A Blind Date

By _justanotherwriter_

When Cassandra William's boyfriend of 6 months ditches her, she is set up on blind date after blind date afte... More

Chapter One: The Date
Chapter Two: The First Day
Chapter Three: Reunion
Chapter Four: Ryan
Chapter Five: An Invite At Lunch
Chapter Six: The Party
Chapter Seven: Fights and Hugs
Chapter Eight: Decisions, Decisions...
Chapter Nine: Ex-Boyfriend Say What?!
Chapter Ten: Confession
Chapter Eleven: Jealous
Chapter Twelve: Violet
Chapter Thirteen: Save the Drama for the Llama.
Chapter Fourteen: Let's Talk Things Out
Chapter Fifteen: FAKE BOYFRIEND SAY WHAT?
Chapter Sixteen: But, after all, rules are meant to be broken.
Chapter Seventeen: The Truth (Well, some of it).
Chapter Eighteen: Dream
Chapter Nineteen: The Line Between Love and Hate
Chapter Twenty: Cold Shoulder
Chapter Twenty-One: Confusion
Chapter Twenty-Two: I sound like a person in a cheesy pop song.
Chapter Twenty-Three: All Right
Chapter Twenty-Four: God, you sound like Cher Lloyd.
Chapter Twenty-Five: Introductions and Eavesdropping
Chapter Twenty-Six: Colin and a new mission.
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Phase One-Keep Calm
Chapter Twenty-Eight: A Shoulder to Cry On
Chapter Twenty-Nine: A Fight, An Introduction, Revenge and Swinging.
Chapter Thirty: A Lesson in Funology.
Chapter Thirty-One: Wishing, Sheila, and Talking.
Chapter Thirty-Two: SURPRISE!
Chapter Thirty-Three: Drama, Jealously and a Motherly Talk.
Chapter Thirty-Four: Marcus Taylor.
Chapter Thirty-Five: Mean Girls.
Chapter Thirty-Six: An Invitation and A Talk
Chapter Thirty-Seven: I guess I have a crowd now.
Chapter Thirty-Nine: I hate you.
Chapter Forty: Alex? Alex who?
Chapter Forty-One: Meeting the Parents.
Chapter Forty-Two: Scared.
Chapter Forty-Three: An Overblown, Over-the-top Sweet Gesture.
Chapter Forty-Four: Masquerade.
Chapter Forty-Five: Remember?
SEQUEL UPLOADED!

Chapter Thirty-Eight: Truth or Dare.

145K 3.6K 576
By _justanotherwriter_

Bow to the queen, peasants. 

Just kidding. 

But feel free to bow. 

Okay, so ANYWHO, here's the chapter! 

______________________________________________________________________________

"Dibs not going first!" I exclaimed, raising my hand. 

We were all seated in a circle on the floor, getting ready to play the game. Jeremy had gone to get drinks and food. 

"Scaredy-cat," Kate teased, sticking out her tongue at me. I rolled my eyes, but still stuck my tongue out back at her. Jeremy appeared back a moment later, with some bottles and-

"Is that alcohol?" My eyes widened at the tequila and whiskey he placed in the middle of us with shot glasses. 

"Yeah, my parents left their alcohol cabinet unlocked, so help yourself," Jeremy shrugged, opening a bottle. "Shot?" He rose his eyebrows at Alex, who nodded. Alex downed the liquor, his face scrunching up, but a grin quickly replaced it. 

"Let the games begin." 

"Okay!" Kate clapped her hands together. "Marcus, truth or dare?" 

"Truth." 

"On a scale from one to ten, how hot is Cass?" 

He paused, taking a moment to smirk and wink at me. "One million." 

Alex scoffed, and then downed another shot with Jeremy and Ben. 

Boys will be boys. 

"Cass, truth or dare?" Ben asked, grinning evilly at me. 

"Tr- dare," I changed halfway. What if he asked if I liked Alex? 

I was a terrible liar. 

"I dare you to kiss Alex." 

No. 

Uh-uh. 

Not a million years. 

"Did I say dare? I meant truth," I nervously chuckled, playing with the hem of my shirt. 

"Cass, I'm offended! Would you rather kiss Marcus?" Alex scowled at me, glaring. 

"I think Cass is scared. Aren't you little, Cassandra? Is the baby sleepy? Does the baby-" 

"God!" I exclaimed, getting up. 

I crouched down in front of a surprised Alex and grabbed his head. 

Crashing my lips into his. 

If the kiss in the restaurant was amazing, this was like heaven. 

After a moment, somebody cleared their throat, sending me spiraling back into reality. I pulled away from him, and calmly walked back to my seat, a faint blush present on my cheek. 

"Who's next?" I asked, my voice level. 

TAKE THAT, BEN. 

"Uh, Alex, truth or dare?" Marcus asked, drinking another shot. Alex copied him and then answered. 

"Truth." 

"Do you like Cass?" 

HOLD THE FRICKING BANANA PHONE.

I narrowed my eyes at Marcus subtly, sending him one of my famous death glares. 

Alex rolled his eyes. "Of course, as-" 

"Do you like her as more than friends?" Marcus sighed, rolling his eyes.  

Alex put on a complete poker face, not one single emotion betraying his features.

"No." 

Well, get me some Ben & Jerry's, my pjs and The Notebook, because my heart just died. (Gif on the right-----------> Cass's reaction) 

I guess what I felt in that kiss was only one-sided. God, I'm such an idiot! Why did I even get my hopes up? It's all Alex's fault for being so goddamn irresistible! A numb feeling enveloped me. 

