Close Enough

Por thanduxolo00

He saved her life, He wants some thing in return or may I say some things. Tasha is your average teenage girl... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Authors note
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Authors note
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Authors note
Chapter 20 (part I)
Chapter 21 (part II)
Chapter 22 (part III)
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Authors note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34: Final Chapter
Authors Final Note

Chapter 14

76 9 7
Por thanduxolo00

"Come on Q,it'll be fun!" I begged Q to have lunch with Alex and me.

It was refreshing to see her,we hadn't had time to chat because we've had many quizzes and we'll not have any time soon because I don't attend the after lunch classes with her.

I arrived a few minutes early and so I told her about the invite to lunch,she was pretty cool about it and now she's freaking out.

She's claiming that she'll be the third wheel but I convinced her that her and Alex will get along just fine.

"Now you know how I feel when I'm trying to take you somewhere," She smiled.

"Please?" I tried to pull of some puppy cute eyes but she didn't budge.

"Okay,I'll answer your daily questions," I exhaled as a huge grim grew on her face.

"For the whole week?" She asked.

"Yeah sure!,as long as you don't say something stupid and moniqueish," I sighed as I viewed the new message from Alex:

Parking lot,
-Alex

"I like a boy who doesn't beg but just gets to the point," she sighed as she read the text.

"See,you already like him!" We walked towards the exit.

"What if the feeling is not mutual?" She stopped dead in her tracks.

"Then he'll have to get over you somehow because you're stuck me all the way," I grabbed her arm.

"You're right," she took deep breaths.

"Hell yeah!" I exclaimed.We saw his car and him beside it and I've got to say,he looked pretty cool and this time I hope he won't distract himself with his phone. He'd have to take in all this beauty.Just joking.

"Hey," he exhaled looking a little nervous as we got closer.

"Alex this is my best friend Monique,Monique this is Alex," I introduced them to each other.

"Let me correct that,since you're the best friend than I'm definitely the boyfriend,"Alex blurted out earning a huge slap on his arm from me.

"Awww!" He responded covering his arm.

"Easy tiger!" Q laughed.

"Shall we ladies?" He opened the passengers side, for him of course. "I guess I'm driving," I exhaled as Q jumped in the back seat.

"Same place as last time?" I asked as I put on my seat belt.

"No way,wouldn't want you drooling over that waiter again!" He teased.

"You're jealous,right Q?" I fixed the review mirror to see my best friend.

"Well according to the boy code, a cute guy like Alex wouldn't be jealous of a... and I quote "waiter" he was pretty freaked out or maybe doubted you," she took his side.

"I like you!" Alex fist bumped Q.

"The feeling is mutual," Q smiled.

"Who's side are you on?" I asked.

"The side that doesn't drool over waiters,so yeah McDonald's it is!" Q rolled her eyes and they fist bumped again.

"See,that's how it's done!" Alex turned to face me.

"What's done?" I asked,

"Rolling ones eyes,she's a natural! and how come you don't know how to when she's a master at it?.My friend you take best friendism for granted," Alex smirked,earning a chuckle from Q

"So now I'm your friend?" I looked at him for a moment.

"We can go back to dating,just say the words baby and I'm all yours!" He grinned as he placed a hand on my shoulder pretending to feel my pain.Bloody actor.

"Just shut up!" I exclaimed as I parked outside McDonald's.

"You know this is revenge right? for stealing my best friend,too bad because I happen to think Q is really cool," He got out.

"Who Charlie? She doesn't deserve you," I chased after him as Q followed me.

"See what I mean,you stole her from me!,and know she's all about Tasha this Tasha that and all that crap!" He reserved a table outside the restaurant again.

"Is this a real fight because if it I'd like to order some popcorn," Q exhaled as the waitress gave us the menu.

"No it's not," I ran a hand over my hair and felt sweaty.

"This is our first fight,and I'm not getting you anything on our anniversary!" He assured me, crossed his arms and pouted his lips.

