Lost Boy ϟ Barry Allen

By margolynnturner

"I love you." "Don't say that." "What, that I love you?" "Yes, stop it!" "Why?" "Because people who say that... More

Chapter One ϟ Fresh Start
Chapter Two ϟ Coffee Feeds Souls
Chapter Three ϟ Maybe Someday
Chapter Four ϟ The House That Used To Be A Home
Chapter Five ϟ Clear Intentions
Chapter Six ϟ Like Father, Like Daughter
Chapter Seven ϟ You Can't Fool Me, Sunflower

Prologue ϟ

2.4K 57 18
By margolynnturner

Prologue ϟ

"Laurel c'mon. We have to get out of here." The young brunette urged, her brown eyes continuously scanning the people in the room watching as they rushed to gather all the files they could.

"I'm coming Bren, just a few more files. Here, hold these." Laurel Lance thrusted a stack of files into her friend's hands before grabbing more from the metal cabinet.

Brennan Merlyn bounced nervously on her feet, watching the lightening scatter across the skies outside, the few people left inside the building hurrying to get out, the mass number of people running through the streets. So many emotions were turning inside the young girls mind.

How could her father do this? This wasn't honoring her mother at all. How could he think that? Leveling the Glades wasn't what Starling City needed.

Just as she finished her thought the room began to shake. "Laurel!" She screamed dropping all the files in her hand, searching for her friend in the dark as the lights vanished.

"Brennan!" The two brunette's grabbed each other as the bookshelves began to fall, the lights cascading from the ceiling, the glass from the window shattering.

"We have to get out of here." Laurel yelled to the other girl, holding the trembling figure against her own.

"C'mon." Brennan grabbed Laurel's hand tugging her in the direction of the door.

"Wait." Laurel tugged back. The younger of the two brunette's whipped her head around to see Laurel snatching a stack of files off the desk.

"Laurel! We don't have time for th--" She didn't get to finish her sentence as the roof above them began to collapse.

"Brennan!" Laurel yelled reaching out for her best friend, a girl that was a sister to her. The older girl didn't make it as a beam fell knocking her into a bookcase and onto the floor where giant chunks of the ceiling tumbled on top of her.

Sat not even a few feet from Lance, Brennan laid unconscious, blood pouring from the gash on her head. A chunk of the ceiling trapped the young girl to the ground along with a beam that had fallen.

Laurel felt the pressure of the boulder on top of her, increasing her fear as she couldn't lift it. Her eyes frantically scanned the room, searching for the brunette locks that belonged to her friend. Just as she was about to give up, she spotted her trapped underneath her own mass of rubble.

"BRENNAN!" She screamed trying to get the girls attention but it was to no avail. Laurel's heart crumble at the thought that she was dead. "No, Bren."

Her sobs increased, tears racing as she tried to push the piece of ceiling off of her. "HELP!" She cried out. "PLEASE! HELP ME!"

A figure ran through the rubble in front of her line of vision. "Tommy!" She cried in relief but also in grief for his sister lied next to them dead.

Tommy Merlyn immediately set to work at lifting the piece of rubble off the love of his life.

"Tommy, what are you doing here?" Laurel questioned as he failed to lift the chunk off of her.

He stopped slightly in his lifting to answer her. "Brennan left me a voicemail, told me the two of you were here. I came as soon as I heard."

The man let out a loud grunt as he again tried to raise the rubble. "You came here for me?"

"I love you." He let out finally gaining success at lifting the chunk off of Laurel. The girl crawled out from underneath it. "Go Laurel, get out!"

"Tommy, wait." Laurel placed a hand on his shoulder as he let go of the rubble. "It's Bren."

"Where is she Laurel?" Tommy questioned, fear pulsing at his mind and eating at his nerves. Laurel quickly came to her senses running to the other brunette that was trapped. Pressing her fingers to the girls neck, Laurel realized she was still alive.

