Chapter Fourteen: Let's Talk Things Out

Hey everyone! Hope you all are enjoying the story so far! 

This chapter is dedicated to the user @Sprinklesinmyface for being a big fan and big reader! 

___________________________________________________________________________

His body vibrated as he laughed and I gave him a small smile as I stood to the side. I glanced at Alex, who gave me a confused look. His eyes asked, what  the hell did you tell him? I shook my head slightly at him.

"Hey, man. Sorry for the punches and stuff." Ben told Alex, extending a hand. Alex glared at him for a bit, but then his gaze softened, a small smile tugging at his lips. He took Ben's hand and they embraced each other in that guy-hug thing. 

"Friends?" 

"Friends."

And that, my dear friends, is how two jerks became friends. 

At the end of day, I practically sprinted to my locker. I had a huge headache. I just wanted to go home, eat some- 

"Hey, honey!"

"Not now, Alex," I growled to him as I tucked a loose strand of my hair from my messy bun behind my ear. I  slammed my locker closed and began to walk to the main doors of the school. 

"Wait up!" He ran after me. "We need to talk."

I sighed. "Fine, come home with me." 

"You only had to ask, babe," he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me. 

"Oh, shut up, you arse."  I rolled my eyes and exited the school, Alex to my right. When we were safely away from the crowds, I began. 

"So, we need some ground rules for our relationship, right?" 

Alex nodded. "Sure, like what?"

"Only kisses on the cheek, holding hands, hugs. No full lips action." I clarified. 

"Are you sure you're going to be able to keep your hands off of all this," he gestured to his body, a smirk on his face. 

"I'll manage," I replied in a flat tone. "My birthday is September 14th," I told him. 

"Why would I need to know that?" 

"First, because the day after the date will be my birthday, so Trevor might ask or something. Second, because couples know things about their girlfriend/boyfriend," I explained. We reached my house and I unlocked the door and stepped inside, dropping my backpack to the floor. I collapsed on the couch and Alex pulled up a chair in front of me. 

"My birthday is October 28th." 

"Oooo, so close to Halloween," I put on a creepy tone, giggling. 

"How about we ask each other questions, to learn more about each other?"

I nodded. "I'll go first. Favorite color?"

"Blue. Favorite color?"

"Purple. Favorite sport?"

"Soccer. Favorite sport?"

"Track and Field and Soccer. Favorite place to eat?"

"Chipotle. Favorite place to eat?"

"Are you just gonna repeat my questions or come up with some of your own?" I raised an eyebrow. 

He rolled his eyes. "Just answer the question."

"Chipotle. Do you have any siblings?" 

"Yup, a younger sister and an older brother and sister. How about you?"

"None, I'm an only child. How old are they?"

"My younger sister, Sophie, is 4. Jared, my older brother is 20 and in college. My older sister, Melissa, is 26 and she's getting married. Do you have any other ex-boyfriends besides Trevor that we need to trick?"

I blushed at his question. Trevor was my first boyfriend. "No," I mumbled. Change the subject, Cass! "So, you have a big family, right?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"Where they all the night of the party?" 

"Sophie was having a sleepover, Jared in college, and Melissa lives in an apartment with her fiancee."

"Cool, what's your biggest fear?"

"Dying. Death. The whole thing."

The bad boy was afraid of dying? Who would have guessed?!

"How about you?"

"I'm afraid of being alone." 

"But being an only child means..."

"Yes, being alone most of the time," I rolled my eyebrows. Alex opened his mouth as if to say something, but my stomach growling interrupted him. Heat rose to my cheeks as Alex chuckled. 

"Hungry?"

"A little," I winced. 

"I'll make you something," Alex said getting up. I grabbed his arm, stopping him. 

"You know how to cook?" I asked incredulously. 

"Yes, I know how to cook." 

"You won't blow my kitchen sky high?" 

"Boy Scout's honor," and with that he yanked his arm free and went to the kitchen. 

I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, stopping at a re-run of Another CInderella Story with Selena Gomez. I grabbed a blanket and snuggled into it. Moments later, Alex came back, carrying a plate and a glass of water. 

He handed them to me and sat down next to me, kicking off his shoes and taking some of the blanket. I inspected what he had cooked. A grilled cheese sandwich. But there was a small pill on the plate too. 

"What's that?"  I pointed to it. 

"An Advil, for that headache you have," he ruffled my hair, smiling. 

"How did you know?" I never told him I had a headache... 

"I could tell," he told me, fixing his gaze back on the TV. That was actually sweet of him. My insides warmed at the thought of this and a small smile crossed my features. I swallowed the pill and munched on the sandwich in silence. It was actually pretty good. 

"Did you like it?" Alex asked as I put the plate on the ground. 

"It was yummy," I simply stated, snuggling deeper into the blanket. 

"I knew it would be," he smirked. And without a warning, he put a hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. So, close in fact, I was basically sitting on top of him, my head an inch away from his chest. I squirmed away, but Alex kept me in place. 

"What are you doing?" I hissed. 

"This is what couples do. Who knows? Trevor might have planted secret cameras in here, watching us to see if we're fake." 

I giggled, but stayed next to him, resting my head on his chest. I was too tired to argue. His arm was still across me. 

"You're an idiot," I laughed. 

He stayed silent. I glanced up at him. He looked down. "This is the part where you say, 'you're an idiot, but you're my idiot.'" He whispered, his captivating blue eyes twinkling. I laughed at this. 

"Nope, you're just an idiot." 

And moments later, I drifted off into a deep sleep, cuddling the bad boy and watching Selena Gomez dance. 

________________________________________________________________________

Hope you guys liked it! 

Suggestions? Comments? Concerns? Anything?

<3