"We are not dating!,I'll just have a large black coffee and some plain toast please," I said politely to the waitress.

"Then you won't mind me giving my number to this lovely lady, would you now?" He wrote his numbers on a napkin and placed it on the waitress's apron pocket.

She looked like what Alex would go after,skinny,blonde,short skirt and beautiful lady probably in college.

"I don't mind at all,you can give them to the whole world for all I care!" I exhaled and turned to my amused best friend as she sat there quietly enjoying the scene.

"But just a friendly tip,I would stuff his throat with that napkin if I were you because that's what he's going to do with your heart," I tipped the waitress.

"And how would you know that? According to me you just missed a great opportunity," she turned to me and touched Alex's shoulder lightly and continued to write what ever Q was ordering.

Leaving me to process what she'd just said to me.

"Hold on,nobody talks to my girlfriend like that especially a waitress and I suppose your manager won't be happy about one of his employees busy eavesdropping and I think I'm gonna need my napkin back.Oh and we might need another waitress who respects other people just so you know!" Alex took her hand away from his shoulder and defended me once again.He was furious and made the waitress regret speaking shit to me.

He looked disgusted and overprotective of me and one thing that made me think that was because of his warm hand holding mine across the table.It was magical and sent shivers all over my body.

"Oh sorry," He let go of my hand seconds later probably because I was staring at it the whole time. 'Awkward' I kept thinking to myself as I stared into his eyes and didn't think of anything other than the word above of course.

"Yeah you better leave and we're not tipping you since you don't want any tips.See what I did there? It's called ambiguity bitch!" Q yelled out to her as she rolled her eyes and mouthed a 'whatever'.

"That was pretty cool you guys but I had it under control," I sighed.

"Young lady,you don't even know how to roll your eyeballs,What makes you think you can trash talk and you looked like you were trying to process what she'd said!" Alex grinned as he high fived Q.

"Don't you guys process everything?" I was confused and to them I looked dumb.

"Baby girl,some things are meant to go from input to output and must skip the processing stage, haven't I taught you that already?" Q asked trying to sound like an understanding adult.and earning a chuckle from Alex.

"No you haven't mom!" I huffed.

Not that my friend turned against me but for that the food arrived and it grew because it was another waitress,no let me correct that,it was now a waiter and I felt relief run all over my body as my heart started to pump blood again.

"Well we'll have plenty of time for that and hey Alex,did you really write your numbers on that napkin?" Q sighed as she received her salad.

A smile grew across my face as Alex showed us what was written on the napkin, 'extra cheese'

And yes I was embarrassed and asked the waiter to fix me another coffee to go.

"Hey we're even right?" Alex smirked and took a glimpse of time on his expensive watch.

"Not even close,what time is it?" I asked as what a novel I read before would refer to as captain panic grew inside of me.

"It's best if I don't tell you," He stretched out looking calm and relaxed but spending time with him made it clear that he was pretending to be chilled out.

"We're late aren't we!" I started to panic.

"Calm down we'll make it on time!" He gestured for me to keep breathing.

"You don't understand,I have a phobia of being late and if we don't get out of here soon I'll explode!" I yelled and attracted a few stares from people.

"Okay,okay we're moving.You just need to pay the bill first!" Alex stood up and I glanced at him and did the forbidden and that is to process what he'd just said.

"What! I warned you didn't I?" He smiled.

"You..." Q interrupted me.

"Whoa,stop before you say something you both don't mean. I'll pay the bill, no worries let's just all breath.That's enough fighting for the day love birds!" Q laughed and placed a couple of bucks in the table.

"You don't have to do that,we invite you anyway"I sighed calming down and reaching for my purse on my bag.

"Look we're wasting time arguing, let's just go!" Alex exhaled.

"You need to shut up!" I exclaimed and Q grabbed me and headed towards the exit.

Alex drove the car back to school and everyone was already inside and I just wanted to pee my pants and self destruct.

We ran inside the school and luck was not on our side because the halls were empty.

