Loving Amaryllis

By orchidbubble

He is an English/Irish aristocrat. She is an all-American girl next door. Love blossom, but can it last? More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

35 0 0
By orchidbubble

Chapter 3

  “Thank you Manuel, but I think I am able to carry my stuff.” Amaryllis pleaded with Manuel while struggling to take her backpack from him.

  “I’m sorry Miss, but Master Gallagher said not to let you do anything but to make sure you were relaxed.” He said why nudging her towards the wheel chair that the nurse have place at the foot of the bed. Manuel pushed the wheel chair towards the elevator and added, “Master Gallagher wanted to be the one to fetch you but there was an urgent matter he needed to attend to at the office.”

  With that, she smiled. When they reached the lobby, Manuel pushed her towards the entrance and told her not to move while he brings the car around. Once Amaryllis was, settle in the back seat of the Black Porsche Cayenne, Manuel headed northeast on Madison Avenue towards E 99th Street.

  The car came to a gradual stop outside a French classical building. “Why are we stopping Manuel?” asked Amaryllis.

  “We’ve reach Master Gallagher house.” Manuel answered.

  “This is Nicholas house?” Amaryllis asked jaw-drop while Manuel opened the backseat door.

  “Let’s come in Miss.” Manuel suggested.

  “Welcome!” said a middle-aged lady from behind the door as Manuel nudged her into the house. “You must be Miss Bellisario, yes?”

  “Yes. But just call me Amaryllis. And you are?” Amaryllis asked.

  “This Miss, is my wife of 30 years.” Declared Manuel proudly.

  “Hi!” Amaryllis said and extended her hand.

  “Hi. I am Salma, Manuel’s wife and Master Gallagher helper.” Instead of taking Amaryllis’s hand, hugged her instead. “Lunch will be served soon.” She announced and went off towards the kitchen.

  “Follow me Miss. I’ll show you to your room.” With that Amaryllis followed Manuel upstairs. The house was beautiful. It was huge with crystal chandelier at the foyer…

  “Manuel can I ask you a question.”

  “Yes miss. What is it?”

  “Does Nicholas stay here alone?”

  “Yes. Of course.”

  “Why does he need a huge house with just 3 people around?”

  “Oh no. Salma and I we don’t stay here. We have our own house.”

  “Ok then why does he need a big house for himself? I know he is rich and all.”

  “Well…” he said and his facial expression totally changed.

  “What is it Manuel?” she asked inquisitively.

  “Five years ago Master Gallagher was supposed to start a family with his expected girlfriend before she was killed in a car accident.”

  “Oh no… How far along was she?”

  “4 months…” he answered.

  “What coincidence…” she said aloud.

  “Miss, Master Gallagher is a nice man. He might be rich and all but he is a kind man, just like his late father, Master Gallagher Senior. He has no ill-intention on anyone let alone a poor young girl like you.”

  “What do you mean Manuel?” she asked.

  “Nothing Miss. I’m just saying he is a nice man. Unpack your stuff and my wife will call you for lunch.” With that Manuel shut the room door.

  While she was unpacking her backpack, her cell phone rang, she picked it up, “Amy?” the familiar voice questioned. For over 19 years her grandfather has been the only one calling her Amy…

  “Grandpa!” she answered, relieved.

  “Yes my darling. How is New York? Is everything fine? Why didn’t you answer you phone when I tried to call the whole of yesterday?” he questioned.

  “Grandpa this is my third day in the big apple and so much questions.” She giggled as tears trickle down her cheeks.

  “Have the city been too hard on you? If it has, I’m driving over from Springfield to get you.” He warned playfully.

  “That won’t be necessary Mr. Jeremy Bellisario.” She assured him.

  “Good! Iris misses you.” He said.

  “I miss her too and I love you both. When I’m settled here I’ll bring both of you over here.”

  “I don’t understand why can’t you finish your college back home and pursue whatever that you need to do in Massachusetts. Why do you have to go all the way to the big apple to do it?”

  “Grandpa you know New York have always been a place I wanna start my career.”

  “Yes I know that darling. You can do it here too…” he sighed.

  “I’ll update you soon ok. Send my loves to Iris will you.” With that she hung up.

  She quickly busied herself with unpacking her stuff and tries her best to stop thinking about Springfield… When she was done, she wanted to go down to the kitchen to help Salma out, but something caught her attention instead. She opened the door and realised it was a nursery. It was beautifully decorated in a Safari theme. From the cot to the paintings even the curtains. Far end in the room, there was white glider facing the window which was overlooking the Central Park. She could not resist sitting, so she sat looking out at the scenery. She suddenly felt so overwhelm by the events that’s happening and tears trickle down her cheeks. Before she realise, Nicholas was bending down in front of her, wiping off her tears with his finger. Amaryllis didn’t know what came over her, wrap her arms around his neck and the tears came down faster.

  Nicholas didn’t say anything, just calm her by caressing her hair…

Continue Reading