The Last Cheer (Book 1 of the...

By QueenShae007

Melissa and Steven, the inseparable twins. Melissa's life seemed perfect, but as life goes, it flings somethi... More

Author's note
One
Two:
Three
Four
Cast:
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Sequel Notice:
Sequel is Up

Nineteen

3K 83 13
By QueenShae007

Homecoming night was approaching quicker than I thought. Jessica, Allison and I were all going to meet at my house to get ready. The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs.

"Hi chickies!" I shouted at them as they walked into the door. We all cuddled and I led them to my room and I turned on my stereo. We started singing to Taylor Swift, and other random songs.

Finally, after we realised the time, we all put on our dress and shoes, while half dancing, and half singing. Jess and Allison looked beautiful. I looked into the mirror. I really hope Cam likes this.

"So Mel, did a lucky guy eventually ask you out?" Allison asked me.

You know, I just realised that I didn't tell either of them about Cam.

"Why of course." I said, "Did you really think that this girl has lost her touch?"

They laughed. "Well, tell us who." Allison said.

"You will have to see. He will be fetching me at 6." I said. Glancing at the clock. 5:37. I almost screamed, and I pointed to the clock.

"Oh no, hurry up Allison! We have to do our hair and makeup!!!" Jessica screamed. I quickly curled my hair and Jessica did my makeup.

"All done!" She shouted. I looked into the mirror. My mouth dropped. I spun in my dress. I felt like a ballerina. Just then a heard a car hoot. I looked at Allison. She decorated her eyes with a glittery eye shadow, making them pop and twinkle. She had twisted her hair up in a curly low bun, with a few long stands framing her face. Then I glanced at Jessica. She was wearing gorgeous purple two piece dress. It framed her figure to a tee, making her look absolutely breathtaking.

I looked up and down in satisfaction. Her hair was half up half down she looked absolutely gorgeous.

"You two look amazing. The guys will have to kick themselves to make sure they aren't dreaming!" I shouted as we all ran downstairs. My mom and dad looked up and down at each of us with their mouths open.

"Gorgeous girls!" Mom said, "Alright. Quick picture!" I groaned. She snapped a photo of the three of us, and I ran outside.

Cam was leaning on his car and when he saw us he just starred at us.

"Cameron? He asked you out?" Allison said open mouthed. I smiled and nodded.

"As in like, Ridgewood high quarterback Cameron?" Jessica asked. Cameron just grinned.

"Yeah." I smiled widely.

"Are you coming or not?" I asked and the girls hopped into the car.

"You look... you look absolutely gorgeous!" He said.

"You're not so bad yourself." I replied, smiling. He laughed and opened the door for me.

As we drove into the school, dancing dressed students were climbing out their cars. It felt like we were going to a ball.Cam got out and ran to hold the door open for me.

I hooked my arm in his and we walked into the gym. I sighed in delight, as our hard work made the gym look beautiful.

We walked through an arch, looking around in amazement at the beauty of it. Even though we had done it, somehow, it looked even better.

Homecoming queen and king crowns lay glistening on the table on the stage. Cam smiled at me and lead me to the dance floor.

The music to the first dance was upbeat. Cam and I stepped into the dance floor. We were jamming. Out the corner of my eye, I saw a jealous figure of a jealous Savannah. I just rolled my eyes.

"Hey, Mel. Would you like some coke? All this dancing is making me thirsty." Cam asked me.

"Sure, thanks Cam. You do know that it's only the first dance though?" I replied but he just did his signature grin. I just chuckled to myself.

"I know, but dancing really isn't my strong point." he said and I burst out laughing. He grinned.

When we were about 15, we went to a dance party together. Cam and I were dancing together. He landed up standing on my foot about a thousand times, and eventually he tripped landing on the floor with a thump. I've always known since then that Cam is a terrible dancer.

As Cam left, I felt a pat on my shoulder.

"Hello Melissa." a voice said behind me. I put on a fake smile and spun around.

"Hello Savannah." I said, and tried my best to hide my sneer.

"Looks like you took my guy." she said and her fake smile was gone.

"No Savannah. You took my guy." I said back in retaliation.

"Melissa, you broke up with him.So actually, he isn't your guy." she said sneering at me.

"You know what Savannah? I am not arguing about Cam with you. It was Cam's decision, not mine. He's not some object that you can just claim for yourself. He's a human and can make his own decisions." I argue and turn back around.

"Well, you were the one who said yes when he asked you out." I rolled my eyes. 

"Why would I I say no?"

"Because, I've told you this already Melissa. Cameron is mine, and if you do anything to take him away from me, your life will be a living hell."

"Jar har har. Real mature. Savannah, I couldn't care less about what you do or what you say. I'm done arguing about something so silly. Get this into your thick head, you can't always get everything you want, so might as well learn now." I state and turn back around.

"Hey." Allison says, with Brandon in tow.

"Hey." I smile at the two.

