three a.m. ➳ zustin a.u.

By iamderekhale

what was supposed to be a 3 a.m. call to his ex turned into something far more. ©inspiringwifi | 2016 More

prologue ➳ at 3 a.m.
one ➳ call back
two ➳ 6a.m.
three ➳ ring ring
four ➳ is it too late now to say
five ➳ new message!
read this (please read it)
six ➳ beautiful
seven ➳ a for awkward
eight ➳ relationshits
nine ➳ snapchat me that
ten ➳ mama knows best
eleven ➳ here comes trouble
twelve ➳ pretty and petty
fourteen ➳ no pressure
fifteen ➳ fOoL fOr YoU
sixteen ➳ don't tell me you're my heartbreaker
snap [zustin]
seventeen ➳ wth
eighteen ➳ tweet tweet
nineteen ➳ let's start a riot
author's note
twenty ➳ far away
twenty one ➳ grass ain't greener
twenty two ➳ surprise
twenty three ➳ recovery
twenty four ➳ you plus me
twenty five ➳ hold tight
twenty six ➳ familiar faces
The DUFF (Zustin Mieber AU)
twenty seven ➳ chances
twenty eight ➳ top to bottom
twenty nine ➳ everybody hates bieber
thirty one ➳ bye bye lily
thirty two ➳ yes sir
epilogue ➳ mine

thirteen ➳ jack in a box

4.2K 342 286
By iamderekhale

I'm getting all my love back and the comments are at 1k and the votes are at 900 and I've always wanted to have a fic with more comments than votes so thank you guys. ❤️

I'm so sleep deprived it's not even a joke. Like I literally stay up writing three to four chapters at a time. BUT IM NOT COMPLAINING. But like literally, I'm gonna hold back from writing tonight and get some god damn sleep because guys, I look HOR-RI-BLE!

And please promise me you guys won't hate me for this chapter. ITS LIKE BORING AND STUFF HAPPENS PLS FORGIVE ME PLEEEASSSEEE.

Also I GOT ASKED A QUESTION. I NEED TO SHARE.

"How big is this huge blow out argument?" - @xx_luvmyself_xx

Guys, this argument is pretty big and upsetting. There is literal madness and upsetting-ness because of misunderstandings. And it spreads through their list of friends on Facebook too so literally everyone is involved (because of Justin) and it gets outta hand like wayyyyyyyy outta hand. And then more stuff happens that leads into more stuff and then HAPPINESS and then I MESS YOU GUYS UP ALL OVER AGAIN LIKE I AM TOO FUCKING EXCITED KILL ME NOW GUYS IM GETTING EXCITED THINKING ANOUT IT!!!!!!!

NO BUT SERIOUSLY, IM HYPING UP THEIR FIRST BIG ARGUMENT WHEN REALLY, THE ARGUMENT OF THE YEAR ISNT EVEN BETWEEN THEM GUYS ITS TOO RICH I WANT TO SKIP CHAPTERS TO WRITE THIS BUT I CANT

But anywho....

Dats daddy. ❤️

Evening shifts were always Zayn's favorites. There were usually more people at the diner which meant more tips and due to his accent and good looks, he got more attention than other waiters.

This particular Thursday wasn't all that great though. The diner was actually dry and it made no sense, but it still gave him some time to himself.

Whereas Zayn would usually be texting Justin at a time like this, that day he scribbled song lyrics that popped up into his mind onto his notepad. It's been quite some time since he's written anything, being distracted easily and all. But now seemed like the best time to write a song given the fact that he actually has inspiration.

There are so many words that could describe what he has with Justin, what he feels towards the man. There were too much in fact. That seems to be the very reason that he couldn't get a proper line down without crossing it out. Brainstorming only made his head hurt more because there was so much to say with such little space to jot it all down on.

It was agony at it's finest.

Zayn would give just about anything to be able to talk to Justin at that moment, but sadly, he screwed all of that up.

If there was one thing he hated more than falling in love it was finding himself in a predicament such as this one. One where his feelings were so intense that not even he could describe what it was.

Honestly, Zayn began to regret even trying to call Liam that night.

Why had he been so desperate? Why did he still love someone who obviously didn't feel the same? Why did he still care so much? Why did he do that to himself?

So many questions, absolutely no answers.

Now here he was, driving himself nuts over yet another man who probably doesn't care about him the way he claims that he does.

Zayn would love to blame it on Liam for approaching him that one day. He would love to blame it on Justin for posting that picture of Hailey which infuriated him even more. But he couldn't because this one was all on him. For the first time, Zayn is the only one to blame and that just made the whole situation even worse. There was no one else suffering with him. He was sitting, burying himself with negative thoughts and emotions while the only two guys he's ever cared for on a romantic level were living out their lives at the moment.

If that isn't depressing, then honestly, what is?

