Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods

By YouNique09

"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire... More

Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods
Welcome to Society by e.h
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Society, Bitch
Chapter Two: Fireproof
Chapter Three: The girl with violet eyes
Chapter Four: Get close, but don't get burned
Chapter Five: Sweetest Downfall
Chapter Six: Bown down to the Queen
Chapter Seven: Stormborn
Chapter Eight: Curious little thing
Chapter Nine: Wandering girls
Chapter Ten: Riddles
Chapter Eleven: Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve: The game of push and pull
Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining
Chapter Fourteen: Add fuel to the fire
Chapter Fifteen: Likewise
Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Moment
Chapter Seventeen: Salted Wound
Chapter Eighteen: Look beyond
Chapter Nineteen: Ability Phase
Chapter Twenty: Traveler
Chapter Twenty-one: Change and unanswered questions
Chapter Twenty-two: Follow her lead
Chapter Twenty-three: Feel the wind
Chapter Twenty-four: Little Ezra's defeat
Chapter Twenty-five: Burn
Chapter Twenty-six: You tell me
Chapter Twenty-seven: Love
Chapter Twenty-eight: An arrow through the heart
Chapter Twenty-nine: Act of selfishness
Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame
Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely
Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around
Chapter Thirty-three: Pieces of a puzzle
Chapter Thirty-five: Too curious
Chapter Thirty-six: Four Parts
Chapter Thirty-seven: Safe zone
Chapter Thirty-eight: Crashing from the high
Chapter Thirty-nine: What am I?
Chapter Forty: True form
Chapter Forty-one: The Key
Chapter Forty-two: Broken again
Chapter Forty-three: Between how it is and how it should be
Chapter Forty-four: Between who you are and who you could be
Chapter Forty-five: Alpha
Chapter Forty-six: I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours
Chapter Forty-seven: Just like that
Chapter Forty-eight: Burning Bridges
Chapter Forty-nine: The Light
Chapter Fifty: Click
Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do
Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel
Chapter Fifty-three: No going back
Chapter Fifty-four: The lesser of two evils
Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures
Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate
Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point
Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen
Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall
Chapter Sixty: Point of no return
Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning
Chapter Sixty-two: The End
Epilogue

Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition

59.5K 1.7K 721
By YouNique09

(Song: Leave out all the rest by Linkin Park)

Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition

- Athena Adrianne -

Athena is currently in the phase of doubt nang pumasok siya sa sasakyan ni Enzo.

Si Seige nga ba ang nakita niya or was it someone else? Seeing her at that time is just impossible.

She can never forget how unique her violet eyes are. She'd seen nothing like it. Only Seige.

Because of the eyes, there's a high chance na si Seige nga iyon.

But...

Athena's brows furrowed when she thought of the circumstances. If she really saw Seige then she'd be the same age as Athena's parents. Vampires age slower than humans ngunit sa pag lipas ng mga taon ay mag iiba parin ang itsura ng mga ito. Vampires won't stay young forever.

Paano kung kamag anak ni Seige ang nakita niya? Napailing siya sa naisip. Asher said wala nang relatives ang mga van Syckle. She didn't know if they're dead or something.

Athena cringed. All the situations just doesn't add up. She needs to collect more pieces.

Her breath hitched when Enzo suddenly appeared in front of her.

Halos isang dipa nalang ang layo ng mukha nila sa isa't isa.

She turned still when he said, "Seatbelt on"

At ito mismo ang nagkabit nito.

"Sorry" Athena shifted uncomfortably in her seat when Enzo returned to his.

"You have a lot on your mind huh?" He started the engine before glancing at her.

"It's nothing I can't handle," she gave him a reassuring smile ngunit agad rin itong nawala.

How can she solve the puzzle? Her pieces were names, times, and places but right now it wasn't enough.

"Sigurado ka bang si Seige ang nakita mo?"

Athena turned to Enzo. "Her eyes..."

"Well you said you were across from her. Maybe its just the lights or something"

Athena was doubting everything more because of Enzo's questions.

