Supernatural Abilities

By upthere

Of all the things on Taylor Buckley's agenda, developing superpowers was not one of them. One day she was a n... More

Prologue
Chapter One - The Dream
Chapter Two - The Beginning
Chapter Three - The Explanation
Chapter Four - The Encounter
Chapter Five - The Drive
Chapter Six - The Meeting
Chapter Seven - The Placement Exam
Chapter Eight - The Introduction
Chapter Nine - The Training
Chapter Ten - The Match
Chapter Eleven - The Backstory
Chapter Twelve - The Girlfriend
Chapter Thirteen - The Darkness
Chapter Fourteen - The Marking
Chapter Fifteen - The Announcement
Chapter Sixteen - The New Instructor
Chapter Seventeen - The Proof
Chapter Eighteen - The Memory
Chapter Nineteen - The News
Chapter Twenty - The Hotel
Chapter Twenty-One - The Electric
Chapter Twenty-Two - The Catchers
Chapter Twenty-Three - The Reason
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Apology
Chapter Twenty-Five - The Vision
Chapter Twenty-Six - The Break
Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Jealousy
Chapter Twenty-Eight - The Sketchbook
Chapter Twenty-Nine - The Sirens
Chapter Thirty - The Power
Chapter Thirty-One - The Exams
Chapter Thirty-Two - The Invasion
Chapter Thirty-Three - The Leader
Chapter Thirty-Four - The Aftermath
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Safe
Epilogue
Cole's POV - Body Over Mind

FAQ + Cast List

19.4K 617 292
By upthere

AN: As many of you already figured out, I took down the original version of SA and CTC as of yesterday, 4/20. I have had many people getting angry about that series not being continued despite them explaining that this new version will cover the entire series into much more detail. While I know many of you loved those books,  I feel like they misrepresent me as a writer and don't want those to potentially hold me back once I get into the processing of attempting to publish.  Not only that, I don't want them holding back other readers from enjoying the new version, as many people are getting them confused or refusing to even read the new ones because they insist they'll only like the original. Say what you will, but they were honestly very badly written, hahaha. They are currently unpublished, so they could always be put up again but I do not plan to do that anytime soon. I'm sorry to any fans of them, but it was time for them to go.

ALSO, when I was doing this, wattpad decided to unpublish and republish some other stories, including SA. Having to go back and fix everything was a total hassle and gave all of you a ton of notifications, saying that I posted 30 chapters in one day. SO, I'm so sorry about that!! I'll make it up by posting two chapters next week :)

And onto the questions!! 

"Which element would you like to be?" @grizlycody

I've been asked this question before and I've actually answered it in the comments! But I would be a Mind. This is also why Taylor is one because I cannot write a character that I don't relate with. She was actually going to be a Water originally but after a few chapters, I had to change her entire character because I just couldn't do it.

"Are you one if the characters in this book? What power would you choose? Why did you decide to write this book? Who made the characters?" @herokaty

(This question is also answered before: "what inspired you to write this book?" @mysterysoulstealer and "Where did you get the idea for this story?" @riflegirl597)

I wouldn't say that I'm a character in the book, but, as said above, I relate with Taylor quite a lot. I'm the one who made my characters, but many of them are based off of people in my normal everyday life. One of the main things is that Taylor and Cole's relationship (Caylor!!) is TOTALLY based off of my own relationship with my boyfriend. So all you guys begging them to be together was basically our friends a few years ago, haha. 

I decided to write this book because I've always been infatuated with elemental powers and really wanted to make a book that explored that. As many of you know, I began writing this series when I was thirteen and my original vision only included one book with the 'school' aspect in mind. However, now you can see that I had definitely expanded that concept to include Catchers, the Big Six, Katherine, and more training than actually schooling, especially in this version. This whole series started off as some little idea but I was able to create a whole world within a few months. This is the main reason why I wanted to rewrite the series. I didn't have enough planning the first time, or writing experience, so everything was really choppy! I'm liking this version a whole lot more :)

"How different is this revised version compared to the original?" @honeyH4

Let's just put it this way.... By this chapter in the original book, Cole and Taylor had already done the dirty. 0-100 REAL QUICK.

