Neighbors (Davekat)

By sp00kyJish

Dave Strider. Jock of the century. Leader of leaders. God of gods. King of kings. Most ironically loved guy... More

Hello!!
2 people, 1 project
The Dream
Gettin' shit done, son.
Gettin' shit done, son pt.2
Announcement!
Just a Project
Their Moment (very short)
Tears & Boners
not an update but..
Guys & Wierd Eyes
Not that Different
The Plan
GUYS.
Bad Yet Perfect
Happy Valentines Day
Important A/N
Back to Normal
Uninvited Guest
Uninvited Guest 2.0
Satan Is Back
Enough
Better Off
John
John (Continuing)
"I Don't Care."
The Two Ships

Boyfriends

3.3K 111 438
By sp00kyJish

Be the one who has a new boyfriend:

One question, why? Why me? Of all people in the world that have done bad things, why me? Why am I getting punished?

I didn't realize I was still on the phone until I heard John repeating my name.

"When does this 'deal' begin?"

"Monday. I'll have a surprise for you when you get back from school."

"Surprise? What surprise?"

"You'll see. See you Monday, boyfriend."

Hearing that word come from John's mouth made me disgusted.

I have just one more day of freedom, one day without having to act.

Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

-MONDAY MORNING-

I woke up, not realizing that today was the day I had a boyfriend, not realizing that today was the day my life ended.

I didn't want to dress up in my usual clothes, which consisted of bright red colors. Those were happy colors, and clearly, I am far from that.

I got up and put on a black sweater I had laying around somewhere, with my usual black jeans and red converse. I didn't feel like putting much effort into my outfit, or anything, for that matter. I walked into the bathroom and stood there for a good 10 minutes. Doing what, exactly?

Looking at myself in the mirror, comtemplating whether I should just drop out. The dark circles around my eyes weren't as visible when I had my shades on, which was good. I couldn't sleep last night, the feeling of being forced to do something you don't want to do isn't the most comfortable thing in the world. I brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack, attempting to give myself a pep-talk as if it would work somehow.

I walked out of my room and saw Sollux, who was eating cereal on the couch. He looked up and me with a shocked look in his face,"Woah, why the dark color2? Iit'2 a good day, Dave!" I tried to smile at him, which didn't work out as planned. "I have to go, but I'll see you later, okay?" I walked out and went down the stairs, walking out the building and off to school.

In all honesty, I want to die. Yes, I know what I'm saying can actually happen, but I'll be considered lucky if I do.

What if Karkat finds out? Will he be mad? I should tell him, even though he probably won't give a damn.

I arrived to school and went straight to my locker for no reason whatsoever. I figured it'll entertain me since I'm probably one of the earliest students today, something out of the ordinary.

I opened it as a paper dropped out from it. I picked it up and unfolded it, it read 'Hello, Davey! It's your boyfriend here! It's our one-day anniversary! I hope you're just as excited as I am! And if not, then we know what will happen :) Have a nice day, babe!'

I got shivers reading the word 'babe' in John's writing. It shouldn't be coming from him, I wish it would come from someone else, it should be coming from someone else.

I stuffed the note into my pocket and walked towards the bathroom. I checked the time while I was walking, it read '7:24 A.M.' I still have a few minutes before more people start coming. I walked inside and splashed my face with water, just to make sure what was happening.

My ex-boyfriend is back for revenge, and I have to be in a relationship with him in order to keep the person I actually love safe because my ex-boyfriend will literally tear him apart physically and emotionally.

Isn't life just fantastic?

I came out of the restroom and into the now full hallways of school, and I spotted Karkat walking towards his friends. His friends seem nice, in a very freakish way.

I walked to my friends, who sat under the stairs and got a lucky peak at the girls who wore skirts everyday. Of course, I have to pretend I'm into girls for the sake of my reputation, and possibly the whole school.

I go to school in a place where you are alienated for being different in any way, it goes from having an unnatural hair color to liking the same gender you are. It's considered brave to be openly gay in this school. You're considered crazy, even.

I mean with a homophobic football team who is worshipped by homophobic fans, I can see where they're coming from.

I still wonder why Cronus is still even in the team if he's with Karkat's brother, the dumbass thinks I don't even know. Considering that he's the oldest one in the school and he could probably punch my balls into oblivion, it's better to keep it between me and him.

I walked towards my english class and decided to be early, I didn't feel like being a disgrace to my teachers today.

I sat and put my head down once the class started, this wasn't something I was looking foward to, all I want to do at the moment is sleep my problems away. Is that asking for too much?

---------

The last bell rang, meaning just one more class and I'm out of this hell. What class is next? Oh, right, english. I walked down the empty hallway, because I'm done being on time, and noticed someone walking towards me.

Shit, that is one tiny freshman, oh wait..shit that's Karkat.

I waited for him to look at me, and when he did, it was like I had just been fucked in the ass by a firework.

