Daddy's Cowgirl (Completed) *...

By iheartreading2007

No one will ever know the pain that she feels. The pain that began the day her mother was killed in a car acc... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue <3
Daddy's Cowgirl 2

Daddy's Cowgirl

95.3K 608 97
By iheartreading2007

My name is Elizabeth and this is my life. I am the average 17 year old girl about to start the 11th grade in high school. I play a few sports, like softball, cross country and track, but mainly I help take care of the family farm. I have a few very good friends that are very near and dear to my heart. High school so far has been hell for me, I'm picked on incessantly, as are some of my friends. I love my parents, even though I have a strenuous relationship with my father. It wasn't always like this but since my mom died a couple of years ago from a car accident nothing in my life has been the same. She kept everything right in my world, she was my best friend and I miss her terribly. So, as I said this is my life but more importantly this is my life after losing my mother.

"Ugh," I groan as I roll over and slap my alarm clock.

Awesome, it's the first day of my junior year. Can anyone hear the sarcasm in that thought? The only good thing about this being my junior year is the fact that it is the last year I have to deal with the bitches in the grade above me.

I throw the blankets off of me and head for the shower. When the hot water hits my skin I immediately become more alert. After showering I hurriedly do my hair so I can grab some clothes. Being the amazing person I am I did not plan out my "first day" outfit. Walking out of the bathroom and over to my closet I try to think of what to wear today as it's the first day. The first day most people try to dress up and while I want this day to be good I doubt the "perfect outfit" will make my day go better.

Going with a plain pair of blue jeans that are nicer than my work ones I also grab underwear. After slipping them on I grab the jeans I already picked out and pull them on quickly. I head over to the shirts and after sifting through the shirts I snag a random one that I picked up at a concert I went to this Summer. Swiftly pulling it over my head I reach back and pull my long hair from where it's currently trapped under my shirt as I walk over to my black cowboy boots. Before leaving the closet I snag a pair of socks heading over to my bed. Once I'm done pulling the boots on I grab my cell phone, book bag, and car keys, only stopping to snag my wallet off of my dresser.

I head out of my room and toward the stairs down the hall which lead me to the kitchen. From the lack of noise throughout the house I know that I'm alone, just how I like it. Well, I don't exactly like being alone but when you live with someone that acts and reacts to things like I do then you begin to enjoy the times you are alone.

Walking over to the fridge I grab 2 eggs out and hurriedly start making my breakfast. Sitting my breakfast, two eggs sandwiches, on the counter I quickly pour myself a glass of milk. Taking a sip as I head over to the bar. As soon as I take a big bite out of my sandwich my phone starts blaring Spice Girls 'Wannabe'. A huge grin lights my face and I snag my phone swallowing quickly. Of course that was a bad idea because now I'm choking to death. Damn it. I put the phone up to my ear still choking. When I am finally done trying to be murdered by my egg sandwich I hear laughter on the other end of the line.

"Seriously?! I could be dying right now and all I get is laughter from you? Thanks for the concern darlin'." I scoff and then take a sip of my milk which helps to soothe my pained throat. Bad egg sandwich, bad, I mentally scold the evil sandwich.

"Well you should learn to chew better E," she says while letting out a little laugh.

I just roll my eyes then realize she can't see it. "Whatever Nicole." I grumble.

"I know you just rolled your eyes and just so you know I don't appreciate it. Today is going to suck enough without you being grumpy." She states honestly.

"Yeah yeah, I hear you. I'm going to eat and head up to school. What's your ETA?" I question taking another bite of my sandwich.

"I'll be ready to leave in 15 or so." She says hurriedly soon followed by something falling.

"Ok, well that means you'll be ready in 30 and I should be at school by then." I say after chewing my food, thoroughly this time.

"Oh shut it E. I'm sorry I take longer than you." She says trying to sound offended.

Snorting out a laugh I quickly reply. "You and I both know it's the truth girl. You take forever and a day to get ready."

"Yeah, yeah. I'll see you at school." She says ending the call and making me chuckle again.

Quickly finishing my sandwiches I hurriedly head back up to my room and brush my teeth. Dropping my toothbrush in the glass I open my makeup drawer and apply a tiny amount. I'm not big on makeup unless I'm going anywhere other than school. After throwing on some black mascara and clear lip gloss I head for the door.