"Tommy, we have to get this off of her!" Laurel yelled pulling beam off of the chunk on top of her best friend.

The oldest Merlyn stared down at his sister, dread pulling at his stomach. "TOMMY!" Laurel yelled, snapping him out of his trance. Bending down the two quickly pulled up on the chunk trapping her. Another rumble came from the building, just as more pieces came falling down and the fires from around them blazed brighter.

The two stared at each other. "Go Laurel! Get out of here!"

She shook her head, trying again to lift the rubble but failing. "LAUREL, GO! WE'LL BE RIGHT BEHIND YOU!"

Laurel glanced down at the younger girl one last time before pressing her lips to the older Merlyn. They broke apart to the groaning of the girl below them.  The two glanced down at the sister seeing her wake up before peeking back at each other. "Go Laurel," Tommy whispered. "We'll be right there."

She nodded with tears streaming down her face.  Moving her feet as fast as she could go, Laurel ran from the building, immediately being embraced by her father.

Tommy once again tried lifting the heavy chunk, only to stop when he heard her voice. "Tommy." It was a small, whisper but it echoed through his ears and into his heart.  Tears sprung to his eyes.

"I'm going to get you out of here Em. Don't worry." Staring straight into her eyes Tommy tried one last time, using all of his strength to get the rubble off of her.

Brennan felt the pressure leave her body for only a slight second.  Her blurry vision didn't stop her mind from knowing this was her chance.  As fast as she could, the young girl scrambled out from underneath the pile of debris ignoring the pain in her body.

Once Tommy knew she was out he let it fall before rushing over to her and wrapping his arms tightly around his sister's body. "Thank God you're okay Em."  He whispered into her hair. Tears falling from his eyes.

Another crash came from the other side of the room alerting the two that this was not the time nor the place to be doing this.  "Come on, we have to get out of here."

Following her brother's orders she stood, only to fall back down.  Sharp pain stabbed at her ankle vibrating up her leg. 

"Tommy, my leg, I-I."  She stumbled on her words pointing to her bleeding limb.  Tommy shook his head. "It's okay. It's okay. Here, grab onto my arm."
Lifting his sister's arm up, he wrapped it around his shoulder pulling her into a standing position. "Don't put any weight on it." She nodded lifting the damaged leg off the floor.They walked towards the exit with their arms around each other.

"We're going to be--" The older brother was cut off as an explosion blew through the building. 

The two siblings were thrown apart once again as rubble tumbled down.  Brennan's vision was cloudy as she opened her eyes.  Dust showered everything. "TOMMY!"  She screamed choking on a sob.

"B."  A quiet voice muttered underneath huge chunks of plaster.

"T." Brennan gasped placing her hand out to lift herself up. Another dose of pain shot up her arm causing her to fall back onto the ground.  Staring down at her palm she noticed it was already turning black and blue. Her ring finger and pinky were cocked at an odd angle. She knew they were broken but now wasn't the time to mull it over.

Holding her broken hand and fingers to her chest she raised her torso up from the ground shuffling over to her brother with her good arm. "Tommy." She mumbled seeing him buried.

"It's okay T. We're getting out." She cried grabbing the plaster chunk and pushing on it. With only one hand, she wasn't getting very far.

Tom let out a sad chuckle. "Not this time Em."

"Tommy, don't say that." She grunted once again trying with one of the pieces that pinned down her brother.

"Em, I--" He was cut off by another person's yell. "TOMMY! BRENNAN!"

"OLLIE!"  Brennan screamed. "We're in here!'

Oliver sprinted into the room to see his two friends in the worst condition.  Brennan's teary hazel eyes stared up at him with hope. "Ollie, you have to help me get this off of him."  She urged pointing to this pieces of the ceiling that were holding him down.

He surged into action pulling them off.  "Tommy, you're going to be fine."

"Another thing," Tommy grunted as Oliver lifted a section of the chunk. "We have to disagree on."