This book is much more detailed. The other one is just bam bam bam, plot hole here and plot hole there, something that makes no sense everywhere. I didn't give myself a chance to build up the characters and Taylor and Cole basically got together within a week of knowing each other and an hour after Cole broke up with Vanessa. I just wrote to produce a response out of people, which is not the way to go. Besides main plot points, everything else is written much better and just makes sense in the new version. I was thirteen at the time, THIRTEEN. I know many of you guys are that age, but being nearly twenty now, I have undergo so much writing and personal growth since then. The original is much more of a romance than a fantasy/adventure, but I have no idea how people were able to believe that considering that I was young, never kissed a single person, or even dated anyone, hahahaha. Overall, I just think this version of the series is better and there's even more growth to come :)

I know many of you loved the original, but this is just my opinion. I do hope anyone who has read both versions likes this one more though :)

"How many chapters is there going to be?" @Bershka127

I THINK it's going to be 34 chapters (maybe more??) and then an epilogue. So very soon!! However, don't fret because there's still two more books of this trilogy :) 

(and psst... Chapter 32 is pretty good in my opinion... just remember that)

"Who is your favorite ship? Will there be one for Mack?" @Awesomecords2

I'm definitely a fan of Caylor and Clalex (Claire and Alex). However, don't get any ideas about that because I can also disappoint myself by not getting them together!

And for Mackenzie... I don't think so, but who knows? I think she needs to figure out herself first before letting anyone in. Besides, she's only twelve. She doesn't need any man until she's at least thirty ;)

"When does Taylor turn 18? What kind of abilities does electric have?" @riflegirl597

Taylor turns 18 VERY soon. Not this upcoming chapter, but the next will say when!

And the Electric ability is very interesting, as Mackenzie is the only one to have it. She's the only one able to figure out how much she can manifest and control, so while I can't reveal the extent of her powers just yet, just know that you'll find that out soon!

When do you usually update? (Very commonly asked!!)

Fridays! Works best with my schedule and I know that it's easier for most of you guys to read it at the end of the week when there's no school for many of you. It's usually around 4 PM PST, so that might be considered Saturday for many of you.

Non SA related:

"How do you motivate yourself to keep writing and get past writer's block?" @EarthlyRain

This is a question that I don't have a good answer for because if you followed any of my teen-fic books, you would know that I STRUGGLED with writer's block with basically every chapter. However, with SA I don't have any problems with writing. I think what's helping me get through it is having a plan for every chapter and knowing what will happen. There's no guessing or anything, it's all right there in front of me. Along with that, writing something you truly love and in a genre you enjoy really makes a difference. I never really liked writing in the teenfic section, so I struggled with it.

Any advice for someone going into their freshman year of high school next year? @gamedays

Let me give you the lovely wisdom of a college student~~~

Long story short: high school is not the movies. As long as you stick to yourself and your friends, no one will bother you. Upperclassmen are not rude unless you're being obnoxious. PLEASE do not stop in the middle of the hallways to talk to friends or anything, that is what people get angry at the most. Other than that, enjoy your last four years of basic schooling. Enjoy your friends because after HS, you probably won't talk to them much or even at all. Go to football games, dances, and school functions because you'll regret it when you're older. I don't suggest dating in HS, boys are immature and lame, college is a good time to get into all that (but this is a total personal preference).

Just don't waste these four years because after this, you have to be an adult and do adult things which sucks.

And the MOST asked question ever:

Are Taylor and Cole ever going to get together?

Is Caylor ever going to happen?

When will my ship sail?

And the answer for that is... you just have to wait and see :)

I've also had requests to upload pictures of the cast list! So here's what I have come up with... While these people don't fit my characters exactly, I can't figure out who else could fit their spots. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Cast list:  

Taylor Buckley (Taylor Momsen)

Cole Trainor (Alex Pettyfer):

Claire Richardson (Sarah Hyland):

Alex Carpenter (Matthew Daddario):

Mackenzie Blanchard (Emma Engle):

And this is what I have right now! They're subject to change and add on other important characters once I have people figured out for them. If you have any suggestions, comment them below!

As always, thank you so much for all your support! You guys have really made my life SO much better with all your kind words and encouragements :) I'm sorry for the fiasco this week, but I know you'll enjoy the last few chapters of SA!

If you have any additional questions, you can include them below and I'll try to answer them! 

As always, I'll see you Friday (tomorrow)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

956 518 70
In a world where everybody has an ability, it may seem safe but there are still things this world doesn't know. For example, there are still unknown...
16.1K 478 20
Peace was over the land, but nothing lasts forever... 8 unlikely teens with amazing abilities have joined together to stop the darkness rising ~~~~~ ...
129 1 24
A new town, the start of college life, and adoring parents. Who would give up all that? Trinity Davis, an eighteen-year-old girl leaves just that beh...