Thankfully for Zayn, the bell of the diner dung, notifying him of the presence of customers. The sound was followed by a whole lot of laughter and when he turned, he saw four men walking through the double glass doors.

He stood immediately, silently thanking God for striking at the right time. Zayn flipped to a clean page of his notepad and waited patiently as the group walked over to one of the empty tables by the windows. He waited approximately five minutes and it wasn't until then that he approached them. Upon his arrival, he'd already caught the attention of all four males.

There was absolutely no denying that the guys who sat before him were attractive. And it wasn't an opinion, it was a fact. Zayn was sure that somewhere in a book of science, it's listed as one of the world known facts.

They all looked just as young as himself but had features that made Zayn question that.

And when one of the cuter ones decided to grin at him as if they knew exactly what he was thinking, well, Zayn almost lost his calm.

"Uh, hey, my name is Zayn and I'll be your waiter this evening. Can I get you guys anything or, do you still need time?"

"I'll have the breakfast special with a vanilla milkshake please," the rather skinny blonde responded right away before fixing his glasses.

Zayn jotted it down and heard someone snicker, "leave it to you to eat breakfast for dinner."

"It's never a bad time for pancakes."

"I agree," one of the others guys responded, "I'll have what he's having."

Zayn nodded once and took down that information before looking back down at the guys. Next was the attractive Asian brunette, "I'll have the bacon cheeseburger, extra cheese and onions, not too many pickles though. And I'd like a large Dr. Pepper."

"Onion rings or French fries?"

"Can I have both?"

"If you're willing to pay," Zayn answered with a shrug.

"Both it is than."

Lastly was the one who caught his eye the most, the one with the dark brown hair, double chin, sharp jawline and a dazzling smile.

"Can I have the chicken tenders with a side of fries and a Sprite."

As he wrote down the last order, the cute guy spoke up again, "and maybe, your number?"

Zayn smirked but did not say anything before turning around and walking off. As he did so, he heard a round of "oohs" travel around the table.

Playing hard to get was always something he enjoyed. But he would usually only do this when he wasn't that interested. There was no denying that the guy was definitely eye candy.

Zayn considered the man's presence as a message that he too should relax a little bit and take a break. If Justin could go on and fuck around, Zayn should be able to too.

From the three trips he took to and from their table and the small amount of eavesdropping, Zayn found out all their names within the two hours they were there: Carter, Cameron, Jack and another Jack, the Jack that he is taking a certain liking in. He also found out the Cameron has a girlfriend who he's becoming very aggravated with, blonde Jack probably has a crush on Cameron, Cameron probably likes him back too. Carter is a fuckboy with no chill and does not care who knows it. And lastly, Jack with the messy brown hair and pretty brown eyes has recently ended a relationship with his ex Madison and really, really wants to get with Zayn.

Carter has made it kind of obvious that he was into Zayn also, well, wanted to fuck him at least. And that was okay because Carter was far from ugly.

But Jack actually told Carter to back off and he did.

He and Jack, the cuter Jack, kept making eye contact and every time Jack would either grin or wink.

Jack didn't seem to care that much that he got rejected. But Zayn wasn't really planning on leaving him hanging, he was just waiting for the right time and when he found out that Jack was the one paying for all their meals, the opportunity seemed like gold.

He wrote a simple note:

My shift is over in thirty minutes if you wanna wait. But if not, call me sometime, 766-555-4012.

The second he got back to the table, he didn't even need to ask, Jack was already pulling out his wallet.

He placed the small tray with the receipt on it in front of the man and walked off.

Not too long after, he was walking back over to their table to collect the bill and the very generous tip.

Like he had expected and hoped for, Jack waited even after his friends left.

Zayn ended up having quite the make out in the backseat of Jack's car, and he was not ashamed of it.

[~]

THEY DID NOT HAVE SEX! I REPEAT, THEY DID NOT HAVE SEX! OKAY!!!!!!!

Don't even worry your precious little souls, Jack is gonna appear like one more time for a short period of time then be thrown in the garbage man.

Zayn just needed a little stress reliever so don't worry.

And AGAIN keep in mind that he also thinks something is going on between Hailey and Justin.

I hope this chapter wasn't that bad. And sorry for giving you guys no Justin action, but JUSTIN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER I PROMISE.

I love you all very very very very very very much. ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418K 15.5K 70
Coming out must be hard but only doing so because you can no longer hide your feelings for your bestfriend is unimaginable. A story about falling in...
365 49 19
That very moment I felt my heart pounding and I couldn't seem to say anything. "Hey Alison, are you still there?" He asked. "Ummm... Yes yes... Look...
1.6M 24.4K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
62 0 13
"I have to tell you something, Lime-Boy." "Uh-huh. What exactly do you need to tell me that's so important that you decided to call and wake me up at...