Against all odds: An Olicity...

By Oncer993

An #Olicity fanfic that takes place towards the end of Season 3. Oliver is in training to become the new demo... More

Background information
1. He's someone else, he's something else
2. Unbelievable
3. The art of convincing
4. Derailed
5. An unexpected surprise
6 (part 1). We can be heroes
6 (part 2). We can be heroes
7. Next to me
8. This new life
9. Fear, family & doubts
Author's Notes!
11. Family time
12. Straight outta retirement
13. Team Arrow + Team Flash
14. Girl Talk
15. Haunted
16. A name fit for a Queen
17. Mum's the word
18. Sisterly advice
19. I'm here
20. You can't bury pain
Author's notes!
21. Bloodlust
22. We'll figure this out together
23. Tempers flare + baby scare
24. Just can't escape this life
25. You should be a Queen, too
26. Welcome home Olivia
27. Normal
28. The end
Epilogue

10. And Baby makes three

2.1K 48 4
By Oncer993

Felicity scanned her closet for the perfect outfit to wear to work. After giving it some consideration and Oliver being more than supportive, she decided to become the new owner and CEO after all. Ray left big shoes to fill, but if anyone could try, it'd be Felicity. Ray was counting on her too. Not literally though since he was dead.

"Is it really that hard to decide?" Oliver teased as he walked up beside her.

"Yes! I'm not just the Vice President anymore...this is huge, Oliver. Pretty soon I'll be too." She mumbled the last part.

"No you won't, and even if you are, I won't care." Oliver reassured her.

"Yeah you say that now." She bumped his arm playfully; she was too short to bump their shoulders together.

"How about this?" Oliver held up a light pink long-sleeve blouse. It was the shirt she wore the very first they had met. Well, the first time they spoke to one another. Oliver had seen Felicity before that, but of course he never brought it up.

"You remembered?"

"Yes. Wear it," He handed it to her.

"Oliver, I'm touched, seriously, but I don't think that says CEO." She smiled and placed it back in the closet.

"I need to go shopping. None of these outfits are going to work..." She complained.

In front of her were beautiful, yet slightly form-fitting dresses and skirts. They were fine with she worked in the I.T. department and briefly as Oliver's assistant, but being the CEO was on a different level.

She sighed as she tried to find something else. Her eyes landed on a solid red dress that would do the job. It wasn't too tight not was it too grandma-ish.

"This will do," She said and went to change.

She returned to find Oliver waiting in her bedroom.

"What do you think?" She did a little twirl.

Oliver smiled as he looked at her. He was so lucky; he never thought this could be his life. That he'd finally be with Felicity and things would feel so normal.

"You look beautiful, but I think you look great in anything."

"Aww...you're getting all soft on me." She said with pride.

"Only for you," He laughed.

"Well there will be no heels for me. These flats will have to work, but they are kinda cute." She thought out loud as she slipped them on.

...

"Here's your lunch and water." Oliver handed her a lunch box as she prepared to slip out the door.

"I'll never get tired of your house-wife side." She laughed as she stood on her tip-toes to kiss him.

"House-husband," He corrected once their kiss ended.

"Okay, fine."

"Don't be late to you know what, okay?" She said turning serious for a moment.

"I won't." He assured her.

Felicity would only be doing a half-day at work and at 1 P.M. they'd be going to the doctor. They'd get confirmation on whether they were expecting or not. Oliver was nervous about the whole ordeal, but maintained a brave face for Felicity. Felicity was just as anxious as he was though, if not more.

...

Felicity took a deep breath as she went to speak in front of the employees of Palmer Tech. There were whispers, hushed conversations and a few judgmental looks as she made her way up to the microphone in the conference room. E-mails had been sent out and phone calls had been made to give them all a brief overview of the sudden changes, but Felicity wanted to talk to them all directly.

With the conference room being but so big though, the speech was being streamed throughout the building.

She cleared her throat.

"Here we go...Miss CEO," she whispered to herself.

"Hello and good morning to you all. I am Felicity Smoak. I know you all have seen my face around here before, but still I felt the need to properly introduce myself. I'm honored to stand here in front of you as the new CEO + owner of Palmer Tech, yet the reason behind it saddens me.

As many of you know, there was an incident that claimed the life of Ray Palmer. He'll be missed terribly by me and this company. I could never replace him, but I do care about this company. I promise to do my best to take us forward and to make you all proud. If you have any questions feel free to stop by my office."