Tumingin naman siya sa labas at inalala ang nakita. "Her features are the same except for the hair. It was black"

She heard him sigh. "Think about it, Aiane. There's a loophole---"

She cut him off. "I know there's loophole. Time itself made every situation impossible..." she then muttered under her breath, "This is as confusing as you"

"What was that? You think I'm confusing?" Enzo leaned to her side, he just heard what she said.

"Enlighten me please Athena Adrianne. Why do you find me confusing?"

Why does he sound amused?

Athena pouts, sending him a glare. Ayaw niyang sumagot but Enzo looked like he wanted her to answer. She never gave in.

When he realized na hindi siya talaga sasagot, he muttered "I could say the same to you"

Hindi niya alam kung saan nanggaling iyon.

So they both find each other confusing.

Athena was about to ask kung bakit iyon ang sinabi nito sa kanya when his phone went off na naka connect naman sa sound system ng sasakyan through bluetooth.

Kahit na nasa bulsa pa ang phone nito, alam na ni Athena kung sino ang tumatawag.

It's her brother.

Enzo fished his phone out of his pocket and threw it to her, "Answer it for me"

Her hands were shaking dahil ngayon lang niya magagamit ang isang bagay na pag aari ni Enzo. He never lets anyone touch his personal stuff aside from his twin.

She was a bit astound kaya bago pa niya masagot ang tawag na cut na ito kaya naging missed call. "Uhm..."

"He probably knows you're with me," Enzo said with eyes on the road. "He'll call again, wait for it"

And Zeus did kaya sinagot agad ito ni Athena.

"Are you hitting on my sister?" Zeus' voice boomed in the whole car. Athena's shoulders sagged as she rolled her eyes.

"It's me" Pabuntong hininga niyang sagot sa kapatid.

"Where's Enzo? Did you kill him? I told you he can be annoying when he talks. Tita Carly said so, para lang daw siya si Papa noon. Anyway, do you need help disposing his body?"

"Ha ha," Enzo sarcastically laughed a reply. "Shut the fuck up"

Nagsalita na si Athena bago pa magkainisan ang dalawa. "We're already heading back Kuya---"

"We're heading to Town Square for dinner first" Enzo cut her off. "Kung susunod ka can you bring Ezra with you?"

"This had been a very bad day for me kaya please lang don't make me suffer with your sister's never ending rants. I am not like Ash who is willing to listen to her"

"Shut her up and tell her I said so and you're meeting with us"

"Fine. If she complains about my driving I'm leaving her in the middle of the road"

Si Zeus na mismo ang pumutol ng tawag.

But then a second later the phone beeps. Zeus just texted but Athena couldn't read it dahil may pin pass ang phone ni Enzo.

Instead of asking the right password, she tried to guess it.

1110

To her surprise, the phone opened at agad niyang nakita ang mukha ni Ezra at Carly Heath bilang wallpaper nito.

"Nabuksan mo?" Enzo sounded genuinely surprised. She didn't know he was watching her the whole time.

"Your birthdate was my first guess..." She mumbled an answer before reading her brother's message.

Zeus texted an address of a diner in Town Square. Sinabi nito na doon sila pumunta.

"This is probably the diner where Seige works at. He wants us to go there" Athena informed.

"That means there is a chance that he's bringing Seige with him" Enzo added which made Athena purse her lower lip, her last travel invading her mind again.

Handa ba siyang makita si Seige?

Baka sundan niya lang ang bawat galaw nito buong gabi. She doesn't want to be too obvious. She needs to act natural. She needs time to figure everything out.

Mukhang lazy hour ng diner nung pumasok silang dalawa. One waitress immediately turns to them with a surprise expression ngunit agad rin itong pumunta sa kitchen area. Athena stares at the guy na nag iisang naglilinis ng counter.

He was using a wet cloth to clean the marble, ignoring everyone. Hindi man lang nito tinignan ang mga bagong customer.

Napansin niya rin ang dalawang customer. Ang isa ay naroon sa pinaka dulong booth at ang isa naman ay nasa table na nasa kabilang dulo naman. Athena sensed them as commons. The atmosphere was pretty mellow.

Enzo dragged her by the arm to one booth dahil masyado niyang iniinspekyon ang paligid.