"Tommy, don't--"Brennan words halted as Oliver tossed the last chunk off of Tommy. A rebar stared at the two, sticking out from Tommy's chest.

"Oh God, no. Please no." Brennan cried, a hand going to her lips as she sat horrified.  She couldn't lose him. Not him. Her brother, her savior, her lifeline.

Tommy's breath was labored now and Brennan now realized it wasn't from the ceiling pieces. "Is-is Laurel safe?" He uttered gasping. "I tried to get them both out."

"Yeah, yeah.  You did." Oliver assured him. "You saved her and Brennan's going to be just fine. Just like you." Oliver moved to lift another piece away but Tommy stopped him. 

"Stop."  He urged. Oliver let go of the piece glancing at his friend. "I'm sorry."

Oliver shook his head, his throat closing up as tears came to his eyes.  "No, don't apologize."

"I was angry and I was jealous. I--" He sucked in another breath as more tears flowed from all three of their eyes."I am my father."

Brennan shook her head along with Oliver. "No, Tom Tom. No you aren't." She said with conviction, running a hand through his hair to try and calm him down.

Tom looked at her before glancing to Oliver. "Did you kill him?"  He asked. Oliver knew the real answer would upset him, the news that he had killed his father would be too much. So he did what he had been doing since he got back from the island, he lied.

"No."

"Thank you."  Tommy whispered.

"Tom." Brennan muttered grabbing his hand and giving it a little squeeze. Tommy's attention returned to his sister.

"Bren,"  He smiled slightly, his glossy eyes staring into her soul. A look that will haunt her dreams for months to come. "When Mom first proposed the idea of a new sister to me, I was angry.  But the moment Mom brought you home from that orphanage, it all changed for me. "

She shook her head sniffling. "Tom-Tom," She sobbed. "Don't do this."

"You-you've been there for me my entire life," He stopped to gasp for air. Brennan's hand tightened her grip around his but Tommy couldn't feel it anymore. "just like I have with you and I couldn't imagine having any other sister.  No one could ever be greater than you. I love you. Be strong for me."

"I love you too, Tom. I love you so much." The two siblings smiled sadly at each other before Tommy broke the gaze to look at Oliver.

"Take-take care of her Ollie."  He commanded with a heavy breath. "Take care of her and Laurel and yourself."

"I will Tommy. I will."  Oliver nodded, another batch of tears leaking from his ducts.

"Thank you." And with those last words Tommy took in his final breath, his head rolling to the side.

"No, no, no."  Oliver chanted.

Brennan's heart collapsed as her brother's cheek hit the plaster on the other side of him and his grip went slack in her palm.

"T?" She questioned not wanting to believe he was dead.  He couldn't be.  He said he would always be there for her. He said he'd never leave.

"Tommy?" She dropped his hand to shake his arm. "Tommy!"

"He's gone B. He's gone."  Oliver confirmed her worst fear before wrapping his arms around her and pressing her into his body.

"No, no. NO! NO! TOMMY! HE CAN'T BE GONE!" She wailed but Oliver just held her tighter running a hand down her hair. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." He shook his head from above her. "It should have been me.  It should have me."

Brennan ignored his turmoil sitting in a vat of her own. "HE SAID HE'D NEVER LEAVE. HE SAID HE WOULDN'T LEAVE."

"Shh. Shh."  Oliver tried to consul her but it only managed to quiet the screams, her sobs echoing among the rubble.

"Don't leave me Tommy.  Don't leave."

DISCLAIMER: I do not own The Arrow, The Flash, or any other references you might see in this fanfiction. I do, however, own Brennan and her addition to the storyline. All rights go to their owners. This also isn't edited.

^^Me writing this and re-watching the episode where Tommy dies.

P.S. The trailer is linked at the top^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 33.7K 60
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
204K 2.5K 32
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
616K 13.9K 41
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
145K 5.2K 88
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...