The Showstopper

By BabeLoRegui

Lauren Jauregui always had a life long dream of making it to Broadway and to do that, audition to attend NYU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
New Story
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Final)

Chapter 29 (Part 2)

4.9K 113 54
By BabeLoRegui

Lauren's POV

Today was the day. The day I've been waiting for since I got to high school. Tonight, I was going to perform my first musical at South Miami High. For the past four months, the cast has worked and rehearsed our asses off. It was so much longer and harder than any other show I've ever worked on to be honest. Dance didn't even compare. We put in many hours and much dedication into almost 70 rehearsals and now it was time to show it off.

"You ready for tonight, Lauren?" Shawn asked as he came over to me at my locker this morning.

"I think so. Ready as I'll ever be," I said unsure about my nerves.

"You're gonna do so well. You've been working so hard and I know you're gonna kill it," he assured.

"Thanks, dude," I smiled weakly. "You too."

"Hi, Lauren," Camila came over to me.

"Well, if it isn't my...friend coming over to say hi to me outside in the hallway after like a month," I grinned.

"I know, I missed it. I finally got Dorito boy off my back and we can just talk like old times."

"Come here," I opened my arms and she hugged me. Her arms felt like home and I just wanted to stay in them forever.

"I missed your hugs too. You give the best ones," she sighed, burying her head underneath my chin like how she used to.

"You too," I breathed, taking her scent that I always loved. "Don't you look cute," I complimented once we pulled away. She was dressed in white ripped pants and a maroon ribbed funnel neck top.

"Do I?" she spun around. Wow, really cute.

"Yeah," I nodded, grinning.

"But I love this shirt. It's so cool," she opened up my jacket, revealing my black "less bullshit" top.

"Thanks," I chuckled, not even realizing I was staring at her lips.

She stared back until she spoke up, "So, you're ready to go?"

"Uhh...what?" I looked back up to her eyes.

"Ready to go to homeroom?" she chuckled.

"Yeah, sure," I lightly smirked.

It was really hard throughout the day to not put my arm over Camila's shoulder, hold her hand, waist, and kiss her on the cheek, lips, and head. It used to be second nature for me to do those things and now I just felt awkward without showing my affection. But I had to stay strong and do what was right.

"Hey, guys," I greeted Ariana, Brad and The Vamps, Justin, Shawn, Troye, Luke, Jai, Ally, and Normani at the lunch table. Damn, a lot of people sat here now. "So, since Camila's dad is cool with her speaking to me and even dating when we're ready, then she might be able to go to New York." My close friends all knew about Camila's surprise birthday party which was going to be tomorrow night at the cast party. I was talking to them quietly now since Camila was still in the lunch line with Dinah.

"Oh yeah and it's not for another two months so her mom will definitely come around then," Normani said.

"Hopefully. Camz said her mom needed more convincing."

"It'll probably happen," Ally spoke. "And I'm sure her dad will just let her go."

"I hope that too. I don't know, I guess we'll just see," I said, opening my lunch bag.

"Hey, I'm glad to be back," Camila grinned happily as she sat down next to me.

"So nice of you to be back, Mila," Normani smiled.

"I missed you guys," Camila said to the guys. "All of you."

"Missed you too, Walz," Justin said.

"Hey, that's my nickname for her, Bieber," Dinah glared.

"Hello, Ariana," the Cuban brunette greeted quietly.

"Hi, Camila, nice to see you. I know we may have started off on the wrong foot but Lauren's friends are my friends," Ariana reached out to shake Camila's hand which she did.

"Aww yay. We're all friends now," I beamed, making the others laugh.

"Yeah, I think things are finally getting better again," Camila claimed.

"Thank God. And we picked up more people along the way," I said, referring to Ariana, Brad and his band, Luke and Jai. They were added to our close group.

"It's been so nice other than the fact that senior year is almost over," Ariana frowned.

"Oh yeah. We only have two more months. It goes by so fast," Normani pouted.

"Where are you going to college, Ariana?" Camila asked.

"I'm not. I'm actually moving to LA for when I get signed," she grinned proudly.

"You're getting signed? To where?" the brown-eyed girl questioned with wide eyes.

"Republic Records. And Lauren, they liked the 'Dangerous Woman' video," she winked, making me blush.

"Th-that's great," I shyly smirked. "Brad, where are you going to college?" I quickly turned to him.

"I'm going back to England with the boys," he answered, now causing my eyes to widen at the news.

"What?" everyone gasped.

"Yeah, I think we might get signed out there," he elaborated and the boys nodded.

"That's great, guys," I high-fived them.

