This Is Where We Fall (Hetali...

By mochikitty

How are nations during the zombie apocalypse? They are just like their citizens, trying to survive. In a worl... More

The Beginning of the End (Prologue)
"Not Yet" -France & England-
"Tears for the Dead" -Russia & China-
"Ribbons" -Sweden & Finland-
"Voices" -France & England-
"What's Done Is Done" -Sweden & Finland-
"Don't Look Back" -Russia & China-
"So Close" -France & England-
"Bunnies and Eggs" --Russia & Lithuania--
"By the Sea" -Sweden & Finland-
"I Love You" -France & England-
"You There?" -Sweden & Finland-
"Silence" -France-
"Welcome" -Sweden & Finland-
"Lost and Found" -France, Canada & America-
"Silver and Blood" -Denmark, Sweden, Finland-
"The Story of Tonight" -France, Canada, America-
"Stay Alive" -Arthur-
"Here?" -Finland, Denmark-
"Red Metal" -FACE family-
"Unspoken History" -FACE family-
"Rest" -Berlin-
"A Perfect Night" -Berlin-
"I'm Sorry, Dearly Beloved"
This is Where We Fall | pt.1
This is Where We Fall | pt.2
This is Where We Fall | pt.3
Goodbye, Until Tomorrow [Epilogue]

"Waiting"

1K 67 73
By mochikitty

He stared outside the window, his hazel eyes scanning over the terrain. The black metal gate was locked tight and wasn't opening any time soon- unless someone came along. The stone walls were damp from the rain the previous night and gleamed in the midday sunlight. Tiny blue flowers alligned with the pathway that led up to the barricaded building. It was the usual sight to see, which gave him an unpleasant feeling in his stomach. Would this change? Or was this going to continuously go on till time stops?

Feliciano sighed and stepped back from the window, turning to look down the hall he had taken a stop at. There was no sound inside. No music, no voices. Nothing. Of course, that could be just because he was on the upper floor and there were others on the bottom floor. However, that didn't change. Even in a room with everyone who was currently here it was quiet. Silence was the music nowadays. Silence was the nature. Silence was the topic of conversation. Silence was everything.

"Feliciano." The Italian jumped slightly when his name was called. He glanced over to see Antonio standing outside his bedroom door. They all had their own room in this building. Germany's world meeting place was quite big. At the start of it all, Ludwig had gathered as many nations he could find and hid them here. This was the nation's safe haven. Every nation was informed to report here at the start and, so far, only few had made it here.

"Yes?" Feliciano replied, looking at the other blankly. No smiles were exchanged.

"Ludwig wanted me to get you. He says he needs to talk to you." The Spanish male said while scratching the side of his face. A fresh scar from the corner of his right eye down to the corner of his mouth could be seen- how it was acquired was still a mystery to everyone. Antonio never told them what happened. He just arrived at their doorstep weak and hungry and alone with no explanation for his whereabouts or his appearance.

Feliciano nodded and moved past the other silently as he made his way to Ludwig's study. The German always was cooped up in the small library/office in the building. He was constantly looking for answers and tactics to do during this apocalypse.

As he walked, Feliciano briefly glanced through the open rooms leading down into the study. Rodriech was sitting in the dining room absentmindedly picking at the untouched utensils. In the lounge, Gilbert was lying on his back on a couch. He was sleeping which was a little surprising to Feliciano since the Prussian never did sleep nowadays.

Those were the only nations alive in the house. The only ones who made it or were present at the safe haven during this horrid time. Ludwig and Feliciano were here from the start- which was pretty obvious since they were always together no matter what. Gilbert joined them about a month after everything broke out, alone. Then, after a few months, came a disheveled Rodriech with a stare only scarred and traumatized children would bare. The last to arrive was Antonio who, also, came on his own and with an untold story painted on the marks on his face. Every day they anxiously wait to see who's next, if anyone ever does, come up their doorstep.

"Ludwig? You called for me?" Feliciano peered into the study, his eyes darting about for the German. The tall blonde was sitting at a small desk with a couple dozen books stacked upon it. The other was sleep deprived and appeared stressed as he turned to face his partner.

"Yes, yes. I did." Ludwig mumbled, running a hand through his messy hair. "I wanted a check up on everyone here. And to let you know that I feel like I'm coming closer to establishing a way to live in this whole environment."

Feliciano was Ludwig's eyes in the house. Of course, Ludwig was in charge here since it was his home and that was the position he always held, but a majority of his time was locked away in the study. He made it his duty to educate and plan out strategies and ideas of how to get the world back into order and to save everyone if possible. (Do not confuse this act as heroic. In times like this, there is no heroism. There is only surviving.) So, he kept Feliciano as his look out and observer. He kept him up to date on how everyone was, any new arrivals, or if anything stirs the silence.

"Rodriech is relaxing a bit." The Italian said with a clearing of the throat. His voice wasn't the airy, delicate voice he had in the past. No, his voice was much clearer and bolder now. Not a surprise during these times but just a difference that should be pointed out. "He still sits at the dining table and fiddles with the upholstery. I never see him do anything more than that... Antonio is more lively now. He helps me fix up the meals and take watch outside. But he still hasn't opened up- I doubt he will though."

