Tutoring Mr Popular

By chloesheardxx

Isabella Prescott (Bella) moved to a boarding school in California 'West High College' with her older brother... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Cast List
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 19

Chapter 18

4.6K 189 135
By chloesheardxx

"Bella, how've you been lately?" Jake asked me, his dark hazel eyes glaring straight into Austin's blue ones with a slight smirk plastered on his face.

Austin hurriedly answered his question for me, "She's been fine." I felt a gentle touch on my shoulders as Austin casually slung his arm around me. This slight gesture made me explode with fireworks inside, I fought back a smile that was creeping onto my face.

I heard that Austin and Jake had never been the best of friends anyway but Austin was acting strange. As much as Mia and Kayla try to tell me Austin may have feelings for me, it's just...hard to believe. I mean why would he want just an ordinary girl like me?

"Next time let her answer that herself." Jake replied bitterly and obviously annoyed, Austin tensed up beside me.

"We should really get going babe." Austin's words were so casually said yet they still made my heart flutter instantly. Babe? He never calls me that.

"I guess I'll see you around then Bella." Jake said, I looked up at him; the left side of his faint red lips tugged upwards into that signature smirk of his.

"Not if I can help it." Austin whispered so only I could hear him as he guided me out of the store, I let out a slight laugh.

"Where we off too now then, babe." I cooed, mocking his own words. Austin playfully nudged me, sending me a little off balance.

"We could maybe go-um-grab some lunch?" He offered, scratching the back of his neck. What was up with Austin? I had spent enough time with him since I moved to this school to know that he's not the type of guy to act nervous around a girl.

I agreed to go before I remembered Mia and Kayla. Is it bad that I forgot about them..? I mean I was caught up with Austin/Jake drama, everything else was just a blur. I looked over to the coffee store and they were sitting where I left them, talking to one another.

I walked over with Austin by my side and explained how I was going to go and grab lunch with Austin. "You're welcome to join?" I offered, not wanting to sound rude from ditching our girly shopping day to be with Austin. Mia and Kayla turned down my offer and they shot me a knowing look. They already knew I liked Austin.

"Yeah good idea, I'm starving!" Riley dramatically pointed out, I felt slightly disappointed that it wasn't just going to be Austin and me. Before I could reply there was a loud bang from under the table followed by Riley screeching. "Hey, what was that for-"He started to say though Mia butted in "Riley you're always hungry, Bella we'll catch up with you later, have fun!" She replied before giving Riley a deadly glare. I rolled my eyes laughing.

Austin and I were chatting away and walking through the mall debating where to eat. "The campus diner is way better!" I said remembering back to the last time I went there. Austin was telling me about some other place when a new boutique caught my eye, I tugged on Austin's shirt gesturing for him to follow me.

It was a cute little shoe boutique, I walked over to the heels section and saw the perfect pair of silver heels that would match my red dress. I lifted up one of the shoes and watched it glistening under the shimmering lights every time I moved my hand. I loved them.

"If only you looked at me like you look at those heels." Austin laughed beside me. Oh if only he knew how I felt when I looked at him. "Why don't you try them on?"

I politely asked the women if she had my size and waited for her to bring them out, she was way nicer than that Katie girl from the dress boutique. Austin picked up the shoes and unstrapped them before placing them on my feet. "The glass slipper don't fit...you must be the ugly sister?"

I swatted Austin on the shoulder, he doubled himself up bursting into a loud crackle of laughter at his own terrible joke. "I'm mostly surprised that you quoted Cinderella!" A slight shade of pink covered his perfectly tanned face.

I walked around the boutique as if I was on the cat walk at some sort of fashion show, hearing the heels click every time I took a step. I had always loved trying on my mother's heels when I was a little girl, even though they were way too big for my tiny feet.

"All jokes aside, they look beautiful on you." Austin's comment was enough to now cause me blushing, my cheeks began to feel like a burning oven. I put my head down and unstrapped my heels so that Austin never noticed.

He stayed sat over on the seats provided to try on shoes while I went to talk to the girl. "They were lovely, how much?"

"$99.99" She answered smiling brightly meanwhile I stood shocked at the price. I already went over my allowance on my dress, there was no way I could buy these. I thanked the girl for her help and told her I'd think about it.

Austin asked me why I hadn't got the heels, instead of telling him the truth I told him that there was a mark on them and they were the only size the store had. I hurried him out the store before he could ask any more questions.