I was so proud of my talented friends. It was like everyone's dreams were coming true.

"What about Taylor?" I turned towards Camila.

"Well, she's back today," she answered. Taylor had been in New York for the past week and a half since she was doing some work for the modeling agencies she had just signed with.

"Yeah, how did it go for her in New York?" I asked.

"Good. I think she's gonna get some really great work this year. The people there love her."

"Great for her," I grinned softly.

After Camila and I's discussion on Saturday, she actually talked to Taylor about it while she was out of town. Camila told her that she was still in love with me and that she just wanted to be friends with Taylor. It sounded a little heartbreaking to be honest since I knew Taylor liked Camila. But thankfully Taylor understood and knew even if they did date, it wouldn't last since she would be working and traveling a lot. I felt kind of sorry for her but hey, Camila was mine even though we were being friends.

_______________________

"Tonight's the night," Diggins started. "The big opening night for those of you in the musical. I hope you're all prepared and ready. You've worked so hard and I'm so proud of each and every one of you. I know tonight will be worth it," she smiled. "Today's class will just be a free period for both sides. Actors, you can relax, drink tea, look over scripts, rehearse anything you'd like and the other side, relax as well and do whatever."

"So, have the nerves you hit you yet?" Camila turned toward me.

"Nope. Not till probably I change," I said.

"Ah alright. Last minute nerves...interesting," she smirked.

I laughed, "What about you?"

"I'm actually good too. I thought I'd be freaking out all day but I just can't feel it yet."

"Not too good though, right? Some nerves are beneficial for a good performance," I pointed, acting concerned.

"Yeah, but we've been working so hard on this thing and I'm just excited to finally perform it."

"Ugh me too. I know I said Les Mis was one of my faves, but I'm not seeing this thing on Broadway for at least another year."

"Aww you aren't going to miss the box office guy?" she giggled. I knew him quite well since I always went there for tickets.

"Roger? Eh he'll be alright. We'll just get coffee sometime," I laughed.

_____________________

Camila's POV

"Ready for your big opening night?" Taylor asked once I sat down in the chair for makeup.

"I guess," I sighed. The nerves were now hitting me. "But I'm getting quite nervous now."

"Well, from what I've seen, I think you're going to own it. You're so talented, Milz, and you deserve all the success," Taylor praised.

"Thank you so much, Tay," I smiled. Even though we weren't going to date, Taylor was still incredibly sweet and a nice friend. "You know, maybe we can hang out this summer?"

"Maybe, but as you know, I'm going to be working a lot. I've got booked for a few things already in LA, Paris, and London that start in late May after graduation. And then it just keeps getting busier."

"Aww that's gonna be tiring," I frowned as she finished applying foundation.

"It is but it's my dream," she grinned. "But I'll definitely come and visit you whenever I'm in New York."

"You better," I teased.

____________________

"Hey," Lauren walked in kind of awkwardly. The show was going to start in 30 minutes but we didn't have to go on for another hour after that.

"Hey, you look nice," I complimented her in her Eponine costume.

"Thanks, so do you."

"Thank you, even in this dress," I chuckled while looking down at my very old fashioned dress for my first scene. "Nervous, now?" I asked.

"Yeah," she sighed, sitting down on the couch. "I'm using Squeezy to help calm down," she squeezed her stress ball.

"Aww." I went over to sit by her and took her hand in mine.

She slowly looked down at them, then up to meet my eyes. All of a sudden, I as well looked into her eyes and down to her lips. Butterflies instantly filled my stomach just like how they used to when I looked at Lauren like this. She looked so kissable.

"You really look beautiful, Lauren," I said softly. Oh God, I wanted her. I missed her.

"You do too, Camila," she whispered and I leaned in even closer.

"Hey, Camren!" Dinah boomed into the dressing room, startling the shit out of me.

"Dinah, what are you doing here?" I instantly backed off.

"I can't wish my best friends good luck?" she crossed her arms.

"Well...I guess you can," I murmured.

"Ohhhhh was I interrupting something?" she gasped.

"I...I don't..." I grew nervous, now looking at Lauren. Dammit why did I do this?

"It's fine, Dinah. Thank you," Lauren nodded and went out of the room. Shit.

"I'm such an idiot," I sighed, slumping back down onto the couch.

"Sorry, Walz, I didn't realize," she apologized, sitting down next to me.

"No, you're fine. It was me. I was leaning in to kiss Lauren which was so stupid of me."

"Aw, Chanch," she rubbed my back. "It's alright."

"This past week has been so hard actually. It's nice that we're talking but I can't help but look at her like she's the only girl in the world. I miss being affectionate," I explained sadly. "And those lips were right there...ugh I'm a mess."