"And Gilbert?" Ludwig interjected, interested about the others but more concerned about his brother.

Feliciano's face fell slightly when the spotlight was put on Gilbert. "He's.. quiet. I just saw him sleeping so that's a good sign. Usually he never sleeps and stays up at the window."

"I don't see it as a good sign." Ludwig said softly, staring at the wall blankly. "That just means his body failed him and demanded that he slept just once."

"I guess..." Feliciano murmured, rubbing his arm awkwardly. "It's odd seeing him so quiet and out of it. Sometimes he doesn't even eat and Antonio and I have to persuade him to. And whenever we talk to him he always mentions... her."

The day Gilbert arrived at their steps, he was alone. The moment he was greeted by Ludwig and Feliciano, they found him distressed and curled up at the foot of the door in hysterics. He didn't speak for a week and merely locked himself away in his room. It seemed like ages before they could lure him out and get some words out of him. Even then, his words were scarce. And whenever he did talk, he talked about her. Her. Since the day he came out of his room, he sat by any window open and stared outside and awaited for any miraculous sign of her. He thought of nothing but her. He was attached to any open sign that may lead him to her. Any time wasted on not looking for her was regretted. So, he took as much time- every second every minute every day- to look for her.

Ludwig sighed, nodding as he got what he was saying. It wasn't a surprise. "I see..."

A long pause was set out between them as what was said was taken into Ludwig's mind. Everyone seemed to be okay, more or less. So, no use of putting aside his work momentarily.

"How about you? Are you doing well?" Ludwig's question broke through the still air, causing Feliciano to snap out of his thoughts.

"Oh, me? Yes, yes... I'm doing fine." He replied with a forced smile. This was obviously a lie and Ludwig saw right through it. He always did and Feliciano always failed to remember what the use of lying was with Ludwig.

The German sighed, looking over at the Italian with a faint pitiful stare. "I'm still looking for a solution. I haven't found anything yet. Don't worry, I'm still working. We'll get him back."

Feliciano blinked, gulping uneasily. "Okay.. Thank you.." He cleared his throat and stepped back a bit. He always was uneasy when this topic came up. However, hearing Ludwig's words did soothe his minor worries. "I think I better go. Antonio and I need to, um, get the evening food stash ready."

"Alright." Ludwig said, staring at Feliciano with a pure look of care and concern. "Take care of yourself, okay?"

"I will."

— — — — — —

"Fratello? You awake?" Feliciano asked, peering into the dim lit room. He closed the door behind him and stood at the foot of the doorway, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. "Ludwig said he was still helping us. He hasn't found anything yet but I know he'll find something soon."

A groan snaked around the room in response to what had been said. Feliciano chuckled uneasily, hearing his brother move ever so slowly where he laid.

"How are you feeling today? Any better?" Feliciano spoke once more, taking a little step closer to his brother.

Lovino's frail and thin figure could barely be seen through the dim lit room. He stood up and shakily turned around to face his sibling. At this, Feliciano smiled slightly.

"Y-You understood me, right?" He asked as small tears painted his cheeks. "Lovi, you're going to be okay. I know you are. You just have to wait a little longer, okay? Is that okay?"

Clang

Lovino lunged at Feliciano, leaning as far as he could to reach him. His wrists were locked onto metal chains that were connected to the farthest wall from the door. His lips curled into a growl as his jaw snapped as he tried to, once again, reached his brother who was so close yet so far. Feliciano felt more tears well up in his eyes as he stared into the deadpanned, misty eyes of his dear brother. Dried blood smeared the corners of his mouth and drenched his clothes. A deep, infectious cut was clearly seen engraved upon the side of his neck.

"L-Lovino, please..." Feliciano choked out, inching hesitantly closer towards his brother. His teary hazel eyes stared into the emptiness of the other's. In response, the southern Italian snarled and pulled at the metal chains binding him from touching Feliciano. "Brother.. Y-You're going to be okay. I promise. Ludwig will fix you. H-He always makes things right..."

He shakily reached over to put a hand over the bony one quickly before he could get a touch back.

"Fratello... Y-You'll be okay..."

________________________________
Author's Note:

Decided to throw in a little surprise chapter. Thought it was time to put in a new part of the story, heh. I hope you guys enjoyed it :)

Please leave your feedback and thoughts in the comments/reviews! I love to hear them and they motivate me to keep writing <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.9K 1.2K 6
THIS STORY IS SUITABLE FOR FANS OF SHUGO CHARA AND ALSO PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT AMU & IKUTO~! Ah but if Tadase x Amu fans want to read this, then sure thi...
699K 12.6K 17
Can you really just be friends if you're having sex? Of course! While you're dealing with frustrations, you enlist your friend Bucky Barnes to help e...
24.6K 686 42
She's been gone 4 years making a life she thought would kill the pain. Fate had other plans.
5.6K 305 30
The dragon prince( after trough the moon. When Rayla left moon Nexus) Callum tried to finde her, but instead he finds Viren and Claudia. Callum will...