Looking Series Book 1

By White_Tiger83

Lexie's life became complicated when she started her internship at Seattle Grace and even more complicated wh... More

Looking for You Again
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
LOOKING SERIES BOOK 2
Looking Series Book 2

Chapter 10

1.5K 37 0
By White_Tiger83

He didn't think he could've went to sleep last night even if he tried. The shocking news that he had yet another daughter was reeling in his head. After the big revelation of Andy's parentage, Mark went to Joe's but no matter how much alcohol he downed, he remembered every detail of the previous night's happenings. Of course, Joe took his keys so he spent the night at the hospital in an on-call room. He was on his way home now where he planned to tell Julia everything along with Callie, Arizona, and Sofia. This had been kept a secret long enough—he wanted everything out in the open. He called Callie while he was on his way home and told her, Arizona, Sofia, and herself needed to come over. Nothing had gone according to plan at all yesterday. He was going to propose to Julia at dinner in front of all their friends but that didn't happen. Right before he was about to do it, he wanted to use the bathroom to calm his nerves. Unfortunately, someone was using the downstairs bathroom, which is what caused Mark to go upstairs in the first place. He hated to think that if he would've never went upstairs, he'd be engaged but he wouldn't have found out about Andy. He tried his best to enter the condo as quietly as possible but it didn't matter. There was Julia sitting on the couch, looking concerned and worried.

"Mark!" She exclaimed, jumping up from the couch as she did so. "Where've you been? I was so worried!" She said in a rush as she started checking him over.

"I'm fine." He said as he peeled off his jacket and headed to the kitchen to get some much needed coffee.

"You didn't answer my question," Julia said as she followed him into the kitchen. "Where were you?"

"I was at Joe's." He sighed wearily.

"Why? You just drove off without any explanation! Callie and Arizona had to drive me home."

"Sorry about that." He mumbled before sipping on his coffee.

"We were all worried about you," Julia stressed. "You want to tell me what's going on?"

"I will but," Mark came over and placed both of his hands on Julia's shoulders. "It's complicated and Callie, Arizona, and Sofia need to hear this too."

"Is it bad?" Julia asked concerned. "Are you sick?"

"No,no. It's nothing like that." Mark assured her.

"Alright."

"I've already told Callie, Arizona, and Sofia to come over."

"Mark—" Julia began but was cut-off by the sound of the key unlocking the front of the door.

"Good," Mark said knowing Callie, Arizona, and Sofia had arrived because they were the only people who had spare keys. "We can get this out the way." He said as he walked to the hallway with Julia closely behind him.

"This better be good," Callie told him. "We're missing all the Black Friday deals."

"Calliope, I've told you, if you want those deals you've got to get up way earlier than this."

"Yeah, yeah." Callie said. "So Mark, what's up?"

"You guys should sit down." He told them as they all looked at him worriedly.

"Daddy, are you okay?" Sofia asked concerned as she sat between her moms.

"I'm fine squirt. I promise."

"Alright Mark, out with it." Julia said impatiently as she sat in an armchair.

"Sofia, your moms and Julia already know this part but I'm just going to give you a short version of it. Andy's mom and I used to be a thing—"

"You and Lexie? But she's so much younger than you."

"Thanks captain obvious," Mark sighed. "Anyways, we were a thing but due to…certain circumstances, we broke up and she moved to Boston. When she went to Boston, she found out she was pregnant…and according to the birth certificate I was the last person she slept with." Mark finished.

"Wait, are you saying that—" Julia started but was interrupted by Sofia.

"Andy's my sister?" Sofia knitted her eyebrows.

"Yep." Mark answered as he stuffed his hands in his back pocket.

"Holy shit." Arizona mumbled.

"She's lying." Callie stated.

"Callie." Mark moaned.

"Why would she tell you after all this time? She's obviously lying!"

"I agree with Callie," Julia concurred. "You've got to get a paternity test!"

"I don't think she's lying…she's never lied to me before." Mark told them.

"News flash! If Andy is yours, she clearly lied!" Callie pointed out.

"Alright, alright. Everybody just calm down," Arizona said, being the voice of reason. "Mark, do you have reason to believe that Andy is yours?"