"It's tough. You know how hard it was not being able to see Theo for two months? I can't see him during the day already but when he went away on that study abroad trip, I was so sad."

"Yeah, you were in love with him but could barely speak to him while he was in Australia. And Lauren's here with me but I can't be with her even though I really want to."

"Yeah...but it always gets better. I have him back and you're going to get Lauren back. She's going to get better and you'll be back together before you know it. Keep being strong for her and for yourself. It's going to pay off. You're going to get that happy ending," she pulled me into a hug.

"I hope so," I quietly whined.

"You will. And you're going to get married and have beautiful babies," she giggled. Of course she had to throw that in there.

"You and your Camren fantasies," I shook my head. "But....true," we laughed.

"Oh that reminds me, I probably should get back to Theo," Dinah got up. "He's been waiting in the audience with the others."

"Yeah, I should go too. The cast and crew all have to meet together."

"Good luck. You can do this," Dinah hugged me once more then left. I always felt so lucky to have a great friend like her.

"Hi, Mini Me. Excited to go on tonight?" I spoke to Riley who was 9 and played Young Cosette.

"Yeah!" she cheered then ran off with Sarah who played Young Eponine. We did our huddle and chant and the show was going to start in about 5 minutes.

"Aww, look at our mini me's," Lauren smiled, walking over to me after witnessing that exchange.

"I wish I was as good as them when I was their age," I remarked. Those two were young but they were already well trained in musical theater. That went for all the kids in this production.

"Yeah, super talented," she agreed.

I looked at her, debating if I should apologize for what happened in the dressing room. "Lauren, what happened in there, I'm so sor—"

"It's alright, Camz. I know," she interrupted.

"Sorry. It's just...hard," I sighed.

"It is. But it's okay. We'll get through it," she shyly smiled. I still kind of felt bad but just left it alone.

"Go get em, Shawny," Lauren and I hugged Shawn and the rest of the boys who were the prisoners in the first scene.

"My last opening night at South Miami," he sighed. "But thanks, kid," he said, causing me to roll my eyes at the nickname.

With that, the lights went up and we heard the orchestra with the first number. We listened to Shawn and Justin sing which sounded cute but outstanding of course. They really sounded like professionals and even the rest of the cast. By the end of Act One, Lauren and I were out there and performed our hearts out. I watched her godly numbers from the wings as she sang "On My Own" and "Little Fall of Rain," making me tear up. She was truly amazing.

Les Misérables was honestly so much fun and the best musical I've done thus far. The hard work had paid off and I laid it all on the line. It was a very long and difficult show to do but we did it and nailed the first night. Everyone did amazing and we got the full house giving us a standing ovation at curtain call. Moments like these reminded me why I did this. This was all I wanted to do for the rest of my life. Performing and entertaining people, becoming the best musical theater actress I could be.

______________________________

Lauren's POV

The show was doing wonderful. We had sold out shows for both Friday and Saturday night which was unbelievable and the audience said we did great. I don't think I've ever had this much fun in my whole life. Being in this musical was the highlight of my high school career hands down.

"You slayed again, Laur!" Dinah, Normani, and Ally tackled me in a hug after the show was over and we met out in the lobby.

"Thanks, chickens!" I hugged them.

"Here are some more flowers," Normani gave me.

"Guys, you didn't have to get me moreeee," I whined in awe at the roses.

"Yes we did, you little Broadway star," Dinah complimented. "You always gave us flowers at our competitions."

"Tanks," I smiled.

"Where's Mila?" Dinah asked.

"Oh, with her family," I pointed over to her. She was with her parents and Sofi who were actually talking to her. Well, obviously Sofi but her mom and dad too. It was nice to know they were getting better especially now during the show weekend. They were really talking and laughing along like they used to. And the best thing was that I called Mr. Cabello last night and talked to him about inviting Camila to New York with the girls and I. And he said yes to it! I was so relieved and grateful. Her mom didn't know yet but they would tell her soon. I was just glad she was at least allowed to go.

"Aww so things are well now?" the Polynesian asked.

"Yeah. Her mom's getting there but she's definitely a lot better after their talk last night. I'm so happy that she can come to New York with us even though her dad's still not sure about the living situation for next year, but we'll get there." They nodded. "And Camila's coming tonight to the party so that's good," I smiled. Thank the heavens because if she couldn't, I would have wasted a shit ton of money on decorations and cake. I set that all up this morning at Justin's house.

"Yay!" Normani beamed. "We'll be there."

"Really?" I chuckled.

