The Billionaire's Awakening (...

By MsDreamerGirl84

| Sequel to Secret Love | Previously called "The Steadfast Love." "If you are here to give me hope yet... More

Copyright
Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Freaking Out
Chapter 3: Hearts Set on Fire
Chapter 4: Miles Apart
Chapter 5: Fashion Week
Chapter 6: Courtship Begins
Chapter 7: The Past
Chapter 8: Gloomy Day
Chapter 9: First Night
Chapter 10: Buried Past
Chapter 11: Haunting Past
Chapter 13: First real date
Chapter 14: Choices
Chapter 15: Regrets
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Request
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Bitch
Chapter 20: Clash
Chapter 21: Heartache
Dedication and Random Advertisement
Chapter 22: Stranger
Chapter 23: Job
Chapter 24: Naughty
Chapter 25: Tease
Chapter 26: Past and Present
Chapter 27: Getting Dirty
Chapter 28: Truth
Chapter 29: Taryn
Chapter 30: The Lost Son
Chapter 31: News
Chapter 32: Hypocrisy
Chapter 33: Judgement Day
Chapter 34: About Time
Chapter 35: Not so perfect family
Chapter 36: The Wedding
Chapter 37: Finale
Epilogue
Sequel (Will be a long wait)

Chapter 12: Sleepover

54.3K 2K 49
By MsDreamerGirl84

Copyright © 2016 MsDreamerGirl84. All rights reserved.

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Unknown

..........

Xandrous' POV

My lips tug into a smile as I watch her sexy back dawdling along the shore. She was wearing a white summer dress that reaches her knees. The skirt of her dress dances around her hips, like big waves lapping against the rocks. The strong wind ruffles her hair and shines under the sunlight. She looks like a myth and I was awestruck at her beauty. 

She turned around to face me and she smiled. Her eyes glowing matching mine. I couldn't take my eyes away for I am scared she might fade. She brought her palms on her big bump and rub it, with a contented smile on her face as she calls me. "Come on, you're so slow!" she yells.

"Coming, babe." I chuckled in a louder voice so to be heard over the loud noise of the big waves lapping against the shore.

As I got closer, I saw her winced and she looks at me, frightened. Her palm holding underneath her big belly. As I look closer, I saw a crimson liquid dripping down between her thighs.

"Vicky!" I screamed and run closer, but it seems that I cannot get any closer. I saw her mouth opened and said something, but I didn't hear anything. She looks in pain, and dread filled me. My heart beat quickens and my muscles tense, fear settles in my heart as I kept on running. Just when I was close, she suddenly fades. 

"VICTORIA!!....." I screamed, my heart breaking.

I bolted sat upright as I murmured "Victoria?" My eyes involuntarily scanned the room and it dawns on me, it was just a dream, but my heart beat still hasn't lowered and fear is still there in my heart. 

I felt the moisture in my eyes. I didn't know I cried. 

It felt surreal. 

Wiping the sweat off my forehead, using the back of my palm, I quickly got out of the bed and changed since my shirt is already soaked with sweat.

.........................

Vicky's POV

"Mom, I'm fine," I rolled on my side and switch the phone to my other ear. My eyes traveled to the side table, craning my head up a little bit, and my eyes found what I'm looking for. It's already twelve at night. "How are you and dad?" I asked as I rested my head back on the pillow. I'm so sleepy and a little drunk after Frankie and I finished the bottle of Tequila to kill time while watching Batman vs. Superman. 

Xandrous was trying to stop me drinking, but as stubborn as I am, I win at the end. So here I am, taking all the credits after being stubborn. My head feels heavy, my eyelid feels like they are about to get glued, and I feel lightheaded to worsen the situation. 

"He's fine. He's busy trying to win this German investor, or rather to be with this hot and spicy looking German!" I could literally see mom rolling her eyes and the bitterness in her voice didn't escape my senses. 

"Are you jealous, mom?" I blurted out chuckling.

"NO!" she responded all too quickly and I laughed even more. I find it so hilarious. God, they are both old and they still love each other so much. Well, I'm not complaining. I'm just glad we are not included in the list of a broken family. And that, I thought of Cassie. 

I dismissed the thought. "You two should go out often," I remarked as I stifled a yawn.

"Tell that to your father who seems too energetic these past days!" mom spewed out bitterly and I couldn't even control my giggles. She sounded so funny. 

When am I gonna find my one true love? 

He's next door, Vi!

I quickly shook the thoughts off and gave my attention back to my mother.