"Did you see the waitress' reaction when we came in?" Bulong niya agad kay Enzo nang maupo sila.

"Looks like members from high society don't come here that often," Enzo replied.

"Baka dahil sa location," Athena wondered if this diner was every busy. "It looks old"

Her attention was momentarily cut off by Enzo's phone na naka lagay lang sa table.

Athena was fast enough to spot the caller's name before Enzo declined the call.

Callie.

Athena checked his expression first before asking, "Bakit hindi mo sinagot?"

He looks a bit annoyed, hindi niya alam kung dahil ba ito sa tanong niya o sa tawag. Why was Callie calling him?

At kailan pa nag usap ang dalawa? Ang alam niya Ezra hates Audrina Calista to the core. Maybe Enzo had a different view of Callie unlike his twin sister. No one knows how he thinks at bihira rin lang ito mag share ng opinion so she doesn't know how he think of Ezra's sworn enemy.

Enzo shoved his phone in his pocket the same time a waitress stood beside them with a notepad and pen in hand.

Hindi ito ang unang nakita nila nang pumasok.

"May I take your order?"

"We're still waiting for someone. Mamaya na kami o-order" Athena gave the girl a closed mouth smile, tumango rin lang ito at agad na umalis.

They waited for a few minutes, not saying a word to each other. Sa pag hihintay na iyon ay nagsimula nang mag patugtog ang diner. The song Leave out all the rest blared through the old speakers above, hindi ito ganon kalakas.

At first Athena paid no attention to it, patuloy parin siya sa pag inspeksyon sa diner, but the she heard Enzo softly singing along.

He was gazing out of the glass window, completely engulfed by the song.

"When my time comes
Forget the wrong that I've done
Help me leave behind some
Reasons to be missed
And don't resent me
And when you're feeling empty
Keep me in your memory
Leave out all the rest
Leave out all the rest"

The first time she saw him doing this ay noong kumanta si Zeus at Asher. Enzo was just softly singing along, mouthing the lyrics.

Hindi niya alam ang kanta kaya nakontento na siyang pakingga lang ito. She acted as if she wasn't though, baka kasi tumigil ito bigla pag nalamang nakikinig niya.

The song eventually came to an end. The next one started off with a familiar tune of the piano ngunit hindi na niya nasundan ito dahil sa pag tigil ng Convertible ni Zeus sa harap mismo ng bintana ng booth na inuupuan nila.

Ezra's already waving at them before going out of the car. Athena weakly waved back and turned her attention to the girl who hopped off the back.

Tama nga si Enzo, isinama nga ng Kuya niya si Seige.

Athena tensed nang marinig na niya ang bell sa pag bukas ng pinto.

Ezra happily sat next to her twin brother, kissing his cheek in the process habang si Zeus naman ang tumabi sa kanya. Athena's eyes were on Seige, nilagpasan sila nito at dumiretso sa counter, greeting the guy who was cleaning the marble a few minutes ago.

"Why did you bring her?" She couldn't help but ask her brother.

"She's taking over a friend's shift so I gave her a ride," Zeus tiredly answered before slumping his head on the table.

"You look tired," she pointed out as she caressed his hair. Ano naman kayang ginawa nitong Kuya niya?

Zeus did not answer, pati nga si Ezra at Enzo ay nakatingin na dito.

But then nawala rin ang atensyon nila kay Zeus nang dumating si Seige.

"Orders?"

Zeus lifts his head, "I'll have the usual"

"You have a usual here?" Tanong naman ni Ezra dito.

Zeus just made a 'tsk' sound before slumping his head on the table again, ignoring everyone.

Athena gave Seige a once over. Scrutinizing every inch of her. Kinukumpara niya ang itsura nito ngayon sa nakita niya sa past.

When their eyes met, Athena was sure that it was really Seige. Wala na siyang doubts nang makita niya ang kakaibang mata nito.

"Strawberry milkshake lang," umiwas na siya ng tingin.

While their order is being prepared, napansin ni Athena yung waitress nung pumasok sila na kinakausap si Seige. Hindi na nala uniform ang waitress, mukha ngang paalis na ito. Siguro ito ang papalitan ni Seige.