"She has my eyes." He said wistfully.

"A million other people have blue eyes too!" Callie said annoyed. "Get a damn paternity test."

"Callie—"

"No Mark! Lexie Grey is always ruining your life. This is exactly what I was afraid of…that she would come back into your life and start some damn drama! She's a Grey; it's what they do."

"Calm down, Calliope." Arizona said as she placed her hand on Callie's shoulder.

"Don't tell me to calm down! Lexie Grey is a life ruiner and I'm not going to sit by and watch her ruin Mark's happiness."

"You say it like she planned all of this." Mark said acidly.

"You never know," Callie shrugged. "What if this is some plan for her to get you back again, huh? You ever think about that?"

"Callie please. It's been sixteen years since Lexie and I have had any interest in each other." Mark said. He looked around and could gauge everyone's feelings—except one. Callie was upset, Julia was upset and skeptical, Arizona seemed calm but surprised, but Mark wasn't sure how Sofia felt about all this. "Sof, how do you feel about all this?"

"I…I don't know," Sofia said truthfully. "Andy is a great girl and a wonderful friend. I felt bad when I found she grew up without a father but you're my dad and I've never had to share you with anybody else."

"And you aren't going to have to because all this is bullshit and Andy is not your sister."

"We don't know that Callie." Arizona pitched in.

"Why don't we find out then? We're all doctors who work in a hospital. Mark, get swabbed, get Andy swabbed and then we'll know." Callie said.

"I think that's a good idea," Julia shook her head. "Let's do it today."

"Wait a minute. This can't be a one-sided decision. I've got to talk to Lexie and Andy to see if they're comfortable with it."

"Comfortable?" Callie laughed cynically. "I don't really think she gets a choice. She shows up after sixteen years and claims this kid is yours. It's only right…you had it done when Sloane showed up."

"Don't you want to be sure, Mark?" Julia asked.

"Of course I want to be sure." He mumbled. He couldn't explain to them that he was pretty sure that Andy was his. She had his eyes and some of his features. Sofia was all Callie but Mark had gotten a chance to really look at Andy since he'd met her and she was only half Lexie—and now that he knew he was the father—half him. Callie was making it seem like Lexie had some kind of vengeful plan to reconcile with him but he knew Lexie and he knew she didn't have a vengeful bone in her body.

Her eyes squinted harshly against the sun. Lexie glanced over at her clock on the nightstand, which was currently blocked by a half empty bottle of Jose Cuervo. She pushed the bottle gently so she could read the time on the clock. It was 11:00 AM and she was definitely supposed to be at the hospital an hour and a half ago.

"Fuck!" She swore as she sat up quickly but then after feeling dizzy she sat back down. "Ugh…maybe I'll have to call off." She groaned as she laid back on the bed. She was just about to reach for her phone on the nightstand when it started to ring. She sat up once again and reached for it. She sighed heavily when it displayed that Owen was calling. She pressed the accept button and pressed her ear to the receiver.

"Hello?" She croaked out.

"Grey, where the hell are you? You were supposed to be here an hour and half ago!" He exclaimed, causing Lexie to wince.

"Uh…yeah. Dr. Hunt, I'm going to have to take a sick day."

"Grey…"

"C'mon Dr. Hunt, I came in yesterday on my day off. I need a day, alright?"

"Alright." Owen grumbled before he disconnected the line

"Well bye to you too." Lexie mumbled before she threw her phone on the bed. She slipped under the covers and pondered on everything that had happened last night. She wondered how Andy was; should she call her? Would Andy even pick up her phone? Lexie didn't know what to do in these kinds of situations. She and Andy had never had a fight. Lexie felt for her phone and grabbed it. She went to Andy's contact and heard her phone dialing. It rang, and rang, and rang but she got no answer. She sighed heavily before hanging up. She proceeded to call Meredith's cell phone. Once again it rang and rang until Lexie heard her sister's voice on the other line.

"Hey, Lexie." Meredith greeted.

"Hey. How's Andy?" Lexie asked, cutting right to the chase.

"She's okay but she hasn't talked about it."

"Oh," Lexie ran a hand through her hair. "That's not a good sign."

