Chapter 7

MANIK

I held her tiny fingers and tried to remove her clutch from my shirt. She may be little but her hold on me was strong.

I uncurled her fingers with a little more force and the next second her eyes shot open looking with a puzzled face at me.

Our heads almost touching, and our faces just centimeters away, she clutching my shirt and I holding her hands..... In a dark empty room with a dim blue light adding to the impossible romance that I would love to happen.

I pretty understood what the thought flashed in her head as she shrieked and moved back pushing me back as I stumbled.

I think if I have all my body parts with me while I will be leaving college after four years, I will be blessed.

"What are you doing in my room", was her first question.

"You fell unconscious in the hallway and I happened to notice you while passing by..... So I kind of thought of bringing you to your room.", I tried to explain.

"Did Rahul see you bringing me in?", she asked.

Oh my God!!

Girls have some cell or magnet in their body which attracts them to bad boys or what.....

I saved her almost risking another encounter with that beast Rahul and all this girl is worried about is whether she was seen with me or not by her boy friend.

"I don't think. I wouldn't be breathing still if your boyfriend would have spotted us", I replied curtly...

Well am not the sweet guy always.

She clearly noticed the change.

"Am sorry for making you land in trouble with me and thank you a lot for bringing me to my room..... Most of the guys wouldn't even bare a glance if they would have found me there...", she spoke and I could sense her pain.

Guess being the star girlfriend is not that awesome as it sounds.

"Yeah I know am an idiot. Or else why the hell am I going to help Rahul's girl", I chuckled but I noticed her flinch to Rahul's name.

"Yes....", I easily spotted her teary eyes.

I went by her side and after a moments hesitation I placed my hand on her shoulder," Hey. Don't cry"

And as if a reaction to don't cry her eyes started to overflow leaving me in a fix.

I never had handled girls except my little sisters who could be easily cheered up with a chocolate or so.

I don't think the same thing is going to work for Nandini.

I helplessly wrapped my arms around her as she cuddled back into me and sobbed against my chest.

Her tears wetted my shirt as I rubbed her back to calm her down.

Dhruv is probably having a series of mini attacks as I have been in Nandini's room for long.

"Nandini.... Stop crying. Just tell me what happened and we will solve it.... Come on don't cry like this.", I attempted to deal with her.

Her cries intensified but she started talking.

"He keeps hurting me always...", she complained in between her sobs.

I know who he is.

"Then why are you letting him hurt.", I asked and she pulled back to look at me.

I used my fingers to rub away her tears. "Don't let him hurt you.", I repeated.

"What do you mean?", she asked sniffing.

Hush! She had at least stopped crying.

I learnt a new thing about me today... I hated girls crying in front of me.

"Leave him. Don't give him the power to hurt you. You deserve better", I replied.

She sighed as she lowered her gaze.

"I want to. But I can't.", she said in a low voice.

"Why?", I asked.

"Because I love him"

And it was like my heart exploded.

All the time I thought or rather believed that there is something else to this. She with the bad boy and all.
May be circumstances made her to be with her as I read in several novels.

Good girls staying with the bad boys because of secrets, money, and so many other reasons.

But love was a tough thing to stick with.

I remained silent and the silence should have been awkward but it wasn't. It was meaningful and understanding.

"Guess I can't say anything above that. Hope you guys find your way out.", I broke the silence and stood up from her bed.

"Thanks for listening", she spoke looking at me and then extended her hand.

I eyed her hand and then stared into her creamy eyes

I joined my hands with her and she squeaked," Friends....."

I gave a weak smile and passed a nod.

"Friends.", I confirmed and she gave one of her mind blasting smiles and I knew I am going to fall hard for her.

"Nandini?", came a deep male voice from out of the door and the knob turned opening the door.

It was Rahul.