As You Are (Camren)

By ccj-11

Camila: WHO IS THIS? More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 19

16.5K 500 304
By ccj-11

Camila POV

"Are we still meeting up tomorrow at five?" Lauren asks as she leans against the locker beside me. "Carter's birthday party is in a week. I haven't got anything since I've had him nonstop the past month with Zayn being overseas. Now that Zayn is in Miami with him, I feel like it's the best time to do it."

Lauren looks a little flustered and stressed which is totally adorable on her. "No worries. I'll be there. I know you need my expertise on kid parties."

She chuckles. "Because you are a kid at heart."

I go to give her a shove, but she counters it by grabbing my hand causing my body to be brought into hers against the locker. I try keeping my cool as I respond to her comment. "So what if I am? I have to stay young as long as I can."

Lauren looks at my lips and leans in, giving me a small peck. She pushes herself off the locker and I take a step back. "Sorry Camila, but you aged twenty years by dating me since I was a kid." Seriously? "I am kidding, don't pass out on me babe."

"You need to be nice to me." I warn her as I shut my locker.

Lauren wraps her arms around my neck as we walk down the hall. "I treat you like a princess."

"You do, don't you?" I giggle as I kiss her on the cheek before going our separate ways. "Bye Lo."

"See you soon baby girl." She winks before disappearing.

I love her pet names...

I continue walking and soon a roach starts following me. "Do you need something, August?"

"It's Austin." Clearly, I just thought I would screw up his name since he does mine all the time. "I do need something. Can you stop for a second?"

I try to pick up my speed, but he steps in front of me causing me to almost run into him.

"I want to tell you something."

I don't want to hear anything he has to say. "What is it, Austin?"

He gets a cocky grin on his face. "I got contacted about my YouTube channel that I have some songs on. I have a great chance of getting signed to a record deal!"

People's poor ears... "Why are you telling me this? Do you think I actually care?

He rolls his eyes. "The more you act like you don't want me, the more I know you do. You can't tell me you are happy being a lesbian and dating slut with a bastard kid."

I bring my hands back before lunging forward so I could muster as much strength as possible as I shove him. "Don't you dare call her or him that."

Austin grabs a hold of my wrist and won't let up on his grip. "Such a frisky girl Camila. I like it. You didn't let me get to the best part. The record label is sending out one of their signed artists to listen to me. No other than the one and only Zayn Malik."

He drops my wrist, freeing me to go but I don't. "What?"

"How do you like me now Camila? I will be hanging out with a former One Direction member. Someone you used to obsess over."

He thinks he can get to me by that, but he has no idea. "You have a big storm coming for you. Karma is a bitch."

"Just like your girlfriend."

I walk away. He doesn't deserve my time. I seriously hope karma bites him in the ass.

As I get to my next class, I send Lauren a text.

Camila: Guess what just happened...

Lauren: You tripped in the hall and everyone saw.

Camila: Very funny! I had a run in with Austin. He called you a slut and Carter a bastard again.

Lauren: If you don't see me at school tomorrow it's because I got suspended

Camila: No, don't do that. You should tell Zayn Lauren.

Lauren: He will kill him (even though that's what I want to do)

Camila: Austin might be getting a record deal... Zayn is listening to him next weekend.

Lauren: WHAT?

Camila: Yeah.. That's what he told me.

Lauren: No way in hell.

Camila: That's why you should tell Zayn what he is saying about Carter and you.

Lauren: Zayn will know, trust me. But I won't be the one who tells him. Austin will.

Camila: I have a feeling you have a plan already.

Lauren: I do. I will tell you in person.

Camila: A little anxious to know, but I have cheer tonight, so I won't see you :(

Lauren: Well Carter is gone so I could swing by...

Camila: =) Sold. No need to beg.

Lauren: LOL

During our practice, I could not focus and Normani was ripping into me.

"Cabello, why can Madison cheer flawlessly? She has only been with us for a month. You have been on the squad for three years!"

I sigh. "I'm sorry. I'm bored."

"You are what?" Normani snaps. "Are my routines not good enough for your liking?"

"Girl you better run." Dinah whispers.

I should... "No, that's not what I meant. I'd just rather be somewhere else. It's hard to focus on a routine I've done over and over when my mind only wants to think about one thing."

"Lauren?" Normani questions. Dinah starts making kissing noises, Ally awes alongside Madison. The rest of the girls are off in their own little world. "Can't you think about my best friend aka your girlfriend on your own time? I take this shit seriously."

I know she does. Trust me I know. "I'll try but it's hard."

"Why is it so damn hard?"

"Because I am in love with her." I quickly slap my hands over my mouth. Where the hell did that come from?

"Oh my god." Dinah, Ally, Madison and Normani all squeal at the same time.

My face heats up and I know it turned dark red. "I have to go." I ran away from the girls in a hurry.

I head to the locker room praying no one is following me, especially Normani since I ran away from practice.

I couldn't stay there. I know they were going to ask questions and I know I couldn't answer. Well I could, but I don't know if I am ready to. Those words came out so naturally and it's scary.