Kate shot me look, that basically said, 'Please don't break down right now.' 

I just slightly shook my head at her. 

***************************************************************************************************************

The rest of the game went by in a blur: secrets were revealed and dirty actions were acted out. 

Oh, and Alex had basically consumed a whole lot of shots and was strangely silent, staring into space. 

"Let's watch a movie and eat some pizza!" Kate suggested, standing up. I followed suit. 

That's what I needed. 

Some junk food and a flick. 

We all got comfy on the couch, Jeremy, Kate, me, Alex, Ben and Marcus with our slices. "Which movie?" I asked, tensing up next to Alex. He appeared to be fine, just a little out of it, with a goofy grin on. 

"How about Paranormal Activity?" Ben suggested with a wicked smirk. 

"Bring it on, pretty boy," Kate challenged, snuggling closer to Jeremy. 

Figures. She hates scary movies. Why I, on the other hand love them. 

But not tonight. 

Tonight I just wanted to bawl my eyes out and beat up Alex. 

But, alas, that would have to wait. 

**************************************************************************************************************

"AHHHH! JESUS MARY JOSEPH!" Kate screamed one final time as the movie ended, clutching Jeremy's arm tighter. I glanced around the room. Marcus was smirking at Kate's reaction, Ben looked petrified and Alex was passed out. 

"Well, guys, I think we should head back now!" Ben nervously chuckled, obviously still scared from the movie. He nudged Alex, who shot awake. 

"Huh? Wha? I'l drive!" He stood straight up, only to fall back onto the couch. 

"I think someones had a little too much to drink," Jeremy sing-songed. 

Times like this, I wish I was drunk. 

To block out the pain. 

There really was no way to describe what I was feeling. 

Numb. A waste of space. Blank. 

Hurt. 

"I'm staying the night here, so you guys go on," Kate told us, standing up, holding Jeremy's hand. 

"I'm not helping him walk," Marcus held his hands up. 

"Ditto," Ben said. 

"Ugh, I hate you both," I muttered. I slung Alex's arm around my shoulder and helped him to stand up. 

"Oh! Hey, CC." Alex slurred, grinning at me as if he's just seeing me in months. Sighing, I walked with a stumbling Alex to the door and carefully put him into the backseat, getting in myself. Marcus and Ben got in and we began to drive to my house. "You know what, CC?" Alex asked, his blue eyes half closed. 

"What, Alex?" I sighed, turning my head to him. God, even looking at him hurt. 

"You're really pretty," he reached out to poke my cheek. 

"Sure, Alex, whatever you say," I rolled my eyes, slapping his hand away. 

"I'm very serious. I'm ju-" he hiccuped, "I'm just always too afraid to say it. But, now I'm not." He grinned at me. 

Yeah, cause you're drunk! 

But don't drunken words speak sober thoughts...? 

No, Cass! Don't fall for it! 

Shaking my head of these thoughts, we pulled up to my house, where all the lights were off. "Thanks for the ride, guys." I waved good-bye, going to open my door. 

"Wait, Cass! I wanna come with you!" Alex pouted. 

"You have to go to your own home, Alex," I said slowly, as if talking to a small child. 

"Please?" He clasped his hands together. 

My mind is screaming no, yet my heart is saying yes. 

Screw it, I'm going the Disney way and following my heart. 

"Fine," I sighed, and got out, helping Alex. I unlocked the front door, Alex still leaning on me. I guess my parents are on a business trip. I helped him up to the guest room and went to exit the room when he stopped me. 

"Where are you going?" 

"To my room," I leant my head on the wall. I just needed to sleep right now. 

"Can't you stay here?" 

"No, Alex." 

"But I'm scared! The movie was scary! And my tummy is hurting!" He pouted, little dimples forming in his cheeks. 

Well, at least know I now that Alex acts like a 4 year old when he's drunk. 

"Fine, let me go change." I shut the door and went to my room, slipping into my pjs. I'll just stay there with him until he falls asleep, then go to my room, because actually sleeping in the same bed with him is absurd. 

Right? 

Why does he have to be so confusing?! 

Sighing, I made my way back to the guest room, where Alex was sitting on the bed, shirtless. Tearing my eyes away from his abs, I mentally cursed myself and got into the bed, sliding all the way over to the left. Alex shut off the lamp and got into the bed, coming closer and closer and- 

He snuck an arm around my body, bringing my half-asleep body close to him. 

"What are you doing to me, Cass?" I think I heard him mutter. 

But, it was too late for me to say anything. 

Because I succumbed to sleep. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Cass is just sorta shocked right now, and she's just trying to suck it up and be brave. 

Anyway, my school is starting in a couple days, so the updates are going to be even less. Sorry, but I update way more regularly than some of the stories that I read! 

Anyway, questions: 

1) Did Alex really say that last question, and if so, what did he mean by it?

2) How is Cass going to react next chapter to Alex saying he doesn't like her?

3) What will happen on Marcus' and Cass' date? 

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9 0 1
He makes her heart race with one touch, her body weak with one look, but is he safe. Is love making her blind? Alone on a street, late in the night...
14.4K 883 11
After one too many blind dates, Harmony is about done with men...until one date brings her more than she ever bargained for... Story cover courtesy o...
741 61 19
Luna Adams has been set up with four blind dates her first one is her bully..really how could here friend do that maybe their just peaceful friends t...
20.3K 1.9K 42
A strong woman will automatically stop trying if she feels unwanted. She won't fix it or beg, she'll just walk away.... Frankie has known Harper most...