"What do you mean really? We always go to the company parties," Dinah furrowed her brows.

"Yeah but this is a cast party," I said.

"So?" Dinah laughed. There was no stopping them. They went to any party they could find.

"Aw, Lauren's all happy now that she can go to the cast parties since she's in the cast," Normani teased, pinching my cheeks. "You cute."

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes, pushing her hand away. "Plus it's Camz's surprise party so basically everyone's coming. I'm so excited," I squealed.

"Yeah, she's gonna be so happy once you give her your present," Ally smiled. "I'm gonna record her reaction!"

"You do that," I laughed at the shorty.

"Alright, when does it start again?" Dinah asked.

"Well, you have to be there ASAP at Justin's before 9:30 when Camila and I arrive. Justin will explain it more once you get there but be there before 9:30." I told them.

"Roger that, Ralph," Dinah saluted. "We're gonna gather our stuff and leave right away."

"Okay. See you guys!" I waved as they left.

"Hey, Laur," Camila walked over to me.

"Hey," I smiled at her. "How were your parents?"

"Good," she nodded. "They liked the show for the second night and they're probably coming tomorrow to the matinée."

"Really? That's awesome!"

"Yeah, things are really getting better," she smiled and I felt so happy for her.

"Really great, Camz. "Ready to go to the party?"

"Yep."

I took a little longer to pack my stuff and do things in the dressing room to stall Camila and I.

"Come on, Laur. We're gonna be late! People are already there," Camila whined while she waiting for me on the couch in the dressing room.

"Okay, just have to organize my outfits," I smirked while fidgeting with the wardrobe.

"We're gonna be here tomorrowwww," she groaned.

It was nearing 9:20 so it was probably now a good time to leave since Justin's house was about 10 minutes away.

"Alright, perfect! Let's go!"

We drove in my car, having a blast blaring the Wicked soundtrack and belting out all the lyrics. But I found myself nervous as we were approaching the house. I was about to throw Camila a surprise birthday party and give her a pretty huge, exciting present. Hopefully this would be appropriate since we were just friends right now. But friends did this stuff too, right? Two minutes before we arrived, I shot Justin a text, letting him know we would be there in a sec and that everyone should hide.

"Yes, finally we're here," Camila quickly rushed out of the car once we parked outside Justin's house.

"Wait, Camz!" I ran to catch up with her before she could open the door.

"I got the door," I smiled and opened it for her.

I watched with an amused expression while Camila cautiously stepped inside the house. "Wait, why is it so dark?" she chuckled curiously.

"I don't know," I teasingly lied.

"SURPRISE!" everyone in the room yelled as the lights went on. At least 80 people were here as it was the cast, crew, and other friends. There were lights all around the room with the balloons and decorations I set up. And the stage looked all ready to be used.

"Oh my God!" Camila gasped and held her chest as I laughed at her cute reaction.

"Surprise, Camz!" I threw my arms up and stepped more into the house. "Happy birthday!"

"What?! This is a surprise party for me?!" she gasped again.

"Yes!" I jumped.

"Happy birthday, Walz!" Dinah, Normani, and Ally ran over to her, crushing her into a hug like they did to me earlier. It was their thing.

"You guys!" she squeezed each of them back.

"Happy birthday, Mila!" Shawn, Justin, and Troye came over to her next.

"Thank you so much!"

"This goes out to the birthday girl!" Brad announced into the microphone and The Vamps started playing their song called "Oh Cecilia" but changed it to "Oh Camila" which was super cute. Shawn was also up there with his guitar, joining in on the second verse since he co-wrote the song with them. Everyone all danced and sang along with the music having a blast.

Happy birthday, dear Camila

Happy birthday to you

Everyone sang to Camila while around her massive birthday cake. She blew out the candles, looking adorable in her tiara and fairy wings. Such a beautiful sight.

"Thank you so much for all of this," she pulled me into a hug once the attention died down from her and people dispersed.

"Me?" I smirked, melting into it.

"Yeah, I know you put this all together," she pulled away.

"Well, yeah," I chuckled. "But I wanted to do this for you especially after your pretty miserable birthday last week. You deserved a celebration."

"You're the sweetest," she hugged again.

"I also have another little present for you," I smiled as I was about ready to get the rest of the girls.

"Really? No, Lauren, please," she shook her head.

"Too late," I chuckled. "Girls? Ready?" I went over to Dinah, Normani, and Ally.

"Yes! I got my camera ready!" Ally squealed and we walked back over to Camila.

"Okay...one, two, three, WE'RE ALL GOING TO NEW YORK!" we all shouted in unison.

