Destiny Keeps Getting In The Way- Chapter 11

Chapter 11

[Melinda's Point of View]

I was extremely embarrassed but I also didn't want him to think I was with Peter.

"Oh, shit, I'm sorry." Nathan apologized.

"It's all right, I'm not ashamed of it." I said. "Embarrassed yes, but not ashamed of it."

He chuckles. "I shouldn't have brought this up... but what he said yesterday..."

"It's not date. It's his first day as a chef and he wanted me to be there. I agreed as a friend to be there for him. There's nothing going on between him and I. So you're not dating... Mackenzie?"

He chuckles. "No, she's not my type. I prefer skater girls."

He and I laughed at this. "I haven't skate boarded... in years." Ever since I got into the arranged marriage.

"Why not?" He asked.

I shrugged. "It didn't seem to matter. Nothing mattered." I said in a small voice.

"I never really meant to hurt you Melinda, I really thought I was doing you a favor."

My eyes glistened. "A favor?" My voice was almost squeaky. "You really thought you were doing me a favor?" I had to laugh bitterly.

I picked up my tray no longer hungry.

"Um... I still need time to think, Nathan... Um... yeah." I walked away leaving him dumbfounded.

At the end of my shift I took the long way out of the hospital so I could avoid Nathan. I still had three hours before going to the restaurant.

'I really thought I was doing you a favor' Those words played over and over in my head.

I just couldn't believe he said that. I know it was hard for him, I understand but he needs to quit making himself the victim and stop making me the villain in this story just because I won't forgive easily.

After I showered I went to my closet and found the perfect dress. It was white strapless dress that had a black belt around the waist. It reached my knees and it was a pretty dress. I straighten my hair and curled it but ran my fingers through it so it would look like waves.

http://www.polyvore.com/date/set?id=10384945

I applied my make up and slipped on the dress. I found some shoes and slipped them on as well.

I had an hour left when I was done. I decided to call my friends.

Rodrigo answered after three rings.

"Hey. Chica, por que no llamas mas amenudo?" He asked. (Why don't you call more often?)

"Cause I'm busy delivering babies." I answered.

"It's so good to hear from you, Mels. Have you seen... you-know-who?"

"This isn't Harry Potter Rodrigo you can say his name... and yeah I've seen him."

"It must be hard to seem him in a coma."

I was silent for a second thinking of the lunch I had with him.

"Yeah sure." It wasn't in my place to tell everyone about his health. "Where are you?"

"Actually..." He sounded nervous. "I'm on a date, we're bowling."

"Oh, shit, I shouldn't have bothered I have to go anyway."

"Isn't it only nine over there?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's Pete's first day as a chef here in London." I said.

"Peter's over there?" He asked.