"Yeah, I know," There was moment of silence before Meredith continued. "How're you holding up?"

"I'm…ok. I guess."

"Weren't you supposed to go in today?"

"I took a sick day. I'm sure nobody wants a hung over neurosurgeon operating on them."

"So you got shitfaced anyways." Meredith commented.

"I sure did."

"You aren't the only one." Meredith mumbled.

"Huh?" Lexie asked confused.

"Apparently, Mark drunk dialed Derek a few times last night."

"Oh." Lexie said.

"Yeah."

"I can't really blame him." Lexie sighed dejectedly.

"C'mon, Mer!" Lexie heard Cristina's voice in the background.

"Look Lexie, I've got to go. Cristina and I have to do some stuff."

"Okay. Will you tell Andy that I love her and I'm sorry?"

"I will," Meredith said and Lexie could imagine her smiling a bit. "You should come over and try to talk to her."

"I don't think she wants to talk to me right now."

"No, she doesn't but you're still her mom. She has a lot of feelings right now and she needs you there with her to help sort them out. Maybe you guys should go to therapy?" Meredith suggested.

"No way. I hate therapy…it's awkward. Remember group therapy after the shooting?"

"That was completely different. Therapy helps. Trust me, I know."

"I'll think about—" Lexie couldn't finished because there was a bit of a scuffle and next thing she knew, Cristina's voice was on the line.

"She'll talk to you later, Lexipedia." Cristina said before hanging up on Lexie.

"Still a push over." Lexie grumbled before throwing her phone on the pillow next to her. She placed her hands behind her head and stared at the ceiling. What would she do on her day off? Maybe she'd go see her dad and tell him all about this big mess that she caused. Or she could just wallow in bed all day and watch old movies with ice cream, popcorn, and wine while she pondered on how bad of a mother she was. She could go cry at her mother's grave, wishing that she'd be here, helping her to fix everything. She sighed as she rolled over onto her side. She pulled the covers over her head and closed her eyes. She wanted to feel like a kid in the sense that if she hid from the world all her problems would go away. She didn't know how much time had passed but she knew she would go back to sleep soon. She was counting sheep in her head when she heard the doorbell ring. She chose to ignore it but then it rang again. She groaned before pulling the covers from her head, causing some pieces of hair to fall out of her short ponytail. She shuffled out of the bed and slowly went down the stairs and all the while the person kept ringing the doorbell.

"Alright! I'm coming!" She said grumpily. She finally got to the door and opened it roughly, wanting to appear menacing to whoever was coming to interrupt her self-pity. He was the last person she expected on her doorstep.

"What're you doing here?" She asked as she looked down while pushing a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

"We need to talk, Lexie." Mark said seriously.

"Yeah. Alright," She said as she moved aside so he could enter. She shut the door and signaled for him to follow her. "Please, have a seat." She said as she curled up on the couch while Mark sat across from her.

"Is Andy here?" Mark asked, looking around.

"No," Lexie snorted. "She doesn't want anything to do with me at the moment. She's at Meredith's."

"Oh," Mark sighed. Mark really looked at Lexie for the first time since he'd stepped in the house. "Have you been drinking?" He asked.

"Yes." Lexie said bluntly.

"I don't remember you drinking so heavily." Mark commented.

"Rumor has it I wasn't the only one who got drunk last night," Lexie shot back and then sighed. "Sorry. This hasn't been easy for me."

"Easy for you? I'm the one that just found out I've got another teenage kid! So don't talk to me about what hasn't been easy."

"You don't know anything about the guilt I felt having to lie to my daughter who I love more than anything in the world! The guilt I felt every time she asked about why her dad didn't want her!" Lexie said as she got up and began pacing.

"You couldn't have felt too guilty because if you did, you would've called me and told me."

"And have her take a backseat to everything else in your life? I wasn't going to put her through that." Lexie glared at him.

"You and I both know that excuse you're using to rationalize this is bullshit! You'd seen from dealing with Sloane and Sofia that when it came to my fatherhood that was all that mattered."

"Well maybe I thought that because it was my kid that you wouldn't be as involved."