"Huh?" Camila instantly furrowed her eyebrows.

"We're inviting you to come to New York with us in May!" I exclaimed clearer.

"Uh-w-wait, really?!" her eyes quickly lighted up.

"Yeah! And your dad said yes! You can go!"

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it!" Now she was the one that tackled us in a group hug.

"Aww! Yay, great reaction!" Ally gave us a thumbs up as she ended her video.

"I love you guys!" Camila beamed.

"Hey, love this girl," Normani pointed to me, smirking.

"I do," Camila nuzzled into me like how she used to.

"And I got tickets to almost all the musicals that are opening this season," I grinned down at her.

"You didn't," she gaped at me. "Well, I'm not surprised actually," she shrugged laughing.

"True," I shrugged as well.

"Yeah...you two can do your Broadway stuff while us three shop till we drop!" Dinah hung her arms around Normani and Ally.

"But aren't you guys apartment hunting too?" Camila asked us.

"Yeah, but you can still come and maybe...if we talk some more with your parents, you'll be able to live with us," I said.

"I really hope so," the brunette slightly frowned.

"Well, we'll chat about it later. Let's have fun," I quickly turned the mood around.

We talked and danced some more to the DJ's and our friends' music including Ariana's amazing song "Focus." We all had a ball with everyone. Honestly, it was the best party I've been to probably...ever. Or at least in a long time. The first party where I wasn't sad or well, drunk and high at. It felt good not being like that and I just enjoyed myself being sober not really feeling the pressure of wanting to drink even though some people were. My close friends were too but they kept it subtle around me and only sipped their cups when they were away from me. I didn't mind if they did it near me but either way it was all good.

"Hey, Camz, if you want to drink, then you should," I told Camila. She was with me most of the night and saw her eye some of our friends' drinks, asking what they were and stuff.

"Are you sure? No, I'm okay, Laur. I don't want to do that to you," she shook her head.

"I'm fine. It's your party," I nudged. "Have a little drink."

"Sure you're okay?"

"Perfectly," I smiled. I didn't want her to feel bad and think that she couldn't drink around me.

"Be right back," she softly smirked.

By 11 pm, the party got even bigger as more kids outside the cast and crew were showing up. There had to be at least 200 people by now. I didn't know who invited all of them but I guess Justin was okay with it since he was having fun. That liar, he said it was going to be small. Oh well. It was not going to slow down anytime soon.

"Heyyy, Laur," Camila slurred.

"Hey, Ralphy," Dinah also kind of slurred.

"What shot are you guys on?" I chuckled as we were over by the kitchen and they were taking shots.

"Our fourth but this will be our last for a while," Dinah said.

"Aww," Camila pouted.

"Mila, you can't pass out early at your own birthday party...or make out with people you aren't attracted to," we softly laughed.

"Or people who aren't attracted to you," I joked more.

"True," she agreed.

"Okay, Walz, cheers to 18!" the two clanked glasses and downed the...tequila? Oh shit.

"Was that tequila?" I asked with widened eyes.

"Yeah, why?" Dinah raised an eyebrow.

"Uhh...n-nothing." I all of a sudden felt uneasy. I haven't seen a bottle of tequila since that one night when I passed out and got alcohol poisoning from too many shots of it. But I had to breathe and let it go.

"Don't worry, this was our only shot of it," Dinah assured. "We won't have anymore." I guess that was okay and they weren't really drunk. "Great job, Chanch, I'll see you two around, Imma go find my man."

"See ya, DJ," I waved. "Camz? Wanna go back out into the living room?"

"Yeah," she nodded and I led her out of the kitchen to the dance floor.

"Are you having fun?" I asked her once we were near the stage again.

"Of course, are you?"

"Absolutely," I obviously stated.

"Sorry that we're getting a little drunk now," she leaned in closer to me.

"It's okay, I don't mind. It's a party, this happens."

"You've been doing so well handling it all. I know it must not be easy," she unexpectedly wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Uh...sometimes it's hard but I'm getting better," I said softly, getting quite nervous at our proximity. Our lips were nearly inches away and I could tell she was looking at mine.

"Hey, Lauren, we're about to play you a song," Brad tapped my shoulder, making me slightly push Camila away.

"Oh, okay, cool," I waved not thinking much of it.

"This is a new song and we've never played it before. It's dedicated to one of our dear friends. Here's 'I Found a Girl!'" Brad announced on the stage and The Vamps started to play.

"Ooh yay! Let's dance!" Camila squealed and brought us closer to the front of the stage.

