The Road Trip [H.S]

Por MaggiesFault

The story of a road trip where Frances and Harry reconnect after eight months of the flight they shared toget... Más

The Road Trip - (Info)
Day 0 - Part I
Day 0 - Part II
Day 1 - Part I
Day 1 - Part III
Day 1 - Part IV
Day 1 - Part V
Day 2 - Part I
Day 2 - Part II
Day 2 - Part III
Day 2 - Part IV
Day 3 - Part I
Day 3 - Part II
Day 3 - Part III
Day 3 - Part IV
A Week Later
Barcelona
Read This
The third book!

Day 1 - Part II

31.1K 1.1K 880
Por MaggiesFault

Some minutes have passed since we left his house and so far the car has been in complete silence. That gives me some time to inspect the space around me. This is a nice car, its spacious and it smells like new. The cream leather seats are almost untouched, which makes me wonder how many times he has drive this car. 

While he drives I can't help but check the view outside, I haven't had the chance to explore London yet -at least not fully- I only spend two days here the last time I came and it wasn't enough. I'm sure there's more to this city. The street is full of people and there's a bit of jam traffic, its five in the afternoon. 

He stops at a red light and I hear his hand full of rings slide along the wheel. I feel his eyes on me which makes me blush slightly but I still keep my eyes focused outside.

"You've changed." He finally says breaking the silence in the car. It takes my attention so I slowly turn to look at him, a shy smile on my face.

"How's so?" I ask placing a flick of my hair behind my ear.

"Well, you look different, in a good way." He moves his hand to where mine is, placing my hair behind my ear for me. "You look serene. Happy."

"Thank you." I say shyly, biting down my bottom lip. "I am happy."

"I'm glad to hear that." He drops his hand to my shoulder, moving his fingers there. "Your hair is different too, lighter. It suits you." The light turns green so he goes back on driving.

I blush slightly by his words, taking a look at him. "Your hair is different also." Even though its difficult to tell because of the hat. "Its shorter, right?"

"Yeah, I cut it recently." He shakes his hair with his hand but the hat doesn't let him do it properly.

"Are you wearing a disguise or something?" I chuckle moving my eyes front. "The hat and the sunglasses, seems like you're trying to hide."

"Well, kinda." He laughs as well, taking his hat off and throwing it at me. He ruffles his hair and pushes it back. "Better?" 

I look at him once again, a smile forming on my lips. He does look better without it, you can see his face better.

"Yeah." I simply say, taking his hat in my hands. Its very smooth.

"Why are you trying to hide?" I can't help but ask.

"Well, I don't want to bring much attention." He holds on tight on the wheel, my eyes moving instantly to his hands. "Specially not when I'm about to be on the high way for eight hours."

"The hat kinda brings more attention though." I add and that only makes him laugh a little. 

Then, the car is once again in silence, its weird to be quiet around him when the conversation seemed to flow naturally last time. Its not that there's no topics right now, its just that for some reason we are nervous around each other and I don't understand why. I decide to not put much thought to it, letting my mind go somewhere else.

On the other hand, I can't stop thinking about Barcelona. When I said goodbye to Carla I told her to help me find a place there. She told me she was going to start looking and she's going to let me know as soon as she finds a place, I can't wait for her call. Maybe even we can share an apartment, it would be easier if I share a place with someone.

Suddenly my stomach grumbles, I put my hand over it hoping it wasn't loud enough. All of the nervousness made me forgot I didn't have lunch today. The last meal I had was a small croissant before my flight and its five in the afternoon, of course I'm hungry. I take a look around the car but I don't find any sign of food or snacks.

"Is there any food in here?" I turn my head to the backseat but there's nothing there either.

"No." He responds glancing at me. "Are you hungry?"

"What kind of road trip is this if there's no snacks?" I look at him holding a giggle. "We have to get some food."

"It does sound like a good idea." He gives me a smile turning the wheel. "There's a gas station a few minutes from here. We can stop there."

"Cool." I adjust myself in my seat. "Because I'm famished."

