Asher's Heart

By rhxpsodicxlly

Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It su... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue
Acknowledgments | Character Interview
Update
Extra #1
Extra #2
Cast

Chapter 14

40.6K 1.5K 182
By rhxpsodicxlly

"I can't go," I told Brooke as we made our way back from the game in her car.

"Why not?" she asked frowning.

"I am still grounded remember?" I said.

"For one moment there I thought you really can't go," she said in a tone that sounded far more relieved for the problem was still not solved.

"Brooke grounded means I can't go," I said. Although I doubted it was like that in my case as my dad knows nothing about grounding. In fact, it was the first time he ever grounded me. For eternity. But I had to get the point across.

She looked at me sideways and smirked. "Not when I am concerned. No, it doesn't," when she was saying this she kept her eyes on me and I was shitty myself thinking she would run into some pole or worst a car.

"Eyes on the road," I almost yelled.

She rolled her eyes but looked ahead.

She screamed and the car lurched.

"What?" I looked frantically around. My heart was literally in my throat.

She was going to kill us both. Oh no oh no oh no.

I was going to die. I didn't want to die. I have to do so much in life.

You don't even know what you want to do in your life. My conscience threw at me.

Oh, shut up!

"Alright alright," Brooke said snickering.

I was so engrossed about thinking about dying and not knowing what to do with my life I didn't realize Brooke was laughing her ass off.

That bitch!

"If you were immortal I would have killed you several times," I said scowling at her.

"If I were immortal you wouldn't be able to kill me," she said.

"Exactly."

She chuckled shaking her head.

"I really thought we were going to crash," I said feeling my heart calming down. She just gave me a mini heart attack.

"Not when I am behind the wheel. I'm a pro you know," she boasted.

"Yeah Yeah."

****

We got ready at my place. Brooke wore a short lace navy blue dress with silver sequin accents. She curled her black hair and put on some makeup. Her tan skin glowed and she wore black heels.

I went for a maroon blouse with a black skirt and black ankle length boots. After I put on my makeup and did my hair Brooke and I stood in front of the mirror.

"We look so hot!" Brooke gushed.

"I would totally hit on us," I said.

She took out her phone and we clicked a selfie.

"Now step two," she said.

I looked at her in confusion.

"What step two?" I wasn't sure I liked her mischievous expression.

"Is your dad home?" she asked.

"I guess," I said.

She walked towards the door and turned. She put her hands on her hips. "I am going to sneak you out," she said.

"Brook-" I started to say but she cut me off.

"You just watch," she said and went out.

I sighed. There was no need.

"You coming?" she called.

"Yeah," I said and picked up my clutch.

We made our way downstairs like spies. Going about like ninjas. Ninjas in dresses. Without making a single noise.

"It's easier than I thought," Brooke whispered grinning widely.

Even if we did make noise I doubted my dad would hear or bother.

We sneaked past the hallway near living room where my dad was working on his laptop then picked up his phone.

"Go go," Brooke prodded me. We were nearly there. The house was eerily silent.

Just as we were about to turn the knob of the front door a sound made us jump.

Shit!

Brooke and I shared a horrified look.

It was my phone. A text. I took it out of my clutch to check.

"What are you doing? Let's go!" Brooke whispered snappily at me.

"Fine!"

A clearing of a throat made us freeze on our spots.

Oops!

We both had expressions of a deer caught in a headlight.

"Going somewhere?" my dad asked. He was leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

I started to speak but Brooke beat me to it.

"Mr. Anderson! It's so nice to meet you," Brooke said with a girly giggle.

My dad raised an eyebrow.

"You too Brooke," he said.

"Can I ask you girls, where are you going at this time and wearing that," he said.

I opened my mouth to tell him we were going next door but Brooke made an excuse. A hell of a stupid excuse.

"Um... we are going for a group study. I know Ellie is grounded but it's for education. Sure you won't let any unnecessary punishment come in the way," she said in one breath.

I mentally facepalmed. That was the worst ever excuse I have heard in all my lives. Next time I would do the talking and she would keep her cake hole shut.

He was totally not buying it. Who would?

"Is that so?" he asked.

Brooke suddenly found her heels the most interesting thing. "Shit," she muttered under her breath. At least she realized her excuse was the mother of dumb excuses.

"Of course I would never let any unnecessary punishment come in the way," he said.

Brooke looked up hopefully.

I was not the least hopeful. Only if she would have let me do the talking we would have been dancing right now.

"That's right," she said.

"Of party," my dad completed.

Brooke looked like something hit her in the face. She could not believe she messed up. The color drained from her face.

"I-It's not like that. We were... we're," she clamped her mouth shut.

"I must say parties are immensely educational. They educate you on so many levels," he said, amusement dancing in his eyes.

Brooke was turning red with embarrassment. She was wringing her fingers.

"Dad, stop messing with her," I said.

He held up both his hands -palms up- in surrender.

"Killjoy," he grumbled.

Brooke looked up in horror. She opened her mouth to say something then closed it.

"Sorry Brookie boo," he said but I doubted he felt a bit of it as he was laughing. Brooke didn't like that nickname one bit. She said it made her feel like a four-year-old.

Then he looked at me, narrowed his eyes. "Don't be out late," he said and went inside the room.

I rolled my eyes.

Brooke was still looking where he was standing a few moments ago.