Meaning, it was magical.

He squinted at first, since he was still pretty far, and when he finally saw who I was, I read his lips, which muttered out 'shit.'

He keeps looking around, jesus I can smell him sweating from here, and there was no where to go. It was a one-way hallway, he has to pass me to turn the other way.

Oh, Karkat, little 10 year-old looking Karkat, you can't escape, you silly goose.

He looked down and walked faster, is this guy seriously trying to be invisible, what a fucking nerd.

I yelled out, "Hey, Karkat! Buddy! Pal!"

He covered his face and kept walking, jesus christ just look at me, asshole.

Well, desperate times lead to desperate measures.

I ran to him and trapped him in a huge bear hug, little did this fucker know, the bathroom was right next to me. He squirmed and tried to wiggle out, hah, get a load of this guy.

"GET THE..FUCK O-OFF!" He muffled out.

I eventually made my way into the bathroom and noticed it was pink, what kind of shi-oh wait, this is the girls bathroom. Well, this'll do.

I let go of him and he tried to catch his breathe, he was about to say something until he heard a toilet flush.

We froze, what if it was a teacher, holy mother of god what if it was a cheerleader, she could ruin my reputation, this is bad.

Abort the mission, Strider. Operation Karkat is a no-go!

We heard the door unlock, and it was like time just buffered, it all felt like slow motion. My heart stopped, and sure, the look on Karkat's face was priceless, but it's not the time to bully Karkat right now.

The girl came out, and she was smiling..?

She looks oddly familiar, I think it's the girl that brings spiders to class.

Karkat looked at her and asked,"VRISKA?"

Vriska? Why is that so familiar? I remember John saying something about his best friend, but why does she pop into my head? Wierd.

She crossed her arms and smiled more, "I knew it."

"WHAT?" We both said.

"I fucking knew you were gay, crazy right? Gotta love those spider senses!" She turned to me and made a weird look, "Y'know, you look oddly familiar? Do happen to know a guy named John?"

What the hell? Is she his best friend? Holy shit, what if he told her about him and I?

"No, hah, what would uh..make you think I know John? What is a John anyways?" I scratched my neck and tried to play it cool, she squinted at me and made a 'hm' noise.

Shit what if she knows?

"What's your name?" She asked. Karkat spoke,"HIS NAME IS DA-"

"Daniel!" I blurted out.

Karkat's eyebrows knit together as he replied,"NO, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU-"

Karkat stopped mid-sentence when the bathroom door opened and the girl trying to come in just stood there. Great. More people.

"Uh-" she stuttered, "You guys can't be in here..I'm going to report yo-"

Vriska screamed,"Jesus, 8ecky, get the hell outta here! We're 8usy!"

"Bu-"

"8utts are for pooping, which you can hold 'til we're done! Screw off, 8ecky!"

The poor girl ran away, I can hear her sobs from inside the bathroom.

She sighed, "8ecky is such a pain, y'know? I should get to class, have fun 8anging eachothers 8rains out!" She walked out of the bathroom, leaving me and Karkat in an eerie silence.

He let out a dry laugh, "SO, DANIEL, HUH?"

I smiled and shrugged, "It's my spy name."

He raised an eyebrow at me,"SPY NAME, HUH? SO, DANIEL, WHAT ARE YOU HIDING FROM?"

My gay thoughts.

"Lots of things." I replied quietly.

We didn't say much after that, just sort of stood there awkwardly in the girls restroom, until I realized why I took him in here. I opened my mouth to say something, but Karkat beat me to it.

"I'M GOING TO ASK YOU SOMETHING, AND YOU BETTER ANSWER IT." He asked quietly.

"Isn't that just like, the whole concept of a question? You ask it and someone answe-"

"OKAY, SHUT YOUR ENTIRE MOUTH, HUSH. COMPLETELY HUSH. TRY NOT TO BE A TOTAL DICK FOR A SECOND." He replied.

"I can try, yes." I agreed.

"WHY DID YOU TELL HER YOU DIDN'T KNOW JOHN?" He asked nervously, looking at his shoes.

I didn't know how to respond, I can't just tell him I'm dating the guy but I don't want anyone to know. My social life would go down the drain. How am I supposed to answer this?

"It's a..well it's a long story I wouldn't want to bore y-"

"I HAVE TIME."

Change the subject Strider, change. It.

"I think you're absolutely beautiful, Karkat. You're truely stunning, you know that?" I said as genuinely as I can.

He looked shocked, flustered, and just a mess. It was the best thing I have ever seen.

Keep going, Strider, it's working.

"I..J-JUST ANSWER MY FUCKING QUEST-"

"I really like your eyes, Karkat, they're so.." I walked towards him, but he kept walking back until he eventually hit the wall, I held his chin with my finger and whispered, "..Big."

I literally heard his heart beat going faster and faster the closer I got to his face.

He stuttered, "S-STRID..STIDER M-MY QUES...MY QUESTION."

I grabbed a strand of his hair and curled it between my fingers, the more I played with the more he tried to grip to the wall.

This is the most fun I've ever had.

He finally got enough courage to push me off and yell,"WHAT THE HELL, STRIDER! WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO...YOU KNOW..DO THAT." He pointed at his hair.

"You'll see one day, KitKat." I smiled at him.

The bell rang, meaning today is finally over. Kind of.

He rolled his eyes and walked towards the door, but I grabbed his arm and said, "Lets go to my place."

He looked at me with a confused expression and replied, "WHY WOULD I EVER GO TO YOUR SMELLY APARTMENT? IT ALWAYS SMELLS LIKE YOU."

I was personally offended, what is wrong with my smell? I smell fantastic!

"And what exactly do I smell like?" I asked defensively.

"DUDE, YOU SMELL LIKE DORITO DUST AND COLOGNE. LIKE, ASSHOLE COLOGNE."

"Fuck you, Karkat, I smell amazing. Point is, you should come to my place. C'mon Karkat, stop being such a vagina.".

"YOU MEAN 'PUSSY'?"

"No, why would I mean 'pussy'?"

"BECAUSE THE SAYING IS 'DON'T BE A PUSSY' NOT 'DON'T BE A VAGINA.'"

"What the hell are you talking about, it's vagina."

"NO, DUMBFUCK, IT'S PUS-- WHY AM I GOING TO EVEN ARGUE ABOUT THIS? YOU'RE A FUCKING CHILD. AN INFANT. GET OUT OF MY FACE WITH YOUR 'VAGINA' SHIT, STRIDER."

I sang, "Karkat, Vagina, Vantas is his name! He walks around all ashamed! Do you know whyyyy? Because Karkat Vagina Vantas is his naaame!"

He turned to me angrily and yelled, "LISTEN, BUDDY, I AM NO VAGINA, IN FACT, LET'S GO TO YOUR SHIT APARTMENT! I'LL PROVE TO YOU THAT IT SMELLS LIKE UTTER COW SHIT."

I shugged, "Sounds like a deal to me!"

He rolled his eyes again as we both walked out of the girls restroom, I mean sure we got a few looks, but at least I got him to come over.

We walked to my apartment building and opened the door to be faced with an 'Out of Order' sign on the elevator in sloppy writing. Fantastic.

Karkat groaned and trudged towards the stairs.

To try to lift up our moods, I yelled, "Last one up the stairs is a vagina!"

He muttered, "OH HELL NO." and ran towards the steps.

We eventually made it up there, and took minute to catch our breaths.

"YOU'RE THE VAGINA." He bluntly stated as he walked towards my door. I laughed and took out my key.

I grabbed the handle and twisted it, I opened the door and my heart completely dropped.

I couldn't look at Karkat, I was too shocked to do anything for that matter.

"Oh, hey, Davey! Just thought I'd drop by! Who's your friend?" John asked ethusiastically, getting up from the couch and walking towards us.

Karkat replied, "I'M KARKAT, AND YOU ARE.." He asked.

John smiled, "Oh! I'm John! Dave's boyfriend."

I looked at Karkat from the corner if my eye, and I just wanted to disappear at that very moment.

John grapped me and pulled me into a hug, "I missed you, babe!"

I had to hug back, I knew how John was. I turned to face Karkat, and he looked like he was on the edge of completely falling apart.

John let go and asked Karkat, "Oh, Karkat, were you planning on staying?"

He hestitantly responded, "O-OH, ME? UH, NO, DAVE WAS ACTUALLY HELPING ME OUT BECAUSE I THOUGHT I LEFT SOMETHING HERE.." He responded politely, he looked at me and continued, "..GUESS NOT. I'LL JUST, GET OUT OF YOUR HAIR." He waved goodbye and took a last glance at me and left, slamming the door behind him.

I wanted to just run after him, but I couldn't. Not now. Maybe never, for that matter.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GONNA SAY.
AND AGAIN, I'M SORRY.

BUT HEY FINALS ARE OVER SO..

HERE COME DA UPD8S.

PLEASE FORGIVE ME )):

BUT ANYWAYS,
I'M BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER, BITCHES.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 1.8K 40
Some Davekat cuz I was bored. Basically, Dave likes Karkat. He thinks there's nothing he can do about it, but during Summer Break (wow, so original)...
22.9K 979 18
Dave Strider, not your average normal kid. He seems to be a cool guy, gaining popularity quickly, but his secret is getting harder to sustain in the...
133K 4.8K 92
Dave Strider x reader x Karkat Vantas.. Warning: this gets rather violent in some context, blood and gore is fairly frequent. Strong language too, bu...
40.9K 831 22
Just another story of Davekat (Dave Strider+Karkat Vantas) Or is it..? Dave Strider, the cool, ironic, kid with shades, has to help guide one of th...