This girl moved into my apartment

One look at her my heart was stopping

I did whatever she was asking

She said "Maybe later, catch you in the elevator"

A couple days we got to hanging

Since now she wasn't even taken

I made a move she said "Baby you're mistaken, I'm not into bacon"

She got that smile and that body is to die for

One of a kind and that's why it makes me cry

Cause I found a girl who's in love with a girl

She said that she tried, but she's not into guys

Oh, why? Tell me why did I fall for those eyes?

She said I was nice, but she's not into guys

I found a girl

The song was a bop and I laughed at how this was definitely about me. I found a girl who's in love with a girl? I actually felt honored.

"They crack me up," I chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Camila asked with furrowed brows.

"Tell you later," I smirked.

I should've known to walk away then

I should've left it alone

But when she'd call me on the phone

We'd be hanging again under the premise of friends

But now she only talks to me about some other woman

She says

She got that smile and that body is to die for

One of a kind and that's why it makes me cry

Cause I found a girl who's in love with a girl

She said that she tried, but she's not into guys

Oh, why? Tell me why did I fall for those eyes?

She said I was nice, but she's not into guys

I found a girl

I found a girl

Just then while their friend Omi came up to sing the bridge, Brad called Camila and I onto the stage and we happily accepted.

She putting up her defense

Cause her recent pushed her over the deep end

Now the girls are coming over for the weekend

If you didn't get an invitation, she will resend

Slumber party, no boys allowed

Bring out the dog, yeah, toys are allowed

No Tom, no Harry, no [?] allowed

Can't believe that I found a girl

All our friends were up on the stage at this point dancing and singing along.

Cause I found a girl who's in love with a girl

She said that she tried, but she's not into guys

Oh, why? Tell me why did I fall for those eyes?

She said I was nice, but she's not into guys

I found a girl

Found a girl who's in love with a girl

She said that she tried, but she's not into guys

Oh, why? Tell me why did I fall for those eyes?

She said I was nice, but she's not into guys

I found a girl

"You guys want to sing 'Somebody To You' with us?" Brad asked once the song finished.

"Hell yeah!" the girls and I grabbed microphones and joined with The Vamps in the second verse on their song. We sang the night away having the time our lives.

___________________________

"Sleep tight, Camz and Dinah," I tucked my friends into the guest bed at Justin's house. It was 2 am and they were pretty drunk and so thankfully their parents let them spend the night since it was so late. And that was also good so that they wouldn't get caught. They were the only ones who got drunk, Normani, Justin and the rest only getting buzzed, so I helped take care of them, giving them snacks and water. Pretty much everyone had left by 1:30 as we did have another show at 2 pm today that we needed to be focused and ready for. Probably shouldn't have let Camila, one of our female leads, take six shots but too late now. At least she was fine and didn't pass out.

"Night, Lolo," Camila softly said for the fifth time since she crawled into bed. Dinah was long gone passed out.

"Night, Camz," I giggled quietly again, looking at her features.

"Thank you for everything," she sleepily said with her eyes closed, reaching out for my hand.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you had fun," I took her hand in mine and rubbed the back of it with my thumb.

"Night, Lolo," she said for another time.

"Goodnight, Camz," I lightly squeezed her hand and got up and made my way out the door until I heard her say something else.

"I love you," she whispered with her eyes still closed. My heart stopped for a minute. I honestly didn't know what to say to that. I mean, I told her I loved her countless times and even when we were broken up and restarted our friendship. But this time was different. I obviously knew she really meant it since she said it at the last party but it was still a little surprising yet flattering to hear.

I just smirked and closed the door. I loved her too but I couldn't say it back...not yet.

_______________________

"Man, some party that was," Dinah breathed as we entered the dressing room. It was noon, call time for the matinée performance. I had just met up with Dinah and Camila as Justin brought them over to the school from his house. I got clothes from their houses and brought them to them. Camila went and got changed into her costume while Dinah and I hung out in the dressing room.

"How many hours of sleep did you get?" I asked.

"A good 8 hours actually."

"Oh, that's good," I got my costume from the rack.

"Yeah, good thing too since Mila would need it."

"Definitely. Wow, I can't believe this is the last show," I sighed, looking around the room.

"Aw, Lauser, this is your last musical in high school," Dinah smiled sympathetically.

"Oh my God, I can't believe it. The next musical I'll be doing will be in college," I took a seat on the couch.

"Oh how time flies," Dinah sat next to me.

"...Did Camila talk to you this morning about me?" I wondered.

"Yeah, but just the same old cute shit."

"Like what?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"Well, last night while I was tucking you guys in, she said..."

"What'd she say?" the blonde poked me.

"She said she loved me," I softly smiled.