I love my truck. It's a pretty blue, Ford F-150 4x4, jacked up a little, with "Cowgirl Up" written in black cursive on the tail gate. I throw my bag into my truck and climb in the driver's seat. I put the key in the ignition and start her up. Popping it in reverse and backing out of my parking spot I head up the driveway to the front gate. Yes I have a designated parking spot at my house. My dad is very serious about his spot, mom never cared but she's not here to say anything about that.

Shaking away my thoughts I quickly hop out and open the gate. Once I'm through I have to hop back out and close the gate, latching it. Again, tedious but it's a huge rule at our house. My dad is very paranoid about someone stealing our farm equipment. Yeah it's expensive but seriously? Is someone really going to come in and steal our tractor without someone in this tiny town noticing?

I hop back into my truck and click my seat belt back on. I throw it into drive and head out of my tiny small town to the semi bigger, but still small, town where I go to school. I go to school in the town next to ours because my town is so small we don't have a high school, only an elementary. Yes, we are that small. I don't mind the drive because I get to blare my music for 15 minutes before I have to be in hell for the day.

I finally get to the school and happily pull into a spot with an open one beside it. I say happily only because as I said my music puts me into a good mood. I grab my stuff, hop out and stand in the middle of the parking spot so someone else doesn't take the spot. The parking lot isn't very full but it can fill up pretty quickly. She and I have been doing this since we got our vehicles. If I'm the first one here I will and vice versa. It may sound weird to some but we aren't the only ones that do this. Even now as I glance around the parking lot I see a few others doing the exact same thing.

I'm not standing there but for 5 or so minutes when a white Mustang, with hot pink stripes that go across the top of it, pulls into the parking lot. When they are closer I step up to the back of my tail gate and lean against it. She slips in the spot and hops out. She has medium length blonde straight hair and big green eyes. She's wearing a pair of 3 inch red heels, black jeans and a red and black off the shoulder top. She has her usual make up on, she wears more than I do but she can do that because it always looks perfect. Her eye shadow is smoky making her green eyes pop even more giving her that mysterious look, she has eye liner and mascara on. Her makeup ends with a clear lip gloss on her pretty pink lips. Yep, not fair to have such a pretty best friend.

She starts to head over to me but halfway I raise my eye brow up at her effectively stopping her. She tilts her head to the side before her eyes light up in realization. She turns around and grabs her back pack and purse from the inside of her car. When she finally reaches my side we hug.

"So," I say, "drop the tail gate and wait or head in?"

"Drop the tail gate, we'll go ahead and wait on everyone here," she suggests.

I step back and pop the tail gate. Since I'm only 5' 2", my boots don't help that much in the height department, I toss my bag in the back and take a step back. I leap into the air and twist where my butt can land on the tail gate. I hear a snort and turn to see Nicole shaking her head at me. She tosses her stuff to land by my mine and turns around. She places her hands behind her on the tail gate and hops up landing perfectly. She can do this since she's 5' 5" without heels.

"Don't hate at the shortness." I say sticking my tongue out at her.

"Whatever shrimp." She says teasingly.

"You can't call me shrimp you're only a few inches taller than me! You only have the advantage because of your heels you have on chica." I say even though we both know it isn't true.

"Whatever don't be jealous." She replies laughing.

"Be jealous of what? No one pesters me about getting anything from the top shelf." I say as I join in on her laughing.

We only have to sit there for 10 minutes before we start seeing a few of our friends. We have an odd group of friends to say the least. If you saw us all together you would do a double take. Nicole is well Nicole; she's kind of hard to explain. She's gorgeous and by her looks alone she could fit in with the more popular kids. However that would mean she would have to put up with their bullshit and that is never going to happen. I am the average country girl but I love almost any kind of music you throw at me. Rap, R&B, Blues, Country, Rock, the list goes on and on. I have a 'dark and twisty' mind as me and Nicole call it. This makes it very easy for me to go from happy to depressed in 3 seconds flat.

As I said we have a very odd group. First, there's Derek, he's a year older than us and he dresses in clothes specifically bought from Hot Topic. The big black pants with chains and all of his shirts have a band on them. He has glasses but not the big kind that makes you think nerd when you look at him. Not that we call anyone nerds, I honestly hate labels, there are few that aren't hurtful in some way. Derek has, dirty blonde hair cut almost all the way down to his scalp, about 5' 8", he's on the more lanky build since he isn't into sports of any kind. When you see him you wouldn't think that he actually loves jazz and blues as well as his different rock music. Before you get any ideas at all about me and him, he's my cousin and that's disgusting.

