Scream // 5sos

By BritishBums

In a small town where everybody knows everybody, a string of mysterious murders causes a group of teenage fri... More

the cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen

seven

8.3K 672 1.4K
By BritishBums

-

- Lola -

-

-

I woke up to a dark hospital room and get well goodies on the table beside me.

Smiling weakly, I tried to sit up, only to curse as I felt a pain struck to my stomach.

Lifting up my shirt, I peek down at the wound that is now sown shut.

Breathing out, I reached for my jeans that were folded on the chair. I guessed it was Hailey who folded everything. It was predictable for her to be so nice.

My phone was in the pocket.

And suddenly, as I reached for my jeans, I slowly remembered what I was going to tell Hailey before I blacked out.

The killer. The killer's face.

Breathing heavily at the memory, I suddenly felt completely disgusted and panicked.

This couldn't just go unnoticed.

Because the killer was closer to us than we all thought.

Blinking my tears away, I dig through my jean pockets.

Gasping, I hear some footsteps outside my open hospital door.

"Hello?" I called. "Detective, is that you?"

No response.

My heart beats quicker, adrenaline kicking in.

Once I retrieve my phone, I shakily turn it on.

As soon as it had turned on, I open my dialer.

First person I think I should get to is the detective so I speed dialled him.

"Please pick up. Please pick up." I quietly whispered.

The rings continue, until it leads right to voicemail.

"Fuck." I cursed.

Maybe I should call Hailey?

"Detective. Detective I know who one of the suspects are. B-before I was stabbed, I caught a glimpse of who it was through the mask. And I'm just going to tell you, he is closer than you think. And there are others. But he-"

I screamed when a black figure had emerged from the door.

"Help me!" I tried to cry, my phone dropping to the ground.

"Help!" I shouted, but he had closed the door before I could do anything else.

"How could you." I cried, staring at him.

But he didn't speak.

All he did was pull out a blade, silver and sharpened.

Tears streamed down my face, as my lip trembled.

"This time, stay fucking dead."

-

-

****

-

- Mallory -

-

I woke up to Luke beside me, his face nuzzled into my neck.

"Hey." I whispered, sitting up.

Luke didn't go home last night, he insisted on staying with me only because he wanted me safe.

And to be honest, him being around lessened the whole paranoid feeling to all of this.

Last night, I was the first to fall asleep I think, only because I remembered him humming to some Nirvana song before I was out like a light.

His eyes fluttered open, to reveal pools of deep blue as I smiled, combing my fingers through his hair.

"Hi." He groggily said.

I kissed him on the cheek, getting up and out of bed.

"Hey, we should go and visit Lola and see how she's doing." Luke reminded.

"Yeah, yeah we should. Let me just get ready. You can text everyone else in the group chat to come along."

"Okay." He nodded.

I just smiled at him before I had walked into the bathroom.

Closing the door, my heart fell.

A hand flew to my mouth, my eyes widening.

There was a bloodied handprint smeared on the white sink, making me back away.

My back hit the door in a loud thud as I stood there just..

Luke was the only person with me this entire time, and the entire night.

Of course I had no idea what happened, I fell asleep.

What if..

I swallowed hard, my breath hitching as I stared at my reflection in the tall mirror.

"Mal, are you okay in there?" Luke knocked on the wood.

I jumped at his voice.

"Y-yeah." I stuttered, holding my breath.

Who's handprint could have it been? Who's blood?

I tried to think of someone, something that could get me away from the thought that Luke could have been up to this all along.

But he couldn't have.. He was with us the whole time the night of Stacey's death.

I held my hands to my head, closing my eyes.

I could still here him on the other side of the door, and I could also see the shadow of his peeking through the bottom of the door.

"Mallory, let me in."

"No. I.. I need to do something." I shakily said.

"Mallory, I said open the door. I just want to see what's wrong?" He called, knocking on the door.

I locked it as soon as he had knocked as I backed away, stumbling to the floor.

"Mallory I said open the door!" He yelled, soon pounding his fist against the door as tears spilled from my eyes.

Getting up, I tried to look for something to protect myself with.

Nothing. There wasn't a single thing I could get my hands on, making me more nervous.

I roughly jabbed my elbow into the mirror, and repeatedly did it harder and harder until it cracked loudly.

Flinching, I picked up a piece that had fallen, gripping it in my hand.

"Mallory, just open the door. You're scaring me." Luke said seriously.

I count to three in my head before I had opened the door, holding the sharp glass in front of me.

"You're the killer." I accused shakily.

"What? Mallory, I don't know what you're talking about, I--"

"Shut up! Just shut up. You killed someone last night, you left when I was asleep and you came back, got rid of the evidence.." I shook my head, tears blurring my sight.

My grip had gotten too tight on the glass that blood soon dripped from it.

"What?" His eyes softened, but also had fear hinted in them.

This had to be a trick.

He tried to step close to me, but I held the glass closer to him.

"Stop! Don't get any closer you maniac." I cried. "Who's blood?"

"I don't know! I swear it, Mallory I do not know." He yelled. "Please. Just trust me, I have no idea, okay?"