The waitress then points at the door, grinning. Napalingon din si Seige sa direksyon na tinuro nito.

The bell rang, indicating a new customer. Doon lang tumingin si Athena sa bagong dating.

A guy casually strides in, catching everyone's attention. Well except for Zeus na naka tungo parin sa lamesa.

Athena wanted to gasp when she caught a whiff of his eyes.

Gray.

The guy had gray eyes that contrasted his tan skin.

Athena thought that it was pretty unusual seeing his skin color. The locals in Hangrove are usually pale or white skinned. Sa lugar ng mga Wolves ang may madalas na tan skin. But the guy did not have the wolf vibe.

The mellow atmosphere changed because the guy emmitted superiority.

She wondered what his rank was. Hindi niya kilala ito kaya nagtataka siya. If held the certain superiority like Purebloods then he must be a member of high society but then... she memorizes every family that falls in the higher ranks. Bakit hindi niya ito kilala? Who was he?

Athena's lips parted when Seige approaches the guy with a bright smile and a bow. The waitress bows too.

The guy chuckles before patting Seige's head like she's a kid.

"Oh," Ezra was the first one to react, watching the scene too. "The guy looks familiar. Diba Enzo?"

"Haven't seen him before" Enzo replied in a clipped tone, probably figuring out who the guy was too.

"Really? Sure ka?" Ngumuso si Ezra and stares at the guy from head to toe. "Looks like he's not from here"

"If he's not from here then how do you know him?" Enzo asked, confused.

"I don't know him entirely, I just said he's familiar"

Zeus slightly lifts his head, "Stop talking like that. The guy's just standing there"

Ezra glares at Zeus. "Matulog ka na nga lang dyan"

"Seige who was the guy that came in?" Ezra asked nang bumalik si Seige dala ang mga order nila. Kanina pa umalis ang lalaki na mukhang pumunta lang doon para sunduin yung waitress.

"Amarande," Seige answered. "He's a friend of the owner"

"He looks pretty familiar but hindi ko siya nakikita dito"

"He lives in another town, he's just here for a visit"

Athena noticed how her answers weren't specific.

Iniwasan niya ang tingin ni Seige nang iabot nito ang order niyang milkshake. Seige nudges Zeus' head before turning her back.

"You're going to pay for that!" Zeus yelled before turning his attention to the food in front of him. Napailing nalang si Athena.

She just took a few sips of her milkshake habang tahimik na kumakain ang tatlo.

Iniikot-ikot nalang niya ang pulang straw dahil nawalan na siya ng gana uminom.

"You should really eat something, Aiane" Ezra gave her a sideway glance and so did Zeus.

"Saan ba kayo galing ha?" Zeus points his fork at Athena and Enzo.

But no one got the chance to answer him dahil may kumatok sa glass window. All their eyes went down to the grinning little girl outside.

"Isn't that the Alpha's daughter?" Their gazed followed Niana as she ran inside the diner. May kasunod itong babae.

Niana barged in the dinner yelling "Ezra! Ezra! Ezra!"

She immediately climbed on Ezra lap, catching Ezra a bit off guard. Nia kept giggling while pinching Ezra's cheeks.

Si Enzo naman ay pasimpleng tumatawa sa tabi nito. Ezra can't tell the kid off dahil sa tagabantay nitong babae na nakatingin sa gawi nila.

Athena recognize the woman as Serenity Lockhart. The Luna of Red Claw.

The guy who was cleaning the counter approached the Luna like an old friend, kahit ang ibang nasa kitchen ay lumabas.

"Luna!" Seige exclaimed, hugging the Luna like she was an old friend.

Luna Serenity gladly hugged her back.

Athena's grip on her straw tightened.

Nagsisimula nang sumakit ng ulo niya sa dami ng nangyari.

Seeing how Seige acts with others made everything worse. Ganito ba talaga ito sa iba? Bakit sa Academy sobrang tahimik nito? She's been there for years yet wala itong naging kaibigan not until now.

It was so hard to figure her out dahil hindi niya alam kung ano talaga ang tunay na personality nito.

