Destiny Keeps Getting In The...

By xdesi-galx

More

Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way (Sequel to Kidnapped)
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 2
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 3
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 4
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 5
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 6
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 7
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 8
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 9
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 10
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 12
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 13
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Wat- Chapter 14-16
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Wat- Chapter 17-20
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapters 21-30
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- 31-42
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Waay- 43
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- 44 and 45
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 46
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 47 & 48
Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Ending!

Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 11

1K 13 1
By xdesi-galx

Chapter 11

[Melinda's Point of View]

I was extremely embarrassed but I also didn't want him to think I was with Peter.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry." Nathan apologized.

"It's all right, I'm not ashamed of it." I said. "Embarrassed yes, but not ashamed of it."

He chuckles. "I shouldn't have brought this up... but what he said yesterday..."

"It's not date. It's his first day as a chef and he wanted me to be there. I agreed as a friend to be there for him. There's nothing going on between him and I. So you're not dating... Mackenzie?"

He chuckles. "No, she's not my type. I prefer skater girls."

He and I laughed at this. "I haven't skate boarded... in years." Ever since I got into the arranged marriage.

"Why not?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It didn't seem to matter. Nothing mattered." I said in a small voice.

"I never really meant to hurt you Melinda, I really thought I was doing you a favor."

My eyes glistened. "A favor?" My voice was almost squeaky. "You really thought you were doing me a favor?" I had to laugh bitterly.

I picked up my tray no longer hungry.

"Um... I still need time to think, Nathan... Um... yeah." I walked away leaving him dumbfounded.

At the end of my shift I took the long way out of the hospital so I could avoid Nathan. I still had three hours before going to the restaurant.

'I really thought I was doing you a favor' Those words played over and over in my head.

I just couldn't believe he said that. I know it was hard for him, I understand but he needs to quit making himself the victim and stop making me the villain in this story just because I won't forgive easily.

After I showered I went to my closet and found the perfect dress. It was white strapless dress that had a black belt around the waist. It reached my knees and it was a pretty dress. I straighten my hair and curled it but ran my fingers through it so it would look like waves.

http://www.polyvore.com/date/set?id=10384945

I applied my make up and slipped on the dress. I found some shoes and slipped them on as well.

I had an hour left when I was done. I decided to call my friends.

Rodrigo answered after three rings.

"Hey. Chica, por que no llamas mas amenudo?" He asked. (Why don't you call more often?)

"Cause I'm busy delivering babies." I answered.

"It's so good to hear from you, Mels. Have you seen... you-know-who?"

"This isn't Harry Potter Rodrigo you can say his name... and yeah I've seen him."

"It must be hard to seem him in a coma."

I was silent for a second thinking of the lunch I had with him.

"Yeah sure." It wasn't in my place to tell everyone about his health. "Where are you?"

"Actually..." He sounded nervous. "I'm on a date, we're bowling."

"Oh, shit, I shouldn't have bothered I have to go anyway."

"Isn't it only nine over there?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's Pete's first day as a chef here in London." I said.

"Peter's over there?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Hmm, ok."

"Well talk to you later, bud."

"Laters." We hung up.

Not wasting anymore time I called a cab.

When I arrived at the restaurant I found out Peter had reserved me a table. I sat on a table for two.

"You look stunning." Peter's voice said.

I looked over and saw him in his chef uniform. I chuckled.

"Wow, that hat totally suits your personality." I laughed.

He pouts. "I think it makes me look hotter, do you agree?"

"I agree." I was still laughing.

"You're a meanie, did you know that?"

"I hear that from time to time."

"What will you be having tonight, ma'am?" He changed his tone to a serious one. "You have the most exquisite privilege of me having you to serve this evening." He bowed his head.

"Why thank you kind sir, I believe I will have Chicken with alfredo."

"Will that be all?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Yes, that would be all."

"Coming right up!" He smiled and left to the kitchen.

I looked around the restaurant. It was a busy one.

"Melinda, right?" I looked up at the sound of my name. It was Mackenzie.

"Yeah, hi." I said.

"What a coincidence that we find each other like this. Are you here with someone, too?"

"No, I'm by myself tonight."

She gave me a sympathetic smile that I knew was fake.

"Table is ready." Nathan's voice was like getting splashed with a bucket of cold water. He looked at me and his eyes widen. "This is... Peter's restaurant?" He put the pieces together fast.

I nodded.

"Oh."

It was too awkward.

"You two on a date?"

"Yes!"

"No."

Nathan answered no and Mackenzie yes. I felt a little bad for putting Nathan on the spot.

"Okay... have a good dinner then."

"I can explai--"

"No need, Nathan you're here on a date with Mackenzie. I'm sure you'll be very happy."

"Join us." Nathan said.

"What?" Mackenzie and I said at the same time.

"You're here alone, you shouldn't be. It doesn't look right when a lady eats alone."

"Um, no thank you. I don't want to be the third wheel."

"You heard her, Nathan." Mackenzie pulled his arm.

"She's not going to be alone." Peter saved me from something so awkward that I could kiss him. He sat down across from me. "She'll be with me. You can rest assure she'll be all right, Nathan."

Nathan glares at Peter and walks away with Mackenzie in his arm.

Peter puts his hand over mine.

"Are you okay?" I didn't move my hand.

"Yeah. What a liar. He told me he wasn't with her."

"Maybe he was trying to protect you. Spare your feelings."

His words were harsh, but I didn't think he knew that.

"I'm not a child. I don't need or want his fucking protection!" I hissed lowly.

[Nathan's Point of View]

I couldn't help but look over to Melinda and Peter. He had his hand over hers and she wasn't pulling back.

I promised this date to Mackenzie long ago. It didn't mean anything to me. I could care less about her, the one I wanted was with my ex-best mate.

Then I heard her laugh. It wasn't the kind where she was pretending to be laughing at something he said to get my attention, it was sincere.

"You really care about her don't you?" Mackenzie said.

I blinked and looked at her.

"She's an old friend."

"Ex-girlfriend, I can tell. I wasn't born yesterday, Nathan."

"We had something but now it seems broken."

"Then you should move on like she clearly has." Her leg goes up and down mine under the table.

I internally cringed and managed to smile.

Mackenzie went back to the menu and I took the chance to look at Melinda again. She was alone. Her eyes met mine and she didn't look away.

This was ridiculous. I should go over there and kiss her.

I know she still loves me, I can tell by the way we stare at each other. She loves me and I love her what else do we need to know?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

569 397 24
Unrequited Love
28.4K 970 25