Tears streamed down my cheeks as I was shaking vigorously by now.

Sobbing, the piece of glass dropped to the floor in a clatter.

"I'm so sorry. I just.. I thought.." I squeaked out, staring at him.

"It's okay. It's fine, Mallory honestly." He spoke softly, as I ran to him, burying my face into his chest.

"No it's not, I.. I almost hurt you." I gripped him as he wrapped his arms around me.

Looking up at him, he just shook his head.

"But you didn't Mal. I'm fine, we're fine. We're going to find out who did this." He took my face into his hands.

I was about to set my hands on top of his before I see something.

It's a slightly dry blood stain on his left hand. It was barely visible, but I managed to see the crimson color.

-

-

- Hailey -

-

I couldn't go back to school today. I might have to skip the entire week, only because too much has happened.

Going back had to be the stupidest thing, just being exposed in general.

I jumped at the sound of my doorbell, as I froze for a second.

"Hailey, it's Ashton."

I sighed in relief at a familiar voice, my shoulders relaxing.

Walking over, I had quickly opened it.

Ashton's hair was a mess, and you could clearly see the lack of sleep through the dark circles under his hazel eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked him, as he shook his head.

"I just.. I need someone. I need someone right now." He managed to get out, staring me right in the eyes.

"You can stay if you want." I murmured, pursing my lips.

I tilted my head at him in confusion when he didn't speak up but he just smiled weakly.

"I.. I came all this way just to kiss you."

"What?" I was caught off guard.

As soon as I had said that, Ashton slowly leaned in and pressed his soft lips against mine.

The scratch of his slight stubble stung my delicate skin slightly, but I didn't pull away.

I felt almost magnetized. Like I couldn't pull away, even if I wanted to so badly.

Instead I had kissed him back, my fingers burying into his hair.

He pulled away this time, only confusing me more because the kiss felt right. Just a little, but it was finally enough.

I stared at him.

"I'm sorry. This is stupid." He laughed dryly to himself. "There's a killer out on the loose, supposedly more than one now based on what Detective Jones told us, and we could all be at risk yet here I am trying to kiss you."

"It's okay. I.. I kind of needed it, through this hell." I motioned, sighing as I leaned on the doorframe.

Before he could reply, Ashton's ohone vibrated and glowed in his pocket.

He quickly takes the phone out and glanced at the caller ID.

"It's the detective." He furrowed his eyebrows.

He had put it on speaker, holding it between both of us.

"Hello?"

"Ashton, I.. I just finished calling everyone, but Mallory or Luke wasn't picking up so I figured I'd call you instead."

"Yeah, um.. What's wrong Mr. Jones?"

"There's been another incident, and I need all of you at the hospital. We have another crime scene on our hands."

My lips parted in shock and sadness, already realizing this.

I knew I had this gut feeling that something felt.. Off.

Something was bound to happen, and we all had no clue.

I should have stayed the night, hell even until someone told me it was okay to go.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I stared at Ashton.

"We'll be there soon." He said.

-

-

-

Cops and Detective Jones surrounded the same hospital room that belonged to Lola, my stomach churning.

No.. Not Lola.

This couldn't be happening. Not again.

Ashton and I ran to where the detective had been looking at evidence and setting numbered, yellow cards next to each piece of evidence.

I felt like vomitting at the sight of Lola's dead body on the hospital bed, as I felt my entire body grow weak.

The sheets were covered in the crimson red color, her throat slit.

I tried to turn around, Ashton was the first person behind me as my face buried in his chest.

Crying shakily, I was angry and devastated at the same time.

The fact that this has to happen again struck me. This had to be ended, once and for all.

But Lola had the only evidence left.

We were the closest to finding all of this out, but obviously Ghostface knew.

They knew that Lola had known exactly who it was, and they shut her up. Murdered her.

Pretty soon, everyone else began to arrive.

Next came Evie, then Calum, and the Michael.

Where was Mallory and Luke?

I had to find them. What if they were next?

There had to be some sort of pattern to all of this.

Why was Ghostface targetting us in this pattern? Was is random? Or was it all cleanly planned?

It had to be planned. This is exactly why each murder had no single trace.

The rest seemed to be a blur as I stood there with my friends, in a state of shock, completely shattered.

I did stand with my friends..

Or at least, what was left of us.

-

-

___________________________

-

A/N:

OH MY GOD SO WHAKDJEJ

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED

OH

ALRIGHT GUYS, SO 250 VOTES AND 400 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER TO BE UP!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING OMG

STAY TUNED!

-

- BritishBums x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 660 17
Michael is a depressed teen. Ashton is a shy and quiet teen. They met by accident, but maybe it was just faith that they were suppose to meet. Michae...
3.5K 257 29
The story of how four total opposites are brought together to try and figure out why kids are disappearing, murders are occurring, whispering is just...
480K 14.2K 39
In which a girl who has decided to go all natural meets an arrogant blonde boy who only wants to be her friend. © 2016 loosends
1K 81 21
I read my assignment once again. "A bunch of teenargers?" I thought to myself. "No way this will be hard." And so it all begun...