Questions were yet again swarming her head. Bakit ganon nalang ang disposisyon ni Seige nang makita ang Luna ng Red Claw? Paano nila nakilala ang isa't isa? Seige doesn't look like the type to have connections sa mga may matataas na position sa Pyramid.

The view was blocked when Zeus leaned in para kalabitin si Nia na ayaw parin tantanan ang pisngi ni Ezra.

"Hey kid," Kinalabit muli ni Zeus si Nia. Athena slapped his hand away.

"Wag mo ngang daragin yung bata Kuya!"

Her brother just ignored her and asked Nia a question nang tumingin na ito.

"Why are you so fond of Ezra?"

"Kuya ano ba namang tanong 'yan!"

Nia innocently looks up to touch Ezra's cheeks again. "My Daddy needs a Queen and Ezra's one"

All their eyes winded at Nia's answer, lalo na si Ezra na napa awang pa ang bibig sa gulat at pagtataka.

But then Zeus and Enzo recovered immediately with fits of laughter dahil sa hindi makapaniwalang mukha ni Ezra.

Athena just sighed, she had a lot more in her hands than to think of what Niana just said.

------

- Asher Lars -

Asher frustratedly ran a hand through his hair and stared up at the Moon.

"Luna please help me," he tiredly exclaimed. He had a hunch na wala si Flame sa Academy dahil bawat sulok ay pinuntahan na niya and hell it wasn't easy.

Lumabas na din siya ng Academy, naka balik na siya't lahat wala parin si Flame.

"If something happens to her Uncle Gav is going to freaking kill me," his eyes winded.

Hindi niya alam kung anong nangyari but base on Zeus' dark expression, mukhang nagkausap ang dalawa. Now, Flames gone and Zeus is gone too.

Dapat hindi na niya hinayaan si Flame na lumabas kanina kung ganito lang pala ang mangyayari.

Asher thinks he fucked up being her best friend. His duty is to keep her out of trouble. Knowing the situation, Flame got herself in more than just trouble. It will be a death sentence. She just dug her own grave six feet under.

Inis niyang sinipa ang bato na nasa tabi lang ng kanyang sasakyan. Papunta na sana siya ng exit nang napansin niya ang isang babaeng umiiyak.

Posture palang alam na niya kung sino ito.

"Audrina Calista crying" Asher exclaimed, not hiding his shock. "Is it just me or is this a sign that the world is ending soon?"

Inis na pinunasan ni Callie ang kanyang luha bago tignan si Asher. She just glared at him.

So he took it as an invitation to sit next to her.

"So," he trailed. "Why are you crying?"

It was unusual to see Callie in Sinclaire Academy since this is Ezra's territory. At ito rin ang unang beses na makita niyang umiiyak ito. He's used to her mataray look.

"Why do you care?" She countered with a dark stare.

"Because..." he stretched his legs casually. "Crying girls are my weakness"

"Talaga lang ha," Callie snorts a reply. "Isn't that pretty ironic? You're the type of guy who make girls cry. Don't think I don't know your reputation Woodsen. Don't make me one of your victims"

"Bakit ba iniisip ng lahat I'm always making a pass on girls whenever I talk to one? So judgemental" Umiling uling pa siya, acting as if he was hurt. "Pwede bang concerned lang ako?"

"You're concerned about me? Wow." Callie laughed with her voice laced with sarcasm. "What would Ezra think? Your so called 'Queen' might throw a fit pag nalaman niyang kinausap mo ako" she even made air quotes when she said "Queen".

"She will," he leaned back at tinukod ang kamay sa semento to support himself before glancing at Callie again. "But wala nang bago doon"

Callie's bow shaped lips turned into a thin line. Asher watched in amazement. Hindi mapagkakaila na maganda talaga ito.

He knew why Ezra hated this girl so much. Callie's features were perfect. Wala siyang mahanap na flaw kahit ilang beses pa niya tignan ang mukha nito.

"Crying girls are you weakness?" She slowly turned to him with eyes full of curiosity.

"Ah so you're interested now dahil alam mo na weakness ko," tumawa siya. "Planning to use it against me?"