Am I ready to say it out loud? Am I fully ready to admit I am in love with Lauren? I am. I know I am, but admitting it out loud...

I need to go home...

I grab my sweats and throw them on as I gather all of my stuff. I keep my head down as I go to my car.

Not sure how, but I got to my vehicle without being hunted down by Normani or Dinah. Maybe they were trying to give me space.

I quickly pull out of the parking lot and head towards my house.

Distraction. I need distraction. I turn my volume up as my phone is already connected to Bluetooth.

When I got home, I basically rushed my way up to my room dodging my parents in the process.

It wasn't long before I heard a knock on my door. "Is everything okay?" my dad yells out in the hallway.

"Yes, I am going to take a shower." I called him back.

I grab some clothes and head to the shower. I turn the water up and get it the way I like it.

As the water hits, so do all the questions. Why am I freaking out like this? I literally ran from my friends and left cheer practice. That's basically asking to get murdered by Normani.

Does a part of me think it's because I regret saying it? No, because Lauren wasn't there. But what if she was? That's not how I would want to say it. I don't want to tell the first person I fell in love with by word vomit.

Is it too soon to be in love? Would it scare Lauren away?

I need to get out of this shower before I worry myself into a panic attack.

I step out and wrap my towel around me.

"Seriously Camila?" I mumble to myself as I pick up the clothes I grabbed. "These won't work."

I walk out of the bathroom with only my towel wrapped around me. I notice my bedroom door is open causing me to roll my eyes.

"Mom, I told dad I was fine." I say as I walk in. "I..." I froze and almost... I almost dropped my towel. "Lauren? What are you doing here?"

I watch, as her eyes look me up and down. I swear her green eyes turn darker. "I told you I was coming by. Do you want me to go?"

"No." I went to move my hands and bring them right back when I felt my towel slip. "I should get dressed."

"Or you can stay in that." Lauren says softly but I heard it and she knows she is busted. "Or you can just remove the towel. That's fine too." That part she didn't whisper or mumble.

I can't speak because I know I'll say something stupid. So I grab the clothes I wanted in the first place and go change. I brush my hair real quick before turning to my room.

I shut my door and walk over to my bed where Lauren is.

"Hey." She gives me a cute smile.

I look into her green eyes and my heart starts pumping fast. My heart is telling me to tell her what I know but my brain is saying to wait...

My brain wins as I shut my heart up by placing my lips on hers. Surely my lips are occupied. I can't have any accidental word usage.

"I like where this conversation is going." Lauren whispers against my lips.

"Do you?" I question back as I swing my right leg across her lap so I can straddle her. "We should continue it, don't you think?"

Lauren's hand runs under my sweatshirt as I run mine through her hair. Our lips meet again and I feel Lauren smile as her hands make their way up to where my bra straps should be, if I was wearing one.

Our tongues start to tangle with one another's as Lauren brings her hand to my stomach. As it moves up, my body anticipates the next move causing my nerves and sensitivity to go into overdrive.

"Mmm." Lauren moans as her hand cups my breast. "I like... a lot."

As her hand gently squeezes and lets go, my lips disconnect as my head falls back in pleasure.

"Do you like that Camz? Do you like my hands grabbing you like that?" Lauren whispers as I felt her breath against my collarbone.

Knowing at this moment I can't make a solid word come out, I just hum. "Mhm."

"That's what I love to hear. Your body feels so good underneath my hands, I wonder what my lips would feel like on it."

This girl will be the death of me.

Lauren's lips go along my collarbone as she places kisses as she goes. Her lips find my weak spot as she starts sucking and biting.

The sensation causes me to rock my hips into her, which causes both of us to moan.

I bring my head back up so I am able to kiss Lauren again. Every kiss is intense and I don't think I've ever been this turned on before.

There was a new breeze hitting my lower stomach and my lower back. It kept moving up and that's when I realized Lauren is trying to take my sweatshirt off.

I disconnect our lips and Lauren looks straight in my eyes. "Can I?"

I am nervous, but I am not scared.

I move my head up and down causing Lauren to show a smile.

She slowly starts lifting it up and as my breast starts to uncover there was a knock.

I flinch causing me to fall off Lauren and on to the floor with a loud thud.

My door flies open and my mom comes right in. "Is everything okay?"

Everything would have happened if you didn't open the door. "Yes mom. I tripped." I can hear Lauren snickering. "Did you need something?"

"Supper is ready." She looks at me with a knowing look. She eventually turns her head to Lauren. "Would you like to join us?"

Say no. Say yes. Hell, I don't know what I want her to say.

"Sure, if you don't mind."

"She doesn't." I answer for my mother. "We will be down in a second."

My mom leaves and I finally feel like I can catch my breath. "That was close."

Lauren stays seated. "I was so close to finally seeing your boobs!" She acts dramatic but I know she is faking it, but I decide to treat her.

I put my hands on my sweatshirt and lifted up real fast and put it back down. "There you go."

"Hey! That was too fast." Lauren pouts.

"Next time, if you are lucky."

Lauren POV

Dinner with the Cabello's wasn't bad at all. Camila told them in December that we are dating and to my surprise they have been completely cool with it.