***

"Um can you hear that?" I said tormenting Austin "It's the sound of me winning!"

We were currently playing some game on Ps4 and sitting in Austin's room (which was full of empty pizza boxes that were dumped on the floor.) Mason and Riley were both still out with the girls, so it was just Austin and I. Since none of us could choose which restaurant to go to, we both decided to just order pizza. I was a little anxious to come but it was just like hanging out with Mia or Kayla, not awkward at all.

I was doing my victory dance in front of Austin, proud that I beat him at a game he claimed to be 'The best' at. Growing up with an older brother, I used to always play games with him. I had lied to Austin when I said that I never been on a Ps4 before, I thought it would be funnier for me to win that way.

"Something tells me you've played this game before..." Austin looked up at me, he was spread out across the sofa and I was stood up in front.

All of a sudden Austin's arms snaked around my small waist and I was instantly pulled towards his warm chest. As I stared at him I noticed the way his soft lips lifted upwards, how his teeth are perfectly aligned. There was something about his smile that made me feel like butterflies had escaped from my stomach.

He moved a piece of fallen hair of mine and gently tucked it behind my ear, we sat in a peaceful silence before he pulled my face closer, and I inhaled sharply. His lips finally met mine. I know I've kissed Austin before, but this one was...different. Better. We both fell apart, breaking the kiss. My body still felt like fireworks exploding. He gave me another smile and I returned one back, sinking into his hold.

We talked for hours after our kiss but none of us mentioned it. I was about to explain another one of my stories when someone knocked on the door. We both stood up and walked over to the door, it was probably Mason or Riley. Austin pulled it open while I stood beside him, distracted by my phone.

"Hey Austin." An all too familiar voice said. I quickly lifted my head up towards the person standing at the door.

"Nathan, what are you doing here?" I asked my a little shaky, Nathan was stood at Austin's door wearing his football kit.

"I came to tell Austin about our next football match." My brother answered, looking between Austin and me with raised eyebrows. I was expecting whole 'Over protective older brother' speech to happen. To my surprise Nathan never asked any questions and he just explained to Austin how the next match was on Friday, the day before the Halloween formal.

I was stood bored, listening to two boys talk about football for 20 minutes. "I'm going to head back to my dorm, it's getting late."

"I'll walk you back." Austin offered. I was going to agree for him to walk me but Nathan said he wanted to walk me back instead. I was slightly disappointed that I wasn't walking back with Austin but I guess this gives me a chance to catch up with Nathan. We hardly speak now that were not living under the same roof.

Nathan had said goodbye to Austin and was waiting at the door for me to leave. I stood awkwardly in the middle of the room, "I'll see you round." I said casually, turning around about to leave.

Austin grabbed on my wrist spinning me around and holding me so close to his chest that I could feel his fast heartbeat. His lips touched my cheek. A smile crept onto my face and my cheeks slightly flushed. I turned around to face the door, luckily for me my brother was waiting in the corridor and never saw what just happened.

I walked through the boy's dorm with Nathan by my side rambling on about football, I was too stuck in my own thoughts that I wasn't really paying much attention. We had just came up to the centre of campus (by the water fountain) when Nathan asked the one question I was waiting for. "What's going on between you and Austin?"

My body froze in panic "Nothing." I shrugged. If I was being honest I didn't have a clue what was going on with Austin and I. We're not 'just friends' but we're also not exactly 'together'. It was complicated.

"I can't exactly tell you what to do but just be careful okay? I've seen what he's like around girls and I don't want you getting hurt." Nathan said, looking at me concerned.

"You don't have to worry about me. How's things with Ali?" I said referring to Nathan's girlfriend, trying to change the subject.

I think Austin's changed from the arrogant, self-centred boy I knew when I first moved here into something better.

***

What do you think will happen next?

Thankyou:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

326 15 23
Bayley who has to live with Ethan because she is babysitting his siblings. Things didn't go as planned for her because she fell in love with Ethan wh...
178K 5.7K 27
Teenage Girl who Starts Her First day of School,as a Junior at Los Angeles High School. She has a Best Friend Whoms Name is Jacob,Jacob Fall. Theres...
219K 7.6K 31
"You don't understand, Anabelle!" I drew out her whole name exasperatedly showing I mean business. "He knows my secrets." I finished in a whisper as...
50.5K 571 14
Daniel Xavier Hudson. typical bad boy in senior year of collage arrogant rude and foulmouthed he don't do relationships he was never the one to liste...