"I was just asking," Callie glared at him again.

"Well to answer you question, Yes" Asher nods. "I feel very protective of the women close to me"

"I bet you can't name them all. Sa dami ba naman ng babae mo"

Asher chuckled at her challenging tone. "My Mum, Autie Carls, Auntie Adri, Tita V, Tita Riri, Ezra, Flame, Aiane, Aria, Gianna, Cassiel, and Auntie Cece. So you come in next since you are your mother's daughter"

"I came in last," Callie's voice lowered. "Why do I always come in last?"

"It's not neccisarily in that order," Asher immediately added when tears filled her eyes again.

"You know whatever you are crying about is not worth it" he thought it was the right thing to say kahit na gasgas na ang linyang ginamit niya.

Callie just scoffed. "Wala kang alam"

"I'm used to verbal abuse. Ezra prefers that than hurting someone in a physical way"

He wondered kung ano ang sadya nito. What made Callie visit SA at this time?

Callie sniffles and wipes her cheeks. "Uncle Jake used to take me out tuwing nalalaman niyang umiyak ko"

"He does that with Gigi too," Asher nods. Ayaw niyang putulin kung ano man ang gusto nitong sabihin dahil baka ito ang una't huli niyang mapapakinggan si Callie na mag kwento. Her emotions were mixed up right now kaya hindi nito ma filter ang dapat na sabihin.

"When I was kid I wished na sana dito nalang kami sa Hangrove para malapit lang ako kay Uncle Jake. He used to visit us all the time with Auntie Rianne but when Gigi came along hindi na sila ganon kadalas bumisita" Asher noticed how her lips turned into a sad smile. "I found a Dad in him you know since mine barely had time for me"

Asher wanted to nod but then he thought about growing up with Cain Woodsen being his Dad. Hindi niya ipapagpalit sa kahit ano ang mga oras na kasama niya ang Daddy niya noon. Noong silang dalawa palang at wala pa si Eros.

"I visit him whenever Gigi's not around since it's clear that she shares the same hatred towards me like Ezra"

"You're not as bad as everyone thinks you are, Callie." Asher smiled. "I'm saying that dahil iyon talaga ang tingin ko"

"Is that why you're nice to me?"

May lumandas na luha sa pisngi nito kaya pinagpagan ni Asher ang kanyang kamay to wipe her tears away. Callie didn't flinch when his thumb touched her cheek.

"I'm nice to everyone, extra nice sa mga magaganda"

Sinampal agad nito palayo ang kamay niya at tumayo na. "I'm leaving"

Asher just suppressed his laugh dahil sa pagmamadali nito. Muntik pa nga nitong mabitawan ang susi ng kotse sa kakaiwas ng tingin sa kanya.

Prenteng naka upo parin si Asher sa gutter habang pinapanuod si Callie.

Pinatunog na nito ang car alarm ngunit bago pumasok tumingin ito sa kanya.

"Thanks Woodsen"

He barely even heard what she said dahil sa hina. She sped away after that.

When Callie's car was out of sight, Asher laughed and shook his head.

'What just happened?' He asked himsef. Did he almost had a heart to heart talk with Audrina Calista Hemlock?

Hindi niya ine-expect na sa ganito matatapos ang araw niya. He was looking for a girl and ended up finding a different one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 193K 62
Tammy Pendleton has three goals. 1. To become King 2. To bring honor to her school 3. To find her childhood friend, Blue This is Tammy's adventures t...
16.9K 1.2K 23
Consists of three young paranormal experts, the Paranormal Club of St. Chesterino State University has to solve different paranormal cases as part of...
LUHA (MBS #2) By NOTAPHRODITE

Historical Fiction

135K 4.4K 18
Former A PLAYBOY FROM 1894 [ Mariano Brothers Series #2 ] COMPLETED ✔️ Mariano Marcos Lacson ang pilyo ngunit maginoo ng 1894 ay mapupunta sa kasaluk...
13.4M 641K 49
"She's my best friend, and she's the thirteenth victim." Nangako si Althea Denise Limerick at ang best friend nitong si Elyse na hindi sila magiging...