"Are you serious? If anything, I would've been more involved because it was your kid!" Mark said angrily. "I loved you Lexie! More than anything, I hoped we would have a kid together one day. When Callie told me she was pregnant, I kept wishing that it was you instead." Lexie looked up and locked eyes with Mark briefly before looking away.

"Look, for Andy's sake I don't want us to fight." Mark continued.

"That's one thing we can agree on." Lexie nodded.

"I want a paternity test, Lexie." Mark said intently.

"What? You think I would lie about this?" Lexie asked acidly.

"I just have to make sure," He told her. "I did one with Sloane too, remember?"

"Yeah, I recall." Lexie said dryly. "When do you want to have it done?"

"Whenever Andy's ready," Mark said sincerely. "I don't want to push it with her. I know this is a sensitive time."

"Thank you for that." Lexie nodded.

"Of course."

"Is that it? I'm surprised you haven't started talking about custody yet." Lexie said sarcastically.

"Let's just get the test done first." Mark told her before standing up. He started walking towards the door but then turned to look at Lexie. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I told you… I didn't want her to take a backseat to your other…commitments." Lexie said, finding the right word.

"I know you and you're going to have to do a little better than that." Mark said tiredly.

"Truthfully, it was that and I didn't want to ruin your new found happiness. When I found out about Julia, I'm pretty sure you had everything you ever wanted—a daughter who you could raise from the beginning, a girlfriend who'd accepted all of that…and by that time, we just didn't need you." Lexie shrugged.

"We or you, Lexie?"

"I thought it was best for her at the time."

"And you're wrong; I didn't have everything I ever wanted." He said, staring at her before he turned to leave.

"Mark!" Lexie said as she got up from the couch. "Wait a minute." She told him as she rushed to her study. She pulled out a photo book that was covered in pink and brown polka dots and read Andria Susan Grey on in. She came back out and handed it to Mark. Mark opened to the first page and ran his finger over the grainy black and white sonogram picture.

"You don't have to give me this now," Mark said as he attempted to give it back. "We should wait until we get the paternity done."

"The paternity test is going to say the same thing her birth certificate does. You are her father, Mark." Lexie smiled sadly

"I've got to go." He told her.

"I'll let you know when Andy is ready to do the paternity test."

"Alright." He said before walking towards the door.

"Mark," Lexie said softly causing Mark to turn and look at her once again. "I really am sorry."

"I know you are."

"Do…do you ever think we're going to be okay?" Lexie asked.

"I don't know Lexie, I don't know." He said before finally leaving. Lexie watched him get in the car and drive off quickly. Lexie closed the door and shuffled back to the couch. She flopped down on it before turning the TV on. She flipped through the channels until she finally stopped on Love Story.

"Love means never having to say you're sorry." Lexie recited along with the TV.

"Oh my God!" Kylie shrieked as she read the text message in front of her. "Andy!" She shouted as she ran into her room. She saw her cousin sitting on the bed, flipping through a teen magazine.

"What's up?" Andy asked as she turned to face Kylie.

"What's up? What's up! Did you know my Uncle Mark is your dad?"

"How'd you find out?" Andy questioned as she gave Kylie her fully undivided attention.

"Sof just text me!" Kylie said as she came and sat down on the bed beside Andy. "Did you know?" Kylie asked again.

"Yeah," Andy sighed. "I found out yesterday." Andy said as she tossed the magazine to the side.

"And you didn't tell me?" Kylie asked, slightly offended.

"I told Mark I wouldn't tell Sofia and if I told you, you might've said something," Andy explained. "C'mon Kyls, you do have a big mouth."

"Hey!" Kylie protested but then shrugged since she knew her cousin was right.

"I'm really sorry, Kyls." Andy apologized.

"I forgive you," Kylie shrugged. "So, tell me everything."

"Yesterday I found my birth certificate in mom's study and it said Mark was my father."

"Holy shit." Kylie mumbled.

"Yeah," Andy sighed. "Your mom tried to calm me down and she told not to say anything to anybody until I talked to mom. When mom got here last night, she and Aunt Meredith talked and then Aunt Meredith came and got me and well…I yelled at her. I'm really mad at her. She lied all this time and those were lost years that Mark and I could've had. Mark came in and he asked what was going on and I told him. I mean the man deserved to know," At this point Andy was up and pacing around the room. "I walked out and a little bit later, he came outside and we talked."