"Look at Jess." Allison whispers and points behind her.

I spin around to face Jess. My eyes widen in shock. She was with Matthew. How dare he?

I walked up to Jessica and Matthew. I glared at him.

"How dare you?" He just smirked me.

"How dare me what? Melissa?"

"You left Jess, for 'someone better'. You can't just walk back in here and expect to have her back. In fact, you don't deserve her." I exclaim, fuming while Jess looked at me wide eyed.

"Listen Mel, it isn't what you think." Jess turned to me.

"Oh, really? What good reason could he possibly have?" I said.

"Savannah kissed Matthew, and he couldn't do anything about it. He didn't actually want to kiss her." Jess argued. How is she so naive?

"Are you serious? After everything he put you through?" My eyes widened in shock. How could she go back to him if did that to her? "How can you possibly trust him after all that?" I say flinging my arms up in frustration.

"Well, you are trusting Cameron after you broke up!" She fires back.

"This is not about me and him!" I burst. I sigh. "Don't say I didn't warn you." I spin around again and find Cameron in the crowd. He was chatting to Savannah. That... that girl! Guy stealer. Cam's eyes landed and me and he walked over.

"So Mel, I saw you talking to Jessica and Matthew. You looked extremely angry." he said and he draped his arm on my shoulder.

"I was. He..." I started but Cam cut me off.

"I know the story. He cheated on her." Cam said shaking his head.

"Yeah and now he wants her back." I state, fuming.

"Guys like that are very risky. You can't trust them." He says and looks at me with a sad smile.

"I know, I tried to tell her." I frowned. He rubbed my back. We sat down at one of the tables.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." a loud voice boomed across the speaker.
"It's time to announce our homecoming King and Queen."
Everyone roared.

"First up, the homecoming princesses, Jessica!  Nicky! And finally, Melissa!" My mouth dropped open, sweet. I walked up onto the stage.

"Next, the homecoming princes. Brandon! Matthew! Finally, in his absence, Steven!"

I almost yelped at Steven's name. He is still so popular, and I guess so am I.

"So, as you well know, homecoming King and Queen can be chosen from these bunch of Princess and Princes, Or It can be someone new entirely. Good luck!!"

"First up, Prom King..." the announcer said and paused. They always pause, it is so annoying.
"Steven!!" My shoulders drop and I bite my lip.

"Will Steven's sister fetch the crown in his absence?"I walked onto the stage. They put the crown on my head. The school started to laugh. I grinned. I walked back to my place.

"Finally, homecoming Queen!" I held my breath.
"Allison! Come and fetch your crown. Well done!" My heart fluttered. I nominated her. I am so glad she got it. To admit it, I am a little jealous, but She was my best friend. She deserved it more than I did. She had a big grin as she walked up to fetch it.  The school cheered.

"Thank you ladies and gentlemen. I have always wanted to be prom queen, though I never thought that I even had a chance. So I know what to know who exactly nominated me." Allison said into the mic.

She looked around. Stuff this. I slowly slid up my hand.

"I want to thank my best friend, and almost sister, for supporting me. Literally." The school laughed.

She walked down the steps. And gave me a hug.

"King and Queen's dance.... wait? How are we going to do this?" The announcer said, "I know! Melissa, and Allison can dance. As I representative for Steven." I sighed. Wait what?

Allison and I stated to dance together. This is very, very weird.

Thankfully, Charlie came to dance with Allison, and Cam came to my rescue. He took my hand and we danced together.

---------------

Prom came to a soon end. We had so much fun. Luckily, we still have senior prom.

Cam and I walked to his car. We got in and just sat in silence.

"Thanks for everything Cam." I said, and rested my my chin against his shoulder.

"Pleasure princess Mel." he said.

We giggled. He started his car and drove me home. I climbed out and waved until I could no longer see his car.

I walked inside with a grin on my face. My parents were watching a movie. When they looked up they both smiled at me.

"Oh! Princess kiddo!" my dad said grinning at me. I felt the crown on my head.

"This is Steven's crown. My crown is in my handbag. He won king, and I am a princess." I told them.

"So how was it?"

"Magical. We had so much fun." I yawned.

"Looks like the princess needs her beauty sleep." my dad said. I nodded.

"Night mom and dad." I said and made my way up the stairs.

I walked up to my room and quickly changed and jumped under the covers. I then smiled myself to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 4.4K 40
Meet Jasmine Foyer, your typical high school cheerleading captain and the most popular girl in school. Unlike most people from the popular crew she i...
85.4K 1.9K 28
Kylie Jacobs is the head cheerleader at her high school, Ridgewood High. She is popular and is considered the hottest girl in school. Except, she isn...
2K 13 21
Read as two teens that are meant for each other fall in love slowly but only as she gets voted as cheer captain... But it doesn't stop there after t...
146K 1.8K 23
Annie is a part of a sportsy family. Her dad is the football coach at her school. Her brother plays football at his college. Her mother is the cheer...