"Ah dammit my heart just melted," Dinah clutched her heart as I laughed. "So, what did you say? Did you say it back?"

"No...she just said it without thinking clearly and while half asleep."

"But you do know she meant it, right?"

"Yeah, I know. And I kind of wanted to say it back but I just...I just couldn't. I mean, not yet at least."

"How much longer? She wants you so bad, Lo. What she told me this morning was how much fun she had last night and how thoughtful and sweet you were for doing that for her. She wished she could have told you how thankful she was last night and how that was like the nicest thing anyone's ever done for her. Camila still can't stop talking about you and really does love you. She tells me that everyday."

I just looked down in my lap after hearing those words. "I love her so much."

"So...get back together?"

"It's still too soon though. I want to but I just can't yet," I frowned.

"Well, why don't you ask her on a date?"

"A date?"

"Yeah, before making it official, take her out on a date or dates like how you did before you became official the first time," Dinah advised.

"Hmmm...do you think that'd be okay?"

"Yes, and that will make little Camz so happy," she grinned.

"That's Mila to you," I pointed.

"Whatever, Lauser. Go get changed," she pushed me.

As I changed and got makeup done, I thought a lot about what Dinah said. Maybe I should date Camila. It wouldn't mean that we would be girlfriends but just see each other like how we did before. We obviously wanted to be more than friends and it was getting harder every day being that. We still looked at each other in such a way that was a lot more than just friendly. I wanted her too and this could be good a step into getting back together.

The musical was going on and doing so well. Probably the best run we've ever done which was good since it was the last. I was really going to miss this musical. All I've ever wanted was to be a part of one and I was so fortunate into getting to do this one. I'll never forget the great memories and great friends I've made from this.

It was the end of the show and we were singing the finale song which was first between Shawn, Camila, Austin, Ariana, and I. When the chorus started joining us with the last "Do You Hear the People Sing?" we all got up and walked over by them, Camila right next to me. I glanced at her a few times and she looked at me and took my hand in hers. We sang to each other, smiling and I realized she had still been crying from the death scene. I had this sudden urge to comfort her immediately and then another urge that was so powerful. I looked into her eyes, wiped her tears, leaned in and while everyone sang "tomorrow comes," I kissed her. It was quick but it basically stopped the show.

The crowd went silent and didn't applaud for a few seconds until Dinah got up out of her seat.

"Yaaas Camren!!" she applauded. "Woooo! Give it up!" Then the other girls got up and applauded as well, causing the rest of the audience to finally do so.

Camila and I were frozen stiff and I was utterly shocked that I had just done that. I just waved awkwardly and the cast sped off for curtain call.

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry, Camz," I breathed once we were backstage.

"I...I don't know what to say," she said still in shock too.

"I didn't mean to do that...I was just caught up and...I-I don't know," I panicked.

"Oh, well—"

"Come on, guys," one of the crew members tugged on my arm to tell us we had to go bow.

"We'll talk later," I rushed away.

We did our curtain call how we rehearsed and did the thank you's to Mrs. Diggins, assistant directors, the crew, designers/artists, orchestra, student directors, and everyone else one who helped with the show. It was a lot. They also gave flowers to the seniors which made me tear up a little. It was a nice wrap up to an unforgettable experience.

"Quite the showstopper, Jauregui," Normani smirked as I met up with everyone in the lobby.

"That's what Diggins said," I chuckled, blushing.

"I can't yet can believed you kissed Camila out there," she enthused.

"Me too to be honest. I don't know, I just felt it and went for it. I have no words to describe it. She looked like she needed to be comforted and loved and it just happened," I shrugged.

"Was Diggins mad?"

"Not entirely. Since it was at the very end and last performance, she let it slide but she doesn't want me to do anything like that again," I cheekily grinned. "She also said it gave the audience something to think about."

"Well, they thought a lot. I heard everyone talking about it as they were leaving."

"What'd they say?"

"They were surprised but some of them thought it was cute," she smiled.

"Really? Wow," I sighed.

"Have you talked to Camila about it?"

"Not very much yet but I will," I looked over at her to where she was talking with her parents. Luckily, they didn't look upset. They all looked quite happy and pleased especially little Sofi.

After I talked with my own family about the little stunt which amused them, I went backstage to help strike. We had to strike the stage, clean, and pack up everything. It took about two hours since we had a shit ton of stuff we used for the show. We put things into boxes to be sent home, put things in storage, and organized.

Once we were done, the whole cast and crew were going out for dinner since it was already around 7 pm. But I had something different planned.

"Camz?" I got to her just in time as she was getting ready to leave the dressing room.