"About what?"

"He wants to know what I want to do—if I want him in my life or not." Andy grimaced.

"Do you?" Kylie questioned.

"I don't know," Andy sighed as she flopped down on the bed. "It's complicated. When I was little, I would've done anything for a chance to know my dad but as I got older, I realized I didn't need him because I had mom and she was all I needed."

"But that's when you thought he walked out."

"I know and that's not the real story," Andy said and then realized Kylie had come in here because Sofia had texted her. "How's Sofia taking all this?"

"I don't—"

"Don't say you don't know because she's been your best friend since you were babies and I know you know her."

"Alright," Kylie sighed. "Her feelings are mixed. As a friend, she's happy you've found your dad but as your new half-sister, she's acting like a spoiled brat who has always been daddy's little girl."

"Ah," Andy sighed. "I see. I can't say I blame her."

"I think you should let Uncle Mark in, Andy." Kylie said as she grabbed her cousin's hand.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," Kylie smiled. "It may seem like you don't need him and you're almost grown up but just look at my mom. She has serious daddy issues and she didn't get over it for a long time. Everyone needs their dad and although you didn't have him for the beginning of your life, you've got a chance to have him now so you should take advantage of it."

"But what about Sofia?"

"She'll get over it," Kylie shrugged. "She's just confused right now."

"Do you think she'll still want to be my friend?"

"I don't know but if it comes down to it, I'll side with you."

"Kylie! I won't let you do that. She's your best friend."

"And if she doesn't want to be your friend because you guys have the same dad, that's stupid. It's not your fault! It's nobody's fault that you're his daughter. It's just Aunt Lexie's fault that she lied, that's it."

"Thanks Kyls," Andy said as she got up and hugged her. "You're the best cousin ever."

"No problem."

"What about my mom?"

"What about her?"

"I want to be mad at her but…I miss her. We've never fought before and she seemed really sorry."

"You should call her." Kylie said as she handed Andy her phone.

"She's called five times, left two voicemails, and text me three times." Andy sighed as she looked at her display screen.

"What're you waiting for? Call her." Kylie urged. Andy sighed before dialing her mother's number.

"Andy?" Lexie's voice sounded on the other line.

"Yeah. It's me."

"How are you, honey?" Lexie asked lovingly.

"I'm as good as can be…given the circumstances but I'm ready to talk."

"You are?" Lexie asked hopefully.

"Yeah."

"Okay," Lexie sighed relieved. "I'll be over in a bit. I love you."

"I…uh…I'll see you when you get here," Andy said before hanging up the phone. "That took a lot."

"It always takes a lot to forgive someone for their mistakes of hurting you when you love them so much." Derek said as he stood in the doorway.

"Dad!" Kylie squealed. "How many times have I told you not to eavesdrop?"

"Kylie dear," Derek smirked. "This is my house. I'm allowed to eavesdrop, you are not."

"Yeah, yeah." Kylie grumbled.

"Andy, I'm proud of you for doing the right thing," Derek said. "And I just want you to think about how great it would be to have Mark in your life."

"God dad! How long were you standing there?" Kylie asked as she put her arms over her chest.

"Long enough to know that Andy is a good enough friend to take Sofia's feelings into consideration before making such a big decision," Derek smiled. "I think you should listen to Kylie on this one. Take the chance while you can." Derek said before walking away.

"I'm going to ask mom can I get a lock on my door." Kylie grumbled as she shook her head.

"You guys are right," Andy nodded. "I think I'm going to do it. I think I'm going to let Mark be my dad."

Lexie pulled up to Derek and Meredith's house with every intention of fixing things with Andy. She got out of her SUV in a pair of jeans and a Harvard hoodie. She took a deep breath before she rang the doorbell. She grimaced when she saw Derek coming up to the door. He opened it and gave her a look of disapproval.

"Please don't look at me like that, Derek." She pleaded as he let her in.

"He's my best friend, Lexie. I can't be on your side about this." Derek shook his head.

"You're right," Lexie nodded. "I guess that's why I have Meredith." She joked.