"Na-ah. You should talk to him, mom! Tell him you are jealous," I teased. 

Feeling my mom's deadly glare at the other line, I chuckled loudly this time as I rolled on my back and my right hand involuntarily held the phone closer to my ear. 

"Is Xandrous really pursuing you?" mom detoured the topic and I stiffened. I suddenly felt cornered and lying to my mom is like running away from a ghost. 

Scary.

"He's living at the next door, mom," I said after a long pause.

"So, it was true!" mom exclaimed. I'm not sure if she's happy or angry. Her voice tones up a little bit and sharp.

"You don't like him, mom?" more like a question, my heart suddenly feels heavy as it pounded inside my ribcage. 

"Of course, I do!" mom exclaimed. "I never thought he would do something after we found out that you love him, and the way he looks at you, it reminds me of your father. It's the same, it's just that, he always looks pained all the time. He always has this wistful stare," mom explained and I absentmindedly bob my head as I chewed on my bottom lip. I didn't tell them that he was my first boyfriend. "Sometimes, I wonder," her voice lowering at the end. 

"You mean to say, mom, he's always brooding!" I teased as I chuckled trying to sway her curiosity.

"Well, ever since, he's always the serious one among his friends-"

"Mom, it was Raffy and Max," I reminded her chuckling.

"Oh, yes. Those two, as well. They should make a club called the Brooding Men's Club," then mom chuckled. I felt relieved when mom's curiosity died down and she sounds playful. "You know, I remember Lauren's story about them and Zandros. He kind of reminds me of his father. Father like son," mom commented and my forehead furrowed. I didn't get it.

"What do you mean?" I said and I felt like I sounded like Justin Bieber in my head, singing that line.

"He's very egoistic," mom said briefly and I nodded. Yes, his ego doesn't fit his head. Now that I'm ready to move on, he finally realized he can steer clear of Cassie. If only he realized that earlier, we probably are married by now and happy. I wouldn't be here, or I wouldn't have met these wonderful people, I wouldn't be called the queen bitch or selfish, and I wouldn't lose my baby.

Life is unfair, yet at the end of the day, it is fair. We learn from our trials, from our mistakes, and find our purpose. A life without trials is like an empty box. When you open it, there's nothing inside. Boring, dull. It's like a plain black dress with no accessories. 

Uninteresting.

When I have grandkids, I have a story to tell and they won't be bored hearing it, like the story of my mom and dad. I always want to hear it before I go to bed. It's my bedtime story and the glow in my mom's face, the pride in her eyes, I wanted to have that. I want my own story when I grow old like them.

I let out a big yawn and pulled the comforter up to my shoulder and curled in a fetus position. The phone sitting on my ear, flatly. I could feel the sleep slowly taking over.

"Mom, I'm going to sleep," I said between yawning. 

"Oh, I'm sorry honey. Sure, I'll talk to you later. Goodnight, Vicky." 

"Good day, mom!" then the call ended. I lazily grab the phone against my ear and put it on the side table. 

Not long, I fell into a deep slumber.

........

"Vi, Vi!" I hear my name called at a distance but I feel so sleepy. I ignored it as I nestled cozily under my comforter when suddenly someone pulled the comforter away from reach.

My eyes fluttered like a blinking light and with the soft golden glow of the night lamp in my side table illuminating the room, I saw Frankie hovering over me in her robe. 

I opened my eyes and stared at her in annoyance. My eyes quickly darted to the clock in my side table and it's just two in the morning. I went to bed half past twelve and she has to wake me up in my deep sleep.

"WHAT?" I snap.

She looks completely annoyed as well. "Xandrous is in the living room, waiting for you!" then she turned around and left me baffled. 

Did I just hear it right? Xandrous is here? Why would he come at this hour?

I quickly scrambled out of my bed and took the robe hanging behind the door and headed to the living room. And sure he is, waiting for me. 

"What are you doing here?" I snap as soon as I came closer but kept my voice low so as not to disturb Frankie at the next door. Xandrous knocking at this hour already pissed her off royally. 

He quickly stood up and pulled me into his arms, hugging me firmly yet gently. He was acting weird but I didn't protest when he held me longer. I'm sure he didn't come here at this hour just to hug me. Something is definitely wrong.

"Xandrous?" I whispered, calling him. He looks downcast and broken. My heart felt heavier at he sight of him.