I was expecting them not to since they know about Carter, but they have been very welcoming

It makes me feel guilty. I have yet to tell my parents I am in a relationship. They accept me being with a girl but with Carter, I don't know how they will feel if I am in a relationship with someone other than Carter's father.

They do know I am interested in Camila.

Lauren: Do you mind eating lunch with me outside? I need to talk to you.

I would say the library, but I feel like that is Camila and my spot.

Lucy: Yeah, I'll meet you in two.

I felt relieved knowing Lucy accepted so I sent Camila a text.

Lauren: I won't be at lunch. I'm having lunch with Lucy outside.

Please don't get angry. I silently pray to myself.

Camila: K.

K. In text means I'm going to rip your head off. AKA... Camila isn't happy.

Lauren: We are still shopping for Carter tonight right?

I type as I walk, trying to clear the tension I hope isn't there.

Camila is one of the most understanding people I know, but I also know she is sensitive and over thinks.

Camila: Sure.

I take a deep breath and slide my phone in my pocket. I go through the doors and I see Lucy in the grass.

"Hey." I call out as I approach.

"Yo." Lucy smiles. "What is going on with the one and only Lauren Jauregui?"

Who knows? "I need your advice on something. I haven't told my parents that Camila and I are official."

"Are you serious? Why not?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I feel like they won't like it or think I came back to Miami for the wrong reason."

"Why exactly did you come back to Miami Lauren?" Lucy questions.

I take a sip of water before explaining. "I wanted to get a high school diploma. I wanted to be able to walk across the stage and prove to everyone who has doubted me I could do it while still being a parent to Carter."

"Your parents can see you are still doing that." Lucy comments. "You being in a relationship hasn't changed that."

I know that. "I also came here so Carter could have some sort of stability in his life. I don't want to move from city to city with him. It will make it harder for him to connect with people as he grows up."

Lucy I can tell is invested in this conversation by the look on her face. "Do you feel as if Miami is permanent for you two? Do you see yourself going to college here?"

"Yes and no." I answer. "I really want to go to this art school in New York, but looking at the whole picture it will be impossible with having Carter and no family around."

I got my acceptance letter shortly after my relationship started with Camila.

"Could Zayn have him while you go to college?"

He could. "There is no way I would do that. I would be lost without Carter."

Lucy nods. "So if you know most likely you are going to Miami, why are you so worried about your parents? The reasons for you coming back never changed."

"My mom told me not to date."

"Lauren, you are 18 and have a kid." Lucy chuckles. "Your mom doesn't have a say over it."

"I know, but she told me not to. She doesn't want anyone close to Carter besides Zayn and me."

Lucy rolls her eyes. "I love your mom, but that's dumb. Zayn has a new girlfriend. Does your mom tell him he can't date?"

I tilt my head to the side. "What do you mean Zayn has a new girlfriend?"

Lucy looks a bit worried. "He is dating the model, Gigi Hadid. Don't you know this?"

I shake my head back and forth. "No I did not."

"Sorry." Lucy frowns. "But don't worry about him. Tell your parents about Camila. They will be fine. They love you and they know you make good decisions."

That's why I became pregnant so young...

"Does Carter know Camila is anything other than your friend?"

"No, I feel like he is too young." He wouldn't understand fully, would he? "I mean Zayn did tell him Camila was going to be his other mom?"

"Seriously?" She starts laughing. "How awkward was that?"

I move my hand up and down. "It caught me off guard. I think he should have kept his mouth shut because I don't want Carter getting his hopes up."

"Interesting."

"What is?" I questioned.

"The way you keep talking. It is as if you don't see Camila in your future at all. Is that why you are hesitant to tell your parents? Do you already have it in the back of your mind that Camila and you are going to break up."

I pick at the grass in front of me. "I don't know. I am trying hard to be that person that lives in the present and take it a day at a time, but it's hard. Camila has had to adjust so much already with my lifestyle. In a way I feel like there is something at any moment that can push her off the edge."

"Aw Lauren." Lucy scoots over to me. "You are afraid to lose her aren't you?" I nod slowly. "Babe, you can't be afraid because it will cause you to be distant and then you will lose her for the wrong reasons."

I don't know how I fell so hard for Camila, but I did.

"Do you think I am crazy?" I ask. "I was in a relationship for three years with the father of my kid. I never feared losing him. Now Camila, I've known for seven months and been in a relationship for two and I'm scared."

Lucy grabs my hand and looks at me with a knowing expression. "Zayn and Camila are different. Zayn, the connection was there and stayed because of Carter. There is a reason why you didn't fear losing him like you do Camila."

I look at my friend completely interested in what she has to say. "What is the reason?"

"Because you were never in love with him." My eyes widen a bit as Lucy says the next part. "You are in love with Camila."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 3.8K 22
2.1M 46K 26
two friends- camila and lauren begin noticing things about each other. things that are wrong, but also, things that are right. they get curious. cov...
22.4K 482 25
355K 12.7K 138
(Camren gip) Book 1 (completed) & Book 2 (completed) & Book 3 (completed) & Book 4 (completed)