"For what it's worth," Derek said as he placed a hand on Lexie's shoulder. "I think this is the best thing that could've ever happened to Andy."

"I think you may be right about that." Lexie smiled.

"I'll go get Andy for you." Derek said as he gave her one last pat on the back. A few seconds later, Andy walked down the steps and mother and daughter were face to face with each other.

"You wanna go outside and talk?" Lexie asked.

"Sure." Andy shrugged as she walked in front of her mother. She opened the door and headed to the bench that overlooked the city.

"You really like this spot." Lexie realized.

"I do," Andy nodded. "It just looks so beautiful."

"It does," Lexie agreed. "Andy, I know I've messed up big time and I'm really sorry."

"Just tell me one thing. Did you do it for me or for you?"

"Honestly, both. Your dad...that sounds so weird," Lexie mumbled. "Anyways, we've had a rocky past."

"He told me all about it."

"Everything?" Lexie asked, surprised.

"Everthing." Andy confirmed.

"Well, I just kept feeling that he was leaving me behind and didn't love me enough to ask for my opinions. He did things before he talked to me about it and I just felt that when you're in a relationship you talk to the other person before making such big decisions. When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't want to set myself up for that again and I didn't want to put you in the middle of our mess and his mess. We have complicated together, Andy and then he has complicated all by himself. That's a lot of complicated. We never had good luck in making it work and I wasn't going to put you through that. I didn't want you to be an afterthought in his life the way that I was." Lexie said as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Mom," Andy whispered. "Don't cry. I hate seeing you cry." Andy said.

"I'm sorry," Lexie sniffled. "I just can't help but thinking how unfit of a mother I am."

"Mom, you aren't unfit. You just made a really huge mistake. That's it. I've had time to think about it and I know that you love me and you would never do anything to hurt me. Part of this may've been for your own selfish reasons but the other part was that you didn't want me to get hurt."

"I'm so sorry, Andy." Lexie said as she put her arm around her daughter's shoulder and pulled her close to her.

"I'm still mad at you but I'm willing to go home with you." Andy admitted.

"Okay," Lexie smiled tearfully. She was just happy that Andy would come home with her. "It's okay to be mad at me."

"I love you, mom." Andy said as she squeezed Lexie.

"I love you too," Lexie said as she kissed Andy's temple. Lexie composed herself and continued. "So, have you decided what's going to happen with you and—"

"Mark? I think I'm going to give him a chance."

"That's good," Lexie smiled softly. "But there's something I need to tell you."

"Something other than Mark being my dad?" Andy asked.

"He wants a paternity test." Lexie said sighed.

"Oh," Andy sighed. "I can't say that I blame him. I'd want one too if I were him."

"He wants to know when you want to do it."

"As soon as possible," Andy said. "It's best to just get it out the way."

"Okay. I'll let him know."

"Mom? There isn't a chance that the paternity test will say something different…is there?"

"No Andy, there isn't. Mark was the only person I was with during that time. I didn't sleep with anyone else until you were four."

"Oh," Andy pondered. "He was the one for you, wasn't he?"

"I thought he was," Lexie said wistfully. "But he wasn't. At least he gave me you and for that, I will be forever grateful to him because I couldn't imagine my life without you in it."

"I'm sorry he's happy and you aren't."

"I am happy. I've got you."

"I mean I'm sorry you don't have any…intimate happiness."

"I don't need it," Lexie shrugged. "Raising a teen is more than enough work." Lexie winked.

"I'm glad we're talking again." Andy confessed.

"Me too." Lexie smiled as she rested her cheek on Andy's head.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 9.5K 55
Edit (Eddie) Sousa didn't expect her intern year to go like this. All because she had a one night stand with a very handsome older, sexy man. Now, no...
14.6K 469 11
Meredith, Derek and their 2 kids decide to stay in Seattle. Meredith and Derek want to try for another baby.
56.4K 921 22
Lexie comes back to Seattle 15 years after season 7 with secrets under her belt and skeletons in her closet.
244K 4.8K 66
This story's about Meredith having a baby at 15 and then 14 years later she moves from Boston to Seattle because of Ellis. Ellis isn't in this btw