"I dreamed of you," he started without pulling away. His head against the crook of my neck, his arms coiled around me. "You are pregnant," his breathings ragged and I felt him tense. I froze as he continued on "and I saw blood dripping b-between y-your-t-thighs," he hugs me even tighter as he relays me his dream. I felt my body shudders violently. Is my past haunting me? "And when I ran to help you, you suddenly fade, before I could even touch you," I felt his body shivers a bit as he ended his story.

"I'm scared. I thought something happened to you, that's why I came here to see you. I can't go back to sleep when I'm not sure you're alright," then I realized, he wasn't hugging me anymore. 

I was only staring at his weary eyes. I couldn't find my voice to say something. I felt my body turns rigid as I force my brain to switch on. Tears starting to well up in my eyes, as the past flashes back in my head. 

"Vicky? Vicky baby, look at me," Xandrous broken voice pulled me out of my zoned out thoughts. I stared at him, spiritless. 

Will he forgive me if he found out that we had a child, but I lost it because I wasn't careful?

 Will he still pursue me if he found out we had a child and I didn't tell him, not that I know about it until that day of that accident?

"Are you alright?" he asked softly, his palm brushing gently against my right cheek. 

I nodded. Trying to collect myself together, I face him with a neutral look. "I'm just sleepy, Xandrous and you came here at this hour!" I finally kick away the fear from my past and act casually. 

"I'm sorry, I was worried," he apologized and drop his hand on his sides. 

"Go back to your apartment, Xandrous and go to sleep. We both need sleep," I told him and turned to head back to my room. 

"I can't. I'm scared I'll have that dream again," he said. I rolled my eyes as I stop and turned my head to look at him. 

"You're not five years old, Xandrous," I lectured. 

"I'll sleep here in the sofa," he decided and was about to lay on the sofa when I remember, Frankie always wakes up early and ambled around the room in her bra and panty. I don't want to scare her.

"Sleep then in my room," I decided before I could think properly. 

He silently padded barefoot in my direction in haste, then planting himself in front of me with a satisfying grin on the corner of his lips. "This is the first and last sleepover here, understand?" I whispered in a snappy tone and he nodded his head eagerly.

We both headed to my room after turning the lights off in the living room. As soon as we entered my room, he quickly rounded my bed and started taking his clothes off. "Hey, put your clothes on," I stopped him. 

He looks at me, devoid of guile. "But I can't sleep with too many clothes on," he complained. I puffed a lungful of air and almost knock my head for not thinking. 

"Fine, just leave your boxers on," I said in a resigned voice and he enthusiastically nodded. 

I quickly turned the night light off so I won't see his well-sculpted body avoiding getting heated up. I need sleep but I'm sure hell this will be going to be a long night, I mean morning.

..........

I felt a warm air hitting my face and it felt relaxing. Taking in the smell of the air, that smells like Xandrous. 

Wait, Xandrous?

I snapped my eyes open when it dawns on me that he was here last night. And damned right, he was hovering over me, his sea green eyes glowing and I was captivated again. My palms involuntarily landed on his taut chest and I felt the heat crawling in my gut and spreading like a wildfire through my nerves, erupting tingles everywhere inside my body.

"What are you doing?" I mumbled barely audible, I felt the lump in the back of my throat. 

"Watching you sleeping," he whispered and his breath smells so masculine, so sexy. His face was too close to mine and I felt my heartbeat picking up a pace. 

"Back up, you're too close," I said, pulling my palms away and rested it on my chest,  and he chuckled, but he obeyed anyway. He rolled on his side and face me. I was on my back my palms resting on my belly. 

"Why are you still in my bed?" I asked. He was so close to me, and I could feel his eyes, staring at my face intently.

"This is my last sleepover here, so I'll take advantage of it," he said proudly and I just shot him a disparaging stare. 

"It's time for you to leave, Xandrous. I don't want Frankie knows you sleep in my room, in my bed no less." I said as I sat up and swung my legs out of the bed. I caught him from the corner of my eyes staring at my thighs then I felt all my blood rushes to my cheek as I realized I was only wearing a thin silk top that barely reach my hips and just my underwear on. I quickly grab my robe that I threw on the floor when I crawled inside the bed cover and put it on. 

Xandrous was chuckling in amusement and I shot him a deadly glare.

"Leave!" I hissed and he just brushed it off to my annoyance. 

"I saw Frankie in the kitchen before I wake you up," his shoulder rise and fall as he shrugs. He sat up so contentedly and propped his back against the headboard, watching me at the edge of the bed.

"You look so beautiful in the morning," he drawled and his stare slowly became intense and hard. I saw it in his eyes the sincerity and my insides tingled but I ignored it.