Most of the time he has his annoying on again off again girlfriend Katy around him. I loathe her. She is 5' 2", skinny, tight little blonde curls and big blue eyes. I loathe her for the simple reason she thinks it's perfectly okay to butt into me and Derek's relationship. She shows up to family functions and attaches herself to him like they are married or something. I sincerely pray that they do not get married. If they do I may have to kill her. I have plenty of land to bury her on....hmmmm.

Next, you have Katherine, or as we call her Kathy. You can try and call her Kat but you won't walk away without a bruise somewhere on your body. She wears combat boots, a knee length black skirt with black fish nets on her arms and legs. She has a black shirt with some rock band on the front. She also loves Hello Kitty, don't ask me why she just does. She has dirty blonde hair cut short in the back and it gradually gets longer in the front. She has her regular makeup on, thick black eyeliner and black mascara. If you don't know her you would avoid her and you guessed it. She shops at Hot Topic as well. I'm not saying anything bad about her it's just a fact. Hell I love Hot Topic, I get the funniest looks when I go in there because of my country clothes but I love the music they play in there.

I break out of my thoughts when I feel a back leaning against my legs that are still dangling off of the tail gate. I'm not surprised when I glance to see Derek there. I let a big grin slip onto my face and wrap my arms around his shoulders and pop my chin on his shoulder. You probably think this is odd but again I state he is my cousin. We used to have sleepovers when we were younger. We still do but I have to tell my parents that I'm staying at Nicole's. I used to use his older sister Kelly as my excuse but she moved out and got married. She is pretty kick ass too. We are a lot a like but raised in different types of homes.

"Hey cuz." I say giving his shoulders an extra squeeze.

He glances over his shoulder with a smirk on his face as I lean back. "Heya Liz."

I look up and quickly say my "hello" to Katy with a fake smile placed on my face. Ugh I don't like her.

Kathy shoves Derek off of me and pulls me off the tail gate. "Hey Ho," she says brightly as she wraps her arms around me, this is the reason we are friends. She seems bad ass, ok she is, but she is also hilarious and has an amazing personality. You just don't want to get on her bad side.

I throw my arms around her and hug her fiercely back. "Hey back atcha. So how are we feeling about hell today?" I ask the group after having to hop back on the tail gate. I notice Derek about to step back up to where he was previously but Katy efficiently cutting him off by throwing her arms around his waist. He glances up at me and sends me an apologetic look. He doesn't hold her back but doesn't shove her off. He just lets his arms hang by his side. Grr, I loathe her. I wonder if I can accidentally injure her in some way that no one will be able to blame me. I swear I am not crazy and while both Nicole and Kathy get along with her but even after a little while they get annoyed. I receive an elbow into my side. I quickly look over and see Kathy and Nicole with evil smirks but both are shaking their heads at me. Damn it they know me too well.

I shake off my evil thoughts when I hear the warning bell go off. I glance around the parking lot to see everyone heading in. We look over our schedules together as we walk toward the door and sadly we have very few classes together. We separate immediately when we walk inside since we have nothing to put in our lockers yet and all walk to our separate classes. I do have to say that whoever made the schedules are without a doubt pure evil. I mean why does my day have to start with History? Seriously?!?! I hate History. Ugh.

I run over to History because the bell is going to ring any second and I wasted plenty of time whining about having History first period. As I turn the corner to enter the room I run smack into a hard wall. My stuff goes flying, closing my eyes I wait for the pain of the floor only to feel strong hands grab my waist and steady me. I open my eyes to meet the deepest blue eyes I have ever seen in my life. I stare into them for lord only knows how long but it's broken when the bell rings. Shit. I jerk back and start picking my notebook up and shoving my pens into my back pocket. I stand up to see him still standing there. Recognition hits me square in between the eyes

Chris Armstrong.

Vote & comment! let me know what you think. i have about 10 or so chapters written for this one. I have been writing at home a lot here lately!!! :) I'm dedicating this first chapter to an amazing writer that i love every story of her's i have read! if you haven't heard of her i highly recommend you check her stories out. You won't be disappointed! Thanks!

****** This is edited and I would love feedback please. If you are new to this story please remember this is a rough draft and I'm only just beginning to edit things around here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 61.2K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...
6.7K 238 25
[COMPLETED] There are two things you can count on in a small town, bad weather and boys who can make your heart thump faster than a horse's hooves ...
1.7K 52 15
What would you do when you wake up on your birthday to find your parents gone? Midnight didn't know how to react. Men came for her and she listened t...
90.9K 668 24
"Why is this turning you on?" "Because you made me love it." I snap. ~~~ Elizabeth was just a typical h...