching people as they walked in...it's rude.

"Hey I have to go, I'll speak to you when I get home. And don't worry about the wedding dress, we have to find the venue first, there's no way your dad will get married in a church"

"No chance" she laughed knowingly

"So you and I need to do the venue first and dresses after"

Sherry sighed in agreement before saying bye and hanging up.

I looked up from the had placing the coffee on the table only to find Mr Moe smiling down at me

We sat an chatted like the usual and hit told me more about the beauty that his wife possessed
I smiled fondly at their love and wished that one day I could be able to say such things about my lover.

"She was talented, beautiful and an angel " he said in a teary tone before I grabbed his hand to Console him.

"She's in heaven where an angel like jet deserves to be" I muttered softly.

He nodded with a smile before asking me about my day

Suddenly he stopped short with a blank look and then zoned back to looking at me in the eyes

"Right, before i forget...there was a young lady who came here saying she was looking for you."

Who in this world could be possibly looking for me

"She said it was regarding a Mr Garcia?"

My head whipped to look at him and I almost spilled the perfectly good drink.

"Sorry...sorry Mr Moe" I apologized for startling the poor man. "Did you say Mr-"

"Dalton Garcia? Yes..." He nodded before standing up from his seat. Dalton? And there I was thinking it was his father-
"Apparently they need you to go to this hospital."

as soon as I heard that I flew from my seat and went over to the counter where he stood holding his phone. He slipped his glasses at the top of his nose and scrolled down his phone before turning to show me...

I snatched the phone without thinking only to see Mr Moe's expression which made me feel terrible. I apologized once again and then pushed my granting thoughts to the back of my mind.

"Did she say why she wanted me to go there?"I asked as i looked into the older mans eyes.

"Only that a Mr Del-"

"Dalton" I corrected him in a haste. His expression showing recognition to the name yet sounding so alien to hear my voice call his name after so long.

"Yes. He has been hospitalised"

With those words on their own I dashed out of the cafe, as soon as the cold air hit me I got some of my senses back

I need the address

I dashed back into the cafe to find Mr Moe still standing where I'd left him, he looked up at me in shock as I walked to him

"I'm sorry for having to leave this way" I rushed "but cups you text me the address?"

Mr Mor hesitantly nodded and looked down at his phone before he looked at me,

"Don't worry about me" he spoke "go to him"

With a warm smile I kissed the man on the cheek ad dashed out of the Cafe. At that moment I wished I was in a Mercia where you could just stop a cab as you go, but here in England you had to call a cab for it to come to you.

"Come on come on Mr Moe" I tapped my hands whilst walking or rather stomping in the direction of travel nearest bus stop.

Just then my phone buzzed in my hand indicating that if received a messege.

"London Bridge hospital" I mumbled...I instantly stopped and crossed the road towards the train station.
If it's a hospital in London Bridge then it would be easier to get a train. Although the it was slightly expensive j managed to push the thoughts of saving money out of my head and focused on getting to Dalton on time.

I wondered why Marie came to find me, after the last time I saw her we hadn't really spoken. Nor had I spoken to Dalton apart from the emails here and there.

I walked into the train and impatiently waited for it to start moving. I couldn't even think about sitting down despite there being several seats available.

I groaned and decided to call him instead, hoping that his number hadn't changed

It rang and went straight to voicemail

I sighed in frustration, my heart beating faster. Is he okay?

I swallowed and went to try again only to find my phone ringing.
It's him!

I hesitated before answering it only to hear the voice of Marie whom I almost didn't recognise.

"H-Hi" I stuttured "it's Elizabeth, I heard you came to find me in regards to Mr Garcia? Is everything alright?"

I hope to sound as professional as I could

Marie's voice sounded tired and croaky, something told me nothing was okay "yes I came to find you but you weren't at work when I came"

I frowned I left work late
"I'm sorry about that, is everything okay?" I was getting persistent

Marie sighed "h-he just collapsed"

My heart stopped

"He'd been  having sever headaches but never said anything until it was too late" Marie almost sobbed out the words in pain
Guilt spread through me for not at least checking up on him. I hadn't thought about the impact it would have on him to end whatever it was we had, I thought I was the only one suffering that I shunned him and ignored everything about him. I drove him to this situation

"-doctor said they will have to do surgery on his eyes...he might be able to see again" Marie whispered

I blinker rapidly at the odd news

"hey are you there?"

"Yes" my voice was too small, I straightened up and soon heard my station being called "I'm still here...I'm coming to the hospital right now"

With that I stepped off the train and made my way to see that man that I'd tried all my best to forget.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.8K 187 14
Amanda Collin a college student is looking for a job to pay her college fees, one unfortunate incident with an arrogant man makes her indebted to him...
3.2K 45 12
<ART ISNT MINE> *you started working at the daycare in your town because you were slowly losing money after Mason (ex boyfriend) left you. You...
193 68 8
Carlandra Boodoo's family has had a struggle with money for all of her nineteen years of living - even before that. Carlandra watches her mother stre...
281 15 10
A black woman named Lucy who works as a Barista at a cafe in New York city and enjoys reading novels ends up working for a stuck up ,snobby , Asian...