Felicity gave a final head nod and smile before leaving. Her personal reasons weren't the only cause of the half-day. Construction was still underway on the first floor and it just didn't feel right to have everyone work while they were probably mourning too. Truth be told, she couldn't survive a full day here either.

She had just placed her lunch in her mini refrigerator when she heard a tap on her door.

"Please come in," She called at as she took a seat at her desk.

It was Mr. Ross. He had some paperwork for her to fill out.

"Hello again, Ms. Smoak. That was a very touching speech." He complimented.

"Thank you," She replied as she took the papers, read over them and then placed her signature in the appropriate places.

"This is where I say congratulations and good luck. If you have any questions, here's my card." He shook her hand after he placed the business card in front of her.

"Thank you, again," She replied.

Once James had left, Felicity glanced at the time. It was only 9:30; she still had two and a half more hours to go.

She pulled her eyes away from her watch and set out to read her e-mails. She had a lot to get through.

...

Felicity and Oliver had just arrived at Staring City General. He had literally parked his motorcycle seconds after she arrived.

"We could have rode together you know," He reached for her hand as they headed inside.

"Next time," she replied.

"I'm nervous and scared." She whispered.

He gave her hand a gentle, yet reassuring squeeze.

"I'm right here. You're not alone in this."

"Okay, you're right." She tried to allow his words to soothe her worried mind.

"Felicity Smoak." She said once they got to the front desk.

"Ah, yes. Have a seat and someone will call you shortly." The woman behind the desk told her.

Oliver guided her to two seats in the corner of the waiting area.

"Do I mention the super virus thing?" Felicity said as she flipped through one of the magazines.

Oliver gave her a strange look from the corner of his eyes.

"Why would you do that?" He said in a low voice.

"Well you kinda released it on us..."

"I--"

"I know technically Ra's did, but you know."

"You had the skin graft. You were protected." He sighed. He didn't want to constantly be reminded of his sins. He'd be a fool to think they'd be swept under the rug, but still it just made him feel guilty all over again.

"I'm sorry Oliver. This isn't me trying to hurt you." Felicity noticed the pained look on his face.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. I did this. I could have hurt you and our...our.."

"Baby." Felicity said for him. "You can say it, it won't kill you." Felicity placed her hand over his.

"You didn't know." She tried to cheer him up.

"I should have looked for an alternative. Even if you weren't...pregnant, I still put you and everyone I care about at risk."

"Your hands were tied, Oliver. You did the best you could."

"Felicity Smoak?" A woman in scrubs and a clipboard called her name.

"Right here," Felicity stood up and walked over to her.

Oliver slowly got up and followed them down a long hallway.

"We just need you to fill out some paperwork, but you can do that while you wait. I'll come back and we can get started, okay?" The nurse held the door open for them.

"Okay," Felicity took the clipboard and began to fill out the forms.

She was just about done when the nurse returned.

"Here you go," Felicity announced once she was complete.

"Thank you." The nurse placed it on a nearby table.

"I am Nurse Owens. I understand that you here to confirm your pregnancy."

"Yeah,"

"We'll we can definitely help you out with that. I'll get you a cup and then you both should know for sure."

Felicity nodded her head.

Nurse Owens gave her a cup and directed her to the bathroom across the hall; the nurse and Oliver were left alone.

"So how are we feeling?" She asked.

Oliver looked over at her. He was on pins and needles, but he didn't feel comfortable sharing that with a stranger.

"I'm alright," He said with as much confidence as he could muster.

"First baby?" The nurse tried to ease the awkward silence.

Oliver wasn't sure how he could answer that, but he settled on saying yes.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll both be fine." She smiled.

Felicity returned to the room and Oliver was grateful to see her.

She awkwardly handed the cup to the nurse who left to go run the test.

"At least we're alone now," Felicity joked.

"Mhmm," Oliver nodded.

"You okay? I'm sorry about earlier."

"Don't be. I'm fine."

"Oliver, please, you don't look fine. I mean you do, but not like that...you look like you're a million miles away."

"Felicity, I'm okay. Alright? I'm fine."

"Are you fine or okay? Now I'm confused. Well I'm not alright. I'm, God, so nervous..."

"Whatever happens, it'll all be okay." Oliver pushed aside his troubled thoughts.

"I just never thought I'd be a mom. I guess I want kids...It just didn't cross my mind. Sara is adorable though. Do you think we could practice with her?" Felicity began her verbal diarrhea.

Oliver couldn't help but to smile. She was still cute even while running her mouth a mile a minute.