"I'll just skip my class,I can't do it" I sighed feeling teary.

"Look at me!,you're gonna do it, you're gonna step into that class and earn being late,pride is all what it takes.I believe in and I'm sorry but I have to say that being late is worth sitting right next to you and I wouldn't have it any other way,and your friend there is the best thing that ever happened to you and that's why she's your bestie even though I knew you for weeks now but that doesn't mean I wasn't watching you,"Alex poured his heart out and touched mine.He was right!

"Let's do this," I sighed looking at Q as she agreed with a nod.

"Good luck guys! My class is on the second floor,"Alex ran towards the staircase and caught one last glimpse of me and turned as Q called out his name.

"It's not your fault, but it is your fault making lunch fun.Thanks!"

Q yelled as Alex pointed me and yelled back.

"She made all the fun possible!" She winked at me and ran up the staircase.

"Ms McCarthy,what have you got to say for yourself!" Mr. Zuiker yelled as I opened the door and slowly entering the classroom.

"Uhm...Food poisoning sir,and I am sincerely sorry," I lied.Judging from his awkward face expression I'm pretty sure he buys it.

"Apologies to you,sit down but this may not happen again!" He tried to sound professional.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I crashed into my desk and found a note tapped on top of it.
-Stay the hell away from him!
Or else...

It threatened.I ripped it off and stuffed it in my bag.Oh Alex what have you gotten me into?.I don't want no drama.I just want to graduate and get out of here.

I felt uncomfortable,busy wondering who did this and maybe that person is sitting behind me and enjoying the view,probably feeling smart.Alex has a lot of friends and ex-girlfriends,a current girlfriend?,Not possible because she would be all over him making sure he doesn't lose his focus on her.

It's definitely a girl.The dot in the 'i' was a heart and the whole writing was decorative and well written.She must be pissed off and wants to kill me.And the the prime suspect is Alex's on and off girlfriend Kenzie.Yep! The name says it all,The beauty,the body,the boobs,the hair,the skin,the nails, the clothes and the shoes.She's perfect I'm telling you but her spirit and inner core sucks.

Poor girl,she finds me as a threat and competition but doesn't understand the game.I like her, not because of her physical features but she has something that I'd never had and that's confidence.It's part of her,the way she walks,talks,smile,and I would never strip in front of the whole school.

What can she probably do to me.
Ruin my life of course.This is why I didn't want to befriend Alex, he'll get me out of my comfort zone and in a blink of an eye I'll be on the spotlight,and it not on my agenda.I just want to stay invisible and get out of here ASAP.

~*~

"Are you okay?" Taylor brought me back to earth. I didn't even realise that we had stopped in front of our house.
"Yeah I'm fine," I smiled as I got out of the car.

Unfortunately that note was stuck on my mind,I couldn't think of anything other than it.It's really from Kenzie, how am I so sure?, well after school I saw her and Alex at the halls they were talking at first like any other person and suddenly as I got nearer she was all over him and her hands were literally everywhere.

And I was like,is she for real?
Alex was surprised like me and for some reason he pushed her away from him. That was weird.
I had to wait for a few minutes by the gate because
Taylor was late,he offered a lift and I said no and of course he was persuasive but fortunately Taylor was not that late.

He also reminded me of our midnight hangout and he seemed excited about it. I tried to postpone it but he got away with it this time because I let him.I could see it in his eyes that he was excited so I agreed. But mom's words kept replaying in my head,'don't hang out with him too much'...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.7M 59.3K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
175K 4.3K 24
Ellison (Ellie) Marie Anderson Is an average school girl, some may say nerd. She is junior in highschool, but what happens when the schools 'bad boy'...
474 26 15
Molly a sweet 17 year old, has Been through a lot. She has been through her mother's death, to her father abusing her afterward. Not only is she livi...
4.3K 134 17
Alexis has fallen for the school bad boy. They are complete opposites but she couldnt help herslef. She just had to get a 'taste' of the badboy. Afte...