"Thanks!" I replied briefly and turned on my heel towards the direction of the washroom. 

"Don't you think it's fair to say it back?" I don't know if he's serious or was just teasing me, but I responded anyway.

"You are beautiful too," I said in a bored tone and entered the washroom. I heard his boisterous laugh and my heart warms at the sound of it. When was the last time I hear that laugh?

When we were in high school. When we are still fine. 

I stared at the vanity mirror above the sink and met the same honey-brown eyes staring back at me. High cheekbone, small pointed nose, bow-like lips, and my thick curly hair in a mess. I always get compliments from others, but I never felt it. I felt like people were saying it out of politeness. 

But this morning, Xandrous thought I am beautiful. Hearing it from him, I felt my confidence rises a few notch. 

A ghost of a smile broke out in my lips. 

I quickly brush my teeth and wash my face before walking back to my bed. When I came back, Xandrous was back sleeping. My eyes traveled to the side table opposite his and my eyes searched for the clock. It's nine-thirty.

He looks peacefully sleeping so I decided to let him sleep. I quickly got changed and headed to the kitchen to drink some tea.

.....

"What's up?" I started as soon as the call connected.

"Just want to make sure you're coming tonight," Deshawn said.

I heard the toaster pop. I took a plate and walk towards the end of the countertop where the toaster was. "Yes, we both going," I said as I put the bread on my plate. Walking back towards the island counter, I place the plate down.

"Great!" I heard him said. "Will you bring your hot neighbor?" he asked sounding reluctance but there's a faint excitement in his voice. My forehead scrunched up. 

"Well, I already invited him—"

"FABULOUS!" he interrupted.

"Wow, you sound so excited for him rather us?" I teased, though there's something fishy about his tone I didn't entertain it.

"Of course, he is a great guy and, so famous!" Deshawn exclaimed and I rolled my eyes. I quickly walk towards the fridge and took the Nutella out. 

"If you say so," I chuckled, in a teasing tone. I took a knife out from the drawer and then walk back to the island counter. Unscrewing the lid off, I took a spoonful of Nutella and spread it on my toast bread. 

"Okay, there's something I want to tell you, but I will tell it when you come and please bring him, alright?" Deshawn sounded so elated and at the same time tense that it piques my interest. 

Licking the rest of Nutella sticking on my finger, I stared at Frankie who was busy talking on the phone as well, in a cross-legged position. "Deshawn, you better tell me now!" I place my palm on the edge of the island countertop and glared at oblivion.

"No, can do, missy!" he quickly objected. "I'll see you later, pretty!" then he hang up the phone.

I was staring at the dark brown butter spread across my toast bread that was perfectly toast with my head reeling with Deshawn's words. Moments ago, the Nutella sounds so appealing but now my appetite is gone. 

God, why would I be so affected?

Argh, I'm so going to kill you, Deshawn!

"Would you like to go shopping?" I was so lost in my thoughts that I forget about Xandrous. When I turn around, I was shocked to see him only in his boxer. Dammit!

"WHAT?" he sounded so innocent as he poured some coffee that was left in the pot, Frankie brewed this morning. 

Frankie?

My eyes quickly darted to her direction and her eyes were feasting on Xandrous' ripped chest. I could literally see little hearts blowing out of her eyeballs.

"Go get dress, DAMMIT!" he grinned sexily. He didn't really care that Frankie's eyes were almost popping out of their sockets, trying to take in his sexy body whatever she can. And the island counter didn't help to hide his boxer because he was too tall. He could see half of his male anatomy.

"FRANKIE!" I widened my eyes at her and she looks at me innocently to my annoyance.

"WHAT?" 

"Turn around!" I grit out and she just chuckled. She did after another eyeful directed at Xandrous chest. 

................

A/N: Here you go, guys. I'm sorry for the very very slow update... I hope you will continue to support them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

301K 8.1K 45
Victoria Hale had everything she ever wanted in life. She was the daughter of a multi-millionaire, with a loving family. Every girl wanted to be her...
9.5K 214 44
When They Kennedy is accused of dating the billionaire for his money, she finds other means to take care of her sick mother. And that includes workin...
450K 10.4K 53
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . Victoria Kalie Maurice, despite having a terrible truth about...
363K 10.2K 54
❗❗THIS IS A RENEWED VERSION OF MY STORY HIS VICTORIA, YOU CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL ONE IN MY PROFILE❗❗ ⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke ...