Her Choice

By Rhythm1209

A boy gets into college. Meets a beautiful girl. Unknowingly falls in love with her. The girl is dating the... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chpater 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue

Chapter 18

3K 267 21
By Rhythm1209

MANIK

My head throbbed and I recoiled back to suppress it. I barely opened my eyes and the blast of darkness engulfed me. I searched for my hands and at first I couldn't feel them making me think I may have lost them altogether, all four but gradually the pain subsided and my brain was able to reattach it's connection. I pulled out my hands but they strained against something cold and my wrists cut into the metal. I am handcuffed. I moved my legs and thankfully they were free. I turned my head to the left to find Nandini still unconscious with her hands tied up in the same away as mine.

And images of the attack resurfaced and I realised we were kidnapped and I had now idea as to why.

We were in a small room which appeared more like a cell. I concentrated on Nandini. Her face was dirty and there was a slit at the corner of her forehead. The blood had dried up leaving a clot at her wound. Her hairs were all flying around and untamed. And yet she looked beautiful to me. My princess in the rags.

I got alarmed as she stirred and her eyes fluttered open. Immediately worry and fear plastered on her face as an involuntary gasp escaped her mouth.

"Nandini", I called hoping that a familiar face may help. She turned and looked at me.

"Manik...."

"Where are we Manik. How are we here...oh god what's going to happen. Manik how did we land here", and she kept babbling all along as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Nandini calm down..... Relax...", but she hardly paid any heed to my talks.

"NANDINI!", and this time it caught her attention as she stopped and stared at me.

"You're not alone here okay.. I am with you and I promise that I won't let anything happen to you. I am going to get us out of here and for that I need you help. Okay....?", the words sank as she nodded her head in a yes.

"I need you to be calm. I can't figure a way out unless I think."

"Okay..", she replied inaudibly and I sighed turning my gaze through the room searching for escapes. The iron door appeared the only way out until my gaze shifted up and I noticed the ventilation hole guarded by a thin net. Bingo. That's our way out.

But it was on the roof and it was too high to reach. We would be needing a ladder or something but before that I need to open my hands. Nandini had stayed silent all throughout and she kept staring at the floor.

"Got a pin?", I asked.

My sudden request startled her but then she responded after a few seconds.

"Yes, I have", and then she struggled to get one pin out of her hairs. I shifted towards her to take the pin from her fingers to mine.

I turned and shifted my body to rest on my right knee so that I could get the pin into the lock. It was uncomfortable but I tried to focus in the job.

"You can pick locks?", Nandini asked astonished and I smirked at her.

"My cousin taught it to me when I was nine.", I replied proudly.

"What's your age now?"

"Nineteen why?", I asked knitting my brows to concentrate further.

"And in this ten long years you had any history of lock picking?", she asked.

"Nope", I replied truthfully.

"Then you may settle back as I hardly believe you remember anything about picking locks", she chuckled and I found myself rolling my eyes at her.

After what seemed hours finally I heard a small click and Bammmm my cuffs fell apart freeing my hands

"Waoooooh", she was amused and I turned towards her cuffs to free her.

"Any doubts on my lock picking skills mam?", I asked and she gave one of her gorgeous smile and replied in a flirty tone, " I always knew you would do it."

Soon both of us were on the floor free from our shackles. Nandini rubbed her palms on her wrist marks. And unknowingly my hands reached to caress her wrists. It was a innocent gesture of care but I found her freezing at my touch.

"I'm sorry", I mumbled pulling back immediately.

After a moment of silence she asked,"What's next?".

I moved around the small surrounding. I taped the walls and was assured there was no breaking out through them. Next I reached the iron door. It was thick and there was no place of lock picking. It had some other advanced locking techniques. And at last my gaze settled on the roof of the room. I spared a glance at Nandini estimating her probable height and then adding it with my own. We together can reach the top.

I kneeled in front of her and held my palms open. She moved back a little at my abrupt position and I chuckled. There was a gush of emotions in her face ranging from fear mirth to uncertainty all flooding at once.

"You trust me right?", I asked

"Yes", she replied quietly.

"Then take of your flats and kindly step on my hands so that I can lift you up in my shoulders.", I said hoping she would obey my words.

"No way am I going to do it honey...", she replied raising her hands in denial.

"So you don't trust me.", I faked my hurt so well that I myself was impressed. I am quite eligible for the Oscars.

And it worked. She took off her shoes and held my shoulders as she placed her right feet on my palms and after a while round of screaming pulling falling cursing and kicking she finally settled on my shoulders.

I held on to her legs as she dangled dangerously on my shoulders. Thank god she was a light weight.

I was crouched on the floor and I was yet to get up on my feet to contribute my whole height.

"Ready", I asked.

"Ye-ess-h....", she stammered flying numerable prayers to save her this one time.

I buckled up and then I shot up at once standing upright.

"MANIK!!!", she shouted as her head bumped with the lid opening it without any further movements.

"Sorry", I laughed and with a final push out she went. She dragged herself out and once out of the room she ducked her head through the hole.

"How are you coming out?"

"Search for a rope or something.... Look around..", I directed and she was gone.

I waited for her but there was no sign of her and I thought maybe she dumped me here.

Just then the red pipe of the fire hose lowered down as her small head popped again.

"Climb up gorilla", she invited.

"As you wish monkey...", I played back and she gave me *shut-up-dear* look.

I efficiently climbed by the rope. God forbid I never missed my gym classes.

After I wriggled out and found myself standing in the corridor of some disposed building. Here too on both sides stood vacant cells. Like the ones we were in. But here there were no doors just iron rods, that we find in the central jail.

"Let's get the hell out of here", I whispered as I pulled Nandini up. She curled her fingers around mine holding onto them. And off we ran through the hall.

We were sprinting by the endless passage when suddenly Nandini halted.

"Rahul!", she muttered freeing her hands from mine.

"What? Nandini we need to leave before anyone crosses our way...", but she walked up to a cell on our left. I followed her eyes and there at the corner I recognised the black tee shirt boy with the ragged jeans.

Rahul.

"Rahul", Nandini spoke nearing to the rods. The figure moved gently.

"Nandu?? It this you?", his deep voice was clearly audible.

"Yes yes its me", she was enthralled to see him as she rushed and shaked the rods. A few tears escaped her eyes.

"Nandini get a grip. You will draw attention..... Calm down.", I patted her trying to get her away from the rods.

"Get away from her you bastard. Don't you dare to hurt her Manik...", he growled and struggled at his restraints.

Now what's going on.... But before I could explain myself, the speakers of the hall blasted freezing all three of us.

"Don't blame him, dear brother. I only wanted to hurt you and Nandini. Manik just got into the wrong place at the wrong time. Poor kid."

And I could almost hear her evil grin that she gave.

But what stung more was that the voice was oddly familiar.

And suddenly it struck. She addressed Rahul by brother.

It was Alya.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

218K 18.5K 47
Nandini a very simple girl who had undeniable believe on God and follows every rule that she'd made and her parents made for her. She is upper middle...
113K 6.9K 24
This story begins from the point of Musicana night where Manik breaks Nandini's heart breaking himself in the process. What will happen next? Will Na...
77.5K 4K 8
You can't say which love story will get a happily ever after and which won't. So, don't afraid to fall in love. May be you will get your own share of...
177K 5.1K 12
There is always a fine line for a thought process before making the ultimate decision. But what if it becomes too hazy and you end up crossing it? **...