In less than five minutes he parks in the gas station that's kind of desolated even at this rush hour. I unbuckle my seat and get off the car, opening the trunk door to grab my wallet from my bag and also my phone, I forgot it earlier.

"We should hurry." Harry says standing beside me. He looks down at me and looks at my hand. "You should leave that here. I'm paying." 

"Oh, no, we're not having this conversation." I say taking it anyway, closing the trunks door. "You can save up that talk."

"But I invited you. You don't have to pay for anything." He says while following me inside of the shop. "It's not a problem."

I walk straight to the snacks area, grabbing a bag of chips and two bags of Cheetos. He holds a bag of pretzels and follows me to the end of the aisle. 

"You are underestimating my appetite, Harry." I chuckle grabbing a bag of marshmallows, my hands are full by now. "I eat a lot, I'm not letting you pay for everything."

"Let me help you with that." He grabs a basket and puts everything I have in my hands inside. "What about... If we pay half each."

"Sounds pretty fair." I say walking backwards to where the drinks are.

He stands beside me checking the drinks with me. I see the different options but don't grab anything just yet. I can feel his eyes on me as I move, it makes my cheeks turn pink. I don't know why but I like the feeling.

I don't feel that nervous around him right now, maybe because we are in public. Being around food also helps. I stop walking and finally grab two bottles of water, I don't feel like drinking soda. When I turn around I find Harry a few steps away from me with a bottle of wine in his hand.

"What are you doing?" I ask while placing the water inside of the basket he's holding.

"You like wine. Don't you?" He asks placing the bottle inside. "You told me that before."

"I do." I agree, wine is never a bad choice. "I think we are missing something."

"What?" He asks standing right in front of me, looking at me through his sunglasses.

I don't respond right away, I look up at him seeing myself in the reflection of his glasses. I remember his beautiful green eyes and this doesn't let me see them. So, I slowly move my hand and take the glasses off, he lets me moving his lips to a side forming half a smile. My hand roses his cheek when I take them off, I can feel my heart beating fast on my chest.

And here they are, those deep green eyes. I bite the inside of my cheek at the sight, he really makes my knees weak.

"'Ch-Chocolate." I finally say, putting the glasses in the pocket of his flannel. "We are missing chocolates."

"Let's get you some, then." He gives me a smile, letting me pass first. 

I walk pass him to the cashier where all the candies are, even the American ones. I take a deep breath trying to keep calm. I take a bunch of different chocolates and throw them in the counter. Harry places the basket on it and empties it. The cashier looks at us with a strange look and I have to hold my laugh at his expression. It is a lot of junk food.

"Can you get me a pint of ice cream, please?" He says to me with a smile. "Cookies n' cream."

"Good idea, I'll get a big one for the both of us." I say walking to the fridge and taking the first Cookies n' Cream pint I find.

When I come back I fin Harry handing his card to the cashier, I have to walk rapidly but it was too late.

"Nooo!" I put the ice cream in the counter but the cashier is already sliding the card on the machine. "We agreed on paying half each."

"You were taking too long." He looks at me biting his bottom lip. This idiot, he totally played me with that 'ice cream' thing. "And its seriously no problem."

"I can't believe you." I grab a bag and start packing everything, rolling my eyes at him. I'm not mad really, I just don't like when people pay for everything. Its not fair. "Now you're not going to touch the ice cream as a penalty."

"I can live with that." He takes the bag for me and walks to the door, holding it open for me. "After you, my lady." 

Once outside he unlocks his car and places the bag inside, giving me time to round the car and hop in. Just when I'm about to sit I notice two girls approaching to the car, he notices too and turns around to them acting natural.

"Oh my God! Hi! Harry! We're such big fans!" One of the girls says nervously, she's shaking I can even see it from here. She must be a teenager. Both of them are wearing high waisted shorts with only a kimono on top, even on this cold weather. 

"Hey! How's it going?" He gives them a quick hug to each of them. This is a new side of him I didn't know before.

"Can we take a selfie with you?" She asks taking her phone out with shaky hands. 

"Sure." He politely accepts posing between them two.

She takes the snap and takes a step back, looking at her phone.

"Thank you so much. You are awesome" The girl says holding her friend.

"So sad to hear about what happened with The Storms. We were big fans." The other girl says shyly. "But thank you again!"

"Don't worry. Take care." He says goodbye and hops on the driver's seat closing the door. 

When he starts the car I'm already eating the ice cream, its delicious. My mind is still in the scene that just happened in front of my eyes. He used to be a jackass with everyone, for my luck not with me. What happened with that Harry? Also, the girl mentioned his band but I don't know what was she talking about. 

"What happened to your band?" I ask with my mouth full, taking another spoon of ice cream to my mouth.

"You don't know?" He glances at me, he does looks surprised. 

I shake my head no, taking another spoon. "No, you know I don't follow those news."

"Well..." He takes the wheel and starts driving away from the station. "Let's keep it that way. I like that about you."

"Yeah?" I take another spoon to my mouth, looking at him while he drives. "But I want to know, now I'm curious."

He breathes before answering. "Maybe later. I'm not ready to tell the story right now." He says in a low voice, tightening his grip on the wheel.

"Okay." I say shrugging, moving my eyes to the half empty pint of ice cream. I feel bad for not sharing with him, its not nice. "Uhm... Do you want some?" 

He glances at me with a smirk on his lips. He just nods taking the cup from me, taking a full spoon to his mouth. He always goes his way. 

"You know..." He says after a couple of bites. "We didn't greet each other today. Not even a 'Hello', not even a hug." 

I take a moment and realize he is right, it makes me giggle. I was too nervous and too focused on the fact that we were in the same place that I forgot to do so. He did say hi to me but nothing else, not even a handshake. I take the ice cream from his hand and eat another spoonful. 

"You're right." I chuckle placing the spoon on the bucket. "Hi, Harry."

"Hi, Frances." He laughs, just in time he stops at a red light and turns to look at me. "Long time no see."

"I can say the same." I giggle looking up at him, his green eyes looking back at me. It makes my heartbeat accelerate but I manage to stay calm. 

"Should we hug now?" He asks opening his arms but I go back to my ice cream. 

"I'll take a rain-check." I say hiding my laugh, he slowly moves his arms down. "It would be too awkward."

"Huh." He huffs surprised, returning to his driving. "Alright, okay. That didn't hurt me." 

"You can claim your hug later." I say hiding a giggle, moving the spoon to my mouth. "Promise."

"My heart is not broken or anything." He says in a funny voice, acting hurt. "My weak fragile heart."

"Want some ice cream to heal your pain?" I say comically, moving the spoon to his mouth.

He glances at me with an eyebrow up, but then frowns with a pout on his mouth and shakes his head. He looks very cute doing that. 

"Okay. More for me." I say with a winning smile sitting back on my seat.

I finish the ice cream and place the empty pint in the plastic bag, taking the water bottle with me. I drink a few sips to make the taste of the ice cream go away. My eyes are on the road on front and I can already see we are leaving the city, there are open fields and less and less building as he drives.

In the sky you can already see the sky turning a bit darker, just making me realize we have a long road ahead.

Harry has been silent, his eyes never leaving the road. I turn to look at him while he looks away. I'm completely overwhelmed by being here with him and I still, it doesn't feel real. And yet, I feel bad for not giving him the hug... I just wasn't prepared, I was nervous. Still am. I should probably do something to make it even. 

To erase some of the silence I decide to turn the radio on. I instantly regret it because the volume was too loud, a hard rock song is playing in the speakers.

"Oops, oops sorry!" I press a lot of buttons trying to lower the noise but I only make it worse.

"Wow, here!" He finally presses the mute button, lowering the volume with the right key. "Its okay."

"I just wanted to listen to some music. Not that noise." I say changing the player to the radio stations.

"Uh, that noise was... My band." He says awkwardly, smiling at me.

"Oh my God." I hide my face in my hand. Can I embarrass myself more? "I... I didn't mean to call it noise. I'm... I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, that was a demo that didn't make it to the album." He explains to me. "It wasn't good."

"Still, I should watch my words." I mentally face palm myself again. "Oh dear."

"You are quite a character, Frances." He chuckles, moving his hand to the panel and changing the station. "Ooh, this one is my favorite."

Instantly a piece of classical music starts filling the space. A set of instruments playing some kind of march. I forgot he listens to classical music on a daily basis.

"You really like this music. Don't you?" I give him a smile, looking at him. 

"I do. It relaxes me." He says moving a hand back on his hair. His long locks keep falling over his face and he always push them back. 

"Here, use this." I take his sunglasses and place them over his hair, using it as a headband. "Better."

"Wow, thanks." He smiles checking himself on the rear view mirror.

"You look better with your hair pushed back." I say in a low voice, loud enough for him to hear. 

He suddenly glances at me with his eyebrows up. "Are you flirting with me, Frances?"

"What? No!" I open my mouth flushing pink.

Or was I?

"Well, that was flattering, thank you." He smirks at me, turning his eyes back on the road.

I keep silent for about a minute. I breathe deeply trying to compose myself. I definitely turn into a wave of nerves when I'm around him. And the worse thing is that I like it. No one else makes me feel this way.

After some minutes there's a commercial break in the radio, someone speaking promoting a play in theaters. I move my hand to the panel and change it to the next station, a song of The Weeknd is playing and I instantly recognize it, I love this song.

"Woo, turn it up." Harry says and I do, turning it all the way up.

"And I know she'll be the death for me at least we'll both be numb..." He sings with heart, getting inside of the role. "And she'll always get the best of me..."

"The worst is yet to come." I complete the song for him, he moves his eyebrows up at the sound of my voice. 

"All the misery was necessary when we're deep in love." He sings with spirit, feeling the song all the way. "This I know."

"Yes I know, and I know." I close my eyes getting ready for the bridge. 

"She told me 'don't worry, about it'. She told me 'don't worry." We both sing loudly, turning to look at each other. "No more." 

"We both knew we can't go without it." We sing and I point at him, this song just sets the perfect mood. "She told me you'll never be in lo-oh-o-ve." 

"Wooo!" Harry screams very pitchy, just like The Weeknd does. 

We finish the song dancing to it. I dance moving my hair from side to side and laughing at Harry trying to move while he drives. I move my shoulders up and down and he tries to do the same but he fails terribly, making me chuckle louder. When the song ends you can feel the tension in the car gone away. It totally helped us. 

"Wow, that was good." He says with a smirk on his lips. "You have a great voice." 

"Aha, right." I look at him, putting my hair in a ponytail. "You're the singer here, and a pretty good one." 

"Let's see if I can make you sing again." He takes the aux cord and takes his phone out, it makes me nervous to see him maneuver with the phone in his hands but he seems like he can take care of it. 

"You can try." I say giving up. Singing in the car does come in the road trip package. 

"Oh, I know I will." He finally press play, Freddie Mercury sings and a piano follows him. 

Even if you're not in the mood, you have to sing this song. 

"You do know what you're doing." I chuckle getting ready to sing the song with all I have inside. 

And so we did. We sang We Are The Champions together, being loud and careless, even letting our voices break at the high notes. For the first time in the short time we have been driving I feel like the way we were back in that flight. Like each other. 

-

A/N: Just as promised! Here's the update!!! 

I don't fully like this chapter but I tried my best hahah this is like the first time I try to write with a deadline (And tbh its too much pressure for me) hope you like it tho 

Also, I want to know... Who do you picture as Frances? Comment below!!! 

xx byeeee *yes, Lizzza's voice again*

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

338K 17.6K 45
Where Harry kidnaps Niall.
686K 33.8K 58
In which, Luke and Ashton fall in love but with a lot of bumps in the road LASHTON HEMWIN COMPLETED | BOOK ONE ASDFLKJHG5SOS 2014
107 9 3
a short story which layla is betrayed by her best friend and harry tries to help her.
1.9K 188 52