Living On The Edge (A Norman...

By Chupacabra94

Amanda, or Mandy as her friends call her is 26 years old trying to live her life. She decides to move in with... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70

Chapter 38

9.3K 193 62
By Chupacabra94

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'M SO EXCITED AND HAPPY TO BE BACK! Vacation and the beach sucked (please don't ask me about it.) The best part was ending it, coming home, and getting to hang out with Sean Clark for 3-4 hours!! I truly missed him and I'm so glad I got time to hang out and catch up with him! Photos of us are posted on my fan twitter!

To anyone that wants to meet Emily Kinney (Beth) or Chad Coleman (Tyreese) don't even bother. It was $40 for an autograph and $20 for a photo with them meaning it was $60 to meet them! And I was disappointed in them! They just kept their heads down and signed your items. The convention opened at 11 and I was done meeting Emily and Chad by 11:30 that tells you how short their lines were! Anyway, I basically went to see Sean specifically anyone and I can't even tell you guys what fun I had in that amount of time I had with him.

Again thank you to everyone that bought a Sean Clark shirt!! I got to give Sean his today and he loved it. He showed it to everyone!

SO HOLY SHIT!!!! I left on vacation with a little over 29,000 reads!! I came back to over 34,000 reads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over 1,000 votes, and over 700 comments!! I gained over 5,000 reads since my last update! You guys are so awesome!!!!

I hope everyone is doing fabulous! I haven't been able to talk to you guys in about two weeks!!

I hope everyone is with me after this small break!! If not I will be sad ='(

Here's the next chapter Nords!! Xx

--

Norman and I were now in New York. We had already been back a week but it seemed like longer. "Baby!" Norman called out through the apartment. I sighed and stood up from the couch. I shuffled my feet across the floor and headed towards the bathroom where I knew he was in the shower.

"Yes?" I said once I walked inside. I was a little surprised at what I was seeing at that point. "Bubble bath?" I asked him. Norman cracked a smile in my direction and sunk lower into the water. "It's helping my muscles relax," he said. I chuckled but nodded because I understood.

I watched as he raised an arm up to rest on the edge of the tub and I cringed when I say the purple bruise sitting on the inside of his arm. I sighed as he submerged his arm back in the water. I grabbed a wash cloth from the towel rack and sat on the edge of the tub.

I dipped the wash cloth in the water and sat it on his chest. I squeezed it out and let the warm water run down his chest. Norman sighed contently and let his head rest against the wall behind him. I did it again and then three or four more times before letting my hand rest beside me.

"Thank you," Norman whispered. I gave him a soft smile. "After I get done here I was thinking we could order dinner since Mingus will be here soon," I nodded slightly. "Well, what are we having?" I asked him. Norman now played with the wash cloth.

"Well, I was thinking since you've never had sushi before that maybe we could order some," I contemplated what he said and sighed a little. "I don't know. I've never tried it because any kind of fish or seafood I've had has always made me sick," I said.

Norman cracked a small smile. "Well, I'm not going to force you to eat it so we don't have to get it," he said. I shook my head. "No, that's okay. I've always wanted to try it," I said. Norman smiled a little wider and I stood up from the edge of the tub.

"Finish your bath. I'll text Mingus and figure out what time he is coming over," I said. Norman nodded a little and I walked out of the bathroom shutting the door behind letting Norman have privacy. I grabbed my phone and texted Mingus to see what he was doing.

~~

I woke up the next morning feeling sick. The sushi was good but I had a bad feeling about it. I suddenly felt like I was going to vomit. I untangled myself from Norman's arms and ran towards the bathroom. I barely made it in time before emptying all the contents from my stomach into the toilet.

I soon felt someone holding my hair and rubbing my back slowly. "Shh, It's okay babe," Norman whispered as I sat back slightly. I ran a hand through my hair before standing up and rinsing my mouth out in the sink. I grabbed my toothbrush and scrubbed vigorously.

After finishing I shut off the water and leaned against the sink. "You okay?" Norman asked as I felt his arm wrap around me. I nodded a little before feeling that feeling all over again and hitting the toilet again. After finishing for the second time I slowly walked back to bed.

I collapsed on the bed and let Norman pull the covers back over me. "I guess you were right, huh?" Norman asked. I looked up at him but nodded when I got what he meant. "I told you fish is not my friend," I said. Norman chuckled a little before sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Fish are friends, not food," he said. I cocked an eyebrow at him. "Did you just quote Finding Nemo?" Norman's smile grew as I rolled my eyes. He was such a little kid at heart. I sighed a little and pulled the covers further up around me before letting my head hit the pillow.

Norman's hand reached up and rested lightly on my forehead. "Well, it doesn't feel like you're running a fever," he said quietly. I sighed against his cool hand. Though I wasn't hot it felt good against my hand. "It just makes me sick to my stomach that's all," I said.

Norman nodded. "Well, I'll get ready and head to the store to find you something to settle your stomach," I shook my head. "You don't have to do that," I whispered but truthfully it sounded nice. Norman smirked a little. "Please, you're sick, and you're my girlfriend. I don't mind."

I sighed hearing those words and sunk back into the mattress more. "Okay," I mumbled already telling that the sleepiness was taking me over again. "I'll be back babe," Norman whispered. He bent down and kissed my forehead before exiting the bedroom.

~~

The sickness had overtaken me worse than what I had thought that day. It was horrible. About 30 minutes after Norman had left I practically stayed in the bathroom because I couldn't walk away long enough before I started vomiting again.

I heard the front door open and shut. I knew Norman was home. I slowly made my way back to bed and groaned as I collapsed on the bed for what seemed like the millionth time. "How you feeling, babe?" Norman asked quietly as he walked into the bedroom.

I groaned in response and Norman sat on the edge of the bed and held my hand gently is his. "I hate that you feel bad. I guess I should have listened to you," he said. I smiled and shook my head. "I didn't have to eat it, but I did," I said while sitting up slightly.

Norman propped the pillows up and helped me get comfortable. "I got some chicken noodle soup," he said. I smiled a little as he left the bedroom and came back a couple seconds later with a bowl in his hand. I smiled as he sat slowly on the bed again.

"Hopefully this will make you feel better," he said while sitting the bowl in my lap. I slowly ate the soup and felt happy that I was actually holding it down. Norman smiled a little like he knew the same thing I was thinking. Norman took the bowl from me as I laid back down.

"I know that I shouldn't just be lying around, but I seriously feel like shit," Norman cut me off by shaking his head. "Don't you worry about it. Everyone gets sick," he said. I sighed as he pulled the covers up to my chin like I was five years old.

He kissed my forehead. "I'll try to keep Mingus quiet today," I shook my head. "No, that's not fair to him," I said. Norman smiled a little and nodded accepting my request. "I'll bring you some water and then some medicine soon," Norman said.

I chuckled a little. "Yes, doctor," Norman groaned as he walked towards the bedroom door to take the bowl back to the sink. "Don't start with me. You're sick," I chuckled again knowing that I had pushed some of his buttons the right way.

"Alright, dad," I said still teasing him. Norman shook his head as he walked down the hallway and I rolled on my side. He came back with a glass of water, kissed my forehead one more time before shutting the door behind him to give me some privacy.

I sighed and took a slow sip not knowing how it would do on my stomach and I was happy when it didn't make me queasy. I was really thirsty. I sat the glass back on the night stand and snuggled into the covers before falling back into a deep sleep.

--

Kind of a filler but I know where I'm going with all of this so stick with me!!

So Mandy is sick! Damn seafood and sushi!! What do you guys think? What about Norman playing 'doctor?' I thought the little bathtub scene between them was cute.

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list, spread the word!! Reedus kisses for everyone! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 688 19
Semi-mature. Book Three picks up fourteen months after the last chapter of Home Is Your Heartbeat. Nate is an Aussie girl who was stranded in Georgia...
351K 9.3K 99
Semi-mature. Completed. Nate's a teenage Aussie tomboy. Who grew up in a country town with 4 big brothers and parents who adore her as much as she do...
22.8K 753 39
Shannon is always running away from her troubles. Even before the dead started coming back to life, she was on the road searching for something bette...
86.7K 2.8K 23
"Can I try something?" He asked grabbing my hand as we sat on the couch. "Um... sure. What is it?" I asked. "Just know that if you feel uncomfortable...