"Hey," He leaned over and kissed her, which caused her to stop talking.

"Is that your way of nicely telling me to shut up?" The corner of her lips curled into a smile.

"Maybe," He replied with a smirk.

"Want to tell me to shut up again?" She whispered.

"I don't know if that's appropriate, Felicity..." He laughed.

They were both laughing when the nurse returned and then they were quiet.

"Oh no, don't stop on my account." Nurse Owens smiled.

"I have your results. Are we ready?"

"As ready as we'll ever be." Felicity answered for the both of them.

"How about we let you do it?" She handed the folded piece of paper to Oliver.

He looked at it cautiously.

"Me?" He asked feeling unsure of himself.

"Yes, you,"

"Go on," Felicity encouraged him.

Oliver exhaled and took it from the nurse's hands.

He steadied his hands as he unfolded it and read.

"Well?" Felicity said.

"Yes, don't leave us hanging." Nurse Owens added jokingly.

"We're gonna be parents, Felicity." He said in disbelief.

Oliver knew that it was possible. He was even kinda hopeful, yet in that moment he was terrified.

"Oh, wow, let me see." She took the paper from his hands.

"I can hardly believe this," she whispered. "I mean I knew, but this is real."

"Congratulations." Nurse Owens smiled at them.

The doctor's visit didn't end there. Felicity was asked a lot of questions about estimated date of conception, any medicine she had been taken, illnesses, family's medical history on both sides, etc.

Felicity mentioned the super virus incident, much to Oliver's disapproval.

"I don't think I was exposed, but still it could be possible right? Would the baby be okay?" Felicity avoided looking at Oliver.

"Well thanks to our masked friends, they did a pretty good job at containing it. You don't feel any differently do you?"

"No. I feel fine I guess. I was just worried." Felicity said quickly.

"We can take a sample of your blood and run some tests if you'd like." Nurse Owens smiled.

"I would like that very much. Well not the needle, but at least I won't be worried anymore." Felicity laughed nervously.

She prepped her arm and drew some blood from Felicity's veins.

"Okay we should have the results within a week's time. In the meantime, please read over the pamphlets I gave you both. Take your vitamins, don't stress and we will see you in about two weeks." Nurse Owens said before leaving the room.

Oliver was next to stand up.

"Please don't be mad. I didn't out you, and it was a perfectly valid question." Felicity whispered as they walked down the hall. Thankfully it was just the two of them.

"I'm not mad. I'm glad you asked." He whispered back.

"You are?"

"Yes. It'll ease both our minds." He gave her a small smile.

"Okay, good." She nodded her head.

They left headed towards the parking garage.

"I can get my bike later; let's just take your car back home." Oliver said as he took her keys and opened her door for her.

"Did you just call my place home? Oliver...you're adorable." She reached out and pinched his cheek.

"You're embarrassing me," He shook his head as he shut the door after she got inside.

He got behind the wheel and started the engine.

"Could we stop and get something to eat first? Not that I hate your cooking or anything, but I really want pizza right now. You can't make pizza, can you?"

"I could try, but I'll save that for another time."

"Oliver Queen doesn't try; He gets it done. Isn't that right baby?" Felicity patted her still-flat stomach as she spoke in a baby-voice.

"I seriously can't believe this is happening. I'm going to be someone's mom!" Felicity smiled.

She was still a little on edge about the news, but her excitement outweighed her fear. She was going to be a mom; the best mom she could be.

As Oliver looked at Felicity, talking to her stomach with such ease and joy, it calmed him down. Just like he had told Felicity, he wasn't alone either. They'd be tackling this journey together.

"I love you," He said without taking his eyes off the road.

"I love you too, Daddy Oliver." Felicity said, still speaking in her baby voice.

She went back to babbling to their growing offspring as Oliver headed to the restaurant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 1.4K 79
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) When Oliver Queen and the Vigilante need help, they go to the best IT specialist in Starling City. She just doesn't know th...
135K 2.9K 16
Oliver Queen, billionaire playboy and future heir to Queen Consolidated. That's what the public thought of him. Then he joined the army and disappear...
59.7K 1.9K 40
This story is a fan fiction of my OTP Olicity from Arrow. ALL THE RIGHTS TO THE NETWORK CW Everything is just like the TV show until 3x01 except Sar...
23K 334 23
My version of Arrow Season 3. Six months have passed since Slade Wilson's defeat. Oliver Queen continues to fight crime as the Arrow while trying to...