"Let's go," I said.

When we were on the road -of course, we walked. It's like ten steps- Brooke asked me who the hell texted me at the worst time.

I checked my phone and chuckled.

"Who was it?" she asked impatiently.

I showed her the message.

"I can't believe it," she said incredulously.

I could totally believe it. He was the only one who could think of that. It was my dad. He sent me an emoji with its tongue out with a wink. And a message - Have fun.

"Your dad is really something," Brooke said shaking her head.

"Tell me about it," I said but I was grinning.

****

Cars were lined up a long way on both sides of the mansion. And we could hear the loud music just as we left my house. We entered the big gate without any identity check. It wasn't an invitation-only party so the guard let everyone in. I wouldn't need any invitation as Tim knows me. He smiled as we walked through.

Some of the kids were hanging out on the lawn and by hanging out I meant exactly what you're thinking.

"I never went to Asher's party before. I am so excited!" Brooke said.

"You went to Ashton's parties a lot of times and this is his party too so I don't think it will be any different this time," I said.

"But it's Asher!"

I rolled my eyes.

"You know I still can't believe you didn't connect the dots," I said.

"I did. You just happen to tell me they were brothers before the dots connected," she said.

I snorted.

"That doesn't even make sense," I said.

Ashton greeted us at the door. He whistled lowly. "Someone's looking hot," he said to us.

And I did the only thing that was expected of me. I blushed. Why can't you come up with a good reply for once?

Surprisingly Brooke was blushing too. I had counted on her for a good response. She was usually good at those.

I guess it wasn't our fault. Any girl would be speechless before him today. He was looking drool worthy wearing a pair of black jeans and black button-up shirt with the top three buttons left open. His hair was styled differently than usual. It was halfway between elegant and messy.

When Brooke didn't show any sign of speaking and gaped at him. I spoke a lame response. "You don't look so bad yourself," I said and cringed internally. Really? That's the best you've got?

He grinned and ushered us in. He told us what was kept where and went off to other guests.

"Enjoy girls," he called.

I made a face. I had hoped he would stay longer.

Brooke cursed under her breath but I caught it with the movement of her lips. We made our way to the kitchen where drinks were kept and took two cups.

"I made a total fool of myself," she grumbled as we sat on the counter. There weren't many people here. Just the occasional refrigerator pirates. Most people were dancing or hanging out by the pool.

I couldn't agree more but I didn't say anything because when you don't have anything nice to say you don't say anything. I usually stick to that proverb in times like these.

"He must think I am some crazy fangirl who only opens her mouth to either scream or cry," she whined.

Wait a second.

Did she?

She did. I nodded to the thought inside my head.

"He wasn't Asher, Brooke. Relax," I tried to bring her out of her misery.

"You don't know that. They look the same to me," she said slumping on the counter.

"Cheer up! I would know who is who in my sleep and that nice guy you met there wasn't Asher," I said. I was already on my second drink. I didn't have to drive or anything so I could drink as much as I wanted.

I had expected a happy relief or a laugh at her own stupidity from Brooke but not this.

She glared at me.

"What did you say?" she asked daring me to say any shit about Asher.

I laughed nervously. I didn't have a death wish.

"Absolutely nothing," I shook my head.

"That's what I thought," she said.

Brooke could be so scary sometimes. I wonder how Dave puts up with her. Sure she wasn't any different with him but what did I know? From what I had seen she acted like a lovesick puppy when she talked to him.

"I am gonna dance," she said and stood up.

"Wait up," I said and followed her to the hallway after finishing my third cup.

We danced like crazy showing off our new moves. After dancing for six or more -I wasn't really counting-songs continuously my feet hurt and I needed to use the washroom.

I made my way to the hallway beside the kitchen and towards the bathroom. People were making out against the walls and I had to dodge at least five couples.

I twisted the knob of the bathroom and opened the door. I entered the room and yelped in surprise. Two people were in the middle of doing it in the bathroom. I rushed out of there and slammed the door behind me.

My eyes. They burn!

At least have the decency to lock the door if you're gonna do it in the bathroom, I wanted to scream at them.

My now aching bladder reminded me I really need to use the bathroom. This one wasn't going to be free anytime soon so I made my way upstairs.

I thanked heavens for this floor to be deserted. It was dark here without any lights on. After finishing what I wanted to I started going downstairs to enjoy some more. But my eyes caught something at the end of the hallway. So, instead of going downstairs I started towards the balcony. The sliding glass doors were closed but I was pretty sure there was someone there. I could see a silhouette leaning against the railing.

As I neared the balcony I could make out the features of the silhouette. And I realized that I hadn't seen him at the party at all.

📚📚📚📚
Hello, awesome people!!!
Do you like it? Yes?😁 No? 😢
Vote and comment!
I would really like to know if the story is going on fine or if I should so something differently. Comment your thoughts about the characters. Which one is your favorite?😍 Who you hate? 😕
Bye!
-K

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 321 20
Lana Monroe and Asher Reed fell in love on stage. They both go to a school for performing arts and fell in love the summer before their freshman year...
12.8K 873 17
She'd die for love. He didn't believe in love. *** From reading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood, to watching 10 Things I Hate About You, to list...
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
3.3M 109K 42
Bad boys/ players. I hate them, they think they can just walk around and get any girl they want. Well hello, not every single fucken girl...