"Hey," she turned around.

"Are you going out with everyone? I thought that maybe we could go somewhere and talk about...you know," I lowered my gaze.

"Uh...yeah sure, we can do that," she agreed.

Instead of going into downtown like the rest, Camila and I settled for a picnic outside in our neighborhood park. We picked up a pizza and enjoyed it on a blanket on the grass.

"This reminds me of our first picnic date," she chuckled with her pizza in her hand.

"Yeah," I lightly laughed. "So, what happened on stage..." I started.

"It's fine, Lauren. I know you didn't mean it. You got caught up and it just happened," Camila paused me, looking a little hurt. I probably shouldn't have said that because I didn't mean those words.

"Well, I did actually mean it," I explained, causing her to look at me curiously.

"Y-you did?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that I didn't when I did. I just...you looked so beautiful on stage and when I saw you crying, I just wanted to kiss it away," I whispered.

"That's really sweet, but you know that I wasn't crying because I was sad, right?"

"I know but still. I just couldn't help myself. I really wanted to kiss and comfort you," I weakly smiled.

"Thank you," she smiled back but I could tell she was still a bit sad. I did kiss her but we weren't dating. And I knew she wanted to be. "But also, Lauren..."

"We're not in a relationship," I filled in.

"We're not and I mean, I'm not mad and like I said, thank you for comforting me but I'm confused. You kissed me and that's still affection on a level that's more than friendly."

"I know and I've been thinking about that...and I want to date you," I said seriously.

"Date me?"

"Yes, date. Camila, I'm still not sure if I can be in an exclusive relationship with you yet but clearly we're having trouble resisting the urge to, you know, kiss and be very close with one another. We still look at each other like we're in love and I know that's always been the case but there's so much tension that it's too hard to just be friends. I know you still love me as you told me last night—"

"I told you last night?" she interrupted.

"Yeah, last night while I was tucking you into bed, you said that you loved me. You were out of it and almost asleep but I knew you meant it. And Dinah told me today how much you still talk about me and well...love me." I loved Camila too but I already kissed her and didn't want to "tease" her more. I already felt bad. I will say it again soon though.

"Dinah," she sighed in frustration at our friend.

"A loud mouth I know," I chuckled.

"Okay. Yes, I still love you and I'm really sorry you had to hear that, but what's your point? You want to date me but don't want to?" she shook her head still confused.

"I want to take you out and see each other, just on dates. Like how we used to before we first became girlfriends," I explained.

"Oh..." she now started to get it.

"But just that. We can't do anything beyond just dating."

"Would dating include kissing?"

"Well, yeah. That's kind of the reason why I want to date you. I missed kissing you, being close to you, just being with you more than just at school."

She grinned, "So, what's the difference between that and being in a relationship?"

"I think relationships are more about exclusiveness, giving, and receiving. You know, a oneness and partnership. Dating's just seeing each other and testing out if we want to be committed to one another. Even though I know we will be, we've obviously done it before."

"So, we're just going to go out and casually date."

"Yeah and I think it'll be good for us too. We need that before we become official. This is our restart and we gotta do the steps into getting to where we want to be in the long run."

Camila thought about it for a few moments. "I agree."

"So, what do you say? Will you go on a date with me, Camz?" I smirked.

"Of course," she tackled me into a hug. "I can still kiss you, right?"

"Be my guest," I excitedly nodded. With that, she cupped my face and pressed her soft lips against mine.

"Wow, I really missed kissing you too," she sighed, making my heart explode.

Before it got too heated, we pulled away and went back to our pizza. So, right now Camila and I weren't girlfriends but we were more than friends which was good for us. It felt right moving onto this next level and it's only going up from here.

A/N: There are only like two chapters left and it might be split into parts like this but I'm not sure yet. But as this story nears its ending, I'm thinking about a sequel? I have a few ideas about a plot for it but I don't want to write it if no one's interested lol. So, would y'all want a sequel? And if so, what kinds of things would you want to see? I know they'll already be in college. Leave suggestions!

Thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments!

Twitter & Tumblr: BabeLoRegui

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1.8K 57
For years, I've dreamt of what college life could bring and while some things changed, there was always one constant. It didn't matter how wild I a...
2.3M 51.3K 70
What happens when Camila Cabello meets her celebrity crush Lauren Jauregui?
55.7K 2.3K 53
It was a story of an average girl named Lauren. She graduated from college and started a job that people thought was one of the most boring jobs in t...
63.2K 1.5K 4
Camila and Lauren love each other but don't know how to deal with it (mostly